Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,225 members, 7,825,865 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? (6612 Views)

Best Nigerian Bank For Business Account / What Can You Offer For A Functional Online Shopping Site? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by GeorgeD1(m): 6:38pm On Apr 14, 2009
@prosper,
True talk. Rome wasn't built in a day. Best of luck.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by Nobody: 10:55pm On Apr 14, 2009
exago:

grin @BLUEDIVA
u scared to that extent grin

Yes  grin grin

Joan4427:

Someone please enlighten me.

Residents of Nigeria order their international books from Amazon? Which location?

Amazon.com? Or Amazon.com/uk? Or which?

Thanks!!

Amazon delivers only books, Cds and DVDs straight to Nigeria.
Delivery cost is high though, especially express delivery.
Either amazon US or UK
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 11:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
@BlueDiva
Have you signed up on Flegz.com yet ?
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 15, 2009
When you get good books on Fiction and Biographies.
I'd sign on. wink
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 8:24am On Apr 15, 2009
@Bluediva
We do have some Biographies.
Sign on now and you'll be alerted via email when we do have some more fiction e.g. Grisham and Dekers.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by azeezbaba(m): 9:30am On Apr 15, 2009
@prosper,

U didnt respond to T@meD0's comment on ur company logo.
"@prosper, Good concept, however; the only thing I'd suggest is to consider changing your logo colors cause it's looks very much like Google's.
Also, the three rings (red, gold, and green) on the logo looks like the one on Microsoft's Office suite logo.

The last thing una want is either one of these two giants (or both) slapping you guys with a trademark law suit (though it's unlikely that'll happen but better safe than sorry)."

I have been waiting for something like this to be done and am happy some1 like you have taken the bold step. I have make gud friends and learnt a lot of things from nairaland.com and i think you are using the right forum to propagate flegz.com.

Consider me a member of flegz family but am an abuja resident. I hope u guys get here soon.

Nigeria, good people, great nation
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by exago(m): 9:44am On Apr 15, 2009
@prosper
you dint answer my question on spaming my official mail
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by exago(m): 10:02am On Apr 15, 2009
I checked your site and only saw books, plz when is the computer section coming online
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by azeezbaba(m): 11:21am On Apr 15, 2009
@ Prosper,

I tried to join flegz but after filling the form an error kept coming up "Please fill the state field" even when i had selected my state.

Pls do something about that.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 11:58am On Apr 15, 2009
@azeezbaba
T@meD0 made a point but as you can see.
There are clear distinctions;

From google's
Colour shades, Font types, Brand names, and the intertwined rings are not like google.

From Ebay
The Colour Shades, Font Types, Brand names, and Intertwined rings are not like ebay's

From Microsoft
Microsoft has four not intertwined, and the colourshades are different.

From a whole lot of web companies and non tech companies. there are visible discrepancies.

If you noticed if these three companies have not killed each other over colours and rings.

Besides that their logos ad avatars did and are still evolving. and we do hope ours will for the better.

Besides we hope to get to Abuja next.
Cheers.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 12:08pm On Apr 15, 2009
@exago
We will not spam your official or personal emails.
We do send weekly tips and security alerts whenever they are needed to be sent.
we however will not consider them spam cause they are for your security.

@azeebaba
We will load them soon.
If you notice, wehaven't even started loading the novels and fiction sections of the books.
We have loads of stock to put up.
We are doing all we can.
Please bear with us.
If you sign up now, we will alert you every time our stock have reached +20% loaded so you can go look for Items that may interest you.
right now we are still scratching the surface in the area of 5%.

And we'll look into the complaint about signing up shortly.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by liftedone(f): 5:26pm On Apr 15, 2009
Good and welcome concept and I'll patronise you any day if your prices are competitive but they are not IMO. Case in point: Andrew Murray on Prayer I bought it for N600 in my local bookstore. Ur price is N1450. Michelle Mckinney Hammond's Ending the Search for Mr Right, N880, ur price is about N1200 if I'm not mistaken. The art of War and some others, I don't even want to tell you how cheap they are. Maybe you need to get a cheaper supplier. Or does being an online shop make things more expensive?
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 6:40pm On Apr 15, 2009
Thanks in advance.
liftedone:

Good and welcome concept and I'll patronise you any day if your prices are competitive but they are not IMO. Case in point: Andrew Murray on Prayer I bought it for N600 in my local bookstore. Ur price is N1450. Michelle Mckinney Hammond's Ending the Search for Mr Right, N880, ur price is about N1200 if I'm not mistaken. The art of War and some others, I don't even want to tell you how cheap they are. Maybe you need to get a cheaper supplier. Or does being an online shop make things more expensive?

Where is this local book store ?
What's the name of the company and where are they ?
It'll help to know.

That's besides the fact that our price for Ending the Search for Mr Right is actually NGN 1,050 NOT 1,200
please quate accurately, we take these things seriously.

Then there's the issue of you finding an old delisted edition for a lower price because people now buy the new editions.
Paper back versus Hard cover.
You really need to check properly the quality of what you are getting before yu start screaming price murder.

I will say this again, Your local store will not give the quality of service Flegz.com is rendering for that price.
We sell authentic books not pirated prints.
Pricing at flegz.com is very fair and I'm sure when you try us out even you will attest to it.

And we'll continue to find ways to make things better for us and our customers.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by liftedone(f): 7:17pm On Apr 15, 2009
my local bookstore is in ikota shopping complex. and they are not pirated copies. there's nothing like quality or no quality, most people get their books from the US or at least the places i know like Laterna and the small shops that dot the island that sell books. and since i visit them quite often, i will not see the need to patronise u as long as their prices are lower. i visit bookstores all the time cos books are my passion and i do a very good price comparison. u r an online store, i expect ur prices to be lower.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 7:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
The prices are well thought through.
And i belive you will find it cheaper to shop at flegz.com
Just keep looking out for the details of what you are buying.
And thanks for your contributions too.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by liftedone(f): 7:32pm On Apr 15, 2009
it's a good thing u r doing but still look into ur source of supply. like one of the shops in the complex that i use quite often, the guy always tries to get things at the cheapest rate. besides the fact that i supply them items for sale, i give it to them at prices lower than the rate at which they buy in the market and they don't even have to pay for transport. so u may just need to look into the supply aspect. i know the dollar fluctuation can also affect prices.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 7:39pm On Apr 15, 2009
Interesting.
You want to supply flegz.com some these titles ?
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by reindeer: 10:14pm On Apr 15, 2009
Prosper!!
i always knew you had it in you, since the days of CYBERMED in ife!

Keep it up bro, great idea and great prospects.

just factor in all the points noted on this thread and im sure flegz will be unstoppable.

mail me man, reindeer.antler@yahoo.com
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 10:21pm On Apr 15, 2009
@reindeer
You seem to know me.
Please remind me know who you are.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by BenHundred(m): 4:45am On Apr 16, 2009
I went on the site and i was really impressed. Innovation is taking its place!
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by Nobody: 8:02am On Apr 16, 2009
@ Prosper
Thanks. Will do.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by liftedone(f): 11:34am On Apr 17, 2009
prosper:

Interesting.
You want to supply flegz.com some these titles ?

lol, no.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 5:48pm On Apr 17, 2009
Take ten books at random on flegz.com compare the price with what you have on Amazon.com using a 150naira to a USD exchange rate. You'll find we are cheaper 80% of the time.
The few times we are desame price or slightly higher is when you compare our hard cover books to their paper cover versions. That's aside any shipping cost you'll incure buying from Amazon.
Flegz.com ships for free on the other hand.

I think flegz.com is fair in pricing however you look at it.

We'll welcome lower priced suppliers though, hence the asking.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 7:25am On Aug 24, 2009
Hello all, we've been working hard at flegz.com and I'm Glad to Introduce:
1. Flegzwallet( an online cash payment system )
2. Nationwide shipping.
3. Referral earnings Invite a friend and get 1% of whatever he/she buys (only if they join flegz.com through your invitation)

Try it out, it more fun to shop at flegz.com

Anyone can also get an instant free account here
http://flegz.com/flegz/register.php?acode=1
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by hmo: 9:16am On Oct 07, 2009
@prosper, your site is quite impressive but i don't think its the best nigerian shopping site because i just viewed an online shopping site www.shopfromamericanigeria.com, its really secured with a comodo logo. The site is the boom. wink
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by prosper(m): 10:26am On Oct 07, 2009
I'm sure users will make wise descisions and will have preferences, they just have to see which one of these sites solves their problems better, nice site though good work, Flegz.com is still a better and safer choice.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by dotmanone(m): 8:52am On Oct 08, 2009
Your fears are very understandable Cabali,
There has been a lot of bad publicity for Nigeria in the online business.
And that's due to some bad eggs in our society.

But that is what we collectively have to change. It will not be easy.

But gradually we'll all do our little bit to errode this notion and build safer systems online and offline.
Hopefully, someday, ours will be the envy of the world and we'll look back and say we came out of it.

But we have to get our hands dirty and get the work done. One site at a time.
We'll find the loopholes and plug them.
We'll build our name again.

Flegz.com is a product of Flegz Integrated Services Limited; a company duely registered in the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

You can look it up with the Corporate Affairs Commission.

You can call up Guaranty Trust Bank e-business unit, and you can call Interswitch Nigeria limited.

I urge you to try us and when you see the excellence in service, Tell others about us.

As for the emptyness you expressed, don't worry we just launched and if you look properly you'll see that Items are continually beign loaded by the minute so please feel free to look us up again. hopefully we'll have the titles or Items that will Interest you.

Hope to see you online.

My brother am touched by your write up. I really want to encourage you to ride on the good Lord will take you to your destination in Jesus name.
We cant run away from the truth we have issues to ressolve in our nation (Nigeria) and how to ressolve is in our hands. Lets stand by the truth
and i know that one day this country Nigeria will be a proud nation that everybody will proud of anywhere anyday. Nigeria is great, i pray your company will continue to prosper in Jesus name have great day
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by jankaraman(m): 2:11am On Jan 01, 2010
Gentlemen,
The best online shopping site in Nigeria is www.vanlare.com the site serves US, Canada and Nigeria and very soon the whole of Africa.
You can pay by credit card or to Zenith bank and you pick up at their office at 5 Unity Road, Ikeja, Lagos or they deliver to you.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by sungoddess(f): 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2011
Why go through all these headaches You can shop online and pay cash on delivery at www.shopaholicng.com which is based in Lagos. Also ships to all 36 states in Nigeria. Lovely site with good quality products.
Re: Flegz: The Best Nigerian Shopping Site? by nonli: 5:00am On Oct 05, 2011
Speaking of Nigerian shopping site, there is this new one , www.nigeriadealzone.com its really cool, has this ebay feel

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nursery/pry And Secondary School Address In Ogun State / What Small Biz Can I Setup With N250,000 In Lagos / CBN Unveils Regulation On Bills Payments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.