Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest (66977 Views)

Breaking News: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest - September 2015 / BREAKING NEWS: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest / Appeal Court Stops Saraki’s Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by Chaleeee: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
#GoodBreakingNews...
The CCB has just issued warrant of arrest for the Senate President, Bukola Saraki

Details later

The Code of Conduct Tribunal on Friday issued a bench warrant against the Senate President, Bukola Saraki.

The tribunal ordered the Inspector General of Police and other security agencies to arrest and produce him in court.

Details later…
http://thenationonlineng.net/court-issues-bench-warrant-against-saraki/

Full Story:

ABUJA – The Code of Conduct Tribunal, CCT, sitting in Abuja has ordered the Inspector General of Police, IGP, Mr. Solomon Arase and other relevant security agencies in ‎the country to arrest the Senate President, Dr. Bukola Saraki.

In a ruling this afternoon, the tribunal headed by Justice Danladi Umar issued a bench warrant against Saraki following his refusal to appear in court to face a 13-count criminal charge that was preferred against him by the Federal Ministry of Justice.

FG had through a deputy director in the office of the Attorney General of the Federation, Mr. M.S. Hassan, asked the tribunal to order Saraki’s arrest.

‎Saraki who was billed for arraignment this morning, sent his team of lawyers to serve the tribunal with a copy of the ruling of Justice Ahmed Mohammed of the Abuja Division of the Federal High Court, yesterday, which summoned the Ministry of Justice to appear on Monday to show cause why the trial should be allowed to proceed.

Equally summoned by the court were the Chairman of the tribunal, Justice Danladi Umar and that of the Code of Conduct Bureau, CCB, Mr. Sam Saba, as well as Mr. Hassan who signed the charge against Saraki.

Meanwhile, irked by Saraki’s absence at the tribunal for the commencement of his prosecution over alleged false declaration of assets, the Ministry of Justice prayed the Justice Umar-led panel to order for his arrest, saying “he cannot sit in the comfort of his chamber and object to his trial in absentia”.

The prosecution further maintained that Justice Mohammed lacked the powers to summon ‎the CCT and CCB chairmen, even as it accused Saraki of engaging in “forum shopping” in a desperate bid to scuttle his trial.

Meanwhile, Saraki has through his lawyer, begged the tribunal to consider his position as the Senate President and stay the execution of the arrest warrant, saying he would be available for trial on Monday.

His plea was refused by Justice Umar who maintained that the accused person, having sworn to protect the constitution, ought to have shown respect to the tribunal by appearing before it today.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2015/09/breaking-news-court-orders-sarakis-arrest/

Nothing will happen. When Tinubu was tried by th7s same tribunal in 2011 what happened? The present vice president was one of his lawyers

3 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by hinwazaka: 4:42pm On Sep 18, 2015
shaqhead:

Hahhahaha...Pa Chukwudi u don die today!

Oh its now next year? Hahahhaha.....gerraarout here jooor
Before posting your comment, you might want to check the conversation between me and Midolian.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by lebete3000: 4:45pm On Sep 18, 2015
itiswello352:
Nobody is above the law!

I can't believe people are still as daft as this?

Don't you know APC never wanted Saraki as Senate President and have been doing everything to bring him down? This is a case of witch-hunting not the above the law nonsense you're talking about. With all d corrupt people in APC na only Saraki dem see do scapegoat and you're here jumping for joy...no wonder Naija is still d way it is when peeps like you have refused to use their brain.

What of Amaechi dat has refused to appear b4 tribunal? Naija use una brain for once cos na we no be government go make Naija better.

6 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by olatade(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
No doubt, GOOD GOVERNANCE IS BETTER THAN THE BIG CERTIFICATE. Thank God for blessing us with this responsible president. Thank you too my responsible president. May almighty God continue to guide and guard you in all your steps. By the special grace of God, you will live to see the end of all your enemies.

7 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by SweetSoup(m): 4:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
kaboninc:

This news dey totoriii meeee cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Because it will be the first time in the history of Nigeria that such a disgrace will occur at the highest echelon of power and it is in the administration of the APC - the first time they tasted power. cheesy cheesy

Now the APC has disgraced Nigeria, fielding thieves, liars, crooks and criminals as leaders in the 21st century!

What a useless set of daft thieves!
You be mumu, instead of appreciating APC for prosecuting its own party member for fraud (whether selective or not but something PDP will never do), you are here wailing.

8 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by wiseoneking: 4:48pm On Sep 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
Where is that Chukwudi44-the official abobaku of the Useless Corrupt Senate President?

Honestly, you need to be tied and dragged along your Master! Ode!

Saraki's case is It's like an Armed robber approaching a court for injunction restraining the police from disturbing him during his operation or should not be able to arrest him after his evil act!
Go and sit down. All this guys are thesame corrupt men, from pmb to the least.

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by omooba969(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:
I see saraki scaling thru this.

U must also see the ppl who are bent on punishing him for his sins...I mean the powers that be! grin

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by miraz(m): 4:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked shocked I DEY LAUF OOO[color=#990000][/color]HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by datribune: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
Why couldn't he hav gone to d tribunal like others b4 him did?. Saraki an EFCC suspect has now allegedly run foul of d code of conduct 4 public officials. Saraki thinks We ar still in d era of using kangaroo injunctions to stall criminal trials. d CCT is a special tribunal whose powers can not be curtailed by a high court. dis ruling by d CCT is good news 4 fellow nigerians like my uncle whose funds he used to purchase properties worldwide while d bank depositors groaned in pain. d law must take its course.

6 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by wiseoneking: 4:51pm On Sep 18, 2015
bettercreature:
Now that APC started the corruption war from its own bedroom
I hope you People are satisfied
We need more dare devil judges like this one
Saraki is not an apc member but npdp. Apc is not a party yet but a conglomate of parties with diverse ideology.

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by wiseoneking: 4:53pm On Sep 18, 2015
giantstrides:
Interesting, if found guilty, the tribunal has the power to strip him of his elected office.

Quote me anywhere.
and ekweramadu will emerge in his position.

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by adehabproperties(m): 4:54pm On Sep 18, 2015
There is nothing like witchunting in law and no
time limit for prosecution of an offence commited.He who laugh last laugh best,it's jagaban time to laugh

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by wiseoneking: 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
It is good that APC is starting the cleansing /the fight against corruption from its house, so that when Ike Ekweremmadu, Anyim and etal start having their turn in Courts nobody will cry "selective" Justice!

May God Bless Nigeria!!!

ekweremadu will be warming up to replace Saraki.

2 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by giantstrides(m): 4:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
wiseoneking:
and ekweramadu will emerge in his position.

No, ekweremadu will remain DSP, another election will be held. There is precedence in this type of case, check adolphus wabara issue on google.

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
HANDKERCHIEFS FOR SALE! SUPERB QUALITY UCW (UNION OF CHIEF WAILERS) BRANDED HANKYS FOR SALE! PRICE IS JUST $5000 PER HANKY. ALL COLOURS AVAILABLE.

WAILING PAYS WELL SO PAY WELL TO WAIL WELL. QUALITY HANKY GUARANTEES QUALITY WAILING.! GET YOURS NOW WHILE STOCKS LAST. SELLING LIKE HOT AKARA!

4 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by clevadani: 4:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
When i talk say saraki dey fight lost battle,den think say i dey lie.
He will soon find out that going against d will of his party by making himself d senate president when he knows he has so much skeleton in his cupboard, will be his greatest mistake. And this mistake, might put a final nail to d coffin of his political career. Neither pdp nor apc will trust him. He is working hard to be d next Atiku of Nigeria politically
Stealing is now definitely corruption.

3 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 4:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
omooba969:

U must also see the ppl who are bent on punishing him for his sins...I mean the powers that be! grin

I see him riding on dem just watch out.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by hinwazaka: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
shaqhead:

Hahhahaha...Pa Chukwudi u don die today!

Oh its now next year? Hahahhaha.....gerraarout here jooor
You might want to check the conversation between me and Midolian before gloating
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by ojuu4u(m): 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
[quote author=lebete3000 post=38139973]

Don't you know APC never wanted Saraki as Senate President and have been doing everything to bring him down? This is a case of witch-hunting not the above the law nonsense you're talking about. With all d corrupt people in APC na only Saraki dem see do scapegoat and you're here jumping for joy...no wonder Naija is still d way it is when peeps like you have refused to use their brain.

What of Amaechi dat has refused to appear b4 tribunal? Naija use una brain for once cos na we no be government go make Naija better.

u ar d one dats refuse to use ur brain. As he said "nobody is above d law. Saraki wants to be above constituted authority(he became sp as a result of unholy alliance yet he cudnt conceive principal officers for the party, he too AROGANT(if his feathers nt quickly clipped he will replicate wht he did to jona) hence is being made a scape goat, by nxt 2 wks atleast, he would be refering as ex SP

4 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by adanny01(m): 4:59pm On Sep 18, 2015
giantstrides:
Interesting, if found guilty, the tribunal has the power to strip him of his elected office.

Quote me anywhere.

This is where it gets very very interesting. It seems Saraki and his lawyers have no access to the constitution.

By the time this tribunal is through with him, his political career would have been long gone and his presidential ambition flushed down the toilet.

What goes around comes around.

5 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by sirvic01(m): 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2015
nicerichard05:

whic war if i must ask? my lil frnd you are just been gullible, saraki is been witch hunt cos of the sanate president position. if really they wanna fight a war against corruption within the apc den dey should have started with amachi, tinubu, fashiola and co whose cases are still fresh not wat saraki did 12yrs ago.... honestly buhari is not sincere and him and his govt should bury deir head in shame for reawaken a 12yr old dead case wen we have fresh cases of fashiola and the 78m website, amachi and the agriculture loan in rivehttp://www.nairaland.com/2608621/cct-court-orders-sarakis-arrestr sitate..... saraki will definitely win this battle..

On what ground should amechi and fashola be prosecuted, Tinubu faced this same tribunal, some of these accusations about fashola and amechi lack merits, regardless of Apc against him being the Senate President, don't you think if Saraki is clean he would have faced the Tribunal. If I was him I will face them, the case might be adjourned and that will give me the room to do some underground work. Think about that.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by domejike(m): 5:02pm On Sep 18, 2015
bettercreature:
Now that APC started the corruption war from its own bedroom
I hope you People are satisfied
We need more dare devil judges like this one
fighting corruption indeed.... OBJ style of fighting corruption; attack the insubordinate members with all the available mechanisms. We know them corrupt.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by Firefire(m): 5:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
tomakint:

Do you know this Saraki's debacle was extensively revealed to me by an APC Chieftain when I was on official assignment to Makurdi grin next will be Toyin Saraki, Dino Melaye, Jimoh Ibrahim (a wasteful bastard who couldn't manage National Asset offered him almost free), then the criminals you listed above. I love watching these type of movies grin

Barawo banza

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by Forwetinnah: 5:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
SweetSoup:
You be mumu, instead of appreciating APC for prosecuting its own party member for fraud (whether selective or not but something PDP will never do), you are here wailing.

..appreciating* which bloody APC? You call 'Tinubu getting his pound of flesh' an APC way of "prosecuting it's own member for fraud"? The next should be Booooohari himself, since he declared that hoax of an infantile joke as his Asset

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by sinizia: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
nationwide1:

What corruption war has APC started? How can you be so easily brainwashed?

Had Saraki not offended the powers that be in APC by ascending the throne of the senate presidency, do you think Saraki would have had a case to answer today? Until he was elected senate president in June 2015, he was saint in the eyes of Buhari, Tinubu and co.

APC can only satisfy sane Nigerians when they bring to book all the Sarakis in the senate and house of representatives. We know them and can mention some.

I'm surprised you couldn't even notice that CCB has become a an armouy in the hands of the APC led federal government. What is the difference between Obasanjo's EFCC and Buhari's CCB, EFCC? None. So no change bro.

Until all the Sarakis are brought to book, Bukola Saraki case remains a clear case of witch-hunting.

God bless you for this. These APC vermins thinks everyone is gullible enough not to see their witch-hunting which they call "fighting corruption". Buncha liars who are fighting against Saraki simply because he went against them to win the SP. They'd go after Amaechi, Tinubu and co before we take them serious.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by omooba969(m): 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
lebete3000:

Saraki dis Amaechi dat, u r only preaching wot is a common knowledge. Itz still praiseworthy dat saraki is being dealt wit cos he's culpable.

Dnt 4get, he is an APC member! cool

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by kaboninc(m): 5:10pm On Sep 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:

It shows you are a kid, who just started listening to news! So the following past Senate Presidents: Senator Adolphus Wabara (50million Bribe) that led to him being charged to court, Senator Chuba Okadigbo Rams for bribe that led to his impeachment and Evan(s) Enwerem of blessed of the blessed memory who was accused of age falsification, that led to his impeachment were all members of APC?

Ode!!

Look at this werey buruku? You must be verrry stu.pid to mingle with humans.

All the names you referenced were well established Senate Presidents and the allegations against them were useless (just as you are currently useless).

Senator Adolphus Wabara was accused of bribery:

The ICPC had brought Wabara and other accused persons on trial on the allegation that they obtained N50m to facililate easy passage of the budget of the Federal Ministry of Education in 2005.

Here is what the court said about such stupidd act of bravery from your navigator, Captain Obasanjo:

The appellate court held that the criminal charges were frivolous, baseless and lacking in merit and as such cannot be sustained by any prosecution.

The court also said this about him:
The Court of Appeal sitting in Abuja yesterday reprimanded former President Olusegun Obasanjo for subjecting former Senate President, Chief Adolphous Wabara, former Minister of Education, Prof. Fabian Osuji, and Senator Ibrahim Abdulazeez to a pre-court trial in his radio and television nationwide broadcast in 2005 in which the accused persons were pronounced guilty.

Source: https://www.nairaland.com/456877/appeal-court-reprimands-obasanjo

On Chuba Okadigbo,

Rumminate on this:

However, in2000, he was falsely charged of corruption and impeached, officially demoting him from Senate President to a senator.

Source: http://senatepresident.gov.ng/past-senate-presidents/chuba-okadigbo/

All these men have no known history of theft, allegations of corruptions dangling over their head, they have no known history of destroying hard earned money (as with Societe Generale Bank) and there were never issues of falsifying asset declaration.

But your fagggoott party, the APC is known to harbour thieves, criminals, mad men and women, scavengers, touts and thugs and agberoes, devil, and they open their doors to every maggot seeking protective custody. That was why when Saraki decamped to APC with his band of renegage vagabonds, you shut your worm infested mouth and never complained because like them, with an evil dubious intention in your heavily compromised and slanted conscience, you wanted to unseat the incumbent.

That is why you are not ashamed that such a disgrace (a whole Senate President deliberately falsifying his asset declaration, intentionally refusing to honour an invitation to appear before a competent tribunal for which he makes law which they follow - now the NO 1 Chief Law Breaker) is happening today. That is why in your f.cked up eyes and brain, you have no shame that your President (who by the way has sent a beacon to Heaven requesting for angels and saints in consideration of a ministerial position) all this while through the campaign raised no problem nor objection nor reservation - even with his touted 'body language' and still went ahead to pray with him. I wonder which God will honour such a prayer.

You must be MAD!

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by omooba969(m): 5:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
sinizia:

God bless you for this. These APC vermins thinks everyone is gullible enough not to see their witch-hunting which they call "fighting corruption". Buncha liars who are fighting against Saraki simply because he went against them to win the SP. They'd go after Amaechi, Tinubu and co before we take them serious.

@bolded,

Did u mean to type dat? undecided

If ur argument seeks abode on dat premise, the question is 'How did he win it? cool
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by landinfo: 5:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
tolexy007:

they should treat him like a betrayal, a back stabber not because he is corrupt.... what a shame, so he is being prosecuted because he betray his party not because he is corrupt, no wonder efcc turn deaf ear to Fashola and Amechi case

This is good....I love the point u gave but 9Ja no go see this comment
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by dav73(m): 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
Well well well I am watching it in HD to see what happens! I wish he is arrested!!
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by sinizia: 5:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
omooba969:

@bolded,

Did u mean to type dat? undecided

If ur argument seeks abode on dat premise, the question is 'How did he win it? cool

Click on Google to read the papers on how he won it. I can't be arsed to start quoting papers for you when you actually know how he won it. cool
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by ibisko04: 5:17pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
Initia gragra nothing will happen
You think it was yesterday Nigeria. Another regime with seriousness is here. CHANGE IS HERE. Saraki should just obey the law.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Amaechi Opens Up On Audio Recording Credited To Him - Sun / Passing-Out Parade Of Oyo Amotekun Corps; As Makinde Wears Amotekun Outfit / Saraki Dances Shaku Shaku, Removes Cap, Shows Street Credibility In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.