Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,285 members, 7,836,263 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. (8836 Views)

Nigerian Woman Delivers Sextuplets (3 Boys, 3 Girls) After 17 Years Of Marriage / Obituary Of Another Young Nigerian Woman Who Died After Childbirth / Nigerian Woman Delivers After 5 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by crackhaus: 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Timbuktou:

I no know o. I go need make do with my neighbourhood agrics be dat grin as you no gree dhl one of your flock for persin. angry
gringrin

You don see where crocodile dey teach fish how to swim before? cheesy
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Sep 21, 2015
crackhaus:
gringrin
You don see where crocodile dey teach fish how to swim before? cheesy
Touche. Case closed, I guess. grin
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by tishat(f): 10:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
If only we can stop getting married "settling down " which implies single people are restless or tensed up.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by 5minsmadness: 2:59am On Sep 22, 2015
lilmax:
cheesy mad single nigerian women

crackhaus:
mad single nigerian women
cheesy

grin
cheesy
grin
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by 5minsmadness: 3:06am On Sep 22, 2015
crackhaus:

You just don't let up, do you? grin

Okay how do you like your local chicken served?
Crispy and crunchy or soft and tender? cheesy
grin
Timbuktou:

Thanks for reconsidering, but I'd rather receive a live hen grin. I want to kill and cook it myself. wink
These two brothers eh grin
Na only two of una know wetin una dey talk ni o.
No let these babes use una take do human torch o, chai! grin
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by 5minsmadness: 3:15am On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

Oga, that is a pseudo-hen, and it's even poisoned sef. You want make I chop wetin go make me purge? angry I have lifted the feathers and checked the yansh and it has been found wanting. grin. Biko, I'll pass on that thing. wink

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Truckpusher(m): 4:28am On Sep 22, 2015
cool

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Truckpusher(m): 4:46am On Sep 22, 2015
Who gives a fucck about a few bunch of closet feminist online when your kinds in their thousands are littering the cities all over the country and around the world digging for the greenback.

Ya'll probably overestimate whatever you've got left underneath your skirts that has no dignity. grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Truckpusher(m): 4:49am On Sep 22, 2015
lilmax:
and the singles be like “mehn i have role models east,south,west and north grincheesygrin......ayam a feminist i dont need a man to be happy cheesy......not knowing that the lardasses got married @21,22,23,24,25
They will definitely learn the hard way. grin

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by lilmax(m): 6:48am On Sep 22, 2015
crackhaus:

If that's the case baba, no need to look too far for a very local corn-pecking hen... One is on this thread right now and has been talking to herself non-stop begging to be killed and cooked. cheesy

gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by lilmax(m): 7:04am On Sep 22, 2015
Truckpusher:
They will definitely learn the hard way. grin

cheesy
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 7:38am On Sep 22, 2015
EfemenaXY:
LMAO!!! grin grin

Howdy babes? Saw how you crushed Mr Handsomeytayo or whatever his name is/was. Pity he had the thread closed just when the fun was beginning...

grin grin

Jobless boy hiding beyond his keyboard to make noise. I guess the MODs saw what was coming and closed it.

We dey fine oo. How are you and your family?
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Forwetinnah: 8:45am On Sep 22, 2015
...i laugh especially at the ones who think 'marriage can make them happy/fulfilled ' . The ones who are already there are falling out or wishing to. Think well; choose well...the minute men sense desperation on the part of a single girl, then she's cheese balls...something to toy with. Sisters pray for a good/well paid job and take proper care of yourselves and see them coming in droves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by edwife(f): 10:55am On Sep 22, 2015
EfemenaXY:

Those quotes of yours are absolutely depressing. Didn't you feel forlorn just reading a couple of their maniac depressive comments? undecided

Well i was as a matter of fact but those posts made me see what really go on in some of our sisters's lives.It is not all that rosy as people portray it to be,especially on NL.

This is nothing,when you go to the site-you will read stories that you can never read here.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Stillfire: 11:36am On Sep 22, 2015
Look at how patriarchy has lost its grip. Cowardly stunts everywhere. grin i thought you lot were brave now, you could have called out names now, that is if dem born you, your mama, your papa well rather than hide under snide remarks and pseudonyms. cheesy grin Just try it grin. See as we have reduced men to more female traits of passive aggression. Rotflmao. And they think feminism has not won? grin

I dare all of you, just address the people you are talking to. Just do it. Instead of doing the chicken thing of being a coward. tongue

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Stillfire: 11:48am On Sep 22, 2015
edwife:

Well i was as a matter of fact but those posts made me see what really go on in some of our sisters's lives.It is not all that rosy as people portray it to be,especially on NL.

This is nothing,when you go to the site-you will read stories that you can never read here.

Who are the people portraying life as rosy on NL?
Most people are usually protective of their lives here. Most women here are married, I believe.
I can count the single girls on my finger tips including my honorable self. cool
Which of these single girls are feigning rosy lives? grin

9 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by edwife(f): 1:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
Stillfire:

Who are the people portraying life as rosy on NL?
Most people are usually protective of their lives here. Most women here are married, I believe.
I can count the single girls on my finger tips including my honorable self. cool
Which of these single girls are feigning rosy lives? grin

As far as i know,NL has thousand of members and if your fingers are that much,then i don't know.Besides everybody is protective of their lives,who isn't it? That's why i talk generally and not based on 8 or 10 ladies i know here.

If you are not among this shouldn't bother you. smiley

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Stillfire: 1:31pm On Sep 22, 2015
edwife:

As far as i know,NL has thousand of members and if your fingers are that much,then i don't know.Besides everybody is protective of their lives,who isn't it? That's why i talk generally and not based on 8 or 10 ladies i know here.

If you are not among this shouldn't bother you. smiley

Yes I can count the number of single posters that are consistent in their postings on the family section on my fingers. So who among these females are we addressing? On your 'bother' logic, if you do not feign to live a rosy life, why is it bothering you too that others live a not so rosy life as they presume? Are you among the people faking something as well? Since the premise here is that since I am addressing your comments, I must be bothered and obviously live a fake life. smiley Does not make sense.
I just find it weird that on a thread that depicts a single lady being happy with herself, there is a diatribe of sordid tales depicting single women as feigning their decisions. If a married woman posts being happy with her married self, should we start talking about women who are suffering in their marriages and decry the institution of marriage? Does it make sense? smiley

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
grin.

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by edwife(f): 1:53pm On Sep 22, 2015
Stillfire:

Yes I can count the number of single posters that are consistent in their postings on the family section on my fingers. So who among these females are we addressing? On your 'bother' logic, if you do not feign to live a rosy life, why is it bothering you too that others live a not so rosy life as they presume? Are you among the people faking something as well? Since the premise here is that since I am addressing your comments, I must be bothered and obviously live a fake life. smiley Does not make sense.
I just find it weird that on a thread that depicts a single lady being happy with herself, there is a diatribe of sordid tales depicting single women as feigning their decisions. If a married woman posts being happy with her married self, should we start talking about women who are suffering in their marriages and decry the institution of marriage? Does it make sense? smiley

I really don't see what seems to be your problem? Who is talking about family section?Is NL comprised only of family section females? undecided

When you talk about chauvinists who are you addressing?Do you call names?

I have stated my opinion and you should state yours and not bother about what i am writing here because i don't bother about what other posters write.I came back here to answer my friend.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by crackhaus: 1:57pm On Sep 22, 2015
edwife:

If you are not among, this shouldn't bother you. smiley

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by lilmax(m): 2:02pm On Sep 22, 2015
Diary of a DISTURBED single woman cheesy grin

5 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by edwife(f): 2:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
Onegai:

Ladies are more vocal so they will share their feelings faster than men. Infact I never believed guys felt lonely till I grew up and met so many guys and marriage counselors who said the same thing: everyone gets lonely. I spent my 20s not wanting to get married and if I did, certainly not to a Naija guy cheesy then I moved back to Nigeria and my gawd, the pressure! I stopped attending weddings and meeting marrieds and all those aunties because I was lonely but worse people kept "praying" for me. As if I had a sickness. The sheer pressure of it (when people even use your singlehood as an insult sef in an argument). One cousin told me belligerently "Marriage is the crown on a woman's head". It may be but it's either a crown of gold or a crown of thorns. I ended up getting married in my 30s. If they take those women out of our society, they will still desire marriage but for better reasons, not because they want to choke under the pressure.

According to NL males, they are doing women a favour and NL females, they are entering bondage. grin

On NL, there's a lot of fake screaming from both sexes when in reality they would kill to not have to be jumping around on a friday night but be comfy beside someone who cares for them. I know people who chose to be single (after careful thinking) and they're fine. Just don't keep pushing it at them.

I can't believe i missed this,i wouldn't bother coming back.
Thanks dear,sensible as usual.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 22, 2015
MarvellousGod:

Marriage is a good thing which everyone should naturally desire but it shouldn't be imposed. ..

Op, I like what you said "marriage is part of life and not life itself".. so true. ..

Then, the society generally needs to change its outlook on marriage, stop making single adults feel like failures. . There's more to life....

For avoidance of doubt, I agree with the generality of your post, I would only like to present a different opinion to this parts of your comment.

I disagree that marriage should not be imposed. I'm of the opinion that it should. Here's why: marriage is very, very vital to the continuation of our species. Again, I say, very, very vital. Married men are, on average, far more productive than bachelors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/04/02/dont-be-a-bachelor-why-married-men-work-harder-and-smarter-and-make-more-money/

This accounts for hardworkers, and adventurers and inventors to mention a few. But most bachelors are very productive, you might say. Yes, that's true, however, you should know that this is because these men have a family in view. Left to themselves, most men, and I mean a large percentage, are content with just vegetating with the least amount of effort required to just be alive.

So, when you say marriage is only a part of life and is not a priority, I have to ask if you understand the importance of a strong family to the society. Any dysfunctional family is a scourge on society, and singles are leeches. Fact. It should be the priority of every human to marry and marry well.

We haven't even talked about old maidens and their drop in market value due to deteriorating beauty and health, drop in the possibility of birthing healthy offspring. There is proof on this thread of women who said they don't need men, seeing that in fact, they do need men; whether Nigerian men or not is totally irrelevant. The fact is they do need men and they found this out after years of foolish stiff-neckedness and petulance. They realised that what their mothers and aunties had told them when they were much younger did carry a lot of merit. That's the job of the older generation; to teach and compel even where necessary. And the truth is any man or woman who refuses to marry is a failure, plain and simple.

Sorry for the epistle. smiley

1 Like

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Stillfire: 2:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
edwife:

I really don't see what seems to be your problem? Who is talking about family section?Is NL comprised only of family section females? undecided

When you talk about chauvinists who are you addressing?Do you call names?

I have stated my opinion and you should state yours and not bother about what i am writing here because i don't bother about what other posters write.I came back here to answer my friend.

When I talk about chauvinists, I'm talking about NL family male posters that develop pile when feminism is mentioned and still cannot recover from the fact that there are females with differing opinions to status quo. grin
I have stated my opinion, but I can state it again if you did not get it.
1) There was no need for the sordid tales.
2) If a married woman posts about her married happy self, it does not make sense to start recanting how many married women are suffering and feigning their lives on NL.
3) One does not have to be victim of a societal misnomer for me to partake in stopping an injustice. For example, I do not need to be a victim of domestic violence to speak against domestic violence. In this case, I do not have to be a part of 'fakers', for me to be concerned about when one throws accusations on the 'general' people for faking their lives.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by crackhaus: 2:20pm On Sep 22, 2015
undecidedundecided
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Stillfire: 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

For avoidance of doubt, I agree with the generality of your post, I would only like to present a different opinion to this parts of your comment.

I disagree that marriage should not be imposed. I'm of the opinion that it should. Here's why: marriage is very, very vital to the continuation of our species. Again, I say, very, very vital. Married men are, on average, far more productive than bachelors.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/inspired-life/wp/2015/04/02/dont-be-a-bachelor-why-married-men-work-harder-and-smarter-and-make-more-money/

This accounts for hardworkers, and adventurers and inventors to mention a few. But most bachelors are very productive, you might say. Yes, that's true, however, you should know that this is because these men have a family in view. Left to themselves, most men, and I mean a large percentage, are content with just vegetating with the least amount of effort required to just be alive.

So, when you say marriage is only a part of life and is not a priority, I have to ask if you understand the importance of a strong family to the society. Any dysfunctional family is a scourge on society, and singles are leeches. Fact. It should be the priority of every human to marry and marry well.

We haven't even talked about old maidens and their drop in market value due to deteriorating beauty and health, drop in the possibility of birthing healthy offspring. There is proof on this thread of women who said they don't need men, seeing that in fact, they do need men; whether Nigerian men or not is totally irrelevant. The fact is they do need men and they found this out after years of foolish stiff-neckedness and petulance. They realised that what their mothers and aunties had told them when they were much younger did carry a lot of merit. That's the job of the older generation; to teach and compel even where necessary. And the truth is any man or woman who refuses to marry is a failure, plain and simple.

I find it queer that we tend to still believe this. grin
There is a social warfare going on and if I were a man I would be very concerned about the relevance of the male gender in today's society and forget about if a human being chooses to marry early or late. grin
Who really needs who in the grand scheme of things?

MAMMALS are named after their defining characteristic, the glands capable of sustaining a life for years after birth — glands that are functional only in the female. And yet while the term “mammal” is based on an objective analysis of shared traits, the genus name for human beings, Homo, reflects an 18th-century masculine bias in science.

That bias, however, is becoming harder to sustain, as men become less relevant to both reproduction and parenting. Women aren’t just becoming men’s equals. It’s increasingly clear that “mankind” itself is a gross misnomer: an uninterrupted, intimate and essential maternal connection defines our species.

The central behaviors of mammals revolve around how we bear and raise our young, and humans are the parenting champions of the class. In the United States, for nearly 20 percent of our life span we are considered the legal responsibility of our parents.

With expanding reproductive choices, we can expect to see more women choose to reproduce without men entirely. Fortunately, the data for children raised by only females is encouraging. As the Princeton sociologist Sara S. McLanahan has shown, poverty is what hurts children, not the number or gender of parents.

That’s good, since women are both necessary and sufficient for reproduction, and men are neither. From the production of the first cell (egg) to the development of the fetus and the birth and breast-feeding of the child, fathers can be absent. They can be at work, at home, in prison or at war, living or dead.

Think about your own history. Your life as an egg actually started in your mother’s developing ovary, before she was born; you were wrapped in your mother’s fetal body as it developed within your grandmother.

After the two of you left Grandma’s womb, you enjoyed the protection of your mother’s prepubescent ovary. Then, sometime between 12 and 50 years after the two of you left your grandmother, you burst forth and were sucked by her fimbriae into the fallopian tube. You glided along the oviduct, surviving happily on the stored nutrients and genetic messages that Mom packed for you.

Then, at some point, your father spent a few minutes close by, but then left. A little while later, you encountered some very odd tiny cells that he had shed. They did not merge with you, or give you any cell membranes or nutrients — just an infinitesimally small packet of DNA, less than one-millionth of your mass.

Over the next nine months, you stole minerals from your mother’s bones and oxygen from her blood, and you received all your nutrition, energy and immune protection from her. By the time you were born your mother had contributed six to eight pounds of your weight. Then as a parting gift, she swathed you in billions of bacteria from her birth canal and groin that continue to protect your skin, digestive system and general health. In contrast, your father’s 3.3 picograms of DNA comes out to less than one pound of male contribution since the beginning of Homo sapiens 107 billion babies ago.

And while birth seems like a separation, for us mammals it’s just a new form of attachment to our female parent. If your mother breast-fed you, as our species has done for nearly our entire existence, then you suckled from her all your water, protein, sugar, fats and even immune protection. She sampled your diseases by holding you close and kissing you, just as your father might have done; but unlike your father, she responded to your infections by making antibodies that she passed to you in breast milk.

I don’t dismiss the years I put in as a doting father, or my year at home as a house husband with two young kids. And I credit my own father as the more influential parent in my life. Fathers are of great benefit. But that is a far cry from “necessary and sufficient” for reproduction.

If a woman wants to have a baby without a man, she just needs to secure sperm (fresh or frozen) from a donor (living or dead). The only technology the self-impregnating woman needs is a straw or turkey baster, and the basic technique hasn’t changed much since Talmudic scholars debated the religious implications of insemination without sex in the fifth century. If all the men on earth died tonight, the species could continue on frozen sperm. If the women disappear, it’s extinction.

Ultimately the question is, does “mankind” really need men? With human cloning technology just around the corner and enough frozen sperm in the world to already populate many generations, perhaps we should perform a cost-benefit analysis.

It’s true that men have traditionally been the breadwinners. But women have been a majority of college graduates since the 1980s, and their numbers are growing. It’s also true that men have, on average, a bit more muscle mass than women. But in the age of ubiquitous weapons, the one with the better firepower (and knowledge of the law) triumphs.

Meanwhile women live longer, are healthier and are far less likely to commit a violent offense. If men were cars, who would buy the model that doesn’t last as long, is given to lethal incidents and ends up impounded more often?

Recently, the geneticist J. Craig Venter showed that the entire genetic material of an organism can be synthesized by a machine and then put into what he called an “artificial cell.” This was actually a bit of press-release hyperbole: Mr. Venter started with a fully functional cell, then swapped out its DNA. In doing so, he unwittingly demonstrated that the female component of sexual reproduction, the egg cell, cannot be manufactured, but the male can.

When I explained this to a female colleague and asked her if she thought that there was yet anything irreplaceable about men, she answered, “They’re entertaining.”

Gentlemen, let’s hope that’s enough.

Greg Hampikian is a professor of biology and criminal justice at Boise State University and the director of the Idaho Innocence Project.

Not sorry for the long epistle grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 2:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
Stillfire, I don't mind the epistle. Not that I read it all, anyway; but I get the gist. And my response is, were all men to disappear from the earth leaving you women behind, that would signal the end of the human species. You would die off slowly because you women could not cope with the demands of sustaining the species that nature has assigned to men; adventure, invention, innovation, etc. You would eat yourselves up in no time

The only other way to correct for the absence of men would be to evolve another sex that would be high in testoterone and have the general male mannerisms and nature.

Of course, I'm assuming all male foetuses will be done away with!!! grin
Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by innervoice(m): 2:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

You are aware of the fact that the article you provided shows that men need marriage more than women, aren't you? grin

Like I said, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by innervoice(m): 2:51pm On Sep 22, 2015
Stillfire,

children develop better when they have a mother AND a father.

4 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 3:03pm On Sep 22, 2015
innervoice:

You are aware of the fact that the article you provided shows that men need marriage more than women, aren't you? grin

Like I said, you need to work on your reading comprehension skills. grin

Your idiocy is incurable. What was the thrust of my argument? Did the article cover it or not? Whether a man needs a woman more or not isn't my argument now, is it? No wonder you're enthralled by a lab janitor. You have no critical thinking ability

2 Likes

Re: Diary Of A Mad Single Nigerian Woman. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
Timbuktou:

Yeah, marriage is very vital but imposing it on people would be detrimental. . Naturally, everyone should desire marriage but for some reason esp not finding the right one, many people remain single for life...
I know many women who didn't get married, would you now force a man down their throat?
Can you force someone to settle down if he/she doesn't find the right one?

I never said marriage isn't a priority, I said it's part of life and not life itself because I know having a happy family has always been one of my priorities. There are also other things to life, career et al.

For me, I actually think women need men as much as men need women. . A high percentage(if not all) of people who say they don't need the opposite sex is as a result of bad experience(s) they witnessed/had in the past with the opposite sex or maybe they haven't met the right person just yet...
Everyone needs care, needs that one person that listens and attends to your needs, that one person that strives to make you happy always. ...

Women are always quick to defend on how they don't need a man because of the way men esp in Africa make it seem like marriage is some sort of favour for the women. Also, the master-slave marriages we have in Africa. ..
Not like the women don't desire marriage/raising a family, some factors discourage them..

I also hate the way people ridicule single ladies. .I really do hate it.. is it her fault she hasn't found a worthy person yet? Then, Without marriage someone is worthless and unhappy? ? undecided Then people hardly talk about the single men?

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Met Used Condom On My 8 Months Wife Hotel Room / I Ran Out Of Credit On My Prepaid Meter, Please What Do I Do? / Separated After 3 Months, Divorced 2 Years Later!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.