Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,587 members, 7,820,120 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:03 AM

Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals (6827 Views)

Photo Of Nnamdi Kanu In Kuje Prison Today As He Receives IPOB Members. / Senators Who Accompanied Saraki To CCT Trial Today (photos) / Lamido & Sons To Be Remanded In Kano Prison (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by hinwazaka: 5:35am On Sep 22, 2015
SARAKI, THE ENFANT TERRIBLE, THE GREAT SON OF A GREAT FATHER, SARAKI, THE NEMESIS OF AN ENTIRE TRIBE. SARAKI, THERE IS NO CAUSE FOR ALARM. DO NOT EVEN STRESS YOURSELF. FOR WE, WHO HAVE ALWAYS DEFENDED THIS NATION FROM FOREIGN PIRATES AND THIEVES, ARE SOLIDLY BEHIND YOU. FOR YOU TO KNOW HOW SAFE YOU ARE, FLASHBACK TO 1985. BACK THEN WE, ALSO PROMISED IBB PROTECTION, IF HE SENT THIS SAME NEFARIOUS PRESIDENT TO THE DUNGEON. AND AFTER THAT WE REWARDED HIM WITH RICHES AND POWER. INFACT, WE EVEN GAVE HIM THE PRESIDENT's WIFE ON A PLATTER OF GOLD. YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HOW GRATEFUL IBB WAS. HOW HE USED HER IN HIS BED. HOW MUCH OF A SEXSLAVE HE MADE HER INTO. AND WE DID THIS, WITH THE FULL KNOWLEDGE OF HER HUSBAND, WHO BOASTED WE COULD NEVER MAKE HIM CRY. YOU NEED TO HAVE BEEN THERE WHEN WE SHOWED HIM THE VIDEOTAPE. HE WEPT LIKE A WIDOW AT A FUNERAL. NOW ONCE MORE, IF YOU DO LIKE WE HAVE TOLD YOU TO DO, NOT ONLY WILL YOU BEAT THIS CHILDISH ATTEMPT TO UPSTAGE YOU. WE WILL ALSO GIVE YOU ANY OF THE PRESIDENT's DAUGHTERS, IN ADDITION TO HIS WIFE. YES, WE SHALL AND WE WILL. JUST DO AS WE ASK AND YOU SHALL BE DULY REWARDED. SARAKI WE ARE WATCHING.
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by PentiumPro(f): 6:10am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz so how does appearing in the witness boss amount to him losing his seat? So much kids on Nairaland this days
You absolutely dense! By the time he walks out of that place, it will dawn on you how he has walked into a trap.
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 6:12am On Sep 22, 2015
PentiumPro:

You absolutely dense! By the time he walks out of that place, it will dawn on you how he has walked into a trap.

Which yeye trap? Saraki resemble bush meat for your eye?
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 6:14am On Sep 22, 2015
StOla:

Abobaku of the Saraki family. You never go hide for Nnewi, you still get mouth?

Now Buhari's regime will prove to you why many call the Jonathan regime clueless. So a president had all this information yet he was still spineless and sluggish like a snail?

Anyway, if all Biafrans have been serving Yorubas dutifully like you've been doing for Bukola Saraki in the past few days, there will be less tribal tension in Nigeria.

Your illterate bubu also claims he has some dirt on GEJ yet the man is still wlking free months after leaving office.Now i begin to wonder who is more clueless
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by PentiumPro(f): 6:14am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Which yeye trap? Saraki resemble bush meat for your eye?
Old morron, I know you are jobless that is why you've been on NL 24/7 these days, you can go on ranting, I've got bills to pay.
Good morning.
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 6:16am On Sep 22, 2015
AdeniyiA:

Which masses?? The people of kwara state he shortchanged or you and i ?? ? Saraki is only interested in himself- his political future and family undecided

Oh so so cool!! Thank you for reminding me about Tinubu's love for the masses especially those in osun state
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 22, 2015
PentiumPro:

Old morron, I know you are jobless that is why you've been on NL 24/7 these days, you can go on ranting, I've got bills to pay.
Good morning.

Young LovePeddler what business of mine if you have customers to deal with this morning?
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by enkay2go(f): 6:36am On Sep 22, 2015
Chukwudi44,did you sleep at all? Y u carry saraki matter for head like dis?

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Gbawe: 6:50am On Sep 22, 2015
PentiumPro:

After reading Joe Igbokwe's article here on NL last night, it dawned on me that Saraki is/was all out not only to ridicule his party but to completely decimate the party in cohort with his friends in PDP. No sane and serious party will allow an individual to do that and get away with it.

That is what I have repeated here non-stop. The APC will quickly become like the PDP if the Party allows a culture of impunity. In Buhari, the APC has a strong Party leader who believes and has stated that nobody must be allowed to behave as if they are greater than the Party. Saraki effed-up big time and against the wrong President. His biggest mistake was to assume we are still under the PDP-style reign of impunity.

3 Likes

Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by 989900: 7:04am On Sep 22, 2015
It was argued that, since saraki had failed to appear before the tribunal on two occasions, the head judge might deny his bail request because it cannot guarantee that the senate President would return to the court if allowed to leave.

#merecriminal wink

But why Bukky . . . see what you caused?
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by nextstep(m): 7:14am On Sep 22, 2015
Abeg, I no wan hear "shall be", "is scheduled to", "has been invited to" and other future tense. Just release the news when it is in past perfect tense, for instance: "has been", or "is now".

All this "shall be", "is not", "May be", "progressing towards" don dey tire me. angry
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Delafruita(m): 7:40am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:
Rubish news!!! CCT has no powers under its act to send anyone to prison

to be honest,I don't understand your reasoning.do you think the constitution is interpreted literarily?what does subsection 3 of the quote below tell you?the aside this punishment,any other punishment could be meted out in accordance with the criminal code or any other law which can include the EFCC act,ICPC act etc.the CCT is fully empowered to send anyone to jail

(1) Where  the  Tribunal  finds  a  public  officer  guilty  of  contravening  any  of  the  provisions  of  this  Act,  it shall  impose  upon  that  officer  any  of  the  punishments  specified  under  subsection  (2)  of  this  section.  

(2)  The  punishment  which  the  Tribunal  may  impose  shall  include  any  of  the  following‐
 (a)  vacation  of  office  or  any  elective  or  nominated  office,  as  the  case  may  be; 
 (b)  disqualification  from  holding  any  public  office  (whether  elective  or  not)  for  a  period  not  exceeding ten  years;  and
  (c)  seizure  and  forfeiture  to  the  State  of  any  property  acquired  in  abuse  or  corruption  of  office.  

(3)  The  punishments  mentioned  in  subsection  (2)  of  this  section  shall  be  without  prejudice  to  the penalties  that  may  be  imposed  by  any  law  where  the  breach  of  conduct  is  also  a  criminal  offence  under the  Criminal  Code  or  any  other  enactment  or  law.
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Delafruita(m): 7:48am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Well he has already proven to be smarter than your dumb APC,he will appear in court tomorrow, after which the case would be adjourned, while he continues to exercise his powers as Senate President
perhaps you don't know that the administration of criminal justice act has been passed.each side on a trial only has right to 4adjournments which cannot be more than 14days apart.there is also a restriction on stay on proceedings and such suits cannot be heard till justice has been dispensed.
so assuming each side takes their 4adjournments at 14 days apart,the trial cannot exceed 112 days.that is less than 4months.you really need to keep up with the trend my friend

2 Likes

Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 22, 2015
Delafruita:
perhaps you don't know that the administration of criminal justice act has been passed.each side on a trial only has right to 4adjournments which cannot be more than 14days apart.there is also a restriction on stay on proceedings and such suits cannot be heard till justice has been dispensed.
so assuming each side takes their 4adjournments at 14 days apart,the trial cannot exceed 112 days.that is less than 4months.you really need to keep up with the trend my friend

Bros please dont make me laugh too hard please!! What has happened to the criminal trials of Farouk Lawan,Senate leader Ali Ndume,TImipre Sylva,Murtala Nyako,Buruji Kashamu?

These cases are even still at the high court after several months and even years in some cases!!
Take it or leave it this Saraki's trial will not be over before 2019
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Delafruita(m): 7:55am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros please dont make me laugh too hard please!! What has happened to the criminal trials of Farouk Lawan,Senate leader Ali Ndume,TImipre Sylva,Murtala Nyako,Buruji Kashamu?

These cases are even still at the high court after several months and even years in some cases!!
Take it or leave it this Saraki's trial will not be over before 2019
the ACJA was passed in May 2015.those cases were already on
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by tare22(m): 7:56am On Sep 22, 2015
Stories.... Dis is Naija he is going no where
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 7:56am On Sep 22, 2015
Delafruita:

to be honest,I don't understand your reasoning.do you think the constitution is interpreted literarily?what does subsection 3 of the quote below tell you?the aside this punishment,any other punishment could be meted out in accordance with the criminal code or any other law which can include the EFCC act,ICPC act etc.the CCT is fully empowered to send anyone to jail

(1) Where  the  Tribunal  finds  a  public  officer  guilty  of  contravening  any  of  the  provisions  of  this  Act,  it shall  impose  upon  that  officer  any  of  the  punishments  specified  under  subsection  (2)  of  this  section.  

(2)  The  punishment  which  the  Tribunal  may  impose  shall  include  any  of  the  following‐
 (a)  vacation  of  office  or  any  elective  or  nominated  office,  as  the  case  may  be; 
 (b)  disqualification  from  holding  any  public  office  (whether  elective  or  not)  for  a  period  not  exceeding ten  years;  and
  (c)  seizure  and  forfeiture  to  the  State  of  any  property  acquired  in  abuse  or  corruption  of  office.  

(3)  The  punishments  mentioned  in  subsection  (2)  of  this  section  shall  be  without  prejudice  to  the penalties  that  may  be  imposed  by  any  law  where  the  breach  of  conduct  is  also  a  criminal  offence  under the  Criminal  Code  or  any  other  enactment  or  law. 

Enough of your big grammar kindly show me only person the CCT sent to jail in the past!! Saraki will come to the tribunal today and the cae would be adjourned and he will continue to act and exercise his powers as the senate president.
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 7:58am On Sep 22, 2015
Delafruita:
the ACJA was passed in May 2015.those cases were already on

Lolz what about the Hon Senator Buruji Kashamu? What about the election petition tribunals? Almost all of them are still at the high court stage four months after!!! Bros nothing will happen jare!!
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 22, 2015
Gbawe:

That is what I have repeated here non-stop. The APC will quickly become like the PDP if the Party allows a culture of impunity. In Buhari, the APC has a strong Party leader who believes and has stated that nobody must be allowed to behave as if they are greater than the Party. Saraki effed-up big time and against the wrong President. His biggest mistake was to assume we are still under the PDP-style reign of impunity.

Oga Gbawe we are operating the Nigerian constitution and not the APC constitution!!!! There is nothing Buhari will do!! He would soon find out we are no longer in 1984
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by MabraO: 8:03am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:
Rubish news!!! CCT has no powers under its act to send anyone to prison

Each passing day u keep exposing ur stupidity
Only God knows for how long u ll keep doing doing it

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 8:06am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Lolz what about the Hon Senator Buruji Kashamu? What about the election petition tribunals? Almost all of them are still at the high court stage four months after!!! Bros nothing will happen jare!!

I think you are forgetting something, which is the era has changed and the government of the day won't provide an atmosphere for all these past ways you seem to so rely on. The era of impunity is over and this would be the first case it would proven

1 Like

Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by yemioloyede(m): 8:10am On Sep 22, 2015
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 8:10am On Sep 22, 2015
Toby77:

I think you are forgetting something, which is the era has changed and the government of the day won't provide an atmosphere for all these past ways you seem to so rely on. The era of impunity is over and this would be the first case it would proven

If your idear of non-impunity is to be allowed to victimize your political opponents using instruments of the law,you will soon find out you are not in a banana republic!!
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by kokoA(m): 8:28am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

So in yor opinion Saraki should be loyal to APC rather than to the masses? Please tell me something!!
who are the masses that he is being loyal to? Thesame masses that voted in the political party he betrayed?
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Delafruita(m): 8:38am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Enough of your big grammar kindly show me only person the CCT sent to jail in the past!! Saraki will come to the tribunal today and the cae would be adjourned and he will continue to act and exercise his powers as the senate president.
even if it has never jailed anyone,it doesn't take away its powers to jail people
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Delafruita(m): 8:40am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

buruji's case was speedily dispensed with and it was about whether or not he can be extradited
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Delafruita(m): 8:41am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

If your idear of non-impunity is to be allowed to victimize your political opponents using instruments of the law,you will soon find out you are not in a banana republic!!
this has to be an act.nobody can be this myopic,stubborn while been extremely ignorant all at the same time.
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Demdem(m): 8:45am On Sep 22, 2015
PentiumPro:

After reading Joe Igbokwe's article here on NL last night, it dawned on me that Saraki is/was all out not only to ridicule his party but to completely decimate the party in cohort with his friends in PDP. No sane and serious party will allow an individual to do that and get away with it.

Please send me the link of this article
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 22, 2015
Delafruita:
even if it has never jailed anyone,it doesn't take away its powers to jail people

Bros abeg make i hear word Jare!! The CCT has no power to send anyone to jail
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 22, 2015
Delafruita:
buruji's case was speedily dispensed with and it was about whether or not he can be extradited

Bros Buruji's case is still in court.try and get yourself updated
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Delafruita(m): 8:50am On Sep 22, 2015
chukwudi44:

Bros abeg make i hear word Jare!! The CCT has no power to send anyone to jail
to be honest,you need help
Re: Saraki To Be Remanded In Prison Today,investigation Reveals by Nobody: 8:50am On Sep 22, 2015
Delafruita:
this has to be an act.nobody can be this myopic,stubborn while been extremely ignorant all at the same time.

You are the ignorant one!! You think because the APC is the party in power they can just do and get away with anything they do!! You are in for a real shocker!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Will This 'miracle' Happen In Nigeria (photo). / Senate Gives Buhari September Deadline To Present 2021 Budget / Nigerians Accuse Tinubu Of Tribalism, For Bypassing Brilliant Dr. Obiora

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.