Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,280 members, 7,839,384 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:10 PM

Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? (3262 Views)

Will Nigeria Remain Amalgamated Without Crude Oil? / Would Nigeria Be Bad As It Is Now If Goodluck Johnathan Was Still In Power / Should Nigeria Grant Independence To Biafra, Yes Or No ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by wisdomguy4u(m): 9:58am On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

You're totally right.

But you didn't mention that Scotland declined to be separated from the UK

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/scotland-rejects-independence-uk_n_5847302.html

Nigeria's issues goes well beyond just the fact that we were forced to come together as a nation and we also have to consider just how much tribalism is dividing us. If the Ibos get Biafra, they are still going to be faced with the issue of Imbitse against Untu and this applies to every other part of Nigeria.

I believe our major issue is separating our cultural differences from the law.

I disagree with you. For you to ever think that the North will separate their beloved islam from the law of Nigeria is a mirage. If you are thinking of drinking a bottle of beer publicly in the far north someday, then think again, bcus it would never happen. As far as true moslems are concern, the law is islam and any move to alter it will be violently rebutted.
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 9:58am On Sep 22, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

You know it baffles me why there must be bloodshed in african countries b4 succession can place? Like the 30years succession war of sudan which gave birth to south sudan. Why will a group declare a total annihilation of another group bcus they decided to part ways with them? I just can't figure out why africa so much like war. Britain recently organize a referendum for independent of scottish pple , without any bloodshed. When will africa grow an advance
mental faculty to understand that forcing or
threaten a group of pple with war to remain with
you is tantamount to slavery. The togetherness of
different group of pple can only yield good when
there exist a harmonious mutual understanding btw
them. There is no love in the unity of Nigeria, and
the southerners has been on the receiving end esp
the Igbo christians , who had continue to be a victim
in the numerous tribal massacres often perpetrated
in the North part of Nigeria. Where is the love?

Africans are like bunch of animals in the eyes of western world , they are so cruel and wicked to their own self. Bunch of blood sucking black demons with fish brain, who scream war anytime they hear succession. African leaders are all bunch of literate fools. This is why africa will remain under-develop until they strive to overcome their dementia mind-set and blaze up to catch with their contemporaries in the western world.

The reason isn't farfetched. Africans don't value others convictions and beliefs. They don't believe in laws. Whether or not we want to believe it- we're still hundreds of years behind schedule.

Every people reserve the right to determine their own destiny, but BLACKS BEING BLACKS, will never respect that, but will instead prefer wars.

You must not live in the same nation with a people to show you love them.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by wirinet(m): 10:19am On Sep 22, 2015
Ugomba:
Lets hear your opinion, should Nigeria which was amalgamed in 1914 by Lord Lugard be deamalgamated?
So that we will have an Arewa Republic and Republic of Southern Nigeria.
whats your opinion?

You people are always talking thrash. You talk as if there was a republic of southern Nigeria and eastern Nigeria before Luggard amalgamated the north and south. The only part of Nigeria that had a recognizable political structure pre-colonization was northern Nigeria under Usman Dan folio and south west Nigeria held together by Alaafin of Oyo. South East was a collection of independent villages with closely related language and culture, it was never a single political unit. South South was a mosaic of independent tribes each with different languages and cultures.

The British actually signed treaties with each independent tribe. So anyone suggesting we jettison the British political arrangement is suggesting we go back to being independent tribes and villages.
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 10:22am On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

You're totally right.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/scotland-rejects-independence-uk_n_5847302.html

Nigeria's issues goes well beyond just the fact that we were forced to come together as a nation and we also have to consider just how much tribalism is dividing us. If the Ibos get Biafra, they are still going to be faced with the issue of Imbitse against Untu and this applies to every other part of Nigeria.

Enyi angry
What's the meaning of the highlighted portion Abi you follow those people wey their prikk dey standa if they hear Igbo or Biafra? undecided
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by mauriceju2(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2015
Team up with Hausa and get experience of Syria and -----tan countires grin grin grin grin
truefact:
Of course everybody should go their own way and those who want to merge together can...there is nothing like southern Nigeria. ...what we have in Nigeria is ethnic groups. ..each should choose who they want to team up with ...period
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 10:43am On Sep 22, 2015
wisdomguy4u:

I disagree with you. For you to ever think that the North will separate their beloved islam from the law of Nigeria is a mirage. If you are thinking of drinking a bottle of beer publicly in the far north someday, then think again, bcus it would never happen. As far as true moslems are concern, the law is islam and any move to alter it will be violently rebutted.

Actually, you agree with me. The law is supposed to be above our personal beliefs or our culture and everyone should conform only to the laws as stated in our constitution. It might be a pipe dream but that IS what is necessary to achieving true federalism
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 10:45am On Sep 22, 2015
cheruv:

Enyi angry
What's the meaning of the highlighted portion Abi you follow those people wey their prikk dey standa if they hear Igbo or Biafra? undecided

I only used that as an example bro. Tribalism is a problem all over Africa. Personally, if Biafra becomes a reality i'd rather be Biafran cheesy
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 10:59am On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

I only used that as an example bro. Tribalism is a problem all over Africa. Personally, if Biafra becomes a reality i'd rather be Biafran cheesy
Thinly veiled Sarcasm! undecided
So its only Igbos you can use as an example shebi Bkos you "love" them soo much tongue
Lemme tell you...
Biafra is simply for all the Igbos in the SE & SS regions of Nigeria,and not inclusive of people living in the Western borderlands like you cheesy
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by zendy: 11:34am On Sep 22, 2015
[b]The 1914 amalgamation of the southern and northern protectorates of Nigeria by Lugard was an act of illegality. Even the protectorates themselves were illegal. My late Grandfather was born in 1902 as an Igbo man. He told me be fore he died that he never knew he had been made a "Nigerian" until 1920. My Grandfather was illegally made a Nigerian,as was my my father and as was me and there's no way I'm going let my children carry on with this illegal name of the whiteman. We must do what Lugard should have done before any amalgamation. We must conduct a referendum to decide who is Nigerian and who is not! Even Lugard knew what he was doing was wrong and inserted a clause in the Amalgamation document that after 100 years of nationhood, any people who were unhappy with Nigeria were free to go. This means that Nigeria became a scam as at 1st of January this year. There are only two ways out of this, a referendum or a war. And as an Igbo man, I'm prepared for either one!

There is nothing like one Nigeria
[/b]

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 11:56am On Sep 22, 2015
cheruv:

Thinly veiled Sarcasm! undecided
So its only Igbos you can use as an example shebi Bkos you "love" them soo much tongue
Lemme tell you...
Biafra is simply for all the Igbos in the SE & SS regions of Nigeria,and not inclusive of people living in the Western borderlands like you cheesy

You guys will grant citizenship to people who are interested, right?
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 12:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

You guys will grant citizenship to people who are interested, right?
You'd ve to naturalize na and it entails
1]converting to Christianity
2]learning the Igbo lingo(this would be quite difficult for you kos Igbo has some sounds like CH,H,V & Z which are absent in Yoruba
3]adopting Igbo mannerisms of which include having a drive for excellence and merit etc

These are based on the fact that it'd be monoethnic in nature.in case our cousins to the South viz Mmoño and Izon join us,2&3 would depend on which of the 3 autonomous republics(Igbo ,Mmoño & Izon ARs) you decide to live in.
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheruv:

You'd ve to naturalize na and it entails
1]converting to Christianity

Why Christianity? Why not enforce total submission to Amadioha?

2]learning the Igbo lingo(this would be quite difficult for you kos Igbo has some sounds like CH,H,V & Z which are absent in Yoruba

I'm not Yoruba. And Igbo is not as hard as you make it sound afterall people learn chinese

3]adopting Igbo mannerisms of which include having a drive for excellence and merit etc

The drive for excellence is not an Igbo thing. People worldwide have achieved great things and they weren't Igbo. I am looking forward to the Nkwobi though grin

These are based on the fact that it'd be monoethnic in nature.in case our cousins to the South viz Mmoño and Izon join us,2&3 would depend on which of the 3 autonomous republics(Igbo ,Mmoño & Izon ARs) you decide to live in.

Till then smiley
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Brooklynsouth(f): 1:39pm On Sep 22, 2015
Omololu007:
see this fool,,so ugomba that is talking about southern Nigeria is a yoruba man abi daft fool,,when will ibos leaving in the south west return back to their state cause yorubas are back stabbers fool?
and this mouth odour is from where demented dunce get lost
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 3:13pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

Till then smiley
Not amadioha! angry
You've a poor knowledge of Igbo cosmology yet you wanna feel among undecided
Its total submission to the will of the Great creator God who rules over the universe and is crowned King of Biafra.
He has a triad of messenger spirits who carry out his will on earth viz
- Ala
- Amadioha/Kamalu
- Ekwensu
No need going further on this path to avoid cases of missing persons tongue

By the way,which ethnic nationality are you

1 Like

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Ugomba(m): 4:17pm On Sep 22, 2015
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheruv:

Not amadioha! angry
You've a poor knowledge of Igbo cosmology yet you wanna feel among undecided
Its total submission to the will of the Great creator God who rules over the universe and is crowned King of Biafra.
He has a triad of messenger spirits who carry out his will on earth viz
- Ala
- Amadioha/Kamalu
- Ekwensu
No need going further on this path to avoid cases of missing persons tongue

By the way,which ethnic nationality are you

Ok. Now i get it. Lol @ feeling among.

This "god" you are referring to is a product of Jewish mythology, what has that got to do with Amadioha?
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 6:33pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

Ok. Now i get it. Lol @ feeling among.

This "god" you are referring to is a product of Jewish mythology, what has that got to do with Amadioha?
Which Jewish mythology Abi you felt like saying something undecided
We Igbos have been in existence for roughly 4000 years...and the God am referring to is Chukwu Okike Abiama and he exercises his will on earth through these 7 spirits viz
1]Ala :responsible for the land and fertility
2]Amadioha/Kamalu :responsible for the sky and dispensation of justice
3]Ekwensu :responsible for tricks, malevolence, illusions/dimensions, war,death and destruction
4]Ahiajioku/Njoku :responsible for food production especially yams
5]Agwu :responsible for the protection of the individual
6]Agbara :responsible for magick and communication btwn the human and spirit world
7]Ikenga :responsible for the firstborn sons and also the right to rule.

These 7 arusi are the the spirits tasked by Chukwu Abiama to oversee the world though the first three are the main guys.

Your name is German, isn't it?
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 6:36pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheruv:

Which Jewish mythology Abi you felt like saying something undecided
We Igbos have been in existence for roughly 4000 years...and the God am referring to is Chukwu Okike Abiama and he exercises his will on earth through these 7 spirits viz
1]Ala :responsible for the land and fertility
2]Amadioha/Kamalu :responsible for the sky and dispensation of justice
3]Ekwensu :responsible for tricks, malevolence, illusions/dimensions, war,death and destruction
4]Ahiajioku/Njoku :responsible for food production especially yams
5]Agwu :responsible for the protection of the individual
6]Agbara :responsible for magick and communication btwn the human and spirit world
7]Ikenga :responsible for the firstborn sons and also the right to rule.

These 7 arusi are the the spirits tasked by Chukwu Abiama to oversee the world though the first three are the main guys.

Your name is German, isn't it?

Wow, this is cool. Do you guys also have a holy book i could go through to learn more.

Yeah, Hahn is a German name. I'm mixed but the other half ain't German
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 7:00pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

Wow, this is cool. Do you guys also have a holy book i could go through to learn more.

Yeah, Hahn is a German name. I'm mixed but the other half ain't German
What's the other half?
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheruv:

What's the other half?

Scottish. What's the name of your holy book?
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 9:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

Scottish. What's the name of your holy book?
A Celto-German hybrid smiley
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by hahn(m): 9:58pm On Sep 22, 2015
cheruv:

A Celto-German hybrid smiley

Interesting.

Does your god send sinners to hell?
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by fistonati(m): 10:01pm On Sep 22, 2015
Its long overdue, et everyone manage its backyard so dt we can be free of d boko boys and almajiris and there born to rule bt not educated leaders
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by tsdarkside(m): 10:07pm On Sep 22, 2015
for what??..what would it bring??....with this step,you would distabilize the ol west africa.........

forget white-people,,,,lets think forward.................
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 10:43pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

You're totally right.

cultural differences ain't our problem.

This whole ish ain't working for over 50 years now. It will never work, To separate na d koko
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by cheruv: 11:23pm On Sep 22, 2015
hahn:

Interesting.

Does your god send sinners to hell?
He abhors death...so the offenders are made to atone depending on his crime,but the heinous ones are met with ostracism and in severe cases slavery.
There's no hell..once you die,you join the spirits or ancestors, waiting to be reborn when your time comes cool
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by onenaira3: 11:38pm On Sep 22, 2015
truefact:
Of course everybody should go their own way and those who want to merge together can...there is nothing like southern Nigeria. ...what we have in Nigeria is ethnic groups. ..each should choose who they want to team up with ...period

Simple as ABC.
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 12:35am On Sep 23, 2015
BIAFRA IS COMING
THE ZOO MUST FALL
SE & SS except EDO are already UNITED
SW YORUBA should go to HELL

2 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Nobody: 12:47am On Sep 23, 2015
Ugomba:
its a LIE. The structure of this nation is faulty and lopsided. Deamalgamation is possible if the whole south can team up and demand for it.
the Yorubas will scuttle it because their oxygen supply is coming from hausa / fulani.
Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by Eastlink(m): 1:20am On Sep 23, 2015
jabbok:
the Yorubas will scuttle it because their oxygen supply is coming from hausa / fulani.
I hate to say this, but the sons of Odualand need to sit down and ask themselves some thought provoking questions. E.g

1) Why do our Southern brothers see us as backstabbers?
2) Why are we usually the pawns used by the north to scuttle the plans of the South?
3) Why do we always lose our voice when Southern interest is been threatened? eg Boko haram slaughter of Christians up north and other sharia related activities.
4) Why do we make noise, heat the polity, but hide when its time to take responsiblility?
5) Lastly, what do we as a race stand for in Nigeria. The Hausa/Fulani are born to rule supremacist and pro-north, the Igbos are republicans and pro-south, the middle belt are anti sharia and anti-hausanization, the Niger-Delta are for resource control. What stance are we sons of Yorubaland known for? What are we known for?

3 Likes

Re: Should Nigeria Be De-amalgamated? by emeka2847: 3:07am On Sep 23, 2015
[size=18pt]Nigeria should be de-goatified[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of A White Man As A Nigerian Policeman Receives Bribe From Him / Obasanjo- The Man Who Saw Tomorrow. / Mock Election Ongoing On Twitter: Buhari Vs Opponent Result In Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.