Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,231 members, 7,818,781 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:47 AM

Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom (27614 Views)

Woman Robbed And Raped For Eight Hours In Front Of Her Father In Kenya (photo) / Gunmen Robbed By Deadly Gang In Ogun After Stealing N500K. Photos / Governor Dickson's Special Adviser Who Robbed A Bank Arrested (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Islie: 11:18am On Sep 17, 2015
A man of God has been nabbed fore robbing a
widow during her husband's funeral.

Apostle Nsikak Etim, the Founder and General
Overseer of City of Reality Christian Centre, located at Ediene Ikot Obio Imo in Uyo, Akwa Ibom State, has been arrested after he was fingered in robbing a woman whose husband had just been buried, of cash amounting to over N600,000, two cell phones, a cheque book and ATM card belonging to the deceased, and a briefcase containing the late deceased documents, which was handed over to the
woman’s son for safe keeping..

It was gathered that the pastor who hails from Enen Atai, Itu Local Government Area, had attended the burial held at Ituk Mbag in Uruan Local Government Area of the state uninvited, but as man of God, he was welcomed by the family of the late man, not knowing he had come with another mission; to steal and to rob.
While at the funeral, Apostle Etim, a father of one, carefully monitored the widow as she received sympathizers as they gave her one gift or the other and at the end of the day, he swooped in and stole the bag that contained the money and the other items.

It was learnt that after stealing the bag, the pastor immediately used the stolen cash to acquire a land in Uyo, emptied the account of the late man with the ATM card and handed over the dead man's phones to his wife while keeping the other belonging to the woman, for himself.

But nemesis was to soon catch up with the criminal pastor as he was tracked down by the Department of State Services (DSS), through the stolen phones and was arrested while conducting a church service at his church.

During interrogation, Apostle Etim admitted to his crime, blaming the devil for his actions.
“Please don’t send me to jail. The devil is trying to rubbish my ministry. Please do not involve my wife in this, she is innocent.
I did not tell her where I got the phone from. I don’t want our child to grow up without a father, please have mercy upon me,” he pleaded with the police.

He also promised to return the plot of land he bought with the stolen money to the widow as well as refund all the money he siphoned from his victim's bank account.

http://pulse.ng/gist/holy-thief-how-pastor-robbed-widow-during-husbands-funeral-in-akwa-ibom-id4176254.html

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by SlickBack2(m): 11:21am On Sep 17, 2015
Yea, these Pastors be enriching their pockets, not suprised sad

4 Likes

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Chanchit: 11:21am On Sep 17, 2015
Out of all the people serving God, its the clerics that fear him less, so after scamming from the altar that one no do you, na to launch counter attack remain?! Guy your prison jersey don ready, e just remain to wear am.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by eleko1: 11:22am On Sep 17, 2015
The useless pastor is Cursed.Pro 22:22-23, Zech 7:10.Fear God o ye thieves sad

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by ijustdey: 11:23am On Sep 17, 2015
he was welcomed by the family of the late man, not knowing he had come with another mission; to steal and to rob.

a thief comes to steal, kill and destroyed.... but I came to give........ (fill the gaps)

this pastor is the opposite of the commission that Christ gave to the church and people.

such a disgrace

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by LastSurvivor: 11:36am On Sep 17, 2015
Even devil will be disappointed with some men of God..

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Gabaleve(m): 11:36am On Sep 17, 2015
holy thief

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Blizzyblinkzy(f): 11:38am On Sep 17, 2015
The devil all the time.

Devil don suffer. He didn't think abt all wat he said b4 stealing.God will help us, we don't know who is who.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by ramaju: 11:46am On Sep 17, 2015
How did he use the ATM card without tje secret number or who gave him the PIN? I guess it was in the bag he stole? What of the cheque book? How did he fodge the signature? lest i forget, the woman should be called to explain some of these?

9 Likes

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Tonnniey: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2015
Ok
Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:47am On Sep 17, 2015
Ole!!! angry

But how did he get the ATM Pin? undecided

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by koxi: 11:47am On Sep 17, 2015
Imagine that!!
Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by LMAyedun(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2015
There is more to this story.. How did the pastor get the pin to the ATM card? I think the Pastor is not totally new to that environment... The dead man's wife should tell us more.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by fpeter(f): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2015
grin cheesy
Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:48am On Sep 17, 2015
SMH...nothing we no go hear for this life.
Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by tolexy007(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2015
angry False prophets everywhere, the funniest thing is that most their followers knows that they are fake, but they will still continue to follow them...o ma se oo cry

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by ITbomb(m): 11:48am On Sep 17, 2015
Ok
Chai devil don suffer accusations. Devil rubbish your ministry ke? Or na your hands

1 Like

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by cana882(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2015
We need to classify this pastors spirituality o

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by youngice(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2015
Na I'n type

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Burger01(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2015
These pastors and money.. like bread and butter. Useless pastor. Tithe money no do, abi? angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by siraj1402(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2015
No problem,gospel moving forward nani
Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by McCarlito(m): 11:49am On Sep 17, 2015
All these G.O's them grin grin grin

Meanwhile click to see the first set of nigerian lawmakers scalling fence since 1962

www.nairaland.com/2594582/meet-first-generation-nigerian-lawmakers#38098134
Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by MZdamola(f): 11:50am On Sep 17, 2015
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:50am On Sep 17, 2015
Nigerian celebrity robbers e.g Kumuyi,Adeboye

3 Likes

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by countsparrow: 11:51am On Sep 17, 2015
Ok, well done pastor, well done...

1 Like

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by fergiiosugo(m): 11:51am On Sep 17, 2015
If she had chased him away when he came, some Nigerians would have have said she don pursue angel....

1 Like

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by flokii: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2015
grin grin grin
You sef jst check d name... maka why na?

1 Like

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by Nobody: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2015
not new in a 'religious' country like ours.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Robbed Widow During Husband's Funeral In Akwa Ibom by MadCow1: 11:53am On Sep 17, 2015
Sweet

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Zimbabwean Man Beats Wife, Shaves Hair With Knife For Following Him To Bet Shop / Teenage Student Commits Suicide In Delta After Being Rebuked For Dating / Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.