Stats: 3,194,211 members, 7,953,775 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:52 AM

Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? (6144 Views)

I Need A Bank Marketing Job / Bank Marketing Job Recruitment Exercise / Pls What Is D Salary Range Of Bank Marketing Associate (2) (3) (4)

Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by anitas: 3:01am On Apr 13, 2009
I'm in a fix now. Pls advice me:

I read engineering but work in springbank as marketer for 128k as monthly salary.

Now I got another offer in an indigeneous oil services for 100k monthly.

Pls advice your guy what you think is best.

Is it marketing in the bank or an engineer in an indigenous (one man biz) oil services?
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by Poj1(m): 6:07am On Apr 13, 2009
whatever your vision is for studying engeneering,the oil man job could set you on course to accomplish it,the bank job is good too, if you do well in the field you will rise very fast.
PRAY
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by Nobody: 6:38am On Apr 13, 2009
most engineers in banks hate it. . .

in the oil and gas job, you will be pursuing your profession, which is much more interesting  but - BE WARNED - the one man business is often an extremely lousy place to work . you work at all sorts of odd hours(granted this is like a bank) you may not get your salary on time (ogas cash flow problems become your cash flow problems), you may find yourself doing all sorts of menial jobs for oga and his family . you may  not get aa promotion/raise for a long time( one man biz peeps seem to think they are doing you a favour by employing you and that you should even pay for the experience.

one the other hand, if its a company with a lot of exposure etal, you could quickly pick up enough experience  and soon find yourself in a correct company. if you are not married, and not about to get married anytime soon, plus if you're Young and have not picked up what i consider to  those self destructive  big boy habits that plague bank workers ( weekend clubbing, keeping an image buying expensive designer goods.car/electronics with 'soft loans/ friendly credit facilities'  you should be alright.

it may not be feasible, but try to find out about this company. maybe even talk to some of the employees. do they seem bitter? if you cannot see a guy three/four years ahead of you in a position/status/level  comfort you aspire to in the future, that is often a warning on its own. you can also try to find out about the oga. does the man chase women? is he a flashy person? does he have a personal project that is eating up income? these questions may seem a bit too extreme, but its a one man biz we're talking about here, where ogas rarely draw a distinction between their staff and the business. an oga with a high maintenance wife/habits, will often fund them before attending to employees needs, you may find yourself picking up oga's small girls, you may find that oga is living the life while the staff are living like paupers. . .

in the end. . .like i said. . .if you have no ties, or if you do and madam is also earning good money . . .go for it! don't waste those five years of engineering as a paper pusher in some dull bank where you do the same thing everyday!

ps - i just saw the marketing part . ol' boy. . .its tough enough for those scantily clad hot chicks in marketing to meet targets - a guy in marketing . . RUN!!!
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by Finecat(m): 7:05am On Apr 13, 2009
anitas:

I'm in a fix now. Pls advice me:

I read engineering but work in springbank as marketer for 128k as monthly salary.

Now I got another offer in an indigeneous oil services for 100k monthly.

Pls advice your guy what you think is best.

Is it marketing in the bank or an engineer in an indigenous (one man biz) oil services?

In as much as i don't believe this story i'll only tell you this. You must be crazy if you choose the bank offer. There is no job security at the banks, especially spring bank. most banks are in financial mess but they won't reveal the truth. a word is enough for the wise, go for the oil company and broaden your horizon.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by FBS: 7:18am On Apr 13, 2009
Truely a fix it is and not an easy decision to make.
Pray about it.

PS: I'd chosen the Oil company sha.  wink

God help us.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by AjanleKoko: 8:16am On Apr 13, 2009
Good choice.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by server34(m): 9:13am On Apr 13, 2009
Finecat:

In as much as i don't believe this story i'll only tell you this. You must be crazy if you choose the bank offer. There is no job security at the banks, especially spring bank. most banks are in financial mess but they won't reveal the truth. a word is enough for the wise, go for the oil company and broaden your horizon.

Why don't u believe? . . . and the poster is not crazy! Every1 has a right to their opinions.

@ Poster . . . . I'd go for the Engineering Company offer.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by toosoon(m): 10:22am On Apr 13, 2009
pick up the offer of an engineering job even if it is 80k, when you start going to rig you will earn more.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by bsanya(f): 10:25am On Apr 13, 2009
i read marketing and i know how challenging it is. pls go 4 the enginerring offer so far is ur area of discipline. all the best in ur career
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by gnachu1: 10:38am On Apr 13, 2009
Hi,
may i ask a question where you forced to read Engineering at School if yes then continue with the bank if no go with the Engineering job. It is better to work at where you will be comfortable with than to work at a place because of the money.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by AmAlone: 10:50am On Apr 13, 2009
Guy the truth is that you know indeed what to do JUST DO IT!
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by sholasys: 10:54am On Apr 13, 2009
It all depend on the buz operation and administration. I work in oil and gas , a servicing coy. and its a One man Business. We have good system in place. Viable HR, accting, admin etc. If the coy have a workable system and they operate on best practice and there QaQc is in tact pls go for the engineering Job. What are they providing ? what service do they offer ? Will you be going to the Rig (Platform), are u a field Eng?, which dept are u posted to (is it a place to gain experience ?)  Do they pay regularly ? .  Confirm all this b4 u leave Banking job. Do they promote yearly bc . Is the owner a politician ? Check the current staff, do they have cars? Do they have loan system for staff. In my coy u r entitle to .5m yearly as soft loan.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by Olaolufred(m): 11:22am On Apr 13, 2009
Kindly leave that your banking waste of time,
and pursue a career related to your field of study.
QED
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by stonedlive(m): 11:26am On Apr 13, 2009
@poster
question, in which direction do you want your career to go,
do you have a passion for developing yourself as an engineer
do you see any foreseable future in the banking industry for yourself as an individual
, do you enjoy the prospects of work as an engineer or as a banker,
success always lies in our passions, so check where ur heart really lies,
cause everyone will profer answers based on their personal preferences which is not wrong anyway,
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by MrCrackles(m): 11:32am On Apr 13, 2009
Poster

What is the point of studying engineering in the first place?

If you can answer the above very well, then you will be able to make an informed decision on how to get yourself out of the quagmire!
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by akinalabi(m): 11:43am On Apr 13, 2009
Do you have career goals? You should know the line you
want to follow or is it about the money only?
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by cescjay(m): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2009
if the oil service job is a 1 man biz and its under 5yrs, then i will advice you continue with the bank job coz 9 out of 10 1 man biz fail under 5 yrs.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by FGD(f): 12:13pm On Apr 13, 2009
Money, Money, Money!
You personal & career goals in life should be the driving force; not how much u will earn now.
Think deeply & choose for yourself, if we help you choose, you'll be asking NLs a new question in a few months time.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by stankion(m): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2009
Guy, both jobs have thier risks, but u must check for the one that has a long-run effect, if u dnt do well in the bank marketing job, am sure u will be thrown away but the engineering job(depending on wat u are doing there) will certainly give u a lift to other opportunities even though one man's biz is risky. I will choose the oil firm job if it was me, the choice is urs.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by onaives(m): 5:05pm On Apr 13, 2009
my guy, the cardinal consideration here is to research into the oil company. the size of an organisation does not really matter as regards pursuing a fulfilling career. If oil servicing is your thing, then go for it. career fulfillment has a better weight than a fat pay package.

think thoroughly before you leap. there are other prospects in the future.

Luck
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by adebaxton(m): 5:26pm On Apr 13, 2009
My broz,
Just go for the engineering job that relates to your own field of study and by so doing that you can also set up your own 1 man biz in the nearest future as soon as you get the experience and also understudy the systems and ways of the owner of the company.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by dbaptist1(m): 5:57am On Apr 14, 2009
even tho d money is peanuts buta as long as it has 2 do wit ur field of study., my broda go for it and with wat bi've learnt its not easy bieng a marketer in d bank
there's one of them i know at my former place of workim in school nowhe offer's secretaries of bosses who have accounts with dem money to notify himeach time thier boss have any money to pay in2 his account so dat he can personally come and pick it up

is dat work?
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by soulamanne(m): 11:32am On Apr 14, 2009
the only prob i ve with the 100k oil serv thingy is it is one man.and check ur job roles against the salary and ur career plan b4 hoppin in.oil serv nowadays could mean anything oooo
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by opensource(m): 2:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
This is the best response to the question
if the oil service job is a 1 man biz and its under 5yrs, then i will advice you continue with the bank job coz 9 out of 10 1 man biz fail under 5 yrs.

I will advice you to do a thorough investigation into the one man oil business , because the early years (1-5)yrs is always very rough .
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by BlackUhuru: 2:20pm On Apr 14, 2009
What are your career objectives in the first place? If you could define and articulate your career objectives then you should be able to reach a decision without any of our inputs. grin grin grin
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by meta4(m): 2:23pm On Apr 14, 2009
@poster,
i understand your fix, but my advice is stay with the bank(marketing) for now, you can still be searching for a better oil and gas offer, my reason is not far fetched, since the one you got is a one-man business, i don't trust that kind of business to take that kind of risk on, since you have a stable job at the bank, make use of that while you search for a more suitable place other than what you've been offered.
a friend of mine happen to get an offer from a so-called one-man business in an oil and gas firm too, he worked over-time, worked above his position but never compensated and sometimes delayed salary until he got another place.
so please my take will be to stay with your bank while you get another offer, even better offer.
N.B. if you must take a risk, take a calculated one!
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by mayrho(m): 4:45pm On Apr 14, 2009

サイト制作
ドレス レンタル
アートメイク
高収入 アルバイト
高収入 アルバイト
アパレル 求人
アパレル 派遣
風俗
風俗
美少女ゲーム
ソープランド
出会い
デリヘル
すすきの ソープランド
新宿 ソープランド
千葉 ソープランド
埼玉 ソープランド
吉原 ソープランド
sod
バイブ
都内 キャバクラ 全額日払い
風俗求人 高収入
無料動画

Production Sites
Dress Rental
Make Art
High-income job
Apparel jobs
Apparel dispatch
Erotic
Erotic
Bishoujo Games
Turkish bath
Dating
DERIHERU
Soap Land Susukino
Shinjuku Soap Land
Soap Land Chiba
Soap Land Saitama
Soap Land Yoshihara
sod
Vibe
Daily payment in full cabaret club in Tokyo
Revenue customs jobs
Free Videos

@nhung wetin be the meaning of wetin u write it has no corelation with the topic
@poster omo u gas pray well cos whichever way you head it has its wahala but i pray u make the right decision
but, if were u which am not i'd follow my passion which i hope is what u studied in school if it was your passion anyway u turn be ready for the worst case scenario. wish you the very best
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by anitas: 7:29pm On Apr 14, 2009
I want to thank you all for all the ideas.advice,and suggestion.
Is good to have people like you around this forum,u are all wonderful and thoughtful.
I think I will take META4 advice,,
thnkx
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by ochukookorare(m): 3:02am On Apr 15, 2009
Pls i will tell you to choose the oil company.
Regards
Engr okorare ogheneochuko
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by caringchi(f): 9:11am On Apr 15, 2009
hi guys,
i believe the poster isnt in any fix, he/she just want the house to comment on his/her thoughts
enjoy the joke grin grin grin
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by cosmaria(m): 2:17pm On Apr 15, 2009
lukin @ d pay u'll surely pick d marketing offer but it up to u to determine to follow ur vision and course, u just can't tell how opportunities can still shine on u @ that on3e man oil company, pray over it after all.
Re: Bank Marketing Job (128k) Or Engineering Job (100k)? by meta4(m): 6:19pm On Apr 15, 2009
@ Anitas,
thanks for the appreciation, i appreciate it too, though everybody had their points which i believe were good and honest. keep it up guys.
i enjoy that we can help each other get out of difficult situations(decisions), thats what i enjoy about nairaland forum.
anyway, take care and all the best in your further search for your dream oil and gas or should i say engineering job!
'nough respect!!!!

Immediate Graduate Trainee Vacancy / UBA Aptitude Computer Test Info. / Sunrose Consulting Calls Interview!

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51