Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,684 members, 7,823,931 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:42 PM

GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! (8582 Views)

BVN : A Friend's Hilarious Experience At GT Bank With A White Man / NACCIMA Proposes Naira For ECOWAS Single Currency / Fake GT Bank Website......boys No Dey Smile (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by MERCADO(m): 5:56pm On Apr 14, 2009
well, as a member of this forum, i will likes to tell you that, gtbank cannot makes any charges on customer money without informing the customer involves. also, if you look at it very well, you can see that it, is the duty of the cis to tell you how the charges was made.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by darqly(m): 7:33pm On Apr 14, 2009
That u weren't INFORMED was either an oversight on part of the staff concerned or you just didn't read the small print. And customers tend to do that when they want what they want, then after they've calmed down their eye turns red and they're looking for who to sue.

GTBANK is still one of the few organizations that tell you this is Orange, and indeed its Orange, no blemish.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by ekoree: 10:32pm On Apr 14, 2009
Can you see why we are where we are. Some people are either too lazy to read or rather too dull to comprehend. Did I not make it clear that I was not told about the charges? Did I not state that I was told about the charge for d bank statement to which I agreed. Gt bank mouthpieces were too desperate that they could not see that I clearly stated that the debit notice came via text message 2 days later? What fine print was one loudmouth talking about ? Is the whole transaction not verbal ? You request for a letter, same is given to you. Guess some of the PR people are not even familiar with the mode of their bank's operations. It is this arrogance on the part of some of the staffers there that is at the root of their problem.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by superstar1(m): 12:31am On Apr 15, 2009
All ds 9ja people sweeping roads in uk,us n europe should learn to keep quiet attimes.if it was 9ja dat all those banks were collapsing like world trade centre we would have been listening to 100reasons while it wont happen in uk,us etcif u want to check ur statement without paying a dine ask 4 internet banking,at least u will pay 4 service provider n u will pay at computer centre 4 printing if u not priviledged enough to have a printer at home.r nigerian banks operating under the ame system as banks in europe or s.how many banks in d so called places can afford to 2 be providing power to over 200branches at ago using generator n diesel.see they will soon start collectn toll gates at banks self in as much as the govt does not provide the neccessary infrastructure, the operating cost will be passed to the customer as it is applicable to any biz.banks r not charity bodies neither r they ngos,they r ,eant to give dividends at the end of the year to shareholders who r also customers of the bank,they have to pay heavy lg,state n federal taxes N WE STIL XPect dem 2 be socially responsible.lets be reasonable herw,if u do not anything do not bother to ask 4m ur bank,if u have 2 be ready to pay 4 it.if u r not satisfied do not have an a/c wit any bank n nobody will do references 4 u.it is a amatter of choice.sincerely most of dis charges r being regulated by cbn datz y if u look at most banksofficial bank charges it hovers within d same range,i am not talking of scrupulous chargws o.mine is 9ja outside d country shd learn to keep the mouths shout on 9ja issue.if u r really concerned come bak n effect some charges,u pay 3 light watern others n when u get to 9ja again u will want it for free.pls lets wake up d days of awolowo (free dis freedat is over.i cant shout
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by Nobody: 12:50am On Apr 15, 2009
there's an option of getting statements via email which doesnt cost you anything

always find out charges before any transaction
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by Jerjens: 10:24am On Apr 15, 2009
2.5k for letter, bros i get u av not being chargegd for cash handling, let me educate u they charge for counting ur money then charge 5 per mil, then COT, then VAT then text sms, maybe for the comfirmation calls too. idiots
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 10:42am On Apr 15, 2009
darqly:

That u weren't INFORMED was either an oversight on part of the staff concerned or you just didn't read the small print. And customers tend to do that when they want what they want, then after they've calmed down their eye turns red and they're looking for who to sue.

GTBANK is still one of the few organizations that tell you this is Orange, and indeed its Orange, no blemish.
Thank you, pls tell them. grin grin

MERCADO:

well, as a member of this forum, i will likes to tell you that, gtbank cannot makes any charges on customer money without informing the customer involves. also, if you look at it very well, you can see that it, is the duty of the cis to tell you how the charges was made.
shocked  oh oh  shocked  abeg ask d poster, grin

nagari:

@ poster

i will advice you to open an account with Firstbank cos i guess they charge less,
grin grin grin
Thats true, It did not even occur to anyone in d house  shocked grin

Sexyuhlala:

@ IFELEKE , WORD.

@ Poster, u can just come here and start posting nonsense about GT Bank, l am sure you were told about the charges cuz thats what is done. Once you ask for a service to be rendered to you, you are told about the charges immediately and when its rendered, your account will be debited automatically. Hey, nothing comes free okay? You can try other banks and see what they charge, and l bet you will come running back to GT Bank. As regards your statement, you are charged according to the number of pages printed out.
grin grin
I love this, He is just trying to gain popularity in the house, He has not up to 90posts,
@poster I work With GTB and i know d standard.If u move ur account we r @ no loss cos "A drop out of a mighty ocean has no impact on the volume of the remaining water"  shocked grin grin

Jerjens:

2.5k for letter, bros i get u av not being chargegd for cash handling, let me educate u they charge for counting ur money then charge 5 per mil, then COT, then VAT then text sms, maybe for the comfirmation calls too. idiots
shocked shocked
@Jerjens.This is uncalled for, Who and who r d idiots?it seems as if u hv no job @all. grin
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 10:47am On Apr 15, 2009
@poster, Please which branch of the bank is ur account domiciled, i need to know so we confirm ur accusations, Honestly i will take it up from there, My yahoo IM is on my profile.there is nothing to hide , Let me have ur contact and perhaps a telephone conversation with u will be preferable, that is if u don't mind ooo grin grin
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by superstar1(m): 11:05am On Apr 15, 2009
All ds 9ja people sweeping roads in uk,us n europe should learn to keep quiet at times.if it was 9ja dat all those banks were collapsing like world trade centre we would have been listening to 100reasons while it wont happen in uk,us etc. if u want to check ur statement without paying a dine ask 4 internet banking,at least u will pay 4 service provider n u will pay at computer centre 4 printing if u not priviledged enough to have a printer at home.r nigerian banks operating under the same system as banks in europe or us.how many banks in d so called places can afford to 2 be providing power to over 200branches at a ago using generator n diesel.see they will soon start collectn toll gates at banks self in as much as the govt does not provide the neccessary infrastructure, the operating cost will be passed to the customer as it is applicable to any biz.banks r not charity bodies neither r they ngos,they r expected to give dividends at the end of the year to shareholders who r also customers of the bank, they have to pay heavy lg,state n federal taxes N WE STIL XPect dem 2 be socially responsible.lets be reasonable here, if u don;t need something badly do not bother to ask 4m ur bank,if u have 2, be ready to pay 4 it.if u r not satisfied, do not have an a/c wit any bank, dig a hole and keep ur money there and n nobody will do references 4 u.it is a amatter of choice.sincerely most of dis charges r being regulated by cbn datz y if u look at most banks, official charges hovers within d same range,i am not talking of scrupulous charges o.mine is 9ja outside d country shd learn to keep their mouths shout on 9ja issue.if u r really concerned come bak n effect some changes,u pay 4 light, water, gas and other amenities n when u get to 9ja again u will want it for free.pls lets wake up d days of awolowo (free dis freedat) is over.i cant shout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 11:12am On Apr 15, 2009
superstar1:

All ds 9ja people sweeping roads in uk,us n europe should learn to keep quiet at times.if it was 9ja dat all those banks were collapsing like world trade centre we would have been listening to 100reasons while it wont happen in uk,us etc. if u want to check ur statement without paying a dine ask 4 internet banking,at least u will pay 4 service provider n u will pay at computer centre 4 printing if u not priviledged enough to have a printer at home.r nigerian banks operating under the same system as banks in europe or us.how many banks in d so called places can afford to 2 be providing power to over 200branches at a ago using generator n diesel.see they will soon start collectn toll gates at banks self in as much as the govt does not provide the neccessary infrastructure, the operating cost will be passed to the customer as it is applicable to any biz.banks r not charity bodies neither r they ngos,they r expected to give dividends at the end of the year to shareholders who r also customers of the bank, they have to pay heavy lg,state n federal taxes N WE STIL XPect dem 2 be socially responsible.lets be reasonable here, if u don;t need something badly do not bother to ask 4m ur bank,if u have 2, be ready to pay 4 it.if u r not satisfied, do not have an a/c wit any bank, dig a hole and keep ur money there and n nobody will do references 4 u.it is a amatter of choice.sincerely most of dis charges r being regulated by cbn datz y if u look at most banks, official charges hovers within d same range,i am not talking of scrupulous charges o.mine is 9ja outside d country shd learn to keep their mouths shout on 9ja issue.if u r really concerned come bak n effect some changes,u pay 4 light, water, gas and other amenities n when u get to 9ja again u will want it for free.pls lets wake up d days of awolowo (free dis freedat) is over.i cant shout !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Interesting!!!! grin grin 9ice one here, i love this.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by JJYOU: 11:18am On Apr 15, 2009
superstar1:

All ds 9ja people sweeping roads in uk,us n europe should learn to keep quiet attimes.if it was 9ja dat all those banks were collapsing like world trade centre we would have been listening to 100reasons while it wont happen in uk,us etcif u want to check ur statement without paying a dine ask 4 internet banking,at least u will pay 4 service provider n u will pay at computer centre 4 printing if u not priviledged enough to have a printer at home.r nigerian banks operating under the ame system as banks in europe or s.how many banks in d so called places can afford to 2 be providing power to over 200branches at ago using generator n diesel.see they will soon start collectn toll gates at banks self in as much as the govt does not provide the neccessary infrastructure, the operating cost will be passed to the customer as it is applicable to any  biz.banks r not charity bodies neither r they ngos,they r ,eant to give dividends at the end of the year to shareholders who r also customers of the bank,they have to pay heavy lg,state n federal taxes  N WE STIL XPect dem 2 be socially responsible.lets be reasonable herw,if u do not anything do not bother to ask 4m ur bank,if u have 2 be ready to pay 4 it.if u r not satisfied do not have an a/c wit any bank n nobody will do references 4 u.it is a amatter of choice.sincerely most of  dis charges r being regulated by cbn datz y if u look at most banksofficial bank charges it hovers within d same range,i am not talking of scrupulous chargws o.mine is 9ja outside d country shd learn  to keep the mouths shout on 9ja issue.if u r really concerned come bak n effect some charges,u pay 3 light watern others n when u get to 9ja again u will want it for free.pls lets wake up d days of awolowo (free dis freedat is over.i cant shout
 what is wrong in someone complaining about charges they feel are not right?  must you guys reply every thread?
it may be hard for you to believe most naija banks are  over charging you.  i have a deposit account account i dont touch year to year.  i instructed the bank to credit the interest into a savings account. they decided it was in thier interest to transfer the funds into a current account  before transfering same to a savings account.  the  problem with that is they charge me COT for funds i did not take out of their systems.  why should i pay interest for money i didnt use?

it is your choice to stay where ever you are. stop insulting people. it is not a crime to live outside nigeria.

i hope most of you know you should not pay any tax to the nigerian govt if you dont reside in nigeria.

nethacker:

Interesting!!!! grin grin 9ice one here, i love this.
can you highlightthe part you find interesting mr banker?
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 11:28am On Apr 15, 2009
JJYOU:

can you highlightthe part you find interesting mr banker?
shocked shocked
@JJYOU, u dey ask me?Can't u read or rather u can read but can't unerstand, Perhaps too complex for u to comprehend.Just a question pls don't take it personal, Back to ur question[b]"The whole thing is Interesting"[/b] grin grin
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by JJYOU: 1:48pm On Apr 15, 2009
nethacker:

shocked shocked
@JJYOU, u dey ask me?Can't u read or rather u can read but can't unerstand, Perhaps too complex for u to comprehend.Just a question pls don't take it personal, Back to ur question[b]"The whole thing is Interesting"[/b] grin grin
did not have the priviledge of free education bros. so cant read and understand. english is not my first language too.

i hope you dont work for GT bank cos your posts/ pics is going to them to show how bad you are representing them online
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by Skywalker5(m): 1:59pm On Apr 15, 2009
Funny Nairlanders

Some 1 complained of what a bank did to him.

Another person is busy insulting Nigerians abroad on the same thread

Na dem put u 4 trouble ni?
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by JJYOU: 2:01pm On Apr 15, 2009
Sky-walker:

Funny Nairlanders

Some 1 is complaining of what a bank did to him

Another is busy insulting Nigerians abroad

Na dem put u 4 trouble ni?
that is NLders for you.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 2:08pm On Apr 15, 2009
JJYOU:

i hope you dont work for GT bank cos your posts/ pics is going to them to show how bad you are representing them online
grin grin grin

Hmmmm, Hw is it bad?Hehehehehehehe grin u surprise me ooo. shocked
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 2:24pm On Apr 15, 2009
JJYOU:

did not have the priviledge of free education bros. so cant read and understand. english is not my first language too.
  shocked
I love u JJ,  kiss u r fun to be with  grin , let's meet on YIM, mine is on my profile tongue
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by jpphilips(m): 2:44pm On Apr 15, 2009
[b]There has been a great  furore  concerning this post about who reads but comprehends and vice versa,
funny post

@ poster u said and i quote

Gt bank mouthpieces were too desperate that they could not see that I clearly stated that the debit notice came via text message 2 days later?

From this i can only deduce that you were notified after ur account has been debited in other words, you didn't ask of the terms and conditions in the first place or perhaps you wore a Santa Claus gown presumably, u thought the service is free,
you are the funniest person ive heard from

your case can be likened to a man that went shopping, picked clothes without looking at the price tag, when asked he simply replied '' i thought its free''

i still have to remind you that not every customer has need for a bank reference letter hence no need for a general notice
you only demand for one when you need it but thinking its free? lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
about the 2,500, its been the rate from time immemorial, hence  you may be a new customer

you said and i quote

''They had charged N1,100 for the bank statement. I had cause to collect same letter in the past. There was no charge. Nobody bothered to alert me to this new charge.

where have you been young man? you sound like you just woke up from a deep slumber, go back home and read the terms and conditions of current accounts and other account types with GTB contained in your account opening folder and Retract this clause of yours

I had cause to collect same letter in the past. There was no charge.

you go to the extent of making drafts, collecting statements and referrals and you don't expect charges? sorry to ask; re u an alien?

Gentleman, absolute necessity teaches you that you don't shop things you cannot afford,
also if you are about to go into any business endeavor, you ask of terms and conditions
because you ask of price before you shop but when it comes to banking transactions u think everything is free

lastly, you re trying to insinuate that you have been ripped off or something,who sends you text messages that he just robbed you? My dear, the banks with your ''Arbitrary'' charges like you call it don't send messages after the debit has been made bear that in mind.

GTB deserves an apology from you for casting aspersion on their integrity

[/b]
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by IFELEKE(m): 6:03pm On Apr 15, 2009
@Texas
It's always good to get facts straight before jumping to baseless assumptions.
Gtbank will never debit you for such services without prior notice of the charges involved (I dare anyone to quote me wrong with instances).
If this happens,You have the right to complain and it will be adequately treated.
The poster is just whining and he knows it.

Read and interprete my posts very well before you comment on them.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by ADEOMOLE(m): 12:03am On Apr 16, 2009
Whats in a template?

Open account holders page.

Click reference letter.

Edit

Print.
Four steps = $17
Its definitely stealing

Enough of Nigeria bashing. I guess banks all over the world like to make money from their customers.
In the UK, you can pay upto £30 for exceeding your overdraft limit but you would have been sent a letter telling about bank charges.
Lately, the government intervened and it has been reduced to about £12.

What GTB did if true is arbitrary. Its shameful, this action is common in most banks.

Seriously. The military did a lot of damage to our psyche. We call it Fire Brigade Approach.

Knowing or unknowingly, we have this military mentality. Take it by force.
Be it playing, conversing, praying or at work.

We believe things must be done in a particular way.

One thing i like about the white man is their CIVILITY
CIVILITY meaning the act of showing regard for others. Politeness is close.
They are so good at it, even though you are been sent to hell. You will be happy to go.

When you regard your customers, somehow they will always come back to you.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by Outstrip(f): 12:22am On Apr 16, 2009
Thank you. I did the conversion myself and I was shocked. You are very right about the mentality too. It is like someone getting abused but they feel that the abuse is justified because that is what they are used to. Another person says they think it is outrageous and the other people who are obviously okay with mistreatment jump in and try to tear him down. $17.00 for something that they should give you for free.

PS someone mentioned though that if you print it online it is free and if this is the case then every customer should also be told that and that is also if the online service is free because from what I heard you get charged to set up your account online also.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by ekoree: 7:52am On Apr 16, 2009
I feel sorry for these Gt bank mouthpieces. I never complained about paying for bank statement. Of course, u can print that online. The complaint is simple - I was clearly told about payment for bank statement. I consented. I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT THERE IS A N2,500 CHARGE FOR A LETTER. AND MY ACCOUNT WAS NOT DEBITED UNTIL 2 DAYS LATER. If insulting people with complaints is the best GT Bank mouthpieces can do, I wish them well. For the oga at Gtbank who wants to take this up, thanks. You can start by going to find out from your customer feedback system, as I did lodge complaints twice. Start by finding out why your customer service will not respond to a simple complaint by a customer.

I will not dignify the innuendoes and insinuations with a response. I guess some of these guys are too daft that there are a number of nairalanders who are silent bystanders, who don't post, unless absolutely necessary. The day our service providers realise they are not infallible and begin to place value on what a simple apology can achieve, that will be the day.

Thanks guys, for your contributions. Essence of post achieved. Peace.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by JJYOU: 11:33am On Apr 16, 2009
nethacker:

shocked
I love u JJ,  kiss  u r fun to be with  grin , let's meet on YIM, mine is on my profile tongue
oga,  thanks for the offer.  i will like to add that i dont hate you. this is nothing personal. i refer you to the reply  below. sorry i dont do chats online. this is the shoody practices nigerian banks do that get them in trouble overseas. i am an ex banker. nigerian and overseas so i am talking with a litle bit of inside knowledge. last year we discussed intercontinental bank some where here. i was excitted about them cos i am a nigerian. i was shocked when my wife told me they charge for running current accounts. i pointed this to the girl selling us the account her word was " oga what is a couple of hundred of pounds to you and madam".  that was not the point. the point was why do i need to pay for services i get free from other banks.

go check my previous post you will see i general defend banks but not on this one. nigerian banks charge too much and that is official. stop trying to defend the indefefencible. you are not preaching to the choir on this one bros.

ekoree:

I feel sorry for these Gt bank mouthpieces. I never complained about paying for bank statement. Of course, u can print that online. The complaint is simple - I was clearly told about payment for bank statement. I consented. I WAS NEVER TOLD THAT THERE IS A N2,500 CHARGE FOR A LETTER. AND MY ACCOUNT WAS NOT DEBITED UNTIL 2 DAYS LATER. If insulting people with complaints is the best GT Bank mouthpieces can do,  I wish them well. For the oga at Gtbank who wants to take this up, thanks. You can start by going to find out from your customer feedback system, as I did lodge complaints twice. Start by finding out why your customer service will not respond to a simple complaint by a customer.

I will not dignify the innuendoes and insinuations with a response.  I guess some of these guys are too daft that there are a number of nairalanders who are silent bystanders, who don't post, unless absolutely necessary. The day our service providers realise they are not infallible and begin to place value on what a simple apology can achieve, that will be the day.

Thanks guys, for your contributions. Essence of post achieved. Peace.

Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 12:13pm On Apr 16, 2009
JJYOU:

oga, thanks for the offer. i will like to add that i dont hate you. this is nothing personal. i refer you to the reply below. sorry i dont do chats online. this is the shoody practices nigerian banks do that get them in trouble overseas. i am an ex banker. nigerian and overseas so i am talking with a litle bit of inside knowledge. last year we discussed intercontinental bank some where here. i was excitted about them cos i am a nigerian. i was shocked when my wife told me they charge for running current accounts. i pointed this to the girl selling us the account her word was " oga what is a couple of hundred of pounds to you and madam". that was not the point. the point was why do i need to pay for services i get free from other banks.

go check my previous post you will see i general defend banks but not on this one. nigerian banks charge too much and that is official. stop trying to defend the indefefencible. you are not preaching to the choir on this one bros.

Good one though.Don't u think the onus is on CBN to properly implement monetary policies as regards service charges?I think attention need be paid to dat?What do u think?
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by jpphilips(m): 12:17pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ outstrip

u said and i quote

[b]
Another person says they think it is outrageous and the other people who are obviously okay with mistreatment jump in and try to tear him down. $17.00 for something that they should give you for free.

Nobody is justifying the fact that a sheet of paper is worth 2.5k
but if you listen to the undertone of the poster, he simply felt cheated because he
claimed oblivious of the situation;
and that was what i tried to clear in my post abinitio

you think it should be free because u re in the states what if you were not?
GTB themselves cannot justify it either, but unfortunately that was the hand they started with and it's not  compulsory to ask for a reference letter.

you and your cohort ADEMOLE think it shouldn't be so, personally, i share your sentiments but the market remains GTB's but patronage remains your choice.

stop telling us its SUPPOSED TO BE FREE
what is SUPPOSED about it simply because America does it that way
the same way American banks charge low interest rates while our locals charge high,
the same way America does voluntary conscription and Nigeria does compulsory,
the same way New york has trains and Lagos has Okada,
the same way America has a hanging bridge and lagos has third mainland,
the count is endless

just say you prefer the other society not that you can juxtapose the both.
i think this doesn't call for vituperation because in the same vain, a lot of people re languishing in jail simply because they claimed ignorance of the law

@ poster

when you base all your arguments on ''I WAS'NT TOLD'', ''I WAS'NT TOLD'', someone can easily come from ''YOU DIDN'T ASK, ''YOU DIDNT ASK''

worse still, keep ur funds @ home, when you need a reference letter, you go to the shrine and get one free grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin[/b]
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 12:34pm On Apr 16, 2009
@jp phillips,
Pls tell them oo
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by gReenmAn(m): 2:36pm On Apr 16, 2009
when you base all your arguments on ''I WAS'NT TOLD'', ''I WAS'NT TOLD'', someone can easily come from ''YOU DIDN'T ASK, ''YOU DIDNT ASK''

I just have to say my piece on this.
The issue raised by the poster was very clear, at least to some of us;
1. He had previously enjoyed a similar service without any charge
2. He was informed up font about the charges for the statement request

The question is; why would the bank staff be selective about the information to give? This is more than mischief, it is daylight robbery!
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by gReenmAn(m): 3:12pm On Apr 16, 2009
cost of paper = (qty in ream) 500 / (cost of ream) 450 = 1.1
cost of toner impression = (cost of toner) 12,000 / (qty printable with toner) 15,000 = 1.25
over head absorbed @ 5 % of actual cost = 5% of 1.1 + 1.25 = 0.1
actual cost of producing the letter = (sum of all above) 1.1 + 1.25 + 0.1 = 2.45!
TWO NAIRA FORTY FIVE KOBO is the actual cost of that bleeding letter. shocked
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by jpphilips(m): 3:22pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ greenman

The question is; why would the bank staff be selective about the information to give? This is more than mischief, it is daylight robbery!
[b]

as far as i am concerned, do not use the word [color=#990000]SELECTIVE

What are they selecting?

don't you know what a reference letter is?

Haven't you seen pple that have operated their accounts for Ages yet they don't even know what a reference letter is?

or you think say na check book?

when u re travelling or you are pursuing a big contract or whichever reason you need one

go to your bank and you are given, what i expect the bush man to do is to ask of terms and conditions

let me give you a clear example, when a marketer comes with his account opening form, he preaches abt his packages you now ask of interest, ask of charges ,ask of flexibility, ask of  minimum balance before you open an account right?

then 2yrs later this same LETTUCE of a man walks into the same bank asks of a reference letter without asking of terms and conditions does it make sense?

he is indirectly telling us he is illiterate in other words i should sympathize with him and begin to pay his school fees, that's RUBBISH

if you don't have need for it, they don't force you to get one

the bush man went there and thought it was tissue and used it to wipe his arse now he is buying sympathy

if you have collected formerly, and they didn't charge you then better go back and give them a refund becos no bank, i repeat no bank in Naija gives it for free.

sometimes a lot of things baffles me

you buy a car no matter how expensive you still fuel it
you stay in your house, u pay utility bills
you shop, you pay
when it comes to bank that keep your money and create convenient ambiance for you to get it any day any time irrespective of amount for God knows how long
then you want it free!!!

what happened under your bed? you could ave kept your money there for free since u have paid rent

make no mistakes, i am not in support of hideous charges after all one bank wanted to try it with me @ this critical time and i took my money before they could say Amen!!!!

but what i strongly displease are these adult delinquency and corperate Radicalism that i am  beginning to perceive on Nairaland

you could ave asked your inlaws to give you your wife free grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

osho free, polemic illiterate[/b][/color]
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by ADEOMOLE(m): 3:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ phillips is in another world.

You sound very comical.
enjoy.
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by jpphilips(m): 4:04pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ ADEOMOLE

[color=#990000]
[b]Conditioning!!!

@ Phillips thinks the bank is doing us favours.

Who is important? the cutomer or the bank.

Before GTB were customers and probably after their demise there will still be customers.

We have been conditioned to take absolute junk of a service
And smile with it.

@ Phillips you are not alone. I only wish you could see it from another point of view.

who is conditioning you?

u see it appalling because you stay in the states, but using United states as a yard stick for what is right and wrong is obnoxious

suggest for yaradua to join the war in Iraq because America is there

like i said earlier, i hate the fact that such services are expensive but you can not do shit

if i have an account there and i am not satisfied with that, i wont ask for one, if its so pertinent,

i will move my account to a place where it is cheaper and let them be

its their business after all nobody decides for me my quotations, if you like you give me the job, if you don't like we shake and we echo

ITS NICE DOING BUSINESS WITH YOU
[/b][/color]
Re: GT Bank And Arbitrary Charges: 2500 Naira For A Letter! by nethacker(m): 4:20pm On Apr 16, 2009
@Adeomole and phillips, o boy una don scatter this thread with grammar shocked grin, I tire for ur grammar oooo, Let's embrace peace in da house pls, wink cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Plantain Chips Packaging / Keystone Bank Names Transition Board / CBN, Banks Set August 1 To Publish Serial Debtors’ List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 128
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.