Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,502 members, 7,826,883 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:20 PM

CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest (66959 Views)

Breaking News: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest - September 2015 / BREAKING NEWS: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest / Appeal Court Stops Saraki’s Arrest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by sinizia: 7:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
Ovamboland:

So the prosecutions PDP-led government failed to carry out in 5 years, you expect the APC government to investigate, charge and prosecute criminals within 1 week before the senate leadership elections. The fact is APC leadership withheld support for Saraki, it was your PDP legislators and a few rebel APC that hurriedly voted him in while their colleagues were away.
You didn't sound like you passed through high school.

Yeah, while you sound like one of those zombies with spermflakes for a brain. Go feed your hypocrisy and lies to those gullible ones like yourself. Withold support my black azz. But when he was contributing to APC winning Kwara votes and campaigning for APC, APC hypcritically gave him support abi? And withheld it after winning election? Nonsense!!
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by 3kay945(m): 7:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
lebete3000:

*Force the government* you make me laugh. This is not a case of fighting corruption, this is a case of a Pot calling Kettle black. You don't fight corruption by starting this way of witch-hunting if anything you only entrench such corruption the more...Saraki will never have been dealt with this way if he didn't frolick with PDP to be d Senate President and all his past will have been swept under carpet...same way other sacred cows won't have any issues as long as they behave themselves.

Corruption can NEVER be fought and won ds way....it will only get worse like a rebound.

Yes, force the government! If Nigerians are ready, we can do it. Gej didn't expect what befell him cos he thought we weren't ready to send him packing.
In this crusade of fighting corruption, politics still have a place to stand. We are getting somewhere, where politicking in every affairs of our lives would be reduced.

But right now I don't see anything wrong in witch-hunting saraki inasmuch as he is guilty.
Fighting corruption is a gradual thing don't anticipate perfection at the onset

2 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by ameynuJR(m): 7:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
[size=32pt]I

will

comment,

please

wait

for

me

Make

I

Finish

Drinking

This

Pure

Water
[/size]
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by lebete3000: 7:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
3kay945:

Yes, force the government! If Nigerians are ready, we can do it. Gej didn't expect what befell him cos he thought we weren't ready to send him packing.
In this crusade of fighting corruption, politics still have a place to stand. We are getting somewhere, where politicking in every affairs of our lives would be reduced.

But right now I don't see anything wrong in witch-hunting saraki inasmuch as he is guilty.
Fighting corruption is a gradual thing don't anticipate perfection at the onset

Like the way you forced Obasanjo ba? GEJ was just a foool who didn't play his game well and allowed the Northerners to undermine him...even Dokubo-Asari asserted this...stop deceiving yourself man...Corruption is not a human being you can force out like dat....no one would have known Saraki had such wealth if he didn't betray his party members....does his public ridicule mean same will be meted out to Amaechi, Tinubu, Obasanjo and other APC members? You and I know d answer.

So for you to be happy with witch-hunting is just like a fellow thief who donates tyres, petrol and matches to set ablaze another thief-very appalling!

Witch-hunting should never, I repeat NEVER be encouraged for any reason whatsoever. Witch-hunting can never be a step in d gradual process of fighting corruption. it is infact one of the OBSTACLES of fighting corruption.

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by onatisi(m): 7:26pm On Sep 18, 2015
menxer:

i think someone cleared this issue in another post, that you can't go to a higher court on first summons, except there is a duplicate case on the same issue.
I just read saraki official statement on this issue and yes saraki has a very strong point. I won't be surprised if this ccb rubbish is eventually swept under the carpet at the end of the day
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by TheFreeOne: 7:41pm On Sep 18, 2015
An 'interesting' political chess move no doubt.

[b]For it must be noted, that men must either be caressed or else annihilated; they will revenge themselves for small injuries, but cannot do so for great ones; the injury therefore that we do to a man must be such that we need not fear his revenge."

- Nicollo Machiavelli

Awaiting the next move....
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by 3kay945(m): 8:19pm On Sep 18, 2015
lebete3000:

Like the way you forced Obasanjo ba? GEJ was just a foool who didn't play his game well and allowed the Northerners to undermine him...even Dokubo-Asari asserted this...stop deceiving yourself man...Corruption is not a human being you can force out like dat....no one would have known Saraki had such wealth if he didn't betray his party members....does his public ridicule mean same will be meted out to Amaechi, Tinubu, Obasanjo and other APC members? You and I know d answer.

So for you to be happy with witch-hunting is just like a fellow thief who donates tyres, petrol and matches to set ablaze another thief-very appalling!

Witch-hunting should never, I repeat NEVER be encouraged for any reason whatsoever. Witch-hunting can never be a step in d gradual process of fighting corruption. it is infact one of the OBSTACLES of fighting corruption.

So saraki shouldnt be trial just becos it will be seen as witch-hunting

Before I continue with you, can you simply answer this. Are you member of the wailing wailer group?

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by lebete3000: 8:38pm On Sep 18, 2015
3kay945:

So saraki shouldnt be trial just becos it will be seen as witch-hunting

Before I continue with you, can you simply answer this. Are you member of the wailing wailer group?

Honestly I really detest people who are sentimental. We're talking issues here and the only thing left for you to say is Wailing Wailer group..

Lemme just answer you grudgingly cos you dey irritate me. I'm simply saying why d sudden search-light on Saraki? Would you praise a renowned thief for participating in d jungle justice meted out to another thief?

No one is saying Saraki shouldn't be tried for his corrupt practises but should that make us happy when we know d motive behind it and we well know there are people 100times worse dan him flocking around d same President?

All of this are what you should think of instead of displaying your ignorance with arrogance by asking a stuuupid question of whether I'm a wailing wailer.

This is not a fight against corruption. Saraki may be cleared off his seat as you probably hope but afterwards it will be business as usual and it will be me & you who bears the brunt cos everyone will see ds government as transparent for fighting it's own member out for corruption but we both know d koko...in d long run we'll be back here to lament that Nigeria is corrupt.

May God give us understanding.

If the FG is without sin let them cast the first stone.

2 Likes

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by omooba969(m): 8:46pm On Sep 18, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

You do know that even if CCB finds him guilkty he can appeal and by then buhari ministers would be under scrunity. By the senate. Every one has their cards to play stop been arrogant.

@bolded,

This issue is not one of arrogance, it's one with many facets. You need to know that as saraki is being tackled, some are already eyeing his seat and they will always serve as moles in the house...mtcheew it seems you don't understand the dynamics of the politics of interest. grin

Saraki has only bitten more than he can chew because he would be so naive to think he's gonna have a smooth ride on that seat while the sitting power is APC...power of incumbency! grin--Guy saraki is not playing it right but he probably feels he's smart.

Movie is getting interesting! cool
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 8:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
omooba969:

@bolded,

This issue is not one of arrogance, it's one with many facets. You need to know that as saraki is being tackled, some are already eyeing his seat and they will always serve as moles in the house...mtcheew it seems you don't understand the dynamics of the politics of interest. grin

Saraki has only bitten more than he can chew because he would be so naive to think he's gonna have a smooth ride on that seat while the sitting power is APC...power of incumbency! grin--Guy saraki is not playing it right but he probably feels he's smart.

Movie is getting interesting! cool

Why do u ppl like thriving on vasline like dis. U do know that even if the he is arraigned the tribulan cannot use a sitting to find him guilty. And he has already appealed the injunction. This way beyong jagaban politics plss. Saraki his smart. I xpect major upset in buhari minsterial list.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by 3kay945(m): 9:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
lebete3000:

Honestly I really detest people who are sentimental. We're talking issues here and the only thing left for you to say is Wailing Wailer group..

Lemme just answer you grudgingly cos you dey irritate me. I'm simply saying why d sudden search-light on Saraki? Would you praise a renowned thief for participating in d jungle justice meted out to another thief?

No one is saying Saraki shouldn't be tried for his corrupt practises but should that make us happy when we know d motive behind it and we well know there are people 100times worse dan him flocking around d same President?

All of this are what you should think of instead of displaying your ignorance with arrogance by asking a stuuupid question of whether I'm a wailing wailer.

This is not a fight against corruption. Saraki may be cleared off his seat as you probably hope but afterwards it will be business as usual and it will be me & you who bears the brunt cos everyone will see ds government as transparent for fighting it's own member out for corruption but we both know d koko...in d long run we'll be back here to lament that Nigeria is corrupt.

If the FG is without sin let them cast the first stone.

I see the problem you have. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND POLITICS.

NOW, I repeat inasmuch Saraki is guilty of the allegations against him, am happy with the arrest warrant.
Whether it's selective or witch hunting is DIFFERENT issue entirely. How can you even prove/say that in court of law! That your defendant is been witch hunted ?

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by Etruth: 9:22pm On Sep 18, 2015
kunzaar83:
[s]nothing dey happen dey can't do him nothing, he will scale 2ru and come out victorious to even wasp stronger @present Saraki has over 75 senators supporting him........ All this gra gra politians should better be careful, if not Saraki using his influence in the senate cut them to size........ They are too blind to understand nigerian politics which is the more u persecute some 1 the more popular he will be and also more stronger[/s]
Wake up! There is a NEW SHERIFF in town. The music has #CHANGED, therefore the dance step MUST #CHANGE as well. The days of impunity ended on May 29th, 2015. Smell the coffee.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by omooba969(m): 9:25pm On Sep 18, 2015
JustCalMeDBoss:

Why do u ppl like thriving on vasline like dis. U do know that even if the he is arraigned the tribulan cannot use a sitting to find him guilty. And he has already appealed the injunction. This way beyong jagaban politics plss. Saraki his smart. I xpect major upset in buhari minsterial list.

U must come to terms wit d fact dat once a politician's career is beginning to be marred wit allegations, definitely it will impact on his ambitions. This is one of such allegations & I won't be surprised if saraki is dealt wit beyong our expectations cos dis is struggle for power, fight for control. Only a knock-out wud do d job. cool
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by lebete3000: 9:49pm On Sep 18, 2015
3kay945:

I see the problem you have. YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND POLITICS.

NOW, I repeat inasmuch Saraki is guilty of the allegations against him, am happy with the arrest warrant.
Whether it's selective or witch hunting is DIFFERENT issue entirely. How can you even prove/say that in court of law! That your defendant is been witch hunted ?

And you're okay with this kind of POLITICS? Whether it be witch-hunt or not, as long as someone is being arrested ko?

People like you dat are supposed to cry out to ensure others face justice by letting the FG know you aren't foooled by this charade.yet you keep mum and shout for joy over any criminal they present you with while the original thieves continue to milk you dry.

Now I see why Nigeria remains the way it is...cos of people like you.

#Proudly Wailing by the way!

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by BCJAY(f): 9:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
grin grin grin grin grin

Congratulations to Kwara people and patriotic Nigerians. Nobody should be above the law! Cc Tomakint and Firefire
i thank God you are not biased on this issue, this is good for our democracy. No one is above the law.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by adanny01(m): 10:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
sinizia:

Story for APC gods. So they didn't build this case all these while till he backstabbed them to win the SP? So APC knew all these acts of Saraki all these while and collected his campaign money, rode on his fame and political power to win over Kwara votes? So APC rode on corruption/corrupt people to get power? This goes to show you that APCheats are conglomerate of thieves and hypocrites!!

Why do you think lawyers are paid billions of Naira for this kind of cases. They build cases using lots of staff, money and time. Its obvious you have no idea of judicial processes.

Even if APC knew the crimes committed, they can't go to court without proof. Besides, I don't think you are following the story. Saraki declared his assets to resume as Senate president, that is the basis for this suit. They are comparing this recent declaration to the previous one when he was sworn as governor. That means, he decleared around May 29 this year and that was when they had something on him. This case is based on false declaration not what ever you think.

Pls use your head when next you want to reply me in particular.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by aristosoft(m): 10:31pm On Sep 18, 2015
Until proven otherwise, this is good for our democracy. I expect PMB to continue watching all of them fight each other till they will expose themselves all.
The game has since started, the die is cast. Only the smartest will win. One favour I ask of GMB, just play neutral. Hunt whoever disobey you, working against the state.

If all these work out as expected, I will place GMB above OBJ.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by VirginFinder: 10:44pm On Sep 18, 2015
chukwudi44:
Initia gragra nothing will happen
Ode!
Why are Saraki's 'Fulani' brothers persecuting him?
Seriously, Ekweremadu is the Jonah in Saraki's ship.
Saraki must do his utmost best to throw him into the ocean ASAP.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by 989900: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2015
lebete3000:

[s]Honestly I really detest people who are sentimental. We're talking issues here and the only thing left for you to say is Wailing Wailer group..

If the FG is without sin let them cast the first stone.[/s]
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by 3kay945(m): 10:56pm On Sep 18, 2015
lebete3000:

And you're okay with this kind of POLITICS? Whether it be witch-hunt or not, as long as someone is being arrested ko?

People like you dat are supposed to cry out to ensure others face justice by letting the FG know you aren't foooled by this charade.yet you keep mum and shout for joy over any criminal they present you with while the original thieves continue to milk you dry.

Now I see why Nigeria remains the way it is...cos of people like you.

#Proudly Wailing by the way!

I have seen and heard what I want from you. Mind you Rome was not built a day. Am not here to lecture you on politics 101.
So, continue in your wailing Paradise. Am pleased with this small/fake thief first.

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by sinizia: 10:57pm On Sep 18, 2015
adanny01:

Why do you think lawyers are paid billions of Naira for this kind of cases. They build cases using lots of staff, money and time. Its obvious you have no idea of judicial processes.

Even if APC knew the crimes committed, they can't go to court without proof. Besides, I don't think you are following the story. Saraki declared his assets to resume as Senate president, that is the basis for this suit. They are comparing this recent declaration to the previous one when he was sworn as governor. That means, he decleared around May 29 this year and that was when they had something on him. This case is based on false declaration not what ever you think.

Pls use your head when next you want to reply me in particular.

Save your useless rants for the litluns like yourself that knows nada about APC hypocrisy. They had something on him as of May 29 and waited till he backstabbed APC before sending the media and law after him? After enjoying his patronage? You must think everyone's IQ is low as yours. Save your rants for the gullibles not someone like me.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by lebete3000: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
3kay945:

I have seen and heard what I want from you. Mind you Rome was not built a day. Am not here to lecture you on politics 101.
So, continue in your wailing Paradise. Am pleased with this small/fake thief first.

And I've seen the type of person you have decided to be.

Continue wallowing in your ignorance in d hope that Rome wasn't built in a day....the people who built Rome definitely didn't go about it this day otherwise Rome will never have been built.

I will rather Wail than Suffering and Smiling you expect of me while the real looters send their Children abroad to good schools and deceive you they're Paiting Kworoption.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by pasol4real(m): 11:30pm On Sep 18, 2015
NgeneUkwenu:
It is good that APC is starting the cleansing /the fight against corruption from its house, so that when Ike Ekweremmadu, Anyim and etal start having their turn in Courts nobody will cry "selective" Justice!

May God Bless Nigeria!!!

Stop fooling yourself while thiinking u are fooling others .saraki's case is a typical example of "witch hunt "
Every body knows the arrest is orchestrated by non other than the president,but if he n his cohorts wants to set this country on fire ,he should dare touch ekweremadu.
We are watching.

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by adanny01(m): 1:16am On Sep 19, 2015
sinizia:

Save your useless rants for the litluns like yourself that knows nada about APC hypocrisy. They had something on him as of May 29 and waited till he backstabbed APC before sending the media and law after him? After enjoying his patronage? You must think everyone's IQ is low as yours. Save your rants for the gullibles not someone like me.

Enjoy your natural ignorance.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by realtheo: 4:55am On Sep 19, 2015
Saraki don too Bleep up
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by nobeku: 5:53am On Sep 19, 2015
hinwazaka:

Just like a typical Nigerian. You watched the movie without reading the book. You didn't understand the ideology of the author. How can you compare a dull and rash individual like PMB to Don Vito Corleone. One important lesson from the book, is that you don't take a shot, except you are sure it is a deadly shot. You also don't leave any one alive when you hit. Your messiah is more like Tattaglia and the Turk. He has taken his shot and he missed. He should get ready for the CONSEQUENCES. HE HAS STARTED THE WAR OF THE FIVE FAMILIES AND ONLY HIS HEAD WILL STOP IT.
Come this guy.. You are funny O!!! So pmb and Saraki are now EQUALS. PMB should get ready for the "CONSEQUENCES"?Are you well at all?
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by sinizia: 7:05am On Sep 19, 2015
adanny01:

Enjoy your natural ignorance.
And you, your inbred stupidity.
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by DangoteAlhaji: 8:50am On Sep 19, 2015
bettercreature:
Now that APC started the corruption war from its own bedroom
I hope you People are satisfied
We need more dare devil judges like this one

I wonder how you will celebrate continuation of the use and dumps of the APC as starting corruption fight from the within , you and I know Saraki shouldn't be a scape goat if we want to commence the fight from an APCite flesh and blood , a man whose placenta is with the PDP , soul with the nPDP and only body in the APC
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by Dez80(m): 10:59am On Sep 19, 2015
PapaOyoyo:

U never learn from the Jona election action film? By the way, where is orubebe?

Orubebe has bin barred from the public to avoid further disgrace to the PDP

1 Like

Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by PapaOyoyo: 11:05am On Sep 19, 2015
Dez80:

Orubebe has bin barred from the public to avoid further disgrace to the PDP

Abi oo,hahaha
Re: CCT: Court Orders Saraki's Arrest by BrainnewsNg(f): 5:33am On Sep 24, 2015
gbenson:

He does not need to obey it. The Inspector General of Police will obey it for him.

Good for them

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

Nigerian Soldiers Show Off The Giant Snake They Caught (Photos) / Live Update Of Lagos One Million Match / Police Shoot At Shiite Protesters (Graphics Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.