Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,426 members, 7,812,258 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:50 AM

Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital (27615 Views)

New Born Baby Dumped At Iyana Ipaja Market (photos) / Gunmen Storm Ekiti Hospital, Demand Day Old Babies / Gunmen Stormed Ekiti Hospital Demanding Day Old Baby (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by surawilly(m): 10:50pm On Nov 17, 2013

Five gunmen, suspected to be ritualists on Sunday invaded the government hospital in Ado-Ekiti, demanding for new born babies.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the gunmen who were said to be numbering about five, arrived at the hospital at about 1:00 a.m. demanding for a day old babies, and beating up staff who could not give satisfactory answer.

A senior health officer, who pleaded anonymity, said that the armed men invaded the hospital located along Irona area at about 1:00 a.m. and suddenly began molesting medical officials on night duty.

According to the officer, the invaders, who were fully armed, are rhetorically demanding for the whereabouts of a particular baby, said to have been delivered earlier in the day.

“They got more annoyed when they were told that no baby was available in the hospital as at the time they came, it angered then the more and they went berserk,’’ the officer said.

This development, NAN learnt angered the men who beat up the hospital staff and injured some of them.

“As a senior person on duty, I tried to convince them that all new born babies have been discharged from the centre in the last couple of days, but they refused to be convinced.

“This angered them the more and they descended on the staff beating us, some of them were busy ransacking the place in search of babies,’’ the source said.

When contacted, the Chairman of Ado Local Government, Mr Tope Olanipekun confirmed the incident, saying “this is a new twist to crime in the area’’.

Olanipekun, who claimed to have visited the hospital to see things for himself, described the incident as “highest point of callousness on the part of the perpetrators.’’

“As I speak, the incident actually happened and I want to assure you that we are taking step to forestall a recurrence.’’

The chairman said that he had already ordered that night duty be suspended in all the hospitals in the council, pending when tight security measures, which would include fencing of all health centres be taken.

The State Police Public Relations Officer, Mr Victor Babayemi, ASP, who was surprised at the development, however said the incident was yet to be reported to the police command. (NAN)

http://www.ynaija.com/gunmen-storm-ekiti-hospital-at-mid-night-demand-new-born-babies/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by waleadex(m): 11:34pm On Nov 17, 2013
Their days are numbered.

9 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by buoye1(m): 11:46pm On Nov 17, 2013
So serious how ppu r trying every possible means of making money!!!they ll stil donate half to charity SMH......2nd to comment sha!

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by joannes7(m): 12:01am On Nov 18, 2013
bat shit crazy!

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by dominique(f): 9:23am On Nov 18, 2013
Plain madness! And these people have children of their own or hope to have at some point. Thunder fire and burn them all, heartless souls.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Lilimax(f): 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
What a wicked world we live in !angry
Good to know the robbers could not lay their hands on any baby.
They shall be exposed...
Ndi ojoo!

13 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by ocheejemb: 5:01pm On Nov 18, 2013
Mehn, which kind of world do we even live in?

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Sanniebee: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Oga o
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Damojo: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
They need to legalize guns in this country, I have always said it!!!

16 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by NadiaSA1(f): 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Wao
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 18, 2013
Nawa 4 naija aswia...btw dem get money for diapers abi how the robbers wan take feed the babies? Fooooools
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by kennyonthrone(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
Wtf!dnt y pple re in2 dis kinda biz despite knowin dat u can't do it moredan 6 yrz b4 u bin caught....mk una amend ur wayz.tnk God sy d no carry any pikin komot
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Michaellegend(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2013
when you beat your drum u will dance to it and dere is no way u will not dance astray.....unknwn

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Michaellegend(m): 5:03pm On Nov 18, 2013

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by arowolobioyinbo: 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Since election is approaching. I suspect our politicians. They can do anything.

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by k4kenny(f): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
This is just messed up. Just when you think you've heard the most gruesome news and seen the shadiest characters, these scum come along.
God in His infinite mercies made them come at a time when there were no newborns in the hospital. I can't imagine how horrible it'll feel after going through 9 rigorous months of pregnancy and hours of agonising labour only for a cursed soul to come and snatch your bundle of joy. They'll surely suffer in this world and the hereafter

Sooooo angry angry angry

26 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Stunner1(f): 5:04pm On Nov 18, 2013
Evryday for the thief hmmmm
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by tonididdy(m): 5:05pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by firstolalekan(m): 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
angry
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by packman: 5:06pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Cubeet: 5:07pm On Nov 18, 2013
What a wicked world. I never knew Ekiti state was like this

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 18, 2013
babynapping.for someone to steal a child for whatever reason,that person has to be emotionally and morally bankrupt.this is original pure undiluted evil.people think the devil is in hell,when we have people around us who are ready to be devils for a few thousand bucks

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by kenny987(f): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
@topic: This is a sad state of affairs! I've neva heard of dis kind of news b4! Lord take control.
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by Oysdam(m): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by femi4: 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
Which kain robber no like money.....
Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by jmoore(m): 5:10pm On Nov 18, 2013
Damojo: They need to legalize guns in this country, I have always said it!!!

civil war

We need CCTVs in public institutions.

5 Likes

Re: Gunmen Demand For New Born Babies At Ekiti Hospital by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:11pm On Nov 18, 2013
When I listened to it this morning, I was shocked!
Last Bullet:

The injury sustained by this world is so so so worst.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Kills His Girlfriend In Ondo For Calling Him A Lazy Youth / How Chinese Miners Endangering FCT Residents Enjoy Police Protection - The Cable / Police Avert Theft Of Train Coaches In Maiduguri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.