Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,283 members, 7,818,959 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:56 AM

Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years (43026 Views)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Mznaett: 11:46pm On Sep 17, 2015
Hmm
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 1:38am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Any course which is actually practicable and realistic in Nigeria, sir.
ooh seems shocked like agriculture is not practicable n realistic in Nigeria abi undecided

P.s - stop underating any course, and the funny thing is that you might not actually work in your field of study, the skills you acquire matters!
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by KUNZEH(m): 2:02am On Sep 18, 2015
Estorico:
My dear University of Ilorin might be one of the best in Nigeria in terms of standard, but there is just something behind that school. I have seen top Nigerians in Government and all other good companies came out from ABU, UNIBEN, UNILAG, OAU, U.I, even UNIPORT, UNN but how many top people in government or other good companies are from Unilorin? Its as if there is something behind that school. You read,they frustrate you and the frustration continues even after graduation except God intervenes.Apart from the current Kwara state governor that graduated from there,i don't know of anyone neither have i seen any in top places that came out from Unilorin. I am not surprised at that op's complaints cause that is just how it is. @ op,hope and trust in God alone,for He will surely make a way.
OGA,THere is noting behind university of ilorin...the likes of UI,OAU,UNILAG,ABU and UNN are first generation universities. These Universities were established between 1948 and 1965, following the recommendation of Ashby Commission set up by the British Colonial Government to study the needs for university education for Nigeria. These universities are fully funded by the Federal Government. They were established primarily to meet the manpower needs of Nigeria and set basic standards for university education in the country. These universities have continued to play their roles for manpower developments and provisions of standards, which have helped to guide the subsequent establishments of other generations
and states universities in Nigeria. BETTER BY FAR on the other hand is a second generation univesity, Between 1970 and 1985, 12 additional universities were established and located in various parts of the country. Compare unilorin with UDUSOK,UNIMAD,UNIJOS,UNICAR,BUK and the rest that were established the same year.

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by donpisky: 4:23am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Before you start shouting, which course did u go for sef, Agric Many students who went to study Agric are biting their finger in regret so, she should rather go back and study a good cause.

Bro I disagree with you, destiny has nothing to do with what you studied in the university..we have people dat studied religion, agric, education and many among the host of other doing well than a person that studied engineering or medicine.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Willdidi(m): 5:23am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Any course which is actually practicable and realistic in Nigeria, sir.

So agricultural science is not a practicable course again? Thesame agriculture is what we were known for before the oil boom thesame agriculture is what everyone needs everyday for survival and thesame agriculture is what everyone is saying we should go back to since the fall of oil price in the international market. So I don't understand what you mean by practicable and realistic in nigeria, so did you study yourself that is if your even a graduate to start with.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Asiwaju9ja(m): 6:03am On Sep 18, 2015
How she go see work? She know anybody? But Naija Must change. There's a new sheriff in town.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Lero15(m): 6:54am On Sep 18, 2015
Estorico:
My dear University of Ilorin might be one of the best in Nigeria in terms of standard, but there is just something behind that school. I have seen top Nigerians in Government and all other good companies came out from ABU, UNIBEN, UNILAG, OAU, U.I, even UNIPORT, UNN but how many top people in government or other good companies are from Unilorin? Its as if there is something behind that school. You read,they frustrate you and the frustration continues even after graduation except God intervenes.Apart from the current Kwara state governor that graduated from there,i don't know of anyone neither have i seen any in top places that came out from Unilorin. I am not surprised at that op's complaints cause that is just how it is. @ op,hope and trust in God alone,for He will surely make a way.
Can't believe I'm reading this from you shocked
Maybe you should do research on this your assertion.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by baba11(m): 6:55am On Sep 18, 2015
Nigeria doesn't have structures for one's intellect to succeed except by personal effort cool

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Lero15(m): 7:00am On Sep 18, 2015
sawyer89:

This is untrue. There are a lot of University of Ilorin graduates occupying top positions in the corporate world. Of notable mentions are Mr Babs Omotowa (The managing director of NLNG), Mr. Isiaka Abdulrazaq (Group Executive Director, Finance & Services of NNPC), Dr. Babatunde Victor Adeniran (Group Executive Director, Commercial & Investment of NNPC) and others too numerous to mention. In recent times, Unilorin students and graduates have been employed as analysts and interns in top notch companies like Bank of America and Goldman Sachs, London.
You can't compare the influence of ABU, UI and OAU graduates with that of University of Ilorin because they are first generation universities and were established years before University of Ilorin was founded. But Unilorin graduates are not doing badly.

It's a pity Prof Oloyede's tenure elapsed before he could conclude Ruth's recruitment. I pray luck and favor shine on you soonest. I respect and admire your tenacity and focus.
Lols

Bless you, bro.
It's good to do research before we post things jare.
And the person you quoted na Unilorin alumnus o.
We are numerous where I work ... And we are all representing big time.

Pastor Sam Adeyemi too is an alumnus.

Life has never been fair really.
Maybe the uni could not employ all their best grads then.
Sometimes being the best student in school does not translate to success after school.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by anonimi: 8:26am On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by onlymayz: 8:27am On Sep 18, 2015
Best in reading but not in creating job
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by free2ryhme: 8:28am On Sep 18, 2015
angry

Which way nigeria
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Leyemoshood: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2015
what!!!! unbelievable

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by DoTheNeedful: 8:29am On Sep 18, 2015
akatekpe:
hmmm...we r plenty oo. October 15, it wu be 10years after graduation with 2.1, I have been managing only teaching job with a peanut take home
What did you study?
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by abbaapple: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2015
shocked him nevr c anyting!!! E go bttr sha! Change has come!!! D erra of impunity by d clueless 1 is over!
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by morereb10: 8:32am On Sep 18, 2015
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by damton(m): 8:35am On Sep 18, 2015
That's the painful part of our educational system. Coming out with good grades is not tantamount to getting a job not to mention being physically challenged

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 18, 2015
goldenceo1:
He who laff last laff best. Weeping may endure in d night but joy cometh in d morning.

6years and counting, who knows what God has in store, may be He wants her to o into business, the real challenge in showin the world that your a graduate is to be creative, look for problems in the society and profer practical solutions to them , you will be rewarded thats a fact.

Nobody owes you a job, she has to try something and stop waiting for govt job, having hig grades is different from having practical skills and know how.

She needs a change of mindset , she should stop promoting her disability, its the reason why she hasnt gotten a job.

She should tell prospective employers about her strenght and abilities and stop asking for sympathy from people.

4 Likes

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by askakim(m): 8:37am On Sep 18, 2015
I have come to discovered that only few 2.1 Graduates are doing well in there career in nigeria.. Even us that didn't make upper have something better doing thanks to God Grace... It is well ijn(amen)
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by usmanktg2(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2015
Nairaland is fast becoming a forum where our young and vibrant students are being discouraged. We want encouragement. We want positive news. No one could discourage me.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Icon4s(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2015
Did I hear that she read Education and is deaf? Then let her look for teaching job in the school for deaf na. Na everybody go work for Oil Company, Bank, Telecoms etc?
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by medoyin(m): 8:40am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Before you start shouting, which course did u go for sef, Agric Many students who went to study Agric are biting their finger in regret so, she should rather go back and study a good cause.

You're Sir Were (madman) indeed
Yabaleft awaits you were..!

Oponu

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Intendy: 8:41am On Sep 18, 2015
Preator:

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/best-graduating-student-jobless/
though her impairment may be a problem but people should remember ecclesiastes 9:11
KJV
I returned, and saw under the sun,
that the race is not to the swift, nor
the battle to the strong, neither yet
bread to the wise, nor yet riches to
men of understanding, nor yet
favour to men of skill; but time and
chance happeneth to them all.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by yoged(m): 8:41am On Sep 18, 2015
Wowww. She is my neighbour in school then. She is so intelligent and brilliant despite her impairment. I guess she is married now with1 or 2 kids. Ruthie in Sis bisi's voice

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nuhusky: 8:42am On Sep 18, 2015
4.49 and 3.50 are both 2:1 in Nigeria a third class honor with connection is better than first class with no connection my friend is struggling with his certificate for the past 3yrs now no job........first class in school third class in street
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by ekea2001: 8:43am On Sep 18, 2015
Naaa.disability no excuse.She can induce help by kick starting something.6yrs ago's entrepreneurship edu was weak or non existent?
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by smilyice(m): 8:46am On Sep 18, 2015
jazinogold:
hmmm

how I wished academic success equates being successful in life!
WORD!
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Juliank: 8:47am On Sep 18, 2015
Nawaaa oh dat is Nigeria for you and me how are you sure dat d present government will do something is has been a routine in Nigeria only God can save us dear
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by salaboiz(m): 8:48am On Sep 18, 2015
Your time is coming
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by morereb10: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2015
WOOOOOOOW, this is really an eye opener

perfect example that best cert. is not and will never be a guarantee for success or good job.

Meanwhile if you want to own a phone of your choice and pay on installment, see my signature.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny C.v Written By A Lady Looking For A Job In A Big Company / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.