Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:38 AM

Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! (33975 Views)

Lady Becomes Homeless After Sowing Her House Rent As Seed To Pastor / Abel Damina Warns Against Seed Sowing: God Doesn't Multiply Money, Hardwork Does / For Husbands And Fathers' Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by obiak4(m): 4:22am On Sep 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

Falconey, your truth is noted and duly discarded. No offence pleasesmiley

The truth lives in me.
I live the truth everyday.
I am one in being and in flesh with the truth.

There is no truth that I will be told now, that deep within me, I do not know already.
What anyone can do is to remind me of that which I have long forgotten.
chia this babe know all the TRUTH OOOOOO
but u know saya lai muhammed no dey talk truth?
Bae u cannot live ur life by ur own standard alone .........there must be check and balance cc.....burnaboy
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by obiak4(m): 4:31am On Sep 21, 2015
NinaArsenal:
If I hear say I sow seed for any man head. Tufiakwa
ask sister ngozi why at 32 no man dey come for marriage?
Because she wan shake menopause
if ladies keep forming hard to get in thier prime they must surely sow seed!
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by emperorchedda(m): 5:27am On Sep 21, 2015
predatorX:

Sounding like a GAY advocate embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
undecided
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 5:56am On Sep 21, 2015
MizMyColi:
The desperation to get married comes from a place of incompleteness, a sense of lack and a total disconnect from one's worth and value.

I will rather remain unmarried and keep on being the best I can be, while ensuring that I fulfil my life's inner purpose....than get hitched with someone who thinks he's doing me a favour.
To hell with that kind of mentality and God forbid!

Well, thankfully, that's not the casesmiley
wanted to say nice but realise all u wrote is just gibberish bullcrap

1 Like

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 6:08am On Sep 21, 2015
this post would have had more sense if it was written by a man.... Looks like a lady's tryin to diffuse her situation.
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by stinggy(m): 6:23am On Sep 21, 2015
Edusouls:
shut up,rejected women, stop covering up ur woes and ur shameful inability to get a man. if u aint married,u re just nothing in the face of God and man,continue to deceive urself's in ur own deceitful lives, end time women..
grin grin grin grin
I bet this your God will roast them in hell on the last day.
So many loosed nuts on NL...
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by GboyegaD(m): 6:25am On Sep 21, 2015
Jollyjoy:
agreed we shouldnt live our lives by other people opinions but their opinions to some extent are relevant,

yes you have the right to live the way you want,to upheld your own opinion irrespective of what people say but ask your self,are you ready to bear the consequences of your own actions?come to think of it,how do you even expect to live when the society wouldnt stop castigating,descriminating and passing all sort of demeaning remarks...

Most times,it not about setting standard for ourselves but coping with the set standards,just like the world is a stage and our actions are judged by spectators and those are people in our every day lives,without those people i bet our world would have been boring...

miss my point is if you in rome then behave life that roman,......

We all bear the consequences of our actions so why should we let others' opinions count?
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by SmartMugu: 6:30am On Sep 21, 2015
Reasons why some women will never get a man.
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by bobbyruffy(m): 6:32am On Sep 21, 2015
MizMyColi:
@JollyJoy

What matters isn't the end result, but the process.
Enjoy it.
So are you saying the end no longer justify the means?
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by babafirst(m): 6:45am On Sep 21, 2015
There is nothing wrong in sowing on a man but watch where you are sowing before you sow.Don't sow on a rock or among thorns.Sow on fertile ground and you will reap.And I agree marriage no be 'achievement' it is having a successful marriage that's an achievement.
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by SSpeter(m): 7:05am On Sep 21, 2015
ekemini606:

Quit being too strong, its not a woman quality.
Moreover no one talks about career when they are 50
You simply just look at your friends kid and wish you had given it more go.

You are giving work/career more meaning and importance than they where originally intended to have

bro u are so on point..

1 Like

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by GboyegaD(m): 7:08am On Sep 21, 2015
Jollyjoy:
are you serious Infact by the time you clock 29 and you are still single it then u will understand the true meaning of depression.

Those who are depressed are because they choose to be and are not fit for marriage. There is more to life than being addressed a Mrs.

2 Likes

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by GboyegaD(m): 7:11am On Sep 21, 2015
ekemini606:

Quit being too strong, its not a woman quality.
Moreover no one talks about career when they are 50
You simply just look at your friends kid and wish you had given it more go.

You are giving work/career more meaning and importance than they where originally intended to have

And those who got married and were unfortunate not to have kids will do what at 50
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by cococandy(f): 7:38am On Sep 21, 2015
Eugenedimgba:
this post would have had more sense if it was written by a man.... Looks like a lady's tryin to diffuse her situation.
Well the author is a man.
Does it make more sense to you now?
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by chubbypearl(f): 8:17am On Sep 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

Lol

Falconey, your truth is noted and duly discarded. No offence pleasesmiley

The truth lives in me.
I live the truth everyday.
I am one in being and in flesh with the truth.

There is no truth that I will be told now, that deep within me, I do not know already.
What anyone can do is to remind me of that which I have long forgotten.
Gbam!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by chubbypearl(f): 8:25am On Sep 21, 2015
MizMyColi:

Sis, it is true that we do not exist in Isolation. There are different opinions my dear. Some are positive, some are negative...You have the right and power to choose the opinions that are relevant to you.

I thank you very much for your honesty.
First, please understand that your life situation is different from your life.
Please also understand that you cannot continue to identify with people's undermining and demeaning remarks...else you will not make any head way.

I have taken up interest in politics.
There is hardly a day at least one person doesn't say things to undermine me and make me feel really bad about myself.
I have been called a LovePeddler, I have been called a bigot, I have been called FAT and Ugly, please name themgrin

But I made a choice not to identify with any of those....because that is not who or what I truly am.

Accept it or not, it does not matter what the world sees or thinks of me...what matters is what I see and think of me.

I am sharing this because I know that there are people who are out there who have one issue or another but aren't bold enough to talk about it.

If people have called you fat and ugly...If people have called you a perpetual bachelor or spinster....if they have labelled you unprintable names....WHAT IS YOUR OWN PERCEPTION OF YOURSELF?
You might not fully grasp it now, but that is what matters in the long run.

I understand your point my dear.
But what is the use of holding on to people's opinion if it doesn't favour me?
What is the use of holding on to negativity and pain which people try to drag me into when I can very much chose life, positivity and sweetness.

It is hard, but we need to understand that that first and foremost we exist for ourselves, not for people.

Yes, people will talk...
But this is life and it is what we make of it.

There is a spirit in you and I that gives us understanding of what is right and what is wrong. Though people's input are welcome, but you and I have the right to discard it if it does not resonate with that which is inside us.

I beg to disagree here.
That is a worldly mentality and I will not be part of it.

So because people shame those who have no job, who are fat and unattractive, who have one ailment or another and other negativities....then I should join the band wagon because that's what they do in rome?

No!

I will not compare myself to anyone.
I don't want anyone to compare theirself with me.
I am whole, I am complete. I am strong.
This is the reality of everyone else reading this too. How much of this you believe about yourself is what matters.
Remember, your life situation is different from your life. They are two different things.

That things are not the way you want them to be now is never a reason to think less of your humanity. Focus on the right person...Not the wrong people.
Let that which is within change that which is without.
I wish i could see you,hug you and give you a big kiss on your cheek and no,i am not a lesbian.you have just poured out the words from my heart,infact better than i could ever have said it.Respect babe!

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by MizMyColi(f): 8:30am On Sep 21, 2015
kisskiss
chubbypearl:
I wish i could see you,hug you and give you a big kiss on your cheek and no,i am not a lesbian.you have just poured out the words from my heart,infact better than i could ever have said it.Respect babe!
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 21, 2015
obowunmi:

You have no concept of what "societal norms" mean
I guess so!
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by DaGeneral(m): 10:28am On Sep 21, 2015
success9:
Confused OP.

It is okay to frown @ ladies sowing seeds to get married...but it certainly is not your business. After all, its not your money.

It is okay if you call the pastors thieves...but the bible does not frown against sowing seeds...and what is most important is these ladies having the faith that it will work. So how the pastors spend this money is also not your business.

But note, God is not mocked.

I don't know if calling your parents, siblings, friends, acquaintances and a random few the 'society' is totally correct...cos they are d ones that will ask u "when are u getting married"? One thing I know is...nature will call as time strolls by. At least, body must tell u its time.

The 'society' can't force u to get married but may remind u; can't tell u who to marry but is free to recommend; and can't tell u when u are ready...cos that has u written all over it. So leave d society out of it.

The message the OP should have preached: MARRIAGE IS NOT AN END in itself but A MEANS TO AN END.

What is today's problem? Misplaced Purpose.

People marry for all sorts of reasons...mostly wrong.

The woman is created as a help-mate to the man. What are women these days?
More pertinent, what are the men doing that the wives will help them with?

What role does time, ageing and the preference of men to young women has to do with this?

Gosh! The OP made it sound like women desperate for marriage are less than women. It is an INSULT to such ladies. It is a free world...they can crave for anything DESPERATELY but be careful that they marry a man of vision. Get education on what make him behave d way he does... Be a virtuous woman. Submit to him.

It is an order in the bible for the man to LOVE is WIFE. Provide for his home.
Abeg send me ur number jare.. u deserve mtn #750
I thought relationships/marriage was suppose to be mutual? how come it is seen as doing one party a favour?some ladies are just too annoyingly settings standards that even themselves are confused about (chasing the shadow and leaving the subsatance) while majority of the guys these days have egos that marriage in itself cannot contain.
Marriage this days has been so limited to the wedding ceremony,uncle/aunty if you are not ready to let some part of your die,jejely remain single.
A ripe fruit does not announce to passersby that it is ripe.u sow seed or u no sow seed o if u dont have the right perspective about the thing called marriage, u are on a long thing.

1 Like

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by joe4christ(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
free2ryhme:
cry
If only they could sit down and read their bible, if only.
Religion has made you a limited version of your full potentials. What a pity!
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by joe4christ(m): 2:28pm On Sep 21, 2015
priscaoge:
[size=14pt] All these grammar ↑ ↑ there shey na for husband abi? OK Kontinu undecided undecided

Make i ask sef, When did Marriage/Husband become a Ticket to Heaven? African mentality shaaaa lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Mizmycoli happy new year! It's been a long time I read Ur post! smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley [/size]

How Old are you, maybe you should rather wait, when you're in your mid to late 30s without a man, then you'd be in a better position to speak out of experience. Just an advice sha.
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by godson99(m): 3:08pm On Sep 21, 2015
MizMyColi:
"I'd rather be the prize you felt you deserved, than be the option you felt forced to settle for. If we BOTH don't feel blessed to have one another, then we shouldn't be together." ~Rob Hill Sr.
I wish most ladies think intelligently like u...kudos

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by free2ryhme: 3:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
joe4christ:

Religion has made you a limited version of your full potentials. What a pity!

read and study your bible
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by bezimo(m): 5:25pm On Sep 21, 2015
Any body were say our lovely girls should not desire to be married.May God punish that mouth with dumbness.While getting married is a beautiful thing, its so important to get it right and not just for the sake of been married or out of pressure. Its women who have been frustrated in their relationship that normally have or agree with the Op submissions. You cant be in a relationship with the right guy and not desire to be married to him.

1 Like

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by EreluY(f): 8:22pm On Sep 21, 2015
success9:
Confused OP.

It is okay to frown @ ladies sowing seeds to get married...but it certainly is not your business. After all, its not your money.

It is okay if you call the pastors thieves...but the bible does not frown against sowing seeds...and what is most important is these ladies having the faith that it will work. So how the pastors spend this money is also not your business.

But note, God is not mocked.

I don't know if calling your parents, siblings, friends, acquaintances and a random few the 'society' is totally correct...cos they are d ones that will ask u "when are u getting married"? One thing I know is...nature will call as time strolls by. At least, body must tell u its time.

The 'society' can't force u to get married but may remind u; can't tell u who to marry but is free to recommend; and can't tell u when u are ready...cos that has u written all over it. So leave d society out of it.

The message the OP should have preached: MARRIAGE IS NOT AN END in itself but A MEANS TO AN END.

What is today's problem? Misplaced Purpose.

People marry for all sorts of reasons...mostly wrong.

The woman is created as a help-mate to the man. What are women these days?
More pertinent, what are the men doing that the wives will help them with?

What role does time, ageing and the preference of men to young women has to do with this?

Gosh! The OP made it sound like women desperate for marriage are less than women. It is an INSULT to such ladies. It is a free world...they can crave for anything DESPERATELY but be careful that they marry a man of vision. Get education on what make him behave d way he does... Be a virtuous woman. Submit to him.

It is an order in the bible for the man to LOVE is WIFE. Provide for his home.

[size=18pt]What a display of arrant nonsense. Get educated (rather than certificated) to become liberated[/size]

1 Like

Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by NinaArsenal(f): 8:02am On Sep 22, 2015
Edusouls:
u re still a small girl., why contribute ur opinion to forum for the matured...
I great you ancestor
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by free37: 9:43am On Sep 22, 2015
Hmm ...
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 9:07pm On Sep 28, 2015
MizMyColi:

Bros.
It doesn't matter whether I am in my mid-thirties or not.

I know who I am.

I will not let myself be cajoled, blackmailed, oppressed, depressed or bluntly forced into marriage.

No sane person should!

but I'm right , that's the reason you speaking in this way .
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 14, 2017
yanabasee:
It baffles me how this girls think diz days!

Look, OP, if a man is worth keeping, then you should work hard to keep him....

A friend will say, if I work hard to ensure that my woman isn't gonna be taken away from me from other men... Then my woman should also work hard to keep me to herself so that other women won't take me away from her.

You ladies should ask Urselves questions... What kindaf seed are u sowing on ur man's body?

-Nagging seed?
-Cheating seed?
-Quarrelling seed?
-Imposing seed?
-Arrogant seed?
-Self Important seed?

Ask yourself!
brother, sorry 4 dragging u back to this post, just stumble on it. I don't /cant fight to keep a man. if a guy wants to b in ur life, he will stay without stress, but if he doesnt, if u like lie on d floor 4 him, he will still complain that u are not flat enough
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by doyinbaby(f): 8:20pm On Aug 14, 2017
FlirtyKaren:

http://www.lailasblog.com/2015/09/memo-to-desperate-single-nigerian-women.html
good write up.....however for matured single not to get desperate preach to those nairalanders who use every opportunity to mock popular matured single ladies (celebrities) I will not mention names.........funny enough some of these people that mock have matured single ladies,barren women,divorced women in their own families......while they hide behind an anonymous blog to mock popular matured single ladies ......PEOPLE mock matured single women at the slightest opportunity yet say they should not be deperate
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by bloodofthelamb(m): 9:11pm On Aug 14, 2017
MISS, I LOVE YOUR MENTAL STATUS ON THIS ISSUE!
Re: Memo To Desperate Single Nigerian Women: Stop Sowing Seeds For Husbands! by yanabasee(m): 11:34am On Aug 15, 2017
gloria34:
brother, sorry 4 dragging u back to this post, just stumble on it. I don't /cant fight to keep a man. if a guy wants to b in ur life, he will stay without stress, but if he doesnt, if u like lie on d floor 4 him, he will still complain that u are not flat enough

It's never about fighting to keep him... it's about knowing how to keep him...Doing what u ought to do to keep him.. Talk to him, make him listen to you, be sexy to him, create ways for fun aside sex...go to places together..have a sitout and mke the love grow..

Please don't let what other girls out there says to make you want to follow up on them... Most girls will do more than begging a man but will speak the opposite in the public or social media..

If your man is looking outside, there is somfin you're not giving him to look within...

If you carry this mentality into marriage, you might want to be changing husbands like napkins...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

"Amazon CEO, Jeff Bezos Is World's Richest Man & He Doesn't Tithe"- Daddy Freeze / "As In Gambia, As In RCCG?" By Pastor Ebun Olu-Adegboruwa. / The Six Catholic Seminarians Lying In State. Rip (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.