Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,330 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:03 AM

2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year (1495 Views)

Did Paul Pogba Deserve the Young Player Award? / Christiano Ronaldo Wins PFA And Young Player Of The Year! / World Cup 2006 Best Young Player's Award: Who Will Take It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by tocdee(m): 4:21pm On Apr 14, 2009
Cristalz:

@Debo

Gabby was not yet 23 at the time nominations were made, which is why he didn't make the senior category.

As for Torres. . .he was out injured a number of times this season, wasn't he?

I don't think age was Gabby's problem, if I recall correctly, Ronaldo won it at the age of 22 and later at 23. As for Torres being absent, Giggs has had even less time on the field this season. However I admit Torres shouldn't be there due to lack of playing time and that's why I believe players like Alonso and Lampard would feel highly unappreciated.
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 4:26pm On Apr 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

BTW where is Sauron?

I need to square up to him on this! cheesy

Where is Sauron?? grin grin grin grin grin

I did not make up that list but if you consider it carefully, United players have the right to dominate the list.
No team goes 3 months without conceding having won 85% of the games within that period.
Van Der Sar, Vidic, Ronaldo, Ferdinand and Ryan Giggs all deserve to be on that list.

Giggsy's performance against Chelsea is strong enough to make him the PFA Player of The Year.
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Cristalz(f): 5:02pm On Apr 14, 2009
@tocdee
Okay then. . .means Gabby simply hasn't done enough to be on the list. Y'hear that, Debo?

Dunno what happened with your guys. . .guess Gerrard and the United boiz got the highest number of votes. As for the Chelsea boiz, that spell with Scolari really created a very negative impression. They have only themselves to blame for that. . .or they can go shoot Scolari grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by tocdee(m): 5:18pm On Apr 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

Giggsy's performance against Chelsea is strong enough to make him the PFA Player of The Year.

WoW! LoL! SoS!

Talk about a stus-changing 90 mins (or less) of a man's life! grin

Modric had an excellent game against Chelsea, so did Van Persie and Dempsey. They must be on another list. Hell, I could enlist for West Brom, have a blinder against Chelsea and voila! I'm on that list! Legend!
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by loyika(m): 5:24pm On Apr 14, 2009
This is the most useless list since the nigerian ministerial list to the senate? Giggs? Ronaldo!? FOR WHAT EXACTLY!? tongue

WHAT A TOTAL RUBBISH LIST tongue tongue Poo Poo on the PFA

tongue GOONER 89
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Cristalz(f): 5:28pm On Apr 14, 2009
Hey there,loyika. Are you trying to poo-poo on the PFA? I could get you some tissue grin

Who do you think should be on the list then, Rosicky? grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by loyika(m): 5:33pm On Apr 14, 2009
Definately not Divino or Giggsy

And besides, the PFA need to change their format of deciding when to get the votes in. stuff should be left till the season is almost over, as in with 2 or 3 games to go.

cool GOONER 89

P.s. Do you do "Home deliveries" wink
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Cristalz(f): 5:47pm On Apr 14, 2009
True, Ronaldo hasn't been as wonderful this season.  .  .Rooney woulda been a preferable choice.

As for leaving the votes till late.  .  .it's their award after all. Perhaps there will be sufficient complaints this year to make 'em have a re-think. Anywayz I'm sure other guys got nominated too, but it's just United's time. Those guys have worked hard, and VDS does deserve some formal commendation for setting a new record.

.  .  .home deliveries? sure.  .  .i've got a cute little delivery boy that'll be eager to meet a gaynner wink grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by MrCrackles(m): 5:57pm On Apr 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

I'd say:

Vidic
Lampard
Gerrard
Ronaldo
Giggsy
Jagielka

Johnny Evans should win Young Player Of The Year(by default)!!!!

Ah good to see u back! shocked cheesy

how the fuc,k does Johnny Evans deserve young player of the year?

And what is Giggsy doing up there? he has only been average all season and average player dont deserve a slice of the cake!

Dont start! grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 5:59pm On Apr 14, 2009
loyika:

Definately not Divino or Giggsy

And besides, the PFA need to change their format of deciding when to get the votes in. stuff should be left till the season is almost over, as in with 2 or 3 games to go.

I dunno why Ronaldo ain't getting his credits this season.
A midfielder that has scored 20 odd goals this season and topping the scorer's chart in the Premiership deserves a mention.
If Hleb, Lennon, Kuyt or Gerrard had pulled such feat off their hats, people would be snappy to put their names on the list.
The PFA list was put together by the votes of em professional football players(excluding teammates). . .
The players of Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea named Ronaldo on their list. . . .He is the only player that gives em the scare.

tocdee:

WoW! LoL! SoS!
Talk about a stus-changing 90 mins (or less) of a man's life! grin

Giggsy might win it whether you like it or not.
Players could vote for him as a honour to his services in the Premiership.
He is the only player to have scored at least one goal in every season of the Premiership and he is still waxing strong.

Modric had an excellent game against Chelsea, so did Van Persie and Dempsey. They must be on another list. Hell, I could enlist for West Brom, have a blinder against Chelsea and voila! I'm on that list! Legend!

I know it must pain you as a Liverpool fan to see Giggsy on this list with Fernando Torres being an absentee.
Have u forgotten his 'goal of the season' against West Ham??
The goal got us a vital THREE POINTS. Those are the kinda stuffs the voters would look into.
They would be wondering if Stevie Gerrard or Torres coulda that pull that off their hats at age 35. grin grin grin

MrCrackles:

Ah good to see u back! shocked cheesy

how the fuc,k does Johnny Evans deserve young player of the year?

And what is Giggsy doing up there? he has only been average all season and average player dont deserve a slice of the cake!

Johnny Evans deserves to be there cos he played a vital role in the defence unit that refused to concede a league goal for THREE MONTHS.
Giggsy is a true professional of the game. He has never bagged a RED CARD in the Premiership for 16 years.
The only player that has never failed yet to score a goal since the start of the Premiership.
Granted, he has been average this season but maybe it's about time his fellow professional footballers give him his credits.
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by MrCrackles(m): 6:00pm On Apr 14, 2009
Cristalz:

Brash

This is all PFA. . .the FA's not involved grin Relax.

Nah i dont believe it, the FA has a corrupt and overwhelming influence on the top people at the PFA hence OJORO on the highest order!

Dont cover up anything here, the only thing you are allowed to cover up is my dinner when i come back late from footy or work! tongue kiss

I am going to petition the FA and PFA, it is all a sham

The might as well pick the nurses and doctors at carrington plus Fergie's wife too
tongue
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by MrCrackles(m): 6:02pm On Apr 14, 2009
I can get my head round VIDIC to get nominated and win it, but RIO, GIGGSY and the other idiots shouldnt have even gotten a nomination!

This is bullshit, i am going to bring down this forum!! angry

I am going to tear down the PFA and FA headquarters tonight

Bastards
angry angry angry angry angry grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by loyika(m): 6:04pm On Apr 14, 2009
Nah!! Criz i would prefer you deliver it personally, i am allergic to boys!! grin grin

grin GOONER 89
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by MrCrackles(m): 6:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
loyika:

Nah!! Criz i would prefer you deliver it personally, i am allergic to boys!! grin grin

grin GOONER 89

U dey craze? angry

Criz deliver wetin personally?

Anyway i trust my Crizzle Nizzle Bizzle!

Loyal till death! ;
D
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by mukina2: 6:07pm On Apr 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

U dey craze? angry

Criz deliver wetin personally?

Anyway i trust my Crizzle Nizzle Bizzle!

Loyal till death! ;
D

wetin you chop angry angry
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 6:11pm On Apr 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

I can get my head round VIDIC to get nominated and win it, but RIO, GIGGSY and the other idiots shouldnt have even gotten a nomination!

This is bullshit, i am going to bring down this forum!! angry

I am going to tear down the PFA and FA headquarters tonight

Bastards
angry angry angry angry angry grin

It seems your missus added a pinch of 'caine in your coffee this morning.
PFA = Professional Footballers' Association. The poll was conducted and counted by football players.
It had nuthing to do with the FA. . . . . .Arsenal players are more scared of Ryan Giggs than Leo Messi. grin grin grin grin

Personally, i wanted Eboue to win it. cheesy
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by MrCrackles(m): 6:12pm On Apr 14, 2009
mukina2:

wetin you chop angry angry

U dey jealous? grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by mukina2: 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

U dey jealous? grin
no. angry i wan request for purge medicine for you tongue
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by loyika(m): 6:14pm On Apr 14, 2009
Muks ask am oh!!

"Crizzle Nizzle Bizzle!"

Wetin i no go hear again for NL grin grin

Soon he will be calling you; "Muks Nuks Buks" grin

Or[b] "Debo Nebo Bebo"[/b] cheesy cheesy

Oga sorry oh, i leave "Crizzle Nizzle Bizzle" for you oh!!

cheesy GOONER 89
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by mukina2: 6:15pm On Apr 14, 2009
loyika:

Muks ask am oh!!

"Crizzle Nizzle Bizzle!"

Wetin i no go hear again for NL grin grin

Soon he will be calling you; "Muks Nuks Buks" grin

Or[b] "Debo Nebo Bebo"[/b] cheesy cheesy

Oga sorry oh, i leave "Crizzle Nizzle Bizzle" for you oh!!

cheesy GOONER 89

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
you have come again grin grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by MrCrackles(m): 6:16pm On Apr 14, 2009
~Sauron~:

It seems your missus added a pinch of 'caine in your coffee this morning.
PFA = Professional Footballers' Association. The poll was conducted and counted by football players.
It had nuthing to do with the FA. . . . . .Arsenal players are more scared of Ryan Giggs than Leo Messi. grin grin grin grin

Sauron shut up!

I know what the PFA stands for, but what is obvious is that the idiots who voted have either been bribed by Man United or the FA or both together!

I know for sure, the FA has a major hand in this, hence my grouse with them and as for the muppets constituting the PFA, the bribe money will finish! grin tongue

Ryan Giggs, old grizzly bear who cant even run to save his life, all of a sudden he his in the pot for player of the year!

Fucking hell, Michael Kightly and Lloyd Dyer have been better all season than him, despite playing in a division below!
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by MrCrackles(m): 6:19pm On Apr 14, 2009
mukina2:

no. angry i wan request for purge medicine for you tongue

Nor come near me and my Crizzle oo! grin cheesy

And BTW Loyika, i can relate properly as per my fellow gooner, but anytin that ponces illegally around my Crizzle, will be panned! grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Sauron1: 6:25pm On Apr 14, 2009
MrCrackles:

I know what the PFA stands for, but what is obvious is that the idiots who voted have either been bribed by Man United or the FA or both together!
I know for sure, the FA has a major hand in this, hence my grouse with them and as for the muppets constituting the PFA, the bribe money will finish! grin tongue

Conspiracy theory again??
GAYnners are the same everywhere. . . . . .Buncha twats.

MrCrackles:

Ryan Giggs, old grizzly bear who cant even run to save his life, all of a sudden he his in the pot for player of the year!
Fucking hell, Michael Kightly and Lloyd Dyer have been better all season than him, despite playing in a division below!

It is the timing that should be questioned not Giggsy. . . .

As at the time players were voting, Giggs played a starring role in the victories over Chelsea, West Ham and Derby but it is the fact those games are so fresh in the memory, while many view it as an injustice that he never won the award in the 1990s, that has led to the calls for him to be given it, rather than because he has been the season’s best player.
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Cristalz(f): 7:06pm On Apr 14, 2009
Hey,hey, hey Brash!! What's up with you? I'm not your ''Crizzle bla bla'',k? grin Now get a grip and quit venting tongue

Perhaps Arses will get nominated in 2011 cheesy

@Muki
  Come and check your fellow Arse o.  .  .I think hez running a temperature grin
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Dotman01(m): 1:00am On Apr 15, 2009
Giggs and Van Der Sar quite obviously didn't deserve nominations. Ferdinand probably didn't either. Rooney's been much better than all 3. Vidic has been the best player for utd this year,Honestly i cant see why Giggs is in there other than some of the performances earlier this season, like some1 else said its probably more a sentimentality matter.
This is how it should av bin
Gerrard,
Lampard,
Fabregas,
Rooney,
Alonso and
Vidic
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by eldee(m): 8:33am On Apr 15, 2009
@Sauron
The award is for footballer of the year not longest-non-red-card-receiver or how did Ronaldo manage to win if it were bout professionalism?

Where's RVP on the list? From September to January, RVP was Arsenal. He's been more important to Arsenal than Giggs to the Man Utd reserve team. Where's Modric?

Johnny Evans? That rapist??How come reserve team stars dominate the Young Player category? Is Nasri not 22 or sumn?

Forget those lies bout voting is January, this is just pure fuckery. If it were all winter, Zaki wins by a clear mile.
The PFA has just shown it's irrelevance to English football.
Re: 2009 PFA Player Of The Year/ PFA Young Player Of The Year by Frankilyte(m): 2:42pm On Apr 15, 2009
I think the whole system is flawed regarding the PFA. In terms of consistency for the entire season, Some players deserve alots of credits, but agree with me d PFA does not actually reflect this in entirety.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Graphic Content: Pics Of Head Injury Keeping Rooney Out Of World Cup Qualifier / Low Odds Project 1.50 / WCQ: Cameroon Must Fall In Uyo – Rohr

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.