Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,353 members, 7,836,446 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:58 AM

Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria (3704 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Apc Claims Buhari Is Responsible For The U-17 World Cup Victory / What Is The Present State Of Electricity In Your City/state (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by shawn123: 5:25pm On Apr 15, 2009
ikeyman00:

60% northern leaders

30% yoruba leaders

10%  igbo leaders

gbam gbam!!

People that quote stuffs like this are actually responsible for the way nigeria is, am not a northerner but i do know that , extreme tribalism like this is part of the reasons why we are and might remain like this, take a look at this statement, it doesnt even sound like my grand father's kind of talk, people keep talking about leaders, are these leaders not people like me and you. We Nigerians are the cause of our issues!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 5:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: ikeyman00 on April 13, 2009, 06:48 PM
60% northern leaders

30% yoruba leaders

10%  igbo leaders

gbam gbam!!

People that quote stuffs like this are actually responsible for the way nigeria is, am not a northerner but i do know that , extreme tribalism like this is part of the reasons why we are and might remain like this, take a look at this statement, it doesnt even sound like my grand father's kind of talk,    people keep talking about leaders, are these leaders not people like me and you. We Nigerians are the cause of our issues!

listen mate drop that gbati mentality face the truth! jesus ha. Yes we all are nigerians and as u know i'm probably the most patriotic naija in here, and all along this can be justified in nl. i aint fake me afraid, i love being real and staright me afraid. like i said before and i will say it again right, no one really wana pull off from nigeria u know, now dnt u talk about biafra, cuz we know whats up. here in london they have underground train network cuz it really need to be updated but will cost lots of billions, but since its still fuction well, they decided they ve got proirites to spend the money on but here in nigeria u had some niger-delta stiill travels in canon, u have onihsa bridge overdue, ur fuckers still had the got to award kano-lagos railway

listen i aint here for gbati mentality, nigeria aint just about lagos and abuja if u care to know, so wise up mate!!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 6:31pm On Apr 15, 2009
Tafa Balogun's N16bn loot missing dailysun
From JAMES OJO, Abuja
Wednesday, April 15, 2009

An avalanche of petitions from Nigerians who wanted to know what happened to the N16 billion recovered from the former Inspector General of Police (IGP), Mr. Tafa Balogun has compelled the House of Representatives to summon the Inspector General of Police, Mike Okiro and the Chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Mrs Farida Waziri.

Chairman of House Committee on Police Affairs, Hon Abdul Ningi disclosed yesterday that the invitation of the two security chiefs became necessary because the committee had been inundated with petitions, alleging that the money had disappeared.

Some of the petitions, he stated alleged that the N16 billion could not be located since 2005 after Tafa agreed to part with the money as part of the conditions for his release.

Ningi said the committee was desirous of unravelling the whereabouts of the money and that Okiro and Waziri were in the best position to explain what happened to the funds recovered from the former Inspector-General of Police.

Tafa, now a free man was disgraced from office by the Nuhu Ribadu-led EFCC. He made a plea bargain to part with some of the loot traced to him as IGP and thus got a lenient jail sentence.

The invitation of Farida Waziri, according to Ningi was germane because it was the commission that prosecuted Balogun and she should know more about the money.

Abdul Ningi confirmed that the committee had written twice to both Okiro and Waziri on the subject, but got no response. Consequently, he said the committee would raise the issue at the plenary session of the House when it resumed after the Easter break. “We don’t just wake up one day to say that we want to know what happen to the money collected back from the former IGP, this committee had been inundated with petitions from the public, who wanted to know what happened to the billions of naira and property recovered from Balogun,” he stated.

Balogun was convicted on charges of corruption in 2005 by the Obasanjo administration and sentenced into six months after a plea bargain to return part of the money.

“When we learnt that both the police and the EFCC could not account for the money, the committee was disturbed and on two occasions, we wrote to the EFCC and the police authority demanding for information, up till now, we have no information on the whereabouts of the money,” he insisted.

u see am now angry

u see how yorubas and hausa de kill nigeria

angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ThiefOfHearts(f): 6:33pm On Apr 15, 2009
^what is your business with Nigeria?
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 6:38pm On Apr 15, 2009
hahha
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by bsanya(f): 1:39pm On Apr 16, 2009
very simple
- the good 4 nothung politicians
- the militants in the niger delta
- the kidnappers
- OBASANJO is the founder
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by jamace(m): 1:58pm On Apr 16, 2009
Our leaders, past and present, are responsible for the present state of Nigeria,
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by amaikama(m): 6:23pm On Apr 16, 2009
@poster!! you, me and the politicians. cry
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by DKNYtruth(m): 10:08pm On Apr 16, 2009
IN MY CANDID OPINION, IT FALLS BACK TO OUR LEADERS WHICH IN TURN ITS OUR FAULT! AN ADAGE IN YORUBA SAYS "YOU CAN FORCE A HORSE TO A RIVER, BUT YOU CAN'T FOR A HORSE TO DRINK". TAKING A CLUE FROM DEVELOPED COUNTRY, IT'S TRUE WE OFTEN REFER TO THE FACT THAT WE JUST GOT INDEPENDENCE, BUT THE LEVEL OF DEVELOPMENT THAT HAVE SWEPT THE COUNTRY IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR US TO DO WAY WITH SUCH RYTHM! OUR DOOM STARTED IMMEDIATELY WE HAD THE OIL BOOM; IT MADE OUR LEADERS LOOSE A SENSE OF RESPONSIBILITY AND GREED GOT THE MOST PART OF THEM. PRIOR TO THAT WE'VE HAD FEW PEOPLE OF CONSCIENCE, I DOUBT IF THAT STILL EXIST! WE HAVE A LONG WAY TO GO WITH THIS MID-SET THAT HAS ENGULFED OUR COUNTRY/AFRICA LIKE WILD FIRE; THE CITIZENS ARE NEITHER LEFT OUT THOUGH, how many of us are sincere in what we do to? LET'S START FROM THERE! and we could BRING THE CHANGE WE OURSELVES CAN BELIEVE!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ikeyman00(m): 12:24am On Apr 17, 2009
na big big lie

let the leaders lead by example

ibb make him refund 12 billion

obj refund 5 billion

then whoever that mess with nigeria rust in jail

watch okadaman begin de obey traffic light overnight

so plz yall stop foolin around for god sake
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Claudeke: 7:33pm On Apr 17, 2009
I believe we are all responsible for the Nigeria's present state. However, some persons can be said to be more responsible cos to whom much is given much is expected. Nevertheless, I think that the greatest problem of my beloved country is that it is made up of a great number of persons who have lost hope in themselves and their potentials.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Davincii: 9:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
Truth is, we are all responsible. We sit back and watch things go wrong. We criticize with one side of our mouths and then use the other to praise vociferously ou relatives who give us handouts nd peanuts from theri loot while in some priviledged office. Nigerians need deliverace. We are double talkers. As long as it's onvenient to fill our bellies, we praise thieves and hooligans. When the handouts seize, we cry foul and want the whole world to know there are crooks amidst us. If only we could stop being the hypocrites we are!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by deb(m): 10:49pm On Apr 17, 2009
@asha 80

Abeg go siddon for gutter.See a tribalist accusing me of lack of patriotism.

You are arguably the most tribalistic nairalander. You may keep pointing accusing fingers
but you are one of Nigeria's biggest problems
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by asha80(m): 10:56pm On Apr 17, 2009
Look for a rope.You know what to do next.^^^
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by randombee: 1:52am On Apr 18, 2009
@Mr. Poster,
If u really want to know, read from the first to the very last of the replies to ur initial post and u will see answer to ur query. cry cry cry
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by neyo4real(m): 4:31pm On Apr 18, 2009
well i think it all started fby the millitary. the present status can be dated as far back to the 1966 Jan coup that eliminated virtually those who could change the status of nigeria for better. people like obafemi awolowo, the sardauna of sokoto, the then premier of the western region, S.L Akintola and the rest of them. the present economic depression is as a result of some changes in the past governments policies which really affects the present economy. It is also good to say that we the citizens should try as much as possible to have positive conceptions about our country i think by praying for her, everything would work out fine grin
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by randombee: 11:19pm On Apr 18, 2009
If you ask the wrong question, u'll surely get the wrong answer.

Me think the right question should be "what can we do to change the situation of things in Nigeria?"

We all have our steadfast views on what and who is wrong with Nigeria but we don't seem to have any clue as to how to change what is wrong.

I weep for Nigeria! cry cry cry
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by FavourY1: 5:54pm On Apr 19, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode]Weeping for Nigeria will not change her present state. Although prayer is a right step in the right direction, there is a need for Nigerians to start taking personal responsibility. Rome was not built in a day, if every Nigeria start doing what they are supposed to do, change might be gradual but it will surely come.
Fellow Nigerians, we need to stand up for what is right. How can a Nation with so many educated people say that leaders are being forced on them. We need to wake up and take the bull by the horn and stand up for our right. The developed Nations have alot on their hands and I don't see them coming to our rescue. We need to sort ourselves out and quick, if not our future generation will have nothing to inherit and they would curse their forefathers (Us) for not securing their future.
We need to act Fellow Nigerian.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by MWorkers(m): 12:59am On Apr 20, 2009
The 'ojelus' (selfish political rulers) are responsible. And looting continues till we have selfless but altruistic political leaders at the helm of affairs of this tremendously favoured land flowing with the proverbial milk and honey. But with the PEOPLE DECEIVING PEOPLE (PDP) swearing to rule us perpetually, we can only remain a paper tiger deluding ourselves as the so-called giant of Mama Africa. Rebranding or no rebranding!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by ifele(m): 4:39pm On Apr 20, 2009
The only war to solve Nigeria's problem is thru war. War has got to sweep away the parasites and predators in

Nigerian society. Many people are talking peaceful solutions but they have never worked or will ever work becos

Nigeria is a violent society. A system addcited to disaster and violence. After victory over the evil forces we can rebuild.

The Nigerian forces but military and civilian will turn society into a terrorist state. People are living in fear of evil and

victimisation. But when you give them a chance and the tools to fight oppression the fear will vanish.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Davincii: 5:39pm On Apr 20, 2009
War is never a solution. I just believe that the more things get worse the more Nigerians would be forced to rethink their docile stance on topical issues bordring on corruption. The dark forces holding Nigeria to ransome are few and they are your brothers and my brothers. Start first by cleaning ridding your family of these maggots.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by hoeyeadoe: 5:40pm On Apr 20, 2009
What can say, Jamb question( you think you knw it but the outcome shows yu dont knw jack)

Top- down approach to solving problems is very effective when there are respectable, functional and effective institutions in a country.

Imagine, being the president of Nigeria with a good manifesto and enviable vision. Tell me, where do you start from? (that's on the federal level)

Now, imagine being the state governor of Oyo state, what do you do to make Oyo better than Calabar?

Being the minister for education, health abbl, how do you fulfil a destiny that wouldn't hunt you and your future?

How do you treat your neighbours- what sort of thoughts do you have towards the successful pp around you, do you give a friggin fart abt anything at all asides from  YOU?

In your final breathe, would you sleep in peace knowing you've fulfilled your potential with the available resources?

Think about it, the change starts from you, and you are the leader- yur vision (wisdom, knowledge n understanding) informed by the acknowledged problems of yur society allows you to take a bold step twrds reforming n rebranding if you like, the institutions. And you again, being unselfish, delegate your powers to the right persons that articulate your vision.
it's all in circles but we hardly notice. Nigeria needs good pp to make better leaders and an enviable country. We need discipline, dedication and direction. We need you to be as good as you can.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by deb(m): 1:56pm On Apr 21, 2009
@asha
Look for a rope.You know what to do next.^^^

Of course I know what to do with it. I'm heading for your neck straight!
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by oyeperolaw: 5:06pm On Apr 21, 2009
My bros is everyone in the state that is responsible for the present predicament that is happening
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by olumideaeo(m): 5:12pm On Apr 21, 2009
Hmmmmmm,
We can't really talk about the present state of Nigeria without talking about the past generations (leader or no leader). Let every individual in this present generation do the right thing and comport him/herselves in the right manner for a better nigeria so that the next generation will not ask this same question.

Towards a BETTER and REWARDING NIGERIA.

Olumide
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by emyah(m): 1:44pm On Aug 06, 2009
wan you put different type of animal in one house and tell them to shear one parlour what do you expect? know great nation in world got modern 12 tribe and culture tongue.
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 06, 2009
Many would always be called and few will always be chosen
Re: Who Is Responsible For The Present State Of Nigeria by MyJoe: 5:26pm On Nov 10, 2009
@ OP

I feel your pain, brother.

*sighs*

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ojukwu Made The Unity Of Nigeria Possible – Ribadu! / PHOTO: Nigeria Accident Victims VS. American Accident Victims / David Mark Loses Seat For The First Time In 16years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.