Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,326 members, 7,815,640 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:46 PM

***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** (1355 Views)

Moved Back To Nigeria.. Miss The States..help Me / Bringing My Spouse To The United Kingdom / Immigration To The US: Which Of The States Is The Best Place To Settle Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by Chib4u: 1:13pm On Apr 13, 2009
Hi people,
I really do need ur advice on this one people. I intend to bring my wife over to the states and i've been advised to file for the fiancee visa (K-1) because it is faster (apparently it would take about 6 months) instead of the normal spouse immigrant visa which i know takes ages.
My only problem is, i know when it comes to Nigeria this embassies tend to set one stupid rule for us and treat us like criminals. So i would like my fellow Nigerians to help me out especially people who have filed or know people who succeded in getting their love ones over here with the fiancee visa and how long did it take from the date of filling till the date he or she got her embassy appointment(interview)/Visa.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by bintab(f): 10:13am On Apr 15, 2009
I met some couple who spouse filled on the k1 visa,  usually takes about 3 months if you have all the the requirements, you should visit the USA IMMIGRATION WEB SITE, INS .GOV. You will get all the informations you need. Cheers.
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by Kermitt: 2:26am On May 02, 2009
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by jonyjay(m): 11:54pm On May 02, 2009
sorry, u cant file k-1 visa once u are married.
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by Chib4u: 10:36am On May 03, 2009
yes i know. Am just gonna file as an unmarried man. thanks for the advice.
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by kenforum(m): 9:25pm On May 09, 2009
Hello Chib4u,
The best and fastest way to bring your wife to the States as far as i am concerned is to register her as a World Citizen and get her the World Citizen travelling documents (The World Passport, World Birth Certificate & World Identity Card,The International Exit Visa & Residence Permit,USA Visa and Entry Clearance).With all these,she will get to the States with ease and smoothly.If you are interested in getting these,please call:0805277461 or 08037060650.
Good luck.
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by promise72(m): 1:33am On May 10, 2009
kenforum:

Hello Chib4u,
The best and fastest way to bring your wife to the States as far as i am concerned is to register her as a World Citizen and get her the World Citizen travelling documents (The World Passport, World Birth Certificate & World Identity Card,The International Exit Visa & Residence Permit,USA Visa and Entry Clearance).With all these,she will get to the States with ease and smoothly.If you are interested in getting these,please call:0805277461 or 08037060650.
Good luck.

Dont fall for that world citizen stuff. You will still need a US visa either way. You will need to appear at the embassy. I am not sure if they recognise the passport. You will be turned back!

Everyone will be in US by now.
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by Okejazz(m): 1:50am On May 11, 2009
The K1 visa is a much faster way to bring your wife over. However, it would take much longer to obtain a working permit than the immigrant visa.
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by Chib4u: 6:48am On May 11, 2009
@Okejazz How long do you think it would take? Although most importantly i want her to come over work or no work. Cheers
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by justwise(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2009
kenforum:

Hello Chib4u,
Good luck.

U are a thief, nothing like WORLD CITIZEN passport or visa. Now i know how wicked and heartless u are.
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by Scooby1(m): 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2009
kenforum:

Hello Chib4u,
Good luck.

@kenforum, if you have the information why dont you tell him on the forum! Why does he have to call you? Bloody fraudster
i know xmas is round the corner, nobody will fall for your scam, u will do without the xmas goat this year oloshi angry angry angry
Re: ***bringing My Wife To The States, Need Your Advice Pls*** by Leftfoot: 7:53pm On Nov 18, 2009
Scoopy1  - you are right.  provide the information on the forum.  No need to call you.

(1) (Reply)

MAN TO MAN HAVING SEX / American Life / Nigeria Not Among Banned Countries To US

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.