Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,465 members, 7,819,692 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years (43029 Views)

8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / 8 Things You Can Do To Get A Job Despite Graduating With A 2.2 / The Attitude Of Friends When You Are Jobless. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 8:51am On Sep 18, 2015
Our people and self-pity and sense of entitlement mindsets. If you claim to be intelligent yet you cannot transform your intelligence to job creation and problem solving that will benefit you in particular and the masses in general, then you are not better than a slowpoke - since a slowpoke can be nurtured to become normal if special attention and care is channeled toward bettering him/her.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Bigdreams(m): 8:53am On Sep 18, 2015
This lady is very confident of her abilities.

You can guage that from the way she talks of the things she can do and places she can work.

One thing I can deduce from her words is that she has a vision, she knows where she is headed and is very much ready to pay the price to get there.

To the current undergraduates and to everyone, if you don't have a VISION for your life, you are only existing, you are not living.

Check my signature.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by akatekpe(m): 8:54am On Sep 18, 2015
DoTheNeedful:

What did you study?
Physics oo
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by DoTheNeedful: 9:00am On Sep 18, 2015
akatekpe:
Physics oo
Is not a bad course. Hope you hv done your masters
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by wiseoneking: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2015
Babalawoo:
What a sad story, but she was definitely no best graduating student in the university as they want us to believe abi na which year 2.1 student be best graduating student. Maybe (most likely) she was the best grad student in her dept. The uni can't employ all best students even if they all have first class EXCEPT THERE'S VACANCY
talking of faculty of educ. 4.45
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Memunah(f): 9:10am On Sep 18, 2015
Aareonakakanfo:
EVERYTHING IN NIGERIA IS GOING TO KILL YOU

Please,Do you know where I can purchase this book in Lagos?
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by bigiyaro(m): 9:11am On Sep 18, 2015
i've always said dat paper qualification is highly over rated in naija, university education guarantees notin in dis age.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by funkybully(f): 9:14am On Sep 18, 2015
Yet they say yoloba is accomodating. See d opportunities she missed bc of her maiden name.

Mtcheew tribalists

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by mightyrocket(m): 9:17am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Any course which is actually practicable and realistic in Nigeria, sir.

So agric is not practicable in Nigeria.... SMH4U

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by abbeywasc(m): 9:20am On Sep 18, 2015
DoTheNeedful:

Is not a bad course. Hope you hv done your masters
Masters ke? I saw a guys CV last week and he has OND civil ENGR(distinction) BEng civil ENGR(First class) MSc production ENGR(distinction) stl searching for job. I hope he gets the one I saw his CV at.

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by mastech1(m): 9:22am On Sep 18, 2015
funkyglitz:
Hmmmmmm what a story!!! First and foremost we all may not be the best graduating students but still on a job hunt and lukin 4 a highly lucrative job I see no reason y her case is different from any oda graduate apart from her skul didn't retain her, mabi she wants a fed govt job cos she wz able to strive through the difficult hurdles in skul...
. With her disability many private company or school will not wish to employ her, main reason she wants govt. Job.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by kashkamp: 9:25am On Sep 18, 2015
Preator:

Yea, na now I see am.
I posted it because I do empathize with her. In the days of Prof. Oloyede, she would have been given a job as the man rewards excellence. However, the current management seems not to appreciate academic excellence again. They did advertised a recruitment exercise In 2013 and not a single of the first class graduates in my faculty was called for interview (don't even know if anyone was called at all) yet new staff were recruited. You then ask urself, why go through the stress of getting a good grade when its seems to be about who you know?
what is dis one saying,na oloyede dey dere 09,10,11
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by DoTheNeedful: 9:26am On Sep 18, 2015
abbeywasc:

Masters ke? I saw a guys CV last week and he has OND civil ENGR(distinction) BEng civil ENGR(First class) MSc production ENGR(distinction) stl searching for job. I hope he gets the one I saw his CV at.

I understand you. I had my own share too with good grades in BSc and MSc but in today's world you do everything to improve and prepare yourself for opportunities. It will surely come. It wont always be like that for your friend too
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Jozay(m): 9:27am On Sep 18, 2015
KUNZEH:

OGA,THere is noting behind university of ilorin...the likes of UI,OAU,UNILAG,ABU and UNN are first generation universities. These Universities were established between 1948 and 1965, following the recommendation of Ashby Commission set up by the British Colonial Government to study the needs for university education for Nigeria. These universities are fully funded by the Federal Government. They were established primarily to meet the manpower needs of Nigeria and set basic standards for university education in the country. These universities have continued to play their roles for manpower developments and provisions of standards, which have helped to guide the subsequent establishments of other generations
and states universities in Nigeria. BETTER BY FAR on the other hand is a second generation univesity, Between 1970 and 1985, 12 additional universities were established and located in various parts of the country. Compare unilorin with UDUSOK,UNIMAD,UNIJOS,UNICAR,BUK and the rest that were established the same year.
. I'm proudly a unilorite and I don't know the shii you talking about. Come to the school before displaying your various levels of ignorance.#getyourfactsright
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2015
ekea2001:
Naaa.disability no excuse.She can induce help by kick starting something.6yrs agos entreneurship edu was weak or non existent!

This is what happens when you feel society owes you a decent living. angry

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Kola90: 9:39am On Sep 18, 2015
SirWere:
Before you start shouting, which course did u go for sef, Agric Many students who went to study Agric are biting their finger in regret so, she should rather go back and study a good cause.

U say? Study a good what __? The one u studied??
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Neplusultra(f): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2015
And so?
Is she better dan others like her ? undecided
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Neplusultra(f): 9:47am On Sep 18, 2015
kaeforum:

6years and counting, who knows what God has in store, may be He wants her to o into business, the real challenge in showin the world that your a graduate is to be creative, look for problems in the society and profer practical solutions to them , you will be rewarded thats a fact.

Nobody owes you a job, she has to try something and stop waiting for govt job, having hig grades is different from having practical skills and know how.

She needs a change of mindset , she should stop promoting her disability, its the reason why she hasnt gotten a job.

She should tell prospective employers about her strenght and abilities and stop asking for sympathy from people.
You said it all!!!!
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Akynzodeighbour(m): 9:49am On Sep 18, 2015
Estorico:
My dear University of Ilorin might be one of the best in Nigeria in terms of standard, but there is just something behind that school. I have seen top Nigerians in Government and all other good companies came out from ABU, UNIBEN, UNILAG, OAU, U.I, even UNIPORT, UNN but how many top people in government or other good companies are from Unilorin? Its as if there is something behind that school. You read,they frustrate you and the frustration continues even after graduation except God intervenes.Apart from the current Kwara state governor that graduated from there,i don't know of anyone neither have i seen any in top places that came out from Unilorin. I am not surprised at that op's complaints cause that is just how it is. @ op,hope and trust in God alone,for He will surely make a way.
God bless you sir, very true, but my case wont be like that IJN! Amen
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 9:50am On Sep 18, 2015
donpisky:

Bro I disagree with you, destiny has nothing to do with what you studied in the university..we have people dat studied religion, agric, education and many among the host of other doing well than a person that studied engineering or medicine.

A guy from neighborhood studied Arabic in school. He is now making it big time in custom. He knows a minister sha
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Lero15(m): 9:53am On Sep 18, 2015
funkybully:
Yet they say yoloba is accomodating. See d opportunities she missed bc of her maiden name.

Mtcheew tribalists

Don't bring tribalism here jare.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 9:53am On Sep 18, 2015
Where's that man that created that thread that said Nigerians are dropping out of school to pursue their music carrier
Someone was the best students among thousands of students now he has no job
Can you tell me what happens to those that won MTN PROJECT FAME,
NIJA GOT TALENT
NIGERIA IDOL are the jobs less or the are making millions every year haba please do what makes you happy so that you will enjoy life
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 9:54am On Sep 18, 2015
Nuhusky:
4.49 and 3.50 are both 2:1 in Nigeria a third class honor with connection is better than first class with no connection my friend is struggling with his certificate for the past 3yrs now no job........first class in school third class in street

I am starting to think it is better to be street smart than book smart these days.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by DONFASZY(m): 9:56am On Sep 18, 2015
I fil bad readin dis

even best grad can get a job due to corruption. check some company....family business

mgr ssce
ass ond younger bro
operation in law

all jobs in Nigeria is connections n for d ladies...gud Bleep as interview. ...

may God help job seekers wit gud faith like dis op...amen
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by bamac(m): 9:59am On Sep 18, 2015
Willdidi:

So agricultural science is not a practicable course again? Thesame agriculture is what we were known for before the oil boom thesame agriculture is what everyone needs everyday for survival and thesame agriculture is what everyone is saying we should go back to since the fall of oil price in the international market. So I don't understand what you mean by practicable and realistic in nigeria, so did you study yourself that is if your even a graduate to start with.
Una too like to dey talk... What kind of sermon will you preach to a frustrated human being.... Please no one should try to free that person frm generational bondage.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by bamac(m): 10:03am On Sep 18, 2015
kaeforum:

6years and counting, who knows what God has in store, may be He wants her to o into business, the real challenge in showin the world that your a graduate is to be creative, look for problems in the society and profer practical solutions to them , you will be rewarded thats a fact.

Nobody owes you a job, she has to try something and stop waiting for govt job, having hig grades is different from having practical skills and know how.

She needs a change of mindset , she should stop promoting her disability, its the reason why she hasnt gotten a job.

She should tell prospective employers about her strenght and abilities and stop asking for sympathy from people.
you might v said the right thing, but, it is easier said than done. Remember that all of us cannot thread the same part, destiny differs

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 10:03am On Sep 18, 2015
Nigeria no send him people. In Nigeria, dreams will first die before the owner of the dream die.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Realist2: 10:05am On Sep 18, 2015
dedons:
Madam sorry ooo.

I'm also a 2:1 graduate.

I need a job.

We are all here, best graduating student, faculty of science, 2' yet jobless because of no connection.

1 Like

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Preator: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2015
kashkamp:
what is dis one saying,na oloyede dey dere 09,10,11
And dia was no official recruitment dn. What d policy dn was was to grant first class the choice of joining as GAs. I know there are unofficial recruitments dn, but there was an official one in 2013 where she shud have been considered.
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by flokii: 10:07am On Sep 18, 2015
This is really funny...
why Unilorin sef no employ her...
abi who wants to go through the stress of communicating with a deaf person..
do they even still teach sign languages in Nigeria?
Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by baruzeez(m): 10:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Of the greatest unilorites
The most articulate unilorites
Op said the best graduating student whereas it was in his/her dept. Unilorin retains all its scholars that are in first class. The op can't blame that on the school all he need to do is to strategize and re strategies, this can also happen to any student of any University irrespective of the prestige or its fame. @op being a scholar doesn't guarantee you sure job cmon stop blaming ur school instead figure your way out
There are millions of second class upper and lower students well placed in the society than first class

2 Likes

Re: Unilorin Best Graduating Student Jobless After 6years by Nobody: 10:08am On Sep 18, 2015
Preator:
http://sunnewsonline.com/new/best-graduating-student-jobless/

obviously, No one would want to employ someone with a hearing deficiency.

A good hearing aid can help her since she can hear a little.

I wish u luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Funny C.v Written By A Lady Looking For A Job In A Big Company / "N300k Job Or I Won't Work" - Slay Queen, Chinny Okekki (Photos) / Graduate Walks From Fed. Secretariat To National Assembly Looking For A Job(pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.