Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,353 members, 7,822,670 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:50 PM

Women On Men Wears. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Women On Men Wears. (3022 Views)

Pregnant Bride Wears Yellow In Anglican Church Wedding (Photo) / Do God Impose It On Men? / Women On Trousers In The Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women On Men Wears. by marvisken: 10:10am On Apr 14, 2009
I am a christain but i did not know the bible real well. About two days ago i heard a pastor preaching at a motor park that its not biblical for women to wear mens wears like trousers, he even went as far that is a sin for women to apply lipsticks,eye shadows,were i stays ladies does these things alot even out of 5 women you see on the road 4 are putting on trousers,and they also wear these trousers to church.If its wrong would they wear it ti church,please i want candid contribution if realy its wrong and reference from the scripture, because i have a girl friend that has never worn a female dress except trousers since we ve known.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by eghosaobas: 11:08am On Apr 14, 2009
are you sure is not biblical for women to wear trousers?they wear it to church,women mount pulpit and preach on trouser and women also sing on trouser. I am confused too. But i believe its biblical if not women of God will not be wearing it.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by marvisken: 6:13pm On Apr 14, 2009
Yes thats what we are trying to look at,if its biblical.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by iwefactria: 9:01pm On Apr 14, 2009
how do we even know if trousers are even really meant for men not women ?because frm the little undastdin i have, bible said men shd not wear wht belong to women and vice verse.The days of moses,joseph,naoh etc they tied rapper to there neck how come we know trousers belong to men?that is the question
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Lady2(f): 9:10pm On Apr 14, 2009
it is unbiblical for women to wear men wear and men to wear women wears.

Deut. 22:5 – “A woman shall not wear anything that pertains to a man, nor shall a man put on a woman’s garment; for whoever does these things is an abomination to the Lord your God.” While we are no longer under the legal canons of the Old Covenant, the New Covenant incorporates their holy principles. To that end, women should think twice about wearing pants, trousers and other articles of clothing that “pertains to a man.” Such clothing obscures her feminine identity and plays to a wicked society that wants women to usurp the authority of men.

Now the question is how do we determine women clothes and men's clothes as it is not always the same in every society?

lol@ But i believe its biblical if not women of God will not be wearing it.
It is unbiblical for these women to be preachers, and u expect them to know that it is unbiblical for them to wear men clothes? If they cannot tell that they shouldn't be preaching, how do u expect them to tell that they shouldn't be wearing men clothes?

1 Cor. 14:34-35 – “the women should keep silence in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be subordinate, as even the law says. If there is anything they desire to know, let them ask their husbands at home. For it is shameful for a woman to speak in church.” Notice that Paul says women should be silent in churches “as even the law says.” In verse 37, he reiterates “what I am writing you is a command of the Lord.” Paul is explaining that forbidding women to speak in church is a divine command from Almighty God (and not sexist or culturally motivated).

1 Tim. 2:11-15 – “Let a woman learn in silence with all submissiveness. I permit no woman to teach or to have authority over men; she is to keep silent. For Adam was formed first, then Eve; and Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor. Yet woman will be saved through bearing children, if she continues in faith and love and holiness, with modesty.” Paul is emphasizing the woman’s primary role as the giver of natural life, just as a man’s primary role is the giver of supernatural life. Again, Paul bases his teaching on God’s order of creation.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by kenny888: 9:42pm On Apr 14, 2009
Its realy wrong for women to put on men wears. Some of them dont only go for men trousers but the ones that are seducivily tight, showing all the vital and sexy figure. With this they even make men to sin the more.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by realpastor: 2:56pm On Apr 15, 2009
You can choose not to look at someone else's bottom and to admire their sexy figure. And is a sin for a woman to put on a man's clothings.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by eghosaobas: 4:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
If its unbiblical for women to wear men wear,why are most women of God both ln Nigeria and abroad wears trousers to church?
Re: Women On Men Wears. by bawomolo(m): 4:26pm On Apr 15, 2009
it is unbiblical for women to wear men wear and men to wear women wears.

are scots who wear kilts sinners?

can't their be unisex clothing?

Literal interpreters of the Bible have issues.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Lady2(f): 8:22pm On Apr 15, 2009
If its unbiblical for women to wear men wear,why are most women of God both ln Nigeria and abroad wears trousers to church?

How does the actions of people determine what is biblical? It is unbiblical to have sexual relations outside of marriage, but even men of God do it, so does that mean it has become biblical for sexual relations to happen outside of marriage?

Women do it because of the error of society, not because it is biblical. It is wrong for women to wear men's clothes. Now the issue is how do we determine what are men's clothes and what are women's clothes, as seeing that it is different in different areas of the world?
Re: Women On Men Wears. by marvisjoy: 10:56am On Apr 16, 2009
We share same name but i will talk from my own angle as a woman. 80% of my wears are trousers and i get good fitting whenever i put on trousers,realy how are we sure that trousers are for men because some men in niger delta tie wrappers, are we accussing them? The answer is NO. If we are to go to the scriptures,it was only mentioned in the old testament, there is no place in the new testament that its stated that women should not put on men wears. Just as we say that tithe was only mentioned in the old testament. So we can all wear what we feel its okay on us. If men feels wearing skirt is ok for them,let them wear,some men braid their head now and pierce their ears too. So we can all wears what we like.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by segyemaro(m): 11:24am On Apr 16, 2009
Marvis joy,is just that we dont have the power to re- write the Bible,if not we would have gotten alot outragious laws. So lets follow the true way.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by ttalks(m): 12:53pm On Apr 16, 2009
This is a completely overflogged irrelevant issue.

The simple fact is this:
The trousers men wear are men's clothing.
The trousers women wear are women's clothing.

Who on earth authorized trousers for men alone?

Where the man wears the trouser that is meant for a woman, he would be considered crazy,hence such can't and shouldn't happen.
Where the woman wears the trouser that is meant for a man, she would be considered to be out of her mind,hence such can't and shouldn't happen

Besides, trousers are easier to wear and handle for women when on the go as opposed to skirts.(mounting bikes,rising to elevated points,climbing,jumping or scaling obstacles)
So,all in all,this is a non existent issue.

The only things that should be issues in this respect are:
Are women being modest in the type of trousers they wear(form hugging,skin tight,body sculpting,panty/butt exposing trousers)?
Are women being modest in the type of skirts they wear(hip hugging, bottom enhancing,thigh grasping,short length,high slit skirts)?
Are women being modest in the types of tops they wear(cleavage revolution,bust gripping,see-through tops)?
Re: Women On Men Wears. by ud4u: 1:12pm On Apr 16, 2009
segyemaro:

Marvis joy,is just that we dont have the power to re- write the Bible,if not we would have gotten alot outragious laws. So lets follow the true way.

True talk,

But it is quiet unfortunate that they cannot re-write it, Duet 22:5 has said it all, so it is personal decision, whether you choose to abide with what bible says or do your own will the power is in your hands to decide.

But I advice you abide with what the holy bible has said.

Cheers.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by realpastor: 1:22pm On Apr 16, 2009
True talk,abide to what the bible says.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by realpastor: 1:30pm On Apr 16, 2009
Either a male or female trouserp a trouser is a trouser and its made for men only,lets forget about sentiment and face the truth, its not biblical for a female to wear a male wears. God bless you.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Eeyore(m): 3:37pm On Apr 16, 2009
People sef. Beats me why they insist on interpreting the bible the way they do.

@ realpastor,
In biblical times, men wore flowing gowns, not trousers. Try wearing a gown to church today and watch your pastor burst a vein. Besides, who classified trousers as men wears? Before the advent of colonialism, who wore trousers this part of the world?

& to quote you, "abide to what the bible says", do read down that portion of the bible and you will be surprised to find out that it is also a sin to practise mixed cropping, and to adorn garments without tassels. undecided undecided undecided

Now, I doubt if you do all that.

The truth is that the law was not given to everybody. It certainly is not for the christian. Remember, the book of Galatians proclaims a curse on anybody who does not keep every single law in the old testament. The question is, "Are you under the law?"
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Lady2(f): 3:48pm On Apr 16, 2009
@ ttalks.

u are the one closest to it.

the real question is how does one define men wears and women wears. it depends on ur culture and society
Re: Women On Men Wears. by realpastor: 4:14pm On Apr 16, 2009
Different interpretation,ha na wa for una o.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Dandas: 12:32pm On Apr 17, 2009
Lets stop deceiving ourselves.Ok.Women are not meant to wear trousers.For some that say how do u know that trousers are for men,let me ask them questions?.HOW DO U KNOW OR REGARD THAT SKIRT AND BLOWSE BELONG TO WOMEN?.I am a man,and how will you reagard me when you see me on the road wearing skirt and blowse?.Will you say that there is no place they mention that they belong to women alone?.Pls women wearing trousers is very bad.Worse still,tell yourself the truth,many of u(women) wore it to seduce men.some wear to to show their body shape and expose their private part,all to attract their customers(men).90% of women that wear trousers do so just to entice and seduce men.(They say to look good so that men can call them).Yet many of them will say na lie,but they know wat they are doing.Once again,lets stop deceiving ourselves,pls.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by gozzilla(m): 1:09pm On Apr 17, 2009
Dandas:
For some that say how do u know that trousers are for men,let me ask them questions?.HOW DO U KNOW OR REGARD THAT SKIRT AND BLOWSE BELONG TO WOMEN?.

dumb reply. In scotland to date men wear skirt its there traditional wear. oya talk to us now you know this,
Re: Women On Men Wears. by kenny888: 1:17pm On Apr 17, 2009
My brother you just said the truth. Last sunday i was in a church service, a girl sat in my front wearing a tight trouser showing all the sexy physique in her. To be candid i did not concentrate on what brought me to church,i kept on admiring her each time we were asked to stand,so its wrong for women to put on trouser.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by KunleOshob(m): 1:28pm On Apr 17, 2009
kenny888:

My brother you just said the truth. Last sunday i was in a church service, a girl sat in my front wearing a tight trouser showing all the sexy physique in her. To be candid i did not concentrate on what brought me to church[b],i kept on admiring her each time we were asked to stand[/b],so its wrong for women to put on trouser.
Are you sure you were just admiring her and not lusting after her?? grin grin grin
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Lady2(f): 7:11pm On Apr 17, 2009
gozzilla:

dumb reply. In scotland to date men wear skirt its there traditional wear. oya talk to us now you know this,

Not just in scotland, in Nigeria sef, men tie wrapper. In rivers it's the traditional wear, in edo it is the same thing for men. So I don't know what dude is yapping about. Women too tie wrapper. Even in the middle east, the men wear dresses, Jesus too, looking at the time he lived their wear were dresses. It was different from the women, and till date it is different from the women, so the question still remains what is men wears and what is women wears.
ppl it depends on your location and the culture of the people in that area.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by kenny888: 8:47pm On Apr 17, 2009
Yes kunle you are right what i had for her was LUST but it was as the result of her sedusive dressing.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Lady2(f): 8:51pm On Apr 17, 2009
kenny888:

Yes kunle you are right what i had for her was LUST but it was as the result of her sedusive dressing.

LOLOL, I'm glad you told the truth.
But I always say, women are not to lead men to sin, men are not to lead women to sin. We should all be modest in our dressing. If all will be protruding do not wear it.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by realpastor: 11:49am On Apr 18, 2009
Thats the real councel on this topic.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by ow11(m): 1:09pm On Apr 18, 2009
I say BAN all trouser-like clothes for women when all men caught tying wrappers and stripped to their boxers!!!

This is a completely overflogged irrelevant issue.

The simple fact is this:
The trousers men wear are men's clothing.
The trousers women wear are women's clothing.

Who on earth authorized trousers for men alone?

Where the man wears the trouser that is meant for a woman, he would be considered crazy,hence such can't and shouldn't happen.
Where the woman wears the trouser that is meant for a man, she would be considered to be out of her mind,hence such can't and shouldn't happen

Besides, trousers are easier to wear and handle for women when on the go as opposed to skirts.(mounting bikes,rising to elevated points,climbing,jumping or scaling obstacles)
So,all in all,this is a non existent issue.

The only things that should be issues in this respect are:
Are women being modest in the type of trousers they wear(form hugging,skin tight,body sculpting,panty/butt exposing trousers)?
Are women being modest in the type of skirts they wear(hip hugging, bottom enhancing,thigh grasping,short length,high slit skirts)?
Are women being modest in the types of tops they wear(cleavage revolution,bust gripping,see-through tops)?

I am amazed no one has put a rejoinder to this post, It seems when objectivity is brought to the fore. People generally tend to go for the irrational. All those with any iota of common sense should read this and get over themselves. Trousers have come to stay,so anyone having any trouble with them can move to Iran!
Re: Women On Men Wears. by segyemaro(m): 9:31pm On Apr 18, 2009
I hear you iranian.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Nobody: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2009
Iwe., nice replete.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by marvisken: 10:01pm On Apr 18, 2009
Lets handle dis issue biblicaly pls.
Re: Women On Men Wears. by Lady2(f): 2:12am On Apr 19, 2009
marvis ken:

Lets handle dis issue biblicaly pls.

GOOD LUCK

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Is The Meaning Of These Two Bible Verses? 1 John 5:16-17. / I Have Been Accused Of Being Rude And Angry. Am I Rude ? Of Course I Am / Does TIME Determine LIFE Or LIFE Determines Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.