Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:46 PM

FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday (45367 Views)

Nigerians React After CCT Clears Saraki Of False Asset Declaration Charges / Saraki At The Code Of Conduct Tribunal For False Asset Declaration (photos) / CCT To Arraign Orubebe For False Asset Declaration & Acceptance Of N70m Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by lastpage: 7:14am On Sep 17, 2015
Ikiriye:

Swine,the problems of this country are they not caused by the Hausas and Yorubas.what is wrong with people crying out for been served injustice since 1960.you expect them to keep quiet while only 2 useless race enjoy the entity called Nigeria.you must be mad and any other persons that supports your ideology.

The "last" nonentity race is already enjoying #Biafra.... what else do these flat-dunder-heads want?

Your "hatred and anger-filled sub-race" is just reaping the reward of what they sowed and continue to sow, so STOP #WAILING! grin tongue

Omo-A'le, Olori'pelebe! tongue tongue

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Reference(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=Meiji post=38083753]

One then wonders why he's just being charged now. Any reasonable, thinking person would have a fair idea.

[/quote]

And is this not part of the period Obasanjo was in power. And we were being told the government couldn't go as far back as that.

It is clearly sectional, targetted, inequitable and so bound to fail. We are clearly back to the Obasanjo days of selective 'justice' for political ends. We are taking several democratic steps backwards and are actively reversing the gains of the last 8 years.

I have often said this. Justice and the balance of power in Nigeria is more important than most other things people get excited about these days.

What will happen is that corruption will fight back and eventually prevail simply because so called justice is not fair. Corruption is a systemic, national problem not domiciled in one group or the other. Just like infectious diseases you can only tackle it wholistically and we know this is not possible until the country is restructured. Any other thing is just a waste of time.
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by lastpage: 7:16am On Sep 17, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

@Barcanista is GONE! Go figure..

No way!

We shall forever remember Barcanista ..... for it is a good example of how a "good man" flip-flops at the smell of "naira". grin grin

The "good" that men do, ...lives with them!
undecided undecided undecided

Lastpage!

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by wale0911: 7:18am On Sep 17, 2015
Meiji:

One then wonders why he's just being charged now. Any reasonable, thinking person would have a fair idea.

There's nothing to wonder about here. This is the only time in the Nigeria history that you are likely to get justice. Would the PDP lead government under OBJ or Jonathan allow one of their own to sink. It obviously would have been a wasted effort just like many others. My problem is the perceptions of Nigerians, we cry of corruption and stealing, yet we are also quick to condemn when some people are charged for same conducts. If saraki is clean of all charges, let him defend himself. Nobody should be above the law if truly we want a Nigeria of our dream. I submit.

4 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Afroconnect: 7:18am On Sep 17, 2015
Sarakis are known greedy mofos,like father like son-a dynasty of thieves and public looters.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by okoomoge2(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2015
I have come to realise we have folks who don't really understand there are unwritten laws that you must adhere to !!

Saraki to me did not learn well from his father! There are fight you don't pick up not because you are weak but for tactical reason.

No one with over ambition succeed in life.
No matter are smart, brilliant and intelligent, you need endorsement !!! Even in the Western world where they have practiced democracy for over 100 years , you need endorsement from the right quarters.

48 laws of Power (Robert Green)
Never outshine your master.
Don't reveal your talent too much you may become a threat that need to be totally crushed.

The Art of War (Tzu)

Be sure you can win a battle totally before rolling out your amours!

Yoruba Philosophy

Ma to Oju ile mo Le , to ba fe la Le !

Ciao!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by TonyeBarcanista(m): 7:22am On Sep 17, 2015
lastpage:

No way!

We shall forever remember Barcanista ..... for it is a good example of how a "good man" flip-flops at the smell of "naira". grin grin

The "good" that men do, ...lives with them!
undecided undecided undecided

Lastpage!
U de confuse yourself. I no know the naira wey you de talk whether ne you be be accountant wey effect the transfer or na you be the negotiator wey broker the deal.

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by teamchocolate: 7:22am On Sep 17, 2015
I am a Nigerian and I av family members who have been and are senators.. plus it's just logical reasoning... it's called forecasting... > grin

porka:

[size=13pt]How are you sure of this? Are you a senator?[/size]
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 7:23am On Sep 17, 2015
Kill corruption b4 it kills Nigeria!
Prosecute Bukola now!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by lastpage: 7:30am On Sep 17, 2015
otunsman:
Buhari lied that he had less than #1m in his bank account.Only to publicly declared #30million.That's also lying on oath.I have not seen an old man who lie than buhari.

You are very daft!
You just dey throw words around!!

Need you be reminded that Buhari did not make the #1M before a judge, in a law court, under oath .....

So how did he lie "under oath"? In which court? In front of which Judge?

Gerrout and go and sell your wares in traffic.... and tell MTN not to give you free data, ever again.

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by seedorfg(m): 7:31am On Sep 17, 2015
saraki the most 'short term' senate president

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by lastpage: 7:37am On Sep 17, 2015
seedorfg:
saraki the most 'short term' senate president

He was playing "deadly politics"!

Strange, for someone with a very dirty and ignoble past!

I "foresee" that other Senators will suddenly withdraw their backing for him in a "politics of self-preservation".
Scratch PMB back there, so he can "scratch yours" when the time comes
!

Politics, is a game, ..........of "give and take", ........"sacrifice and offerings"
Saraki is TOAST!

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by blackandbold: 7:41am On Sep 17, 2015
hinwazaka:

Your messiah is using this as a smoke screen to postpone his deadline for ministerial appointments. You are here talking about rats and cats, in relation to an issue that is DOA.
well surprisingly..the messiah has succeeded in making fuel available at. reasonably stable price for more that two months now without so called ministers..a fit that could not be done in 2years with arrays of ministers...the likes of ngozi and Allison.i am not saying ministers are not important...their presence is supposed to make governance lot easier not frustrating.
sometimes i do think its better to leave post empty rather than to b occupied by people of ,zero integrity amd usefulness.
let ministers be selected based on constitution and also on ability to deliver ,an not based on party association.i await the ministrarial list eagerly to see people who have same level of convinction as dora akuyili(RIP mama)

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by oweman: 7:45am On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=mindset1 post=38079475]Lets see how this would end...

Did Jonathan declare his assets when doing his inglorious second term am only asking . maybe there might be wailer prepared to answer .. If this is all the TVC group can do they sing start anything yet .
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by ojuu4u(m): 7:49am On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=chukwudi44 post=38082068]

Olodo saraki is ten times more powerful than ordinaru commissioner Osinbanjo.Unless Buhari does not want to have his ministerial nominees confirmed,he would not move against him.

And wht wll be offence(s) of ministerial nominees that all of them wll not be comfirmed. Stop dream, is a matter of time we shal knw who is powerful btw legal giant nd fraudster

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 17, 2015
saraki is too corrupt he should be jailed along with his wife, buhari will certainly appoint ministers this month whether Senate screen them or not, buhari is the big fish here he should name them and give them their portfolio work starts immediately as the case of security chiefs
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by omojeesu(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2015
We understand why!
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by sunnymaja(m): 7:57am On Sep 17, 2015
Nairaland is a good source of information but the sentimental people are corrupting it. There is nothing new in charging Saraki. Let him face it and clear himself. After about five years of leaving office as governor, Tinubu was charged in 2012 for the same offence - not disclosing foreign accounts but he was later cleared after facts emerged that those accounts were actually dormant. Nigeria is getting better because it is sending a signal that if you have skeleton in your cupboard, you cannot rule the Country. Better for us.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2015
ayindejimmy:

What makes you think Saraki may have the support of all APC senators. Maybe those from Kwara and Kogi... And that's all. Remember all those senators have skeletons in their cupboards. It's every man for his own now
Ode Saraki was elected Senate President without the support of about 80% of APC senators. He can survive without the APC
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2015
for those called our amiable VP a mare commissioner, Osinbajo has clean money and he is not a public looter he is highly respected in law firms, unlike career politicians we have in this country

2 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 17, 2015
sunnymaja:
Nairaland is a good source of information but the sentimental people are corrupting it. There is nothing new in charging Saraki. Let him face it and clear himself. After about five years of leaving office as governor, Tinubu was charged in 2012 for the same offence - not disclosing foreign accounts but he was later cleared after facts emerged that those accounts were actually dormant. Nigeria is getting better because it is sending a signal that if you have skeleton in your cupboard, you cannot rule the Country. Better for us.
I thought Buhari told us he wasn't going to probe 1999-2007 ? So now what has changed?
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2015
udeagbalaC:
saraki is too corrupt he should be jailed along with his wife, buhari will certainly appoint ministers this month whether Senate screen them or not, buhari is the big fish here he should name them and give them their portfolio work starts immediately as the case of security chiefs
Sorry dear, unless the Senate clears the nominees, no minister would be appointed, and unless the budgets are approved by the Senate, no money would be expended by the ministries
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2015
lastpage:

He was playing "deadly politics"!

Strange, for someone with a very dirty and ignoble past!

I "foresee" that other Senators will suddenly withdraw their backing for him in a "politics of self-preservation".
Scratch PMB back there, so he can "scratch yours" when the time comes
!

Politics, is a game, ..........of "give and take", ........"sacrifice and offerings"
Saraki is TOAST!

Lastpage!
You have been saying this since last June, what has changed?
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 8:04am On Sep 17, 2015
okoomoge2:
I have come to realise we have folks who don't really understand there are unwritten laws that you must adhere to !!

Saraki to me did not learn well from his father! There are fight you don't pick up not because you are weak but for tactical reason.

No one with over ambition succeed in life.
No matter are smart, brilliant and intelligent, you need endorsement !!! Even in the Western world where they have practiced democracy for over 100 years , you need endorsement from the right quarters.

48 laws of Power (Robert Green)
Never outshine your master.
Don't reveal your talent too much you may become a threat that need to be totally crushed.

The Art of War (Tzu)

Be sure you can win a battle totally before rolling out your amours!

Yoruba Philosophy

Ma to Oju ile mo Le , to ba fe la Le !

Ciao!

When the war starts,we will know between Saraki and Buhari who mastered the book you just quoted
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by ojuu4u(m): 8:04am On Sep 17, 2015
[quote author=FreeGlobe post=38085554]
That mere commissioner statement really pained yorubas and rendered that office irrelevant... lol.... Please APC should go ahead and prosecute Saraki.. This is the fastest way to crash the demonic party

U ar just dsplaying ur foolisness to the whole world
does that statement make him nt to be no 2 citizen?
and d u kn bukola is a yoruba man? U should try to be consellor first in ur ward

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Caseless: 8:06am On Sep 17, 2015
chukwudi44:
I suppose Buhari does not want to have his ministerial nominees to be confirmed!!! Saraki will fight back and its gonna be dirty
you just don't want to respect your age; you always sound like a kid. What power has the Senate president to stop the screening of a ministerial nominee?

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 8:07am On Sep 17, 2015
lastpage:

Even the military which Jonathan "politicised" had swiftly published PMB's certificates, NTA quickly broadcast it for all to see... so what else are we yet to see?

A competent court had sat over the Buhari certificate Saga and thrown the case out, just after the election.

Stop dreaming, this is the "real world" and mere "hatred and frustration" dont win cases in court! grin grin grin
Saraki is a gonner! Countdown has just begun!
undecided

Lastpage!

Maybe I was in dreamland when Buhari's certificates were allegedly published, I hope you don't mind posting the link here.
FYI the Buhari certificate case was not thrown out, rather it was withdrawn by the complainants!! That case is yet to be decided and can be reopened at any time

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 8:08am On Sep 17, 2015
Caseless:
you just don't want to respect your age; you always sound like a kid. What power has the Senate president to stop the screening of a ministerial nominee?
You will soon know when they nays have it!!!
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by hinwazaka: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2015
blackandbold:

well surprisingly..the messiah has succeeded in making fuel available at. reasonably stable price for more that two months now without so called ministers..a fit that could not be done in 2years with arrays of ministers...the likes of ngozi and Allison.i am not saying ministers are not important...their presence is supposed to make governance lot easier not frustrating.
sometimes i do think its better to leave post empty rather than to b occupied by people of ,zero integrity amd usefulness.
let ministers be selected based on constitution and also on ability to deliver ,an not based on party association.i await the ministrarial list eagerly to see people who have same level of convinction as dora akuyili(RIP mama)
Show me proof that attests to the fact that Fuel price vis a vis supply was unstable for a period of 2 to 3 months during the tenure of the last administration. You seem to forget that the last administration also had a smooth inception
Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by honeywealth75(m): 8:16am On Sep 17, 2015
Chukwu odi (deaf) or what are u called? Dis is a man whoy has good record and outstanding work records in office he also rose to d highest level in his career and u av one saraki dat almost take us down in kwara state calling him mere commissioner, am frm d same area, ward, local goverment has saraki so i knw beta abouyt him dan u. Mugun i dnt tink u knw hw goverment work. Leyts wait and see[quote authyor=chukwudi44 post=38082068]

Olodo saraki is ten times more powerful than ordinaru commissioner Osinbanjo.Unless Buhari does not want to have his ministerial nominees confirmed,he would not move against him.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Caseless: 8:21am On Sep 17, 2015
Meiji:

it took the law this long time to beam its search light on him due to the fact that the administration that came before this compromised on enforcing certain laws and punishing defaulters. There is a new sheriff in town...expect the right things to start happening.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Arraign Senate President Over False Asset Declaration On Friday by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2015
Caseless:
it took the law this long time to beam its search light on him due to the fact that the administration that came before this compromised on enforcing certain laws and punishing defaulters. There is a new sheriff in town...expect the right things to start happening.

Lol i thought old bubu was was not going to pobe 1999-2007

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

EFCC Raids Ambode's Residence [PHOTOS] / Mind What You Say - Femi Fani-kayode Shades Tinubu / Opposition Senators Stage Walkout Over Call For Buhari’s Impeachment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.