Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,513 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:39 AM

Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki (25812 Views)

Defection: South-west APC Leaders Await Tinubu's Directive / Police Vow To Arrest Saraki ‘without Delay’ / FG Seeks Warrant To Arrest Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by kurt09(m): 5:50am On Sep 19, 2015
I Dey Laugh
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Chris042: 5:52am On Sep 19, 2015
Nawa oh
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by kenbee(f): 5:52am On Sep 19, 2015
And Buhari is allowing his government to be manipulated like this?
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Truckpusher(m): 5:54am On Sep 19, 2015
Caseless:
Delay is dangerous. Solo de fall my hand. That guy should have slept in their custody.

Just send those 'ordinary corporals', they sure know how to effect such arrest order. Those ones no know law and human right, Na order from above dem sabi.

Make sure saraki doesn't escape unhurt this weekend cos the appeal court might stall his arrest on monday.

saraki, the shortest-serving Senate president ever Liveth.
Come here, and it hasn't occurred to you that in a system where fair play works ,the police do not need any order from above to effect arrest, after all their job is clearly cut out for them.

Your schizophrenic rants for Saraki to be arrested is purely based on the fact that he refused to bow to the whining of Tinubu and his cohorts and if I may ask ;Does that spell anything good for our democracy?

Can't people aspire to become anything in the political circle without being hunted like an animal? I do support any form of corrupt practices but hey! he who comes to equity must come with clean hands and that's when we would begin to get it right and remove ourselves from the stranglehold of political godfatherism but here you are asking for him to be arrested simply because he went against the wish of the political party that has some individuals with a vested interest on who becomes the Senator and not the interest of the masses.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by onismate: 5:55am On Sep 19, 2015
eleko1:
Useless talk.NOr bi d same pipu they threatened to arrest the thief yesterday sad?Abeg,go bundle that cow b4 he escape go sallah.Nonsense undecided
mechew wwww. I talk am nah. I thought the police brought out a statement yesterday that they would effect the arrest. Now they are saying another thing that there is no directive. Naija sef. Come IGP solo or Solomon, if you don't arrest that criminal saraki of a person, I will pour you palm oil and report you take you to Ijebu ode.

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by kanoguy(m): 5:56am On Sep 19, 2015
police go arise dis man so pmb go appont niose makes
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by cole265(m): 5:56am On Sep 19, 2015
This weekend will be sweet
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Adesiji77: 5:57am On Sep 19, 2015
Hmmm cool
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Truckpusher(m): 5:59am On Sep 19, 2015
Pavore9:
That is the law, due process must be followed. If the law finds him to have stolen from his people, he owes them a refund and some time behind bars but if he can in good conscience defend that he didn't misappropriate while in office and not mere latching on the loopholes in the law then his Creator will vindicate him.
I guess the law takes effect when some people are involved ?

I thought we've been through this during Obj's time and GEJ didn't play by that rules ,so how come we are going there again?

The allegations against Saraki could be through but how come that it's only gathering momentum when he refused to listen to some certain people? This is ridiculous and a shame to the APC.

If Buhari's fight against corruption become a tool for witch-hunting then I'm afraid that we will never get it right.

3 Likes

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by hakinlai: 5:59am On Sep 19, 2015
Hmmmmm....Saraki d game master....highly intellectual politician he knows how to maneuver things. anyway d game just started let's watch n see how its will goes.... Buh like seriously ds is gud for our democracy.
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by appini: 6:00am On Sep 19, 2015
kenbee:
And Buhari is allowing his government to be manipulated like this?

Maybe he is a dul.lard

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by darne(m): 6:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Lol Naija hmmmm nothing surprises me anymore **Sips Cold Zobo*

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by cole265(m): 6:04am On Sep 19, 2015
Truckpusher:
Come here, and it hasn't occurred to you that in a system where fair play works ,the police do not need any order from above to effect arrest, after all their job is clearly cut out for them.

Your schizophrenic rants for Saraki to be arrested is purely based on the fact that he refused to bow to the whining of Tinubu and his cohorts and if I may ask ;Does that spell anything good for our democracy?

Can't people aspire to become anything in the political circle without being hunted like an animal? I do support any form of corrupt practices but hey! he who comes to equity must come with clean hands and that's when we would begin to get it right and remove ourselves from the stranglehold of political godfatherism but here you are asking for him to be arrested simply because he went against the wish of the political party that has some individuals with a vested interest on who becomes the Senator and not the interest of the masses.

Go and Sidon Jo! A thief is a thief. His time has come. Tinubu's time will come too. The fact remains that he has stolen and he is caught. You are defending him BC you hate Tinubu. That is not right. (Funra won ni won o ma funrawon logun je) Saraki must be disgraced and jailed!!! Congratulations Nigerians! One down.

5 Likes

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Oceemo(m): 6:04am On Sep 19, 2015
Media junk. See english abeg. " Next monday week"

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by aresa: 6:06am On Sep 19, 2015
This is the most idiotic talk ever? What more directive do you need? The CCB specifically gave the IG a direct order to arrest and produce and this incompetent clown is talking about waiting for directive? Directive from who?

The bench warrant is out there for you to effect so what's the meaning of directive? Have you not been directed to to arrest and produce already?

I'm I missing something here?

2 Likes

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by AlPeter: 6:07am On Sep 19, 2015
What are they waiting for? Abeg go arrest the thief fast

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by dyn1800: 6:08am On Sep 19, 2015
Hey look Mr police just go after him... We go give you directives later... grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by aresa: 6:09am On Sep 19, 2015
cole265:

Go and Sidon Jo! A thief is a thief. His time has come. Tinubu's time will come too. The fact remains that he has stolen and he is caught. You are defending him BC you have Tinubu. That is not right. (Funds won no won o MA funrawon logun is) Saraki must be disgraced and jailed!!! Congratulations Nigerians! One down.

His time came and he stood up like a man, he respected the laws of Nigeria by showing up daily till his case was adjudicated and nothing was found under his rug even after the EFCC and GEJ scrutinized his bank accounts and holdings. Let's move on to other people abeg..

3 Likes

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by menix(m): 6:09am On Sep 19, 2015
Mumu NPF...

If it was kola who stole pepper, they would have arrested him wiv beta beating buh they re waiting for Obama to comment first..

2 Likes

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by eleko1: 6:11am On Sep 19, 2015
U dey mind those yeye pipu?if to say nah common man now,dey won't be spewing upside down English.
aresa:
This is the most idiotic talk ever? What more directive do you need? The CCB specifically gave the IG a direct order to arrest and produce and this incompetent clown is talking about waiting for directive? Directive from who?

The bench warrant is out there for you to effect so what's the meaning of directive? Have you not been directed to to arrest and produce already?

I'm I missing something here?
Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Truckpusher(m): 6:12am On Sep 19, 2015
cole265:

Go and Sidon Jo! A thief is a thief. His time has come. Tinubu's time will come too. The fact remains that he has stolen and he is caught. You are defending him BC you hate Tinubu. That is not right. (Funra won ni won o ma funrawon logun je) Saraki must be disgraced and jailed!!! Congratulations Nigerians! One down.
you have a point but let's do it right else it would be another effort in futility.

All one got to do is steal as much as you can and just make sure you don't step on toes and you're good to go.This is dangerous for any democracy - You can't run a country like the mob.

5 Likes

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Israel5(m): 6:14am On Sep 19, 2015
I tok am na. No be Naija we dey?! Circles

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by ajibola11(m): 6:15am On Sep 19, 2015
This is season film let me just dey watch

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Nobody: 6:15am On Sep 19, 2015
Do they wait for an order to arrest common man in the street? Someone may want me to believe the saying ' we are all equal before the law'

3 Likes

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by enitey(f): 6:17am On Sep 19, 2015
'Fayose will be laughing by now

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by eleko1: 6:25am On Sep 19, 2015
Abeg,if Arase or whatever name he's clueless/can't do his work.Dey shud shove his thick a55 outa the Force angry.How I wish Joseph MbU be IGP but for his partisan.Arrest Saraki b4 he escape go Sallah holiday.Biko sad

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by luvprince4real(m): 6:31am On Sep 19, 2015
Saraki..... Tinubu's nightmare.
So much noise everywhere, @ d end nothing will happen.
Pdp don dey prepare ground to accept saraki back..

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by Caseless: 6:34am On Sep 19, 2015
Truckpusher:

Even in advance democracy where the police have their work properly outlined for them, a case that's as sensitive as this needs a push from higher authority. Even in america, police dare not go after the Senate president without an established case against him or a directive from a constituted authority/panel issued in that effect.

If saraki is caught partaking in armed robbery operations, or committing murder, police does not need an order from above to arrest, they do that on the spot or after an outcome of investigation points at him. But in a case where charges have been established against him, he was asked to come and defend himself and he refused, then something is amiss. So , the legal route to follow is to issue an arrest warrant like the tribunal has done, and this is what we are saying it should be effected. Days of I'm bigger than Nigeria and its laws are over.

Truckpusher:

you are sounding as if the same Tinubu has never been docked before by the same tribunal. Tinubu had 3 charges against him and he personally appeared before the tribunal, why won't a saraki who have 13 charges against him appear before the tribunal? In my hemidemisemiquaver tone, I make bold to say This is a helical affront against the law.

There is level or degree of freedom we can enjoy as humans; no one has 100% freedom , and you try to stretch your own freedom beyond limit it goes awfully bad like it has gone for saraki. Even in the parliamentarian system that's in place in the UK, a party leader or the oldest in rank is always favored for the highest post of the land. You don't just overturn party decision in the name of freedom and aspirations( even though as nothing is wrong in doing this, but there must be protocol to doing this).; that's party supremacy.

Saraki being a corrupt person is going to murk the anti-corruption crusade of this administration and this is why the party is against him.

Don't forget to tell me who Tinubu went against or the party supremacy he defied that made the tribunal to dock him at that time.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by sanc2s(f): 6:35am On Sep 19, 2015
Stupidity is when u believe that saraki, the senate president of Nigeria will be arrested. They are just making noise. Let them go and arrest him nah

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by free2ryhme: 6:36am On Sep 19, 2015
yimikaa:
Introvert and LadyF ain't got nothing on me cool.

If Arase loves his job, he should act fast and arrest the mesujanba, to change IGP no hard.

If FG can pull this through and deal with Saraki, all other politician in this dispensation will fall in line.

Dedicating this 1st comment to my 1st and 2nd wife (kachichuwkwu style) grin.

undecided

1 Like

Re: Police ‘still Awaiting Directive’ To Arrest Saraki by free2ryhme: 6:37am On Sep 19, 2015
All d drama na for show abi?

So sad.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Picture: #istandwithbuhari T-shirt / Governor Willie Obiano's Customized Champagnes Ahead Of Anambra Election (Photos / Kiki Osinbajo Daughter Berated For “Attacking” Her Mother's Critic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.