Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,204 members, 7,822,058 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:53 AM

Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te (1568 Views)

Chidi Odinkalu Mocks DSS Raid On Judges – In 5 Tweets / 2019 Elections May Not Hold- Professor Chidi Odinkalu / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by chukwurah12345(m): 11:14pm On Sep 16, 2015
Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari
Channels Television. 
Updated September 16, 2015
The Chairman of the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC), Professor Chidi Odinkalu, has urged President Muhammadu Buhari to reveal his plans for Nigeria for the nation in the country instead of revealing his plans during his visits to foreign countries.

Speaking to legal luminaries during a conference to brainstorm on the roles of Integrity and Accountability in National Development in Abuja on Wednesday, the NHRC Chairman, said the era of change which the President has launched requires that he carries Nigerians along first.

Professor Odinkalu said the President’s trend of announcing his plans in foreign countries is inconsiderate of the needs of Nigerians, who elected him into office and deserve to know his plans for governance without reading or hearing about them in the foreign media.

The event was also set to create a dialogue for national renewal by overhauling the country’s integrity system to ensure accountability.

The thrust of discussion was that development in Nigeria can neither be advanced nor sustained while impunity and lack of accountability are allowed in the public service and government at all levels.

Professor Odinkalu said the change needed to instill integrity that will cause development will be led by the President, who he said will start by talking to Nigerians.

Other speakers at the event observed that there are many challenges that Nigeria needs to tackle; chief among them insecurity, unemployment, infrastructure, health and education.

He, however, maintained that any effort made to set these sectors right towards development would be unsuccessful without integrity and accountability across board.

3 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by chocolateme(f): 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
The man is making sense somehow shaa, Nigerians should not be left out in some informations.
Even most of these foreigners only pretend to support us but behind our back, they are serious menace to our country

3 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by 5starmilitant: 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
When you say the truth, they tag you a wailer. I know the suffering and smiling slaves will be here very soon to masturbate & spew thrash about how their brainless messiah's body odour has been healing the sick.

Say barber..................say idiot

9 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Brightology2(m): 11:15pm On Sep 16, 2015
Expect more of dis 4rm d duara dullard mugu-hari

4 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by yanabasee(m): 11:19pm On Sep 16, 2015
The Dullard-Dauran is still high on french weed... He prolly wouldn't care to unveil his plans until he's done islamizing this country!

6 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by dunkem21(m): 11:20pm On Sep 16, 2015
So on point.

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Glowstone(m): 11:32pm On Sep 16, 2015
he doesn't even reveals to his vice not to talk of ordinary Nigerians

3 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by ZKOSOSO(m): 11:43pm On Sep 16, 2015
Glowstone:
he doesn't even reveals to his vice not to talk of ordinary Nigerians

Point of Correction....... MereCommissioner!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Mrbigman1(m): 11:45pm On Sep 16, 2015
The president is yet to address the country he is ruling since swearing in.

I'd appoint minister in Ghana
5% USA
BokoHaram prisoners swap France.

Maybe. I will build a power station Hungary

I will build another rail line. Japan

I will build new roads. Fuji island

The first corrupt person will go to jail cos am a toothless bulldog who makes a lot of noce.

Madagascar

Tankio cos am waiting and proudly 5%

9 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by merry02(m): 11:55pm On Sep 16, 2015
Hello, he doesn't trusty anybody in Nigeria. Buhari is diasporian President!

3 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by permsec: 11:57pm On Sep 16, 2015
PMB makes pronouncements only when abroad and they are thus, i will, i will, i will, etc. no concrete achievement can be tagged to this administration other than optimism.

How can he carry people along when his vice(osunbade) is barely aware of the events within yet they tag him an ACTIVE vice.

I wonder how Hollande deciphers his Mallamic english language during discussion.

Holland be like "ok ok ok i've heard you, when are you leaving for Nigeria cos i have other pressing issues that needs attention.

Quel homme terne!= What a dull man!

3 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by nnachukz(m): 12:02am On Sep 17, 2015
He doesn't trust the majority of Nigerians. I believe his closest circle knows his plans, especially those that are coming back from retirement to take up appointment. The masses made him the president but he now prefers to parley with foreigners and closest friends only.

3 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by ERODEDEAST(f): 2:39am On Sep 17, 2015
Shame on Bull.ari and his worshipers

...And this is a President that has not address the Country since he was Sworn in

Sometimes I wonder if a sane fellow can support this Illiterate

4 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by ultrazone(m): 3:30am On Sep 17, 2015
Nice observation

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by kenny987(f): 3:47am On Sep 17, 2015
True...I am still surprised that he hasn't seen it fit to address Nigerians personally since his election.

2 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by oduastates: 3:53am On Sep 17, 2015
I cannot remember this guy saying anything meaningful when goatluck was in power.
Fair weather activist.

2 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Realisticman: 5:28am On Sep 17, 2015
This blame should rather be put on the shoulders of our 'brown envelope journalist' who can't ask the president serious questions when they meet with him.
All these 'plans' Buhari revealed outside the shore of the country were mostly response to the questions that those foreign journalists asked him. I don't understand why a certain tribe will just constitute themselves as an opposition out of God knows why. I hope that you people don't push this too far that will result to every other tribes to start to see you as an enemy of the State.

6 Likes

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Smooyis(m): 6:21am On Sep 17, 2015
Yes you made a good point sir. Afterall charity begins at home.

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by erunz(m): 6:29am On Sep 17, 2015
Hmmm
Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by knostbrown01(m): 6:31am On Sep 17, 2015
Mrbigman1:
The president is yet to address the country he is ruling since swearing in.

I'd appoint minister in Ghana
5% USA
BokoHaram prisoners swap France.

Maybe. I will build a power station Hungary

I will build another rail line. Japan

I will build new roads. Fuji island

The first corrupt person will go to jail cos am a toothless bulldog who makes a lot of noce.

Madagascar

Tankio cos am waiting and proudly 5%

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by andresia(m): 6:34am On Sep 17, 2015
I go with Prof Odinkalu on this. Honestly, the president must begin to address us about his plans here in Nigeria. Kinda embarrassing as it seems he is taking us for granted.
God bless PMB
God bless Nigeria
Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by omowolewa: 6:36am On Sep 17, 2015
So bad that important issues were first heard on foreign media.
It brings us to the era where we have to be looking forward for baba's trip to know whatz on his mind leaving nija press to speculation on body languge only.

Issues relating to foreign affairs is what we expect on foreign trips not internal issues.

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by kettykin: 6:41am On Sep 17, 2015
No press conferences, no media summit, no state of the nation address, no information minister to brief and clarify government position only body language.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by SalC: 6:49am On Sep 17, 2015
On point, prof is becoming as outspoken as his brother.

Our presido doesn't think its necessary carrying Nigerians along. He prefers the "one man mopol" system of governance

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Dafe20(m): 6:57am On Sep 17, 2015
We now live in a global world where information is disseminated within seconds, either PMB reveals his plans for Nigerians in Nnewi or in New Zealand, the bottom line is we can easily access whatever he says in few microseconds. The image of this country had been bastardized by our past leaders (esp. the last government), the only way we can regain the trusts and commitments of these developed Nations is for our leader to showcase his plans to the world and this is exactly what the president is doing, afterall, no country survives in isolation. Furthermore, by so doing, there will be more condemnations in case the President derails 'cos such statement is made to the world. We shouldn't always try to make a mountain out of a molehill regarding whatever action, appointment or whatsoever the President made inasmuch it is in accordance with the law of the land, is there any law that says the President should not reveal his programs for the country outside the country? Na wa ooo.
Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by greatiyk4u(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2015
#word
Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Nobody: 7:18am On Sep 17, 2015
Nigerians ain't buying his lies again, so he is now lying to foreign countries, maybe they will believe him.

How can we believe a man who has denied his campaign promises.

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by bonechamberlain(m): 7:19am On Sep 17, 2015
anyone who thinks buhari has a plan for Nigeria should wake up, he only has a plan for the north. his major plan for Nigeria was to deal with looters but he has seen that this is not 1984.

1 Like

Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by gbadexy(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2015
This man made sense with his observation.
coming to think of it, our president mostly reveals his plans when interviewed on foreign trips.
Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by LastSurvivor: 8:11am On Sep 17, 2015
This buhari of a guy don't fucking care about Nigerians, he is more of Diaspora president
Re: Reveal Your Plans To Nigerians Not Foreigners, Odinkalu Tells Buhari Channels Te by Lordtrillion(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2015
True

(1) (2) (Reply)

New Permanent Secretaries Approved By PMB / Shocking:two Gays Caught In The Act In Delta State (photo) / FULL LIST: "From Anenih's N53million,9 Of Us Visited Sultan & 13 Emirs" -Yakasai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.