Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,677 members, 7,865,719 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:28 AM

The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment (12197 Views)

Etcetera: Buhari Might Be The Last President Of Nigeria / See How Nigerians Are Reacting To The Saraki Debacle On Twitter / 5 Reasons Why The Saraki And Ekweremadu Partnership Won't Last (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by sammyj: 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
Story from mere wailers cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by GabrielSuswam(m): 11:03pm On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:
@Mycoli: Actually, the issues raised by the poster is baseless.

1. Prosecution can only be authorised from the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation/Justice Ministry. Keyword here is office.

2. The Office/Ministry is not the same as occupant/Minister. Just as the Presidency does not mean the occupant. 1(above) actually mean the institution. Any authorised person (Solicitor-General or Director of Public Prosecution) have the power to okay criminal proceeding in the absence of AGF.

3. The law does not recognise vacuum. Hence, the Ministry of Justice were able to halt Sylva's case even when there was no Minister of Justice.

4. The CCB has acted lawfully

5. It is NOT an impeachable offence. Beside to impeach a President you need 1/3 members of Senate and Reps to send impeachment notice, you need the CJN to set up 7-man committee to investigate the 'offences' and you need ANOTHER 2/3 of Senate and Reps to pass a Yes (assuming the panel indict the President). It is virtually IMPOSSIBLE

People should refrain from being emotional over this issuê

Well Said

2 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by MizMyColi(f): 11:04pm On Sep 18, 2015
OnReflection:

You are on a hiding to none by all accounts. Tell Saraki that he has simply misread the tea leaves here.

Show the full document where you got your quote from or forever hold your reflection peace!
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by RedCard1(m): 11:06pm On Sep 18, 2015
I don't think the impeachment is possible.
Just that Buhar needs to realise that we're no longer in the military era.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by SUBWAY101(m): 11:08pm On Sep 18, 2015
It is nearly impossible to impeach a Nigerian President. 2/3 of both senate and house of rep. Lol

7 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by SUBWAY101(m): 11:09pm On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

1. Prosecution can only be authorised from the Office of the Attorney General of the Federation/Justice Ministry. Keyword here is office.

2. The Office/Ministry is not the same as occupant/Minister. Just as the Presidency does not mean the occupant. 1(above) actually mean the institution. Any authorised person (Solicitor-General or Director of Public Prosecution) have the power to okay criminal proceeding in the absence of AGF.

3. The law does not recognise vacuum. Hence, the Ministry of Justice were able to halt Sylva's case even when there was no Minister of Justice.

5. It is NOT an impeachable offence. Beside to impeach a President you need 1/3 members of Senate and Reps to send impeachment notice, you need the CJN to set up 7-man committee to investigate the 'offences' and you need ANOTHER 2/3 of Senate and Reps to pass a Yes (assuming the panel indict the President). It is virtually IMPOSSIBLE

SIMPLE. Saraki should go clear his name.

6 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by yanabasee(m): 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
tomakint:

Saraki is very smart and brilliant? Really? ..........Tell me something........ grin grin

You'll be surprise to know that...the people that will stand up for him might be the least senators in the chambers.... Saraki has a good political ambition and wouldn't let it slip off like GEJ did... Take note!
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by OlaBlaize(m): 11:12pm On Sep 18, 2015
tomakint:
It's a pity we have many naive-minded commentators lately on the cyberspace....this writer had forgotten that in the absence of an Attorney-General, the most Senior Officer in the CCB can act in the capacity of the AG. The issue at stake here demands urgency towards a staggering case (billions of dollars accrued to a single noble thief), even Tinubu appeared in the dock in this same CCT when he was served his notice. So who the hell is this spoilt brat forming one god against the Law of the Land?
. The constitution is very clear on the office of the Attorney General. it did not empower anybody to act in the capacity of the A-G. the A-G can can only empower any legal practioner personally.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Idrismusty97(m): 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
Impeach Buhari? This is blasphemy! Where do all these cartoons even pop out from. I dare Saraki to even think of impeaching anyone.

12 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by okolochyke: 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
SUBWAY101:
It is nearly impossible to impeach a Nigerian President. 2/3 of both senate and house of rep. Lol

grin grin grin grin

Dont mind the romance bloggers turned political analysts

I bet they don't even know the basic principles of an impeachment process.

22 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by OnReflection: 11:14pm On Sep 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Show the full document where you got your quote from or forever hold your reflection peace!

You think I am propelled solely by blind solidarity, tyranny of the tribe, and hysterics, as you are?
Go back and read through my posts again. grin

15 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Gboliwe: 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2015
All things work together for good. They all will by their own hands set each other up. I have never liked Saraki and the fact he became the SP. I have never liked the terrorist either. So, whatever makes them sweat, appeals to me.

4 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by OnReflection: 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2015
okolochyke:

grin grin grin grin

^^^ I no fit laff

8 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by tomakint: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2015
yanabasee:

You'll be surprise to know that...the people that will stand up for him might be the least senators in the chambers.... Saraki has a good political ambition and wouldn't let it slip off like GEJ did... Take note!
It will even surprise you more to know that as it stands now, Saraki is gradually inching towards being impeached.....can't you notice the silence of his close Associates in the Senate? Buhari is not smiling......take a look bro cool

7 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by SUBWAY101(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
okolochyke:

grin grin grin grin

Lmao. Buhahahahaaha.

9 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by yanabasee(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
tomakint:

It will even surprise you more to know that as it stands now, Saraki is inching towards impeachment gradually.....can't you notice the silence of his close Associates in the Senate? Buhari is not smiling......take a look bro cool

Politics will surprise you bro.... Much said... Let's wait for the outcome of all the saraki's saga...
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by JustCalMeDBoss(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2015
All these would only awaken the former PDP senators that the buharid led adminstration is on their neck. I xpect to see buhari's minister list disorganized. Which is a good thing.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by okolochyke: 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2015
SUBWAY101:

Lmao. Buhahahahaaha.

I just tire!

grin grin grin grin

10 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by MizMyColi(f): 11:23pm On Sep 18, 2015
OnReflection:

You think I am propelled solely by blind solidarity, tyranny of the tribe, and hysterics, as you are?
Go back and read through my posts again. grin

okay
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by tomakint: 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
yanabasee:

Politics will surprise you bro.... Much said... Let's wait for the outcome of all the saraki's saga...
My brother, nothing in this case will spring any surprises, Saraki is a goner - FACT!

3 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by bettercreature(m): 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2015
MizMyColi:

Oga, look for something better to nail me with.

cheesy
Like I said before the post you quoted, either way, it's a win-win for PDP and a big shame to APC.
The wise APC warriors among you are silent on this.

Go Figure!
I dont think its possible to impeach a president in Nigeria Something america also find very difficult to do against Obama
Beside Saraki must not escape this one

4 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by yanabasee(m): 11:32pm On Sep 18, 2015
tomakint:

My brother, nothing in this case will spring any surprises, Saraki is a goner - FACT!

Yeeezky! I'll stand as a reminder! Goodnight!
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by frankyychiji(f): 11:47pm On Sep 18, 2015
talktimi:
cry
Na so! They are obviously dining and winning in transcorp Hilton together while masturbators expend their Vaseline. I told them not to rejoice yet but people like midolian just won't stop wanking. Anyway, Na Dem preek go get sore. cheesy

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by frankyychiji(f): 11:52pm On Sep 18, 2015
okolochyke:
Every body including illiterates like the OP have now suddenly turned into Political Analysts and Public Relations Experts

grin grin

The problem with some jobless non-entities is that they are equating romance blogging to political analysis.

Can you imagine the effrontery of this degenerate in postulating on issues that are way above her intellectual capacity?

If you cannot see the handwriting on the wall by now, you need help

Illiterate!
Talk is cheap. Bla bla bla bla...why not counter her with your hard facts.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by midolian(m): 11:58pm On Sep 18, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

When it comes to Saraki, your brain works like Einsten's grin

5 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by TonyeBarcanista(m): 12:03am On Sep 19, 2015
midolian:
When it comes to Saraki, your brain works like Einsten's grin
I tire sef o grin

2 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Bevista: 2:58am On Sep 19, 2015
okolochyke:
Every body including illiterates like the OP have now suddenly turned into Political Analysts and Public Relations Experts

grin grin

The problem with some jobless non-entities is that they are equating romance blogging to political analysis.

Can you imagine the effrontery of this degenerate in postulating on issues that are way above her intellectual capacity?

If you cannot see the handwriting on the wall by now, you need help

Illiterate!
Easy bro. That was a damning evaluation of the @OP.

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by mikolo80: 3:09am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi:

Please read carefully before commenting.
I am particularly indifferent in all this.
This was posted as a broadcast message on my BBM and as a patriotic citizen, I thought to sharesmiley

learner

1 Like

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Wildrage: 3:34am On Sep 19, 2015
TonyeBarcanista:

First time I would disagree with u on this forum, your opinions are almost all of the time spot on, but on this you got it wrong. Let me say upfront that I consider Saraki a despicable, treacherous, opportunistic scoundrel, a rapacious thief deserving all the tribulations being meted to him by his equally power hungry, tyrannical soul mates. That said, I believe we are a country governed by law and under no circumstance should the tenets, letters and the core principles of law be deviated from just because it's expedient to do so. If we encourage mob action against a deserving thief someday an innocent relative may be wrongly lynched to death just because someone maliciously called him Ole in the market place.

To what you opined, my dissent

1) the law is very specific on who can prosecute or authorize prosecution by way of delegating his authority for false declaration of assets, The attorney general of the federation. This is unlike any other criminal prosecution where the power to prosecute can be implied even when there is no substantive AG

2) like I said earlier, the law is not referring to the office but the person of the Attorney general, there is no ambiguity. No other person can act on his behalf unless there is an express authorisation from the AGF. In this case, Buhari shot himself in the foot by his inexplicable delay in appointing his ministers

3) The law recognize a vacuum if there is one even though nature abhors it

4) In its rush to please the puppeteer, CCB not only acted unlawfully but also in total disregard of its own procedures. An accuse is to be afforded an opportunity by the commission to explain any discrepancy discovered after verification of his declared assets, the commission only proceeds to prosecute if the Explanation is considered unsatisfactory. In this case nothing of such happened.

5) this constitutional infraction may not be weighty enough to warrant the impeachment of the president, moreso when there is nothing to show he is directly involved in this shenanigan but I assure you that if he continues to behave like we are still in a military era where his whims must be obeyed and his wishes must be law , then sooner or later even those cheering him on now would start seeing him as a menace that must be thwarted, he frittered away his goodwill in 84, same can still happen

5 Likes

Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by globalresource: 5:01am On Sep 19, 2015
Naija gladiators season 1
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by PenSniper: 5:33am On Sep 19, 2015
[quote author=tomakint post=38150639]It's a pity we have many naive-minded commentators lately on the cyberspace....this writer had forgotten that in the absence of an Attorney-General, the most Senior Officer in the CCB can act in the capacity of the AG. The issue at stake here demands urgency towards a staggering case (billions of dollars accrued to a single noble thief), even Tinubu appeared in the dock in this same CCT when he was served his notice. So who the hell is this spoilt brat forming one god against the Law of the Land?
[/quote.

Bravo. Love you and your comment.
Re: The Saraki Brouhaha: Buhari Might Be Setting Himself Up For Impeachment by Nobody: 5:35am On Sep 19, 2015
MizMyColi:
Clearly, after reading this OP, Modath is afraid.
gringrin

Ma'am goan sleep biko.

I hope someone informs Mr Buhari of this.
I also hope for his sake that the subsection, section, session et al I'm seeing up there is fake and a blatant lie.

Else, he would be biting his fingers now on why he took this long to appoint an Attorney General.

Swift does not always mean Apt.
practically took this as a joke , isnt it? If not its laughable , the character of the presidency itself commands fear, 2/3 of the Senate and Reps needs to approve motion before any process can be taken, northerners has more than halve of d senators nd reps, when it comes to Buhari u dont expect them to forsake him, the main reason supports are garnered for saraka is tackling jagaban.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

FEC Approves N15.73 Billion Road Project In Enugu / "The Buhari I Know Is Vindictive And Petty" - Reno Omokri / Why Is The Nigerdelta Silent? What's Our Use In This Forum As Regards Sovreignty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.