Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,482 members, 7,816,141 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! - Career (36) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! (336152 Views)

Nurses Forum: Let's Meet Here / Medical Doctors In Residency Programmes In Nigeria / More Than 5000 Nigeria-trained Medical Doctors Practise In Us’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (67) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by yemmy75(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2016
radwad:

@joeblaze,
Please i need swammy/Samson plab 1 material.would be glad if i can probably get from you.please reply...here is ma email address= haibeeowey2@gmail.com
Thanks
Hi. Pls forward it to me whenever u get any. Thx
yemmy92@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MzBee63: 6:00pm On Mar 24, 2016
Hi.I recently graduated med school and waiting to resume internship.
i intend to write IELTS and PLAB etc and hopefully work in the UK,and i need a plan.
So I'm basically wondering whether NYSC is compulsory?
Anybody please?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by kennl: 7:06pm On Mar 24, 2016
MzBee63:
Hi.I recently graduated med school and waiting to resume internship.
i intend to write IELTS and PLAB etc and hopefully work in the UK,and i need a plan.
So I'm basically wondering whether NYSC is compulsory?
Anybody please?
NYSC is never compulsory but it good to be on the safe side in case. U can write IELTS n plab1 during internship n plan plab2 immediately u finish Nysc.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MzBee63: 9:18am On Mar 25, 2016
ok,thank you
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drobadebayo: 8:23am On Mar 26, 2016
k

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by MzBee63: 5:44pm On Mar 26, 2016
Hello, I'm preparing to write PLAB1 in November. I'd like to connect with you if you dont mind. I tried sending you a mail.Kindly check your inbox
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ayfamoks: 11:23pm On Mar 26, 2016
Good day ogas, i am a part 1 going to part 2 med student pls does anyone know the price of keith moore in lagos as its 14000 here in ife
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by DBestDoc(f): 9:03am On Mar 27, 2016
ayfamoks:
Good day ogas, i am a part 1 going to part 2 med student pls does anyone know the price of keith moore in lagos as its 14000 here in ife
Keith Moore shouldn't be more than 4k NGN
14k? shocked, i got 2 strong books (Davidson's Medicine n Bailey n Love's surgery) for 7,500NGN in Nigeria.
Look for the international Edition, they are subsidized.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by dearpiriye: 9:43am On Mar 27, 2016
DBestDoc:

Keith Moore shouldn't be more than 4k NGN
14k? shocked, i got 2 strong books (Davidson's Medicine n Bailey n Love's surgery) for 7,500NGN in Nigeria.
Look for the international Edition, they are subsidized.
are you in Nigeria at all? undecided at ph Keith Moore is close to 20k. 4k ke.....my dear here at ibadan the lowest I've seen is 13k. if u can't get it cheaper either go for soft copy or manage like that and buy it. Those that refused to buy it when it was 8-9k are now regretting seriously. Don't know where we are heading to again in this Nigeria cry
ayfamoks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by DBestDoc(f): 6:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
dearpiriye:
are you in Nigeria at all? undecided at ph Keith Moore is close to 20k. 4k ke.....my dear here at ibadan the lowest I've seen is 13k. if u can't get it cheaper either go for soft copy or manage like that and buy it. Those that refused to buy it when it was 8-9k are now regretting seriously. Don't know where we are heading to again in this Nigeria cry
ayfamoks
I'm not in Nigeria but all my texts come from there. Those books are extremely cheap in Nigeria if you know the right place to source for them.

Infact, mine was bought for 3,500NGN (Aba) a couple of years back, so i made it 4k to accommodate slight changes in price.

You said Keith Moore is around 20k in PH. That's for peeps that 've got enough cash to spare 'cause Aba is close to PH and those books are cheap there.
Most of those retailers in PH buy from Aba cheesy

Lagos, Aba or Onitsha, you will get those books cheap.

Thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by DBestDoc(f): 6:34pm On Mar 27, 2016
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:31pm On Mar 27, 2016
dearpiriye:
ayfamoks
I bought my Keith Moore for about 4k in Benin. I think things are on a high side at Ibadan.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ayfamoks: 10:58pm On Mar 27, 2016
Pls who knows the price of KM in lagos??
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by dearpiriye: 7:49am On Mar 28, 2016
Dbestdoc you bought it at 3,500 "some years back" not now. Thewhizzkid when did u buy your keithmoore? A friend bought in delta early Jan for 6000 and I bought at the same time for 6,500 in portharcourt. At that time it was 4,900 in ibadan. Let me not spam this thread with unnecessary posts. If u see keith Moore of 10k pls buy. I don't know lagos prices tho.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Thewhizzkid1(m): 8:26am On Mar 28, 2016
dearpiriye:
Dbestdoc you bought it at 3,500 "some years back" not now. Thewhizzkid when did u buy your keithmoore? A friend bought in delta early Jan for 6000 and I bought at the same time for 6,500 in portharcourt. At that time it was 4,900 in ibadan. Let me not spam this thread with unnecessary posts. If u see keith Moore of 10k pls buy. I don't know lagos prices tho.
I bought mine late last year.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Feggs: 12:20am On Mar 29, 2016
Hi, I'm currently serving and intend to study Medicine in the Caribbean after my service year in January. Pls I need advice on how to get a scholarship into medical school.
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by Genius101(m): 9:31am On Mar 29, 2016
hello medics pls i would like to know which is more expensive to study btw pharm nd medicine in a Nigerian uni in terms of tution fee plus text bks nd others..thanks
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by ayfamoks: 10:42pm On Apr 05, 2016
Thanks everyone, i was eventually able to buy my KM at 5200 in ife
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by reflx(m): 5:04pm On Apr 06, 2016
yemmy75:

Hi. Pls forward it to me whenever u get any. Thx
yemmy92@yahoo.com

please send to me
reflx_chico@yahoo.com
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 8:15pm On Apr 08, 2016
Please how do i get a job in saudi or UAE
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by OrthoDude: 2:01pm On Apr 09, 2016
basingstoke:
Please how do i get a job in saudi or UAE

Hi bro.

I have info on how to get a doctor job in Saudi, don't know about any other gulf country (but I'd like to if anyone can help).

So, for Saudi - the Ministry of Health (MOH) sends representatives to Nigeria at least twice each year to recruit. Whenever they come they work via recruitment agencies and conduct interviews in Lagos and Abuja. They were just here in March but should be returning in a few months time, not sure when though. Interviews were conducted in Lagos on 19th/20th via Onyva concepts and 21st/22nd via Successlink, as well as in Abuja on 24th/25th via BHP global.

The contact details for the recruitment agencies are as follows (cos they are the ones that the MOH guys contact when they are due to come)

ONYVA concepts -
Mobile - 08023181127, 08050735298, 07028104483
whatsapp - 07037115557
BBM - 2AF20ECA
Email - onyvaconcepts@yahoo.com

SUCCESSLINK
Mobile - 08107041935
Whatsapp - same

BHP Global
Email - jobs@bhpglobalventures.com
Mobile - 07066845446

Persist. Persevere. Struggle hard bro. Never give up. I pray the best for you.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 8:49pm On Apr 09, 2016
OrthoDude:

Hi bro.

I have info on how to get a doctor job in Saudi, don't know about any other gulf country (but I'd like to if anyone can help).

So, for Saudi - the Ministry of Health (MOH) sends representatives to Nigeria at least twice each year to recruit. Whenever they come they work via recruitment agencies and conduct interviews in Lagos and Abuja. They were just here in March but should be returning in a few months time, not sure when though. Interviews were conducted in Lagos on 19th/20th via Onyva concepts and 21st/22nd via Successlink, as well as in Abuja on 24th/25th via BHP global.

The contact details for the recruitment agencies are as follows (cos they are the ones that the MOH guys contact when they are due to come)

ONYVA concepts -
whatsapp - 07037115557
BBM - 2AF20ECA

SUCCESSLINK
Mobile - 08107041935
Whatsapp - same

BHP Global
Mobile - 07066845446

Hello. I am simply short of words. Thank you so much for the detailed information, really greatfull to you. may God really triple your greatest ambition. Thank you so much

7 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by OrthoDude: 9:44am On Apr 10, 2016
basingstoke:
Hello. I am simply short of words. Thank you so much for the detailed information, really greatfull to you. may God really triple your greatest ambition. Thank you so much

No wahala bro. Together we lift one another and grow.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drkay(m): 12:04pm On Apr 10, 2016
basingstoke:
Hello, I found your information very helpful. I'll be glad to get more gist about it. How many years post qualification do they require? Any professional exam to write? average salary? Is it advisable for a medical officer in general hospital to resign and take up the job?
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 5:13pm On Apr 10, 2016
drkay:

Hello, I found your information very helpful. I'll be glad to get more gist about it. How many years post qualification do they require? Any professional exam to write? average salary? Is it advisable for a medical officer in general hospital to resign and take up the job?
bro, you miss the point, I am not the one that provided the info. Any way I dont think it is n your best interest to remain in general hospital especially if you are not from same state. 6 YEARS in state hospital can move you from M.O TO AT BEST SMO 1. bUT 6 YEARS IN RESIDENCY TRAINING, AT WORSE YOU WILL BE SENIOR REG. I think general hospital is just something to keep you and your CV going.
If you move to saudi, you will make more money, from there, you can write international professional exams, and get OUT OF SAUDI FOR good training. But ONE THING THOUGH, DONT EVER RESIGN ONE JOB WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER ONE READY.

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by drkay(m): 7:56pm On Apr 10, 2016
basingstoke:
bro, you miss the point, I am not the one that provided the info. Any way I dont think it is n your best interest to remain in general hospital especially if you are not from same state. 6 YEARS in state hospital can move you from M.O TO AT BEST SMO 1. bUT 6 YEARS IN RESIDENCY TRAINING, AT WORSE YOU WILL BE SENIOR REG. I think general hospital is just something to keep you and your CV going.
If you move to saudi, you will make more money, from there, you can write international professional exams, and get OUT OF SAUDI FOR good training. But ONE THING THOUGH, DONT EVER RESIGN ONE JOB WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER ONE READY.
Thank you sir, I just noticed that I didn't quote the person that gave the info. Thanks all the same.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by OrthoDude: 8:15pm On Apr 10, 2016
Hi gentlemen, who can help with info on how to obtain the 2016 practice licence? I've gotten to the point where i paid online using ATM on Remita and printed out the 'payment successful page'

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2016
[quote author=OrthoDude post=44550179]

Hi bro.

ONYVA concepts -
whatsapp - 07037115557
BBM - 2AF20ECA

SUCCESSLINK
Mobile - 08107041935
Whatsapp - same

BHP Global
Mobile - 07066845446

[/quote
Bro thank you so much. I have been calling those numbers, they are switched off, only success link rang but they are not pcking up.I sent e mail and face book messages they have not replied yet.Thanks for your time.I am really greatfull
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 1:47pm On Apr 13, 2016
OrthoDude:
Hi gentlemen, who can help with info on how to obtain the 2016 practice licence? I've gotten to the point where i paid online using ATM on Remita and printed out the 'payment successful page'
. Sir, meanwhile the receipt you printed can be used as proof of the licence, but you can still contact council directly if you want the certificate urgently
Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 2:05pm On Apr 13, 2016
esosa4real:

na wa, i thought ireland was getting better...thanks, please is the amc for australia?? and any real info about it? pros and cons?
i think you should make more enquiry about this AMC, i know is really expensive, and the thing get as e bee. PLAb looks smooother, after plab once in uk, u can now decide where to go , australia, us or stay back in uk

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 2:13pm On Apr 13, 2016
rugged7:
TRAS
People from ireland are running to england.
write plab or usmle or amc

Hello, please , how do I contact you, i need some info. i already sent you an email request. sir.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors' Forum: Let Us Know You! by basingstoke: 2:17pm On Apr 13, 2016
RedCapChief:

Any doctor who plans to leave Nigeria has be gather information, money and then be focused to the end. These exams are not cheap and finding fellow doctors to motivate you will not be easy. If you are still starting out, better save cash or get another job because you'll need it
You have to check what your endgame is. Do you want to specialize and become a Consultant/Attending or will you be comfortable as a locum doctor in the UK earning good money. Any doctor writing PLAB?
In the end, it is all worth it.
PLAB 1 - £155
PLAB 2 - £465
IELTS - 40,000 naira?? (let's ask @gmyguy for confirmation)
This is exclusive of preparatory material
If you want to do the USMLE, then
Step 1 - $1015 - if you write the exam in Africa
Step 2 CK - $1015
Step 2 CS - $1505 - you must go to the US to write this.
Then you apply for residency
This is exclusive of transport to Ghana to write the exam and processing your school documents.

If you want to go to Canada (I don't advise this tho)
Registration - $265
MCCEE- $1695
MCCEE 1 - $980
MCCEE 2 - $2350

I know some buds who are earning good money in the UAE, though they are non-training posts
Sir,please give me link to UAE or the links to people already working there. Thanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) ... (67) (Reply)

Salary In The Nigerian Army? / Any HSE Professionals In The House? / How Much Is Level 8/2 Based On New Salary Structure?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.