Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,191 members, 7,811,496 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 01:05 PM

12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship (24228 Views)

Different Kinds Of People You Will Meet In Nigerian Churches (Meme Collection) / Juju Found At The Front Of CAC Campus Fellowship FUOYE (pic) / Embargo Found In Front Of CAC Campus Fellowship-fuoye (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by daveP(m): 7:52pm On Sep 19, 2015
Campus Fellowship date way back half a century ago in Nigeria.

As its expansion is rapid, so also are the personalities, characters from all angles across the country. Many MOGs started from here and don't be surprised many more will still come from here amidst persecutions from different directions.

Here is a list of characters you'll definitely meet the moment you decide to join a fellowship, either as a fresher or as a full-student......

1) The Fiery Preacher: Usually a young man. When he mounts the pulpit, God's word become what it should be when in that situation-a two edged-sword. Sometimes you wonder why they don't just leave school and start a ministry, because many don't feel at ease with some of their 'doctrines' especially when at the end it's true. Such a young man(or a lady) catching you at the entrance to a club, hotel spells doom for you.

2) The Choir-Wannabes: This crew are so passionate about singing and have made up their minds of what they'll do once they get that coveted admission letter. The fact is they don't have the good voice to sing. They overlook that however. But imagine when they lead worship(faces squeezed)........ Thanks for doing that!

3) Time-Adherents: As you gradually go from one level to another, the urge to utilize time equally changes as well. They are one of the constant 'disturbances' to the excos of any fellowship simply because they have a valid argument. The way they leave once you share the Grace makes one wonder if its everyone they are fighting with.

4) 'Holy' Gossiper: Quite frankly, the ladies are known to own this category. But some guys fall under this category as well. You'll see them 'Chairmarking' for their Co-Gossiper(s). What do they even gossip about? From faults to beefs, etc within a fellowship. You wonder why i call it 'holy'? It because they never see it as a sin when they do so. The benefit of first hand info is usually with them. The moodswingers is a sub-group under this crew.

5) Latecomers: Ahhhh! When admonition, preaching is about to start, they walk in like nothing happened. Makes you wonder if that's all they come for. Some are warned until the President is tired of doing so. Mind you, they even live within the fellowship area. Despite that, they come late. And who observes they dress breathtakingly as well?

6) Always-singing: This crew always get on my nerves personally. They so love singing that if its Opening prayer-they sing. Praise and worship-they sing, Prayertime-singing, Binding demons, principalities-still singing!! I wonder if all one came to do is singing. But once they say pray, please do so. (one accord has only one meaning)

7) S.i.T: The speaking in tongues crew is the oldest in any campus fellowship in this country. They can make you afraid by the non-stop speaking in tongues. It however does'nt guarantee them an 'all holy' status, as SOME of them still do 'odd things' during school hours.

cool Toasters: Guys are most guilty. They track a particular sister and constantly pester her while she in return evangelizes to them, all to deaf ears. I learnt some fellowship leaders tell the ladies to use it to 'bring in souls'/their advantage. Dont be surprised if Kunle or I.k attends 5fellowhip meetings in a month.

9) Sister and Brother in the Lord: They are an example by their individual lifestyles. Calm, collected and exemplary. Makes you want to know more about them. They never compromise on and off campus. Every interstate program is/are always attended by them. Under this crew, you'll meet the true core of a campus fellowship. Only you get tired of their constant talking about the Bible after sometime if you are'nt the patient type.

10) The Introvert: They seem shy, and sometimes arrogant. They don't flow when everyone is. Sometimes only a senior member of an exco can make them express themselves before or after a meeting. The key to unlock this character, however is'nt farfetched.

11) Purchasers: They buy ANY book brought by any guest minister or the fellowship itself. Makes you wonder about the time they do read these books, especially when you know their schedule well. They also make you seem like you don't have cash to spare that moment.

12) i leave this spot open to suggestions and with explanations smiley

Happy Sunday!!

Compiled by DaveP

cc: Lalasticlala

21 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by zyzxx(m): 7:59pm On Sep 19, 2015
The dress to kill crew

7 Likes

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by boboLIL(m): 8:04pm On Sep 19, 2015
Odi nma...inweru oke time ohh op

1 Like

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by daveP(m): 8:22pm On Sep 19, 2015
zyzxx:
The dress to kill crew
i thought they'l be a sub-crew under the latecomers. That way, the notice me is fully tuned up

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by octopusfreaky(f): 8:48pm On Sep 19, 2015
hummmmmmmm
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by LogoDWhiz(m): 1:04am On Sep 20, 2015
The guys that come to church simply because they want to track a girl.
And those that come to church because a girl invited them and they want to impress.

Those that come to church for just 10 minutes.
Just to make an appearance and maybe to receive blessing.

Those that come to church only once and that's the sunday before exams

5 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by DebbyChris(f): 2:39am On Sep 20, 2015
The best dancers crew fa, those ones can dance for Africa.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by prodiG(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2015
The sleepers

10 Likes

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by veekid(m): 8:52am On Sep 20, 2015
Na tru sha
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by 5starmilitant: 8:53am On Sep 20, 2015
True talk.......... Some last Sunday before exam, to bless their writing materials.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Vock(m): 8:54am On Sep 20, 2015
I just don't know what to make of this list, I don't if it's me or something else, like it seems so irrelevant, what knowledge did I gain or what should I do with it

2 Likes

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by petux(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2015
Op see ur life awtsyd.... na characters u go worshiip
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Bsc(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2015
Info so real

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by NotNairalandi(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2015
(13)THE BORN-AGAIN PROSTITUDES:boys and girls fall under this category.for the boys,they are the holy moses.come to their department and hostel they are known as pastors but in other campuses they have numerious girlfriends.for the girls,they don't pretend to be mother mary but they don't miss any campus fellowship only in the day time because in the night they are in one hotel or the other with either their boyfriend or suger daddy.they don't allow any man to visit them either in their hostel or school.......wetin God go judge plentii grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by lekjons(m): 8:55am On Sep 20, 2015
12. The Observers;
people like op..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Nobody: 8:55am On Sep 20, 2015
5starmilitant:
A
Bsc:
K
NotNairalandi:
G
lekjons:
a
even on sunday morning cheesy grin

2 Likes

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Leyemoshood: 8:56am On Sep 20, 2015
grin
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by daveP(m): 8:56am On Sep 20, 2015
LogoDWhiz:
The guys that come to church simply because they want to track a girl.
And those that come to church because a girl invited them and they want to impress.

Those that come to church for just 10 minutes.
Just to make an appearance and maybe to receive blessing.

Those that come to church only once and that the sunday before exams
why did i forget the bolded? Its always then that you know the true population of any fellowship!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Omotayor123(f): 8:57am On Sep 20, 2015
The mummy G.O 's Awon Iya Ijo a. K. A. Mummy in the Lord grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by daveP(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2015
DebbyChris:
The best dancers crew fa, those ones can dance for Africa.
they can make you think you arent praising God very well. Do you belong to this crew? smiley

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by passionate88: 8:58am On Sep 20, 2015
Campus fellowship ke? . Where most girls go to get boy friend's, they fu:c:k themselves. hypocrite.

2 Likes

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by okooloyun1(m): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2015
Ok
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Jamean(f): 8:58am On Sep 20, 2015
The ones that will be walking all round campus speaking in tongues. They even have a cabal and they greet each other in tongues. angry

They won't read their books and end up with poor results.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by datola: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Christianity at the level of campus fellowship is more real than we have in the outside world.

I miss early morning cry by the Deeper Life; love by CLF and BLW; fire prayer by CACSA, glorious music by CASOR; academic excellence by Exploit Maker and a bit of everything by largest campus fellowship, RCF.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by passionate88: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Introverts are not arrogant
10) The Introvert : They seem shy, and sometimes
arrogant. They don't flow when everyone is. Sometimes
only a senior member of an exco can make them express
themselves before or after a meeting. The key to unlock
this character, however is'nt farfetched.

9 Likes

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
This can only happen in america.

Man in "No, seriously, I have drugs" shirt charged with drug possession.
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by kay29000(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
hmm
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Nobody: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
10. Introvert... What am i doing in dis church sef.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by kazmanbanjoko(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Jamean:
Hjj
are yu going to hajj

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Beno3: 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
True Talk.
Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by Demmocrats(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Once in a month fellowship attendant grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 12 Characters You'll Meet In Any Campus Fellowship by nephemmy(m): 8:59am On Sep 20, 2015
Time to go to church...dont wanna be late. tongue

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Elections Will Be Free And Fair – Pastor Kumuyi / Can I Believe God But Not Jesus And Still Make Heaven? / Is It Normal To Pray Before Sex?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.