Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,808 members, 7,810,108 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:54 PM

Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car (35102 Views)

12 Reasons To Do A Car VIN Check Before You Buy That Car / Why You Shouldn't Repaint That Car / Before You Buy That Used Car, Look Before You Leap. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by babyfun(f): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
Okay
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by tollytexy(m): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
MISSNORA:
hmmm mind wat u wish for

Dem no dey play for your yard ?

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by MISSNORA(f): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
chelseabmw:

When are you buying your car?
lol soon as I get the money for it
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by MISSNORA(f): 1:30pm On Sep 21, 2015
chelseabmw:

When are you buying your car?
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by chiibekee(f): 1:31pm On Sep 21, 2015
This thread is just for me cos am planning on getting one after my graduation.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by ba7man(m): 1:34pm On Sep 21, 2015
kay29000:
Okay. What of if it is bicycle I want to buy? I don't have money for car yet.
I believe the appropriate thread will follow shortly......... "Things you must consider before you buy that bicycle".

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by ogbiwa: 1:35pm On Sep 21, 2015
good sensible post OP. considering that i just sold my nigerian used car recently after cost of maintainace almost drove me mad, ive come to this conclusion- to reduce your stress levels and increase your lifespan considerably, pls try as much as possible to stay away from nigerian 'fairly' used cars. Go for either direct tokunbo or brand new ones, even if it means going for lower models.. ahh you will thank me later. Imagine driving a nigerian used car where everybody in the mechanics yard knows you on a first name basis because you're a weekly regular there... chai

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by kay29000(m): 1:37pm On Sep 21, 2015
ba7man:
I believe the appropriate thread will follow shortly......... "Things you must consider before you buy that bicycle".

lol!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 1:40pm On Sep 21, 2015
olaolulazio:
Best thread since morning till now!

meanwhile OP, a friend of mine has 130k, can her get a good car with 2extra tyres, alloy rims, extra parts, limited consumption of fuel, power steering and many more?
I sense a bit of Sarcasm cheesy
Drop a comment on the post in the blog, we'll followup.

But 130k is small tho
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 1:42pm On Sep 21, 2015
chiibekee:
This thread is just for me cos am planning on getting one after my graduation.

Where is your location? We can recommend a car for you, an affordable one.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2015
ogbiwa:
good sensible post OP. considering that i just sold my nigerian used car recently after cost of maintainace almost drove me mad, ive come to this conclusion- to reduce your stress levels and increase your lifespan considerably, pls try as much as possible to stay away from nigerian 'fairly' used cars. Go for either direct tokunbo or brand new ones, even if it means going for lower models.. ahh you will thank me later. Imagine driving a nigerian used car where everybody in the mechanics yard knows you on a first name basis because you're a weekly regular there... chai

Lol.. Quite embarrassing
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by gcamara: 1:49pm On Sep 21, 2015
Op, can i get a good fairly used toyota tiny light for 300k, am serious here.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by selfemployed(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
i am considering buying a Chevrolet van for my goods. but was advised against it with a reason that the parts are expensive. the vehicle was cheap though, =N=350,000
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by jt2damoney(m): 1:50pm On Sep 21, 2015
nice one..noted!

Get $20 immediately.its free and real.use the link on my signature
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by pbs4real(m): 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
MISSNORA:
hi missnora
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by morereb10: 1:51pm On Sep 21, 2015
Op, u try for the post sha, what type of car do u recommend if I have N1m to spend?

Please I really need your responds.

Tnks
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by promo4(m): 1:53pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nice one...
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by butterflyatalan: 1:56pm On Sep 21, 2015
OP ALSO FORGOT TO STATE THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT; THE MILEAGE OF THE CAR!! DONT JUST LOOK AT THE BODY, LOOK AT THE MILEAGE. BUY A CAR BASED ON ITS MILEAGE, NOT ITS LOOK!!!

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by sellYourCar: 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2015
Nice one......and there are so many options to choose from.

Check us out !
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by sundayslim(m): 2:02pm On Sep 21, 2015
I was just about to pay for a car. I think I'll make some mechanic friends before I go ahead.
Nice thread.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by dckng16(m): 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2015
butterflyatalan:
OP ALSO FORGOT TO STATE THE MOST IMPORTANT ASPECT; THE MILEAGE OF THE CAR!! DONT JUST LOOK AT THE BODY, LOOK AT THE MILEAGE. BUY A CAR BASED ON ITS MILEAGE, NOT ITS LOOK!!!
Mileage can be tampered at times

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Nobody: 2:05pm On Sep 21, 2015
GlorifiedTunde:
Its not he who buys a car that is rich, its he who can maintain it that is. wink wink

IS ALL CRAP!! THE ONLY THING THAT YOU SHOULD CONSIDER WHEN BUYING CAR IS THE AVAILABILITY OF CASH, ALL OTHER THINGS LIKE MAINTENANCE, FUEL ROADS ARE BY PRODUCTS OF HAVING THE MONEY.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by Leyemoshood: 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
where is mileage?

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by j4sure(m): 2:11pm On Sep 21, 2015
Noted
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by asumo12: 2:14pm On Sep 21, 2015
valencia25:
Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car:

An average Nigerian with a low budget face this type of dilemma often, most especially the people that want to buy their first car but they don't have that millions of Naira to splash out on a car.

In as much as i hate to disagree, cars are liability and you get to start spending on it immediately you make payment.
Of course you get to spend by fueling the car but it also have its importance.

Back to the Topic, Which Type Of Car Should I Buy?
Ans: Buy something you can maintain even if it means waiting to complete the figures.

Maintenance of a car: is the basic thing every car owner must consider before making payment.
Do a thorough research, ask questions from anonymous mechanics that is not affiliated with the dealer or seller about the type of Car you want to purchase if it's worth it and be very sure you're not going to pay for a car you won't be able to afford its parts.

Are the parts available in the market? This has to come next to maintenance of a car, don't just wake up one day and go for that beauty you found available because you want to drive around like a boss!
Mechanical parts are not to be trusted, the car you park can develop a fault when you restart the ignition. Yes it's that weird.

You must have seen cases of some expensive cars parked and you'd wonder why the owner abandon his/her car on a strange spot.
Unavailable or expensive parts could be the cause. Most times, it's the cause.

That Mechanic around your area can testify to the above.

Fuel consumption: are you that guy or lady that have a specific budget to spend for a certain period of time, please avoid buying a car that consume fuel because you'll realise you're spending above what you've budgeted.

Your road: Although this one might not seem like an excuse but this is what realacars is all about, we're not going to assume all our audience have good roads.

As the case might be, it's not possible. If you fall into this category you really should think about this clue.
Don't force your car to follow that bad roads, cars run with engines and parts. Don't be surprise if your car suffer alignment and shock absorber problem often if you persists.

You can as well get the car but minimize the number of times you force it on that bad road.

There are lots more we will share with our readers subsequently on realacars.com and we'll try as much as possible to publish affordable cars that are in good condition on this webpage.

Source: http://www.realacars.com/2015/09/which-type-of-car-should-i-buy.html

Cc: Marpol

How u see mazda 323F 2000 model?

For a learner!
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 2:16pm On Sep 21, 2015
gcamara:
Op, can i get a good fairly used toyota tiny light for 300k, am serious here.

We can get you a good deal for 450k.

Drop a comment on the post so we can followup.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 2:18pm On Sep 21, 2015
asumo12:

How u see mazda 323F 2000 model?

For a learner!

Avoid Mazda sir.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 2:19pm On Sep 21, 2015
Leyemoshood:
where is mileage?

in other news,order your football jerseys
https://www.nairaland.com/2447345/2015-2016-new-jerseys-available/4
Mileage can be manipulated.

1 Like

Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by del5545(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
Wit 500k,wat kind of Gud car can I get wit d amount?
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 2:20pm On Sep 21, 2015
morereb10:
Op, u try for the post sha, what type of car do u recommend if I have N1m to spend?

Please I really need your responds.

Tnks

Go for a Toyota Camry/Corolla or Honda Accord.
Re: Things You Must Consider Before You Buy That Car by valencia25(m): 2:21pm On Sep 21, 2015
selfemployed:
i am considering buying a Chevrolet van for my goods. but was advised against it with a reason that the parts are expensive. the vehicle was cheap though, =N=350,000

You're very lucky, Chevrolet parts are expensive but the cars are cheap in Nigeria.

Good decision.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Urgent Help Needed My Car Is Missing / Midnight Accident On Lagos Ibadan Express Way (photos) / 10 Limousines That Are Almost Unheard Of In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.