Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,644 members, 7,816,647 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel (2758 Views)

Is My 1999 Toyota Camry Consume Fuel. Pls I Need Help Car Gurus / My Corolla Is Consuming Fuel / My 2000 Toyota Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke And Starts When Car Is Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 12:17pm On Aug 27, 2017
Please come to my rescue. My 1999 Seinna is emitting black smoke and consuming a lot of fuel. The car also refuses to start (although it cranks) until I unplug the fuel socket (I don't know if I got the name right) located in between the middle seat. While moving the car looses power sometimes until I unplug the "socket" again. The mechanic/electrician I got told me the car has "serious" electrical issues but hasn't done anything about it for 4 days now. He told me the "brain box" needs to be changed. I agreed and he got a one but told me he has "reprogrammed" it and it still didn't work. He kept using serious "electrical fault". What do I please. Help me.....Am so tired of the whole thing. Please help me as I don't know anything about cars.

1 Like

Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by princetom1(m): 12:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:
Please come to my rescue. My 1999 Seinna is emitting black smoke and consuming a lot of fuel. The car also refuses to start (although it cranks) until I unplug the fuel socket (I don't know if I got the name right) located in between the middle seat. While moving the car looses power sometimes until I unplug the "socket" again. The mechanic/electrician I got told me the car has "serious" electrical issues but hasn't done anything about it for 4 days now. He told me the "brain box" needs to be changed. I agreed and he got a one but told me he has "reprogrammed" it and it still didn't work. He kept using serious "electrical fault". What do I please. Help me.....Am so tired of the whole thing. Please help me as I don't know anything about cars.

GAZZUZZ, Kingreign, Honmusa, diportivo, cardoctor, timifakay, nurey
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by IamLovely: 12:47pm On Aug 27, 2017
Service your car engine sir..

When was the last time you service it
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by honmusa(m): 12:51pm On Aug 27, 2017
The car has been seriosly kazeemed (abused).The car need porfessional touch .What is your location ??
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by nurey(m): 12:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
The mechanic has gagakunna your car ooooooo grin

Only a physical inspection can pinpoint issues including scanning and hence forth either change your mechanic or stop buying any other parts. I repeat stop buying any other parts.

I don't know any fuel socket located anywhere you described in that car as i use a 2000 model. Pix of the socket and your engine bay (clear pix please)

1 Like

Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by kingreign(m): 12:53pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:

Location?
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 1:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
honmusa:
The car has been seriosly kazeemed (abused).The car need porfessional touch .What is your location ??

Ebonyi State brother.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 1:02pm On Aug 27, 2017
[quote author=kingreign post=59869820]
Location?[/quote
Abakaliki, Ebonyi State Sir.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 1:04pm On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:
The mechanic has gagakunna your car ooooooo grin

Only a physical inspection can pinpoint issues including scanning and hence forth either change your mechanic or stop buying any other parts. I repeat stop buying any other parts.

I don't know any fuel socket located anywhere you described in that car as i use a 2000 model. Pix of the socket and your engine bay (clear pix please)

Okay brother. I will get the picture as soon as I get to house in the evening.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by dudebuck: 1:05pm On Aug 27, 2017
you must go to another person that has a scan tool and he must scan it first before attempting any repairs.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 1:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
IamLovely:
Service your car engine sir..

When was the last time you service it
Brother, I serviced the car a week ago when the issue started.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 1:08pm On Aug 27, 2017
dudebuck:
you must go to another person that has a scan tool and he must scan it first before attempting any repairs.

Okay Sir. I located Kia autoshop here and I plan on taking it there tomorrow.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by kingreign(m): 1:09pm On Aug 27, 2017
[quote author=ggakunna post=59870013][/quote]

Scan that van and post codes here.

Sack that mecho
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by IamLovely: 1:14pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:

Brother, I serviced the car a week ago when the issue started.

Did you change your mechanic?
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 1:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
IamLovely:

Did you change your mechanic?

No I didn't sir. but he said its an electrical issue so he got his colleague who is an electrician
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 1:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
kingreign:

Scan that van and post codes here.

Sack that mecho

I will scan it tomorrow in Kia motors here in Abakaliki.

i will definitely sack him bro. The mechanic was just talking like the car is condemned and irreparable. Got me shocked and scared ooh.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by IamLovely: 3:34pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:

No I didn't sir. but he said its an electrical issue so he got his colleague who is an electrician

OK

Pele ok

BTW, I am a she not sir
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 4:39pm On Aug 27, 2017
IamLovely:

OK
Pele ok

BTW, I am a she not sir
Oh okay. Sorry about that Missy. apologies
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by boldx(m): 6:07pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:

Okay Sir. I located Kia autoshop here and I plan on taking it there tomorrow.

Please don't take it to a KIA shop. I own a Sienna too. Do you have a car scanner. Try and locate someone that can run a check on it. Report here with the codes.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by timifakay(m): 6:21pm On Aug 27, 2017
I think it could be downstream Oxygen sensor that is being referred to as fuel Socket.
First step to solve this matter will be scanning.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 6:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
boldx:

Please don't take it to a KIA shop. I own a Sienna too. Do you have a car scanner. Try and locate someone that can run a check on it. Report here with the codes.

I have asked around and was told only KIA autoshop offer such services here in Abakaliki. Is there a particular reason I shouldn't go there sir? How else can I locate other places. please help.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 6:35pm On Aug 27, 2017
timifakay:
I think it could be downstream Oxygen sensor that is being referred to as fuel Socket.
First step to solve this matter will be scanning.

When I unplug this "socket", the car starts and then i plug it back and move on. If I step on the break the car looses power again (not all the time though).

The so called " socket" is locate in between the middle seat under the rug. lol....I will definitely snap that soon.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by timifakay(m): 6:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:

When I unplug this "socket", the car starts and then i plug it back and move on. If I step on the break the car looses power again (not all the time though).
Can you trace the wire on the Socket to know where it comes from?
Do you see a part number? Please post if you do.
How many wires does it have, what colours are they?
Please scan and post DTCs.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by boldx(m): 7:01pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:

Guy from what you posted, your car runs rich on fuel. That means too much fuel is supplied. Is your thermostat still intact?

Where does your temperature gauge get to when the engine is warm/hot?

Quarter mark or Half mark on dashboard temperature scale?
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by nurey(m): 7:31pm On Aug 27, 2017
You guys giving advice should calm down first, with the way he is describing things (fuel socket inside car) is either the car has been extremely remixed or the op doesn't know what he is talking about.

First step is to scan first and let him post pictures let's see things, it's from there we can give him advice cause some issues cannot be diagnosed remotely 1MZFE engine is not a too technical engine

1 Like

Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 8:47pm On Aug 27, 2017
timifakay:

Can you trace the wire on the Socket to know where it comes from?
Do you see a part number? Please post if you do.
How many wires does it have, what colours are they?
Please scan and post DTCs.

Unfortunately the car is still in "Kazeem" shop so I can't do anything now till tomorrow when I plan on taking it for scanning.
I will definitely scan and post the code tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 8:52pm On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:
You guys giving advice should calm down first, with the way he is describing things (fuel socket inside car) is either the car has been extremely remixed or the op doesn't know what he is talking about.

First step is to scan first and let him post pictures let's see things, it's from there we can give him advice cause some issues cannot be diagnosed remotely 1MZFE engine is not a too technical engine

You are definitely right brother, I don't know what am talking about. I don't know jack about cars. Lol

I will definitely take it for scanning tomorrow. Although I still don't know why someone here asked me not to take it to KIA auto shop. That's the "only" place I was told that is available in Abakaliki. I don't know if he has his reasons.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by nurey(m): 9:00pm On Aug 27, 2017
ggakunna:

You are definitely right brother, I don't know what am talking about. I don't know jack about cars. Lol

I will definitely take it for scanning tomorrow. Although I still don't know why someone here asked me not to take it to KIA auto shop. That's the "only" place I was told that is available in Abakaliki. I don't know if he has his reasons.

I don't know why too, but if I were you, I will explain to them that I need the result of the scan, the codes they find are extremely important. Interpretation of the live data could also be necessary but they may not have an idea of that. Just give us the code, a pix of that thing u plug and unplug and the engine bay.

Also don't be ashamed about your zero knowledge of cars even the experts here weren't born with the knowledge most studied, read and learn from experience. But hence fort try to learn more about your car so mechanics would not inject brain because of common headache
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by ggakunna: 11:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
nurey:

I don't know why too, but if I were you, I will explain to them that I need the result of the scan, the codes they find are extremely important. Interpretation of the live data could also be necessary but they may not have an idea of that. Just give us the code, a pix of that thing u plug and unplug and the engine bay.

Also don't be ashamed about your zero knowledge of cars even the experts here weren't born with the knowledge most studied, read and learn from experience. But hence fort try to learn more about your car so mechanics would not inject brain because of common headache

Thanks brother. This experience has shown me that even the so called good mechanic (kazeem) that the whole neibourhood respect might actually not be that good...Who knew...lol
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by semid4lyfe(m): 11:33pm On Aug 27, 2017
Not in Abakaliki presently or I would have scanned the car for the OP with my portable scanner.

Call Okey on 07063719518. His workshop is at Umoji Street very close to CAS. He uses an Autel maxidas ds708 so he'll be able to give you a comprehensive diagnosis.
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by boldx(m): 12:12pm On Sep 02, 2017
Any updates?
Re: Please Help me. My 1999 Seinna Is Emitting Black Smoke and Consuming Fuel by mikeconfidence(m): 12:47pm On Sep 02, 2017
theres only one thing that is responsible for the plight your car is going through. And it is the A/F Sensor. So your car need to be scanned so that the particular sensor can be identified and replaced. you can call me on 08059810598 for more info.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ordering From The USA / Clean Golf3 For 400k. How Possible? / How Much Does Toyota Matrix Cost.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.