Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,685 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel (2232 Views)

Anambra Governor, Obiano's Official Bullet-Proof Car (PHOTO) / My 2000 Toyota Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke And Starts When Car Is Cold / Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 10:16pm On Sep 22, 2015
car gurus in d house pls help
i need ur advice
i own a honda accord 92 popularly known as honda bullet
noticed today day it was emiting black smoke from d exhaust and d rate a which fuel was being consumed is alarmin
pls need ur advice
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Zzyco: 10:21pm On Sep 22, 2015
You need CNN or BBC to tell you to visit the mechanic?

2 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 10:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
Zzyco:
smh
some pple are just dere witout dat essential tin upstairs
i obviously asked cos i dont want to be cheated by a mechanic and wud treasure advice from pple who probably had d same ish and overcame it
common sense isnt common indeed

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Zzyco: 11:12pm On Sep 22, 2015
damilola5019:

smh
some pple are just dere witout dat essential tin upstairs
i obviously asked cos i dont want to be cheated by a mechanic and wud treasure advice from pple who probably had d same ish and overcame it
common sense isnt common indeed
You see your life, you also don't own the common sense, else you are not meant to be cheated by the mechanic. Or say, you are trying to repair the car yourself. Since you claim to be an encyclopedia of sense. Why did you open this thread. #point if you are looking for advise. Put kerosene in your car instead of fuel. Maybe the black smoke would turn to the white one you re looking for..smh..
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by nnachukz(m): 11:15pm On Sep 22, 2015
Visit the mechanic. It could the rings or a little problem from the carburator. The mechanic is in a better position to tell you what is wrong with your car. Just be observant to know what he is doing if you don't trust him much.

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 12:37am On Sep 23, 2015
That black smoke you see is excess fuel being burned off so you will definitely see a drastic drop in fuel economy.
I'm thinking MAF/ air metering issues.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by gambus007(m): 7:07am On Sep 23, 2015
nnachukz:
Visit the mechanic. It could the rings or a little problem from the carburator. The mechanic is in a better position to tell you what is wrong with your car. Just be observant to know what he is doing if you don't trust him much.
rings for black smoke? carburator?
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Denn(m): 11:12am On Sep 23, 2015
gambus007:

rings for black smoke? carburator?

He meant wedding ring nah... grin
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Denn(m): 11:13am On Sep 23, 2015
Zzyco:
Then why do we have a forum to share knowledge?

If you can't profer a solution, don't become part of the problem
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Denn(m): 11:18am On Sep 23, 2015
damilola5019:
i need ur advice
noticed today day it was emiting black smoke from d exhaust and d rate a which fuel was being consumed is alarmin
pls need ur advice

Bros. Your problem is simple.

Your engine is even simple to work on by the average mechanic.

Look into your MAF...

The local mechanics call it 'airflow meter'.

Then while at it, remember to change your air filter too. I can bet you have not replaced it since Gowon got married.

Regards

5 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Inception(m): 11:42am On Sep 23, 2015
Denn:

Look into your MAF...

Then while at it, remember to change your air filter too. I can bet you have not replaced it since Gowon got married.

Regards

grin

1 Like

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 11:13pm On Sep 23, 2015
Denn:

Look into your MAF...

Regards
Thank u
Will do that
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 11:14pm On Sep 23, 2015
Zzyco:

You see your life, you also don't own the common sense, else you are not meant to be cheated by the mechanic. Or say, you are trying to repair the car yourself. Since you claim to be an encyclopedia of sense. Why did you open this thread. #point if you are looking for advise. Put kerosene in your car instead of fuel. Maybe the black smoke would turn to the white one you re looking for..smh..
Did u just read wat u wrote?
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 11:16pm On Sep 23, 2015
0rex:
That black smoke you see is excess fuel being burned off so you will definitely see a drastic drop in fuel economy.
I'm thinking MAF/ air metering issues.
Thank u very much
U won't believe he see d problem was brainbox
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 11:21pm On Sep 23, 2015
damilola5019:

Thank u very much
U won't believe he see d problem was brainbox
You are welcome.
Wow... Is the car is now okay?
Did he test it with a new brainbox before concluding?
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 11:30pm On Sep 23, 2015
0rex:

You are welcome.
Wow... Is the car is now okay?
Did he test it with a new brainbox before concluding?
Well I insisted he do wat u told me to do and d smoke stopped sumwhat so no brainbox change till am sure
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by Nobody: 11:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
damilola5019:

Well I insisted he do wat u told me to do and d smoke stopped sumwhat so no brainbox change till am sure
Ok. That's better before he makes you waste your money changing parts unnecessarily.
Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by fanex: 9:45am On Sep 30, 2015
NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF. N5000

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)
damilola5019:
i need ur advice
pls need ur advice

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by fishly(f): 9:56am On Sep 30, 2015
fanex:
NO STRESS, WE COME TO YOU* WE ARE FULLY MOBILE

 ENGINE MANAGEMENT LIGHTS
 ABS LIGHTS
 AIR BAG LIGHTS
 TRANSMISSION FAULTS
 ELECTRIC ROOF FAULTS
 INJECTOR FAULTS
 FUEL SENSORS
 MAF SENSORS
 COOLANT SENSORS
 IMMOBILISER FAULTS
 ODOMETRE CORRETION (soon)

***INSTANT RESULT PRINTOUT***

SCAN IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT

Call Mr Tunde

08088997344, 08146307082

NO MORE MECHANIC CHEAT DO IT YOURSELF. N5000

(Modify) (Quote) (Report) (Share)

We have a Toyota hilux 2013 model currently not starting.

Vehicle broke down last week during a fierce battle between our men and their men at the outskirts of sambisa.

Our technician says it is possible some shrapnel is lodged in the intake but we still need a mobile expert to come take a look.

Vehicle is located close to the bridge that was rigged with explosives so it should be easy to locate.

Kindly confirm if N5000 will be enough as payment for you.

Once you get to sambisa forest beside the bridge just after the battle front, let us know.

Thanks

Battle commander

3 Likes

Re: HELP!!!! My Honda Bullet Is Emiting Black Smoke And Consuming Lots Of Fuel by fanex: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2015
fantastic! as it turns out, our headquarters is right there in Sambisa. we will have ur hilux running in no time at all. in the mean time, happy motoring.
fishly:

We have a Toyota hilux 2013 model currently not starting.

Vehicle broke down last week during a fierce battle between our men and their men at the outskirts of sambisa.

Our technician says it is possible some shrapnel is lodged in the intake but we still need a mobile expert to come take a look.

Vehicle is located close to the bridge that was rigged with explosives so it should be easy to locate.

Kindly confirm if N5000 will be enough as payment for you.

Once you get to sambisa forest beside the bridge just after the battle front, let us know.

Thanks

Battle commander

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Why Are Most Nigerian Volkswagen, Ford, Bmw, Peugeot Phobic? / 35% Levy On Tokunbo Vehicles Begins July 1 / Help Gear Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.