Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Serious Issue: What Do You Think? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Serious Issue: What Do You Think? (3244 Views)

This Is Serious Issue! / Nigerian Women Hiding Money From Spouses Becoming A Serious Issue / Serious Sister In Law Issue- What Should I Do Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by prettigurl16(f): 2:32am On Sep 23, 2015
Hello house,

I have decided to come open with an issue that is giving me concern. The problem is that I need a man. My own man. Now, that shouldn't be a problem because I have all the qualities of a lovely wifey. However, the problem is the unavailability of Nigerian men where I am. Now let me give you the demographics:
African-2%
Caucasian-80%
Asians- 18%

What are my chances seeing as even the Africans are from countries like Kenya, Somalia, Uganda etc.

Now I have recently gotten involved with a Caucasian but the problem is all the things I have been hearing concerning them are not palatable.
So house, what are your views on interracial marriage? What should I expect or not expect?

Thank you.
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by HungerBAD: 2:34am On Sep 23, 2015
Love knows no color.

Go where your heart goes.

The most important person is you, and as long as you are happy, that is what matters.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by prettigurl16(f): 2:36am On Sep 23, 2015
True. Just want to go with my eyes wide open. Thanks.
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by tpiander: 3:08am On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16:

So house, what are your views on interracial marriage?

why do our views matter for your personal decision?

2 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by coldgate(f): 3:29am On Sep 23, 2015
Dear OP: you better come back to Nigeria o. Those oyibo people are not husband material at all. Every little thing leads to divorce. My two cents.

5 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Bacteriocin(m): 4:47am On Sep 23, 2015
you can decide to marry any of those people but have it in mind that your chance of returning to Nigeria with the children is not that certain. The end be the koko

1 Like

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Dyt(f): 5:04am On Sep 23, 2015
Wow
My sis wants a Nigerian man
Then do friends hook up
Online dating and take him over grin grin
But seriously there's no where I haven't seen a Nigerian
And love is you
Love is pure
Knows no race colour height religion language
All you need do is just find your kick
And you good to go

1 Like

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by pet4ril(f): 5:10am On Sep 23, 2015
Just pray
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by belamour(m): 5:17am On Sep 23, 2015
Will You Marry Me

Yes/No
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by yetseyi(f): 5:25am On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16, why not mention the country and city you live there might be a Nigerian on NL there who is also looking for a Nigerian wife. You never can tell.

2 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Cutehector(m): 6:26am On Sep 23, 2015
Chai.. So nigerian guys aren't so bad afterall...

5 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by 5minsmadness: 6:33am On Sep 23, 2015
Personal experience :
I know a handful of interracial couples. The truth is, the statistics are not good. Your marriage stands a "better" chance with a white dude if you plan on settling abroad. If your intention is to later come back to this country, most times your partner won't want to come with you or if they do they won't stay. White folk are also kind of impatient when it comes to the marriage thing... forget all the romance movies you watch everywhere. They are more likely to divorce you at the drop of a hat.
Let me give u a little statistics.
The first couple I know :Nigerian dude. African American wife. Messy Divorce after two years. No kids.

Second couple. Nigerian dude. Caucasian wife. One kid. She refused to have more and refused to stay in the country longer than 6months. Divorced. Man remarried a Nigerian chic.

Third couple. Caucasian dude. Nigerian chic. She wanted more kids. He wanted less. Also he became very possessive/obsessed . Divorced after three years.

Fourth couple. Caucasian dude. Nigerian wife. He visited once. Refused to return,lol. Two kids. Separated.

Fifth couple. Nigerian dude. Russian wife. Four kids. Doing well. Still going strong. She visits her country once every few years.

Sixth couple. Nigerian chic. Caucasian dude. Separated due to sex issues. He became too freaky in bed. No kids.

Seventh couple. Nigerian dude. White chic. Doing well. Own a good buisness in the south of Nigeria. Four kids.

Eighth couple. White dude. Nigerian chic. Settled in the West. Two kids. Still going strong after eight years. She rarely comes home to naija.

Funny enough I think Asians might actually be more tolerant than whites. There is always this culture clash when it comes to marriages from the west and Africa as a whole and it adds extra to the already normal strain that comes with the first few years of marriage.

At the end of the day though, I must stress that this is a personal experience. Only you know what you are willing to accept and tolerate. Whatever man you are following be he white black or yellow make sure you find out about all his mannerisms first. Make sure you are getting married out of compatibility/ friendship, not 'love'. Cos when the chips are down its the friendship and compatibility that will cement the relationship together. Love at the early stages of marriage has a tendency to be fleeting.

Good hunting.

13 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Nigga44: 6:55am On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16:

Hello house,

I have decided to come open with an issue that is giving me concern. The problem is that I need a man. My own man. Now, that shouldn't be a problem because I have all the qualities of a lovely wifey. However, the problem is the unavailability of Nigerian men where I am. Now let me give you the demographics:
African-2%
Caucasian-80%
Asians- 18%

What are my chances seeing as even the Africans are from countries like Kenya, Somalia, Uganda etc.

Now I have recently gotten involved with a Caucasian but the problem is all the things I have been hearing concerning them are not palatable.
So house, what are your views on interracial marriage? What should I expect or not expect?

Thank you.
No igbo man where you stay? That's weird

2 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 8:43am On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16:

Hello house,

African-2%
Caucasian-80%
Asians- 18%

Thank you.
no wonder you are still desperately single.... you put too much thought into things...... I think you've reached a level where you are self sabotaging because of bieng afraid to be heart broken..... get yourself out there, if you like him, and he likes you, go with it.... don't start looking for some excuses to back out.... if it doesn't work, atleast you would have tried... nothing comes on a silver platter.

5 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by prettigurl16(f): 10:32am On Sep 23, 2015
Tanx everyone. Staggering statistics you've got there @5minsmadness.
Very scary too. Someone asked if there is no Nigerian at all here. Actually, they are very few. The ones I meet at church all have their wives
with them. The single ones only want oyibo chicks. Nigerian girls are just left hanging. Sad.

1 Like

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by mrsmith11(m): 10:38am On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16:
Tanx everyone. Staggering statistics you've got there @5minsmadness.
Very scary too. Someone asked if there is no Nigerian at all here. Actually, they are very few. The ones I meet at church all have their wives
with them. The single ones only want oyibo chicks. Nigerian girls are just left hanging. Sad.

Where are you?
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by prettigurl16(f): 10:40am On Sep 23, 2015
Tasmania
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by mrsmith11(m): 10:52am On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16:
Tasmania

Australia?

Lotano

1 Like

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by eyinjuege: 11:37am On Sep 23, 2015
You better follow your heart.
Nigerian couples do divorce and it can be messier than ever. The person you're dating now, is he a decent fellow? Does he put your interest at heart in everything he does or decisions he takes?, does he treat his fellow human beings decently?
If he's a man of integrity, why not just put your mind in the relationship and make it work cos from your thoughts it seems you're just dating him cos you don't have other available options

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 11:55am On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16:
Tasmania

If you are hell bent on marrying a Nigerian, then you might have to change location. Have you considered moving to more vibrant and multicultural cities/states with more Nigerians? Perth, Sydney, Melbourne etc

Looking at the percentage of Africans in Tasmania (not to talk of Nigerians), it will be difficult getting a good single ready to mingle guy.
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by prettigurl16(f): 12:32pm On Sep 23, 2015
@Phema: True. It is just that I have a contract Job for 2 yrs here. I can't leave now.
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by haul: 2:17pm On Sep 23, 2015
Kai!!! See free toto for here Oooo! Chineke!

Which means any naija guy wey go bump to you like this omo the guy go just dey hump dey go!

As a sharp guy, if e don sense thise desperacy na too chop am troway after usage!

NB don't be in a rush!
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by sevule(m): 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
I completely understand why you want to marry a Nigerian due to shared values and a similar culture but marriage is much more than these things. As you pointed out there are just no marriageable Nigerian men where you stay so what are your options?

1. Long distance relationship with a man in Nigeria: This would be a disaster in my opinion because you are too far away for any meaningful relationship and chances of infidelity are pretty high.
2. Search for a Nigerian in nearby cities: Australia is pretty big and chances are that this might not work either. Besides you stated that the single Nigerians you met are more interested in the Aussie babes over there so this doesn't work either
3. Settle down with someone in your location that genuinely likes you regardless of the fatc that they are oyibo.

I honestly think you should go with the third option. Find someone who has the same values as you and who really likes you and start a relationship that would hopefully end up in marriage.

Best of luck

4 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Joy1706(f): 4:33pm On Sep 23, 2015
coldgate:
Dear OP: you better come back to Nigeria o. Those oyibo people are not husband material at all. Every little thing leads to divorce. My two cents.
This is a blatant lie. Grab urself a man where you are. Most Nigerian men are nothing to write home about. Save urself from a possible life of misery abeg. Our men know nothing about being husbands

2 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by pickabeau1: 4:41pm On Sep 23, 2015
Is it not the same naijaguys being bastardised by others on this forum?

Op

Maybe you should open your mind to other nationalities
According to others here

They are refined
They are caring

Lol
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by limamintruth: 5:15pm On Sep 23, 2015
HungerBAD:
Love knows no color.

Go where your heart goes.

The most important person is you, and as long as you are happy, that is what matters.

True.

@op, what matters most is the person's character and whether he is truly in love with you.
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Sep 23, 2015
OP who Nigerian husband help? Marry anyone that's reasonable and appropriate if you like them and they like you.... Seems like your desperate but please remember you won't marry yourself, a dude has to ask you.

Good luck.

3 Likes

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Stillfire: 5:40pm On Sep 23, 2015
prettigurl16:

Hello house,
African-2%
Caucasian-80%
Asians- 18%
Thank you.

Are the things you hear about Nigerian men palatable either? Just take a trip to google, and search Nigerian men if you won't have heart attack and question their unrefined morality. grin cheesy
Anyway, you have a preference and unfortunately your preference is tied to a nationality with characteristics that can scare the hair off anyone's neck. I can only pray for you and wish you good luck in your search. So stick to your preference if that would make you truly happy. I only advice interracial relationships to people it comes naturally to.

Meanwhile here is a Nigerian girl vlogger in an interracial marriage. There are some other ones on youtube like that. Very cute relationships.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Dx-tINs4Mc

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by coldgate(f): 2:42am On Sep 25, 2015
OP: I have a brother who is very responsible. Correct Naija guy. If you are interested I will introduce you. Naija guys are cool and family oriented.
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by SAMBARRY: 4:54am On Sep 25, 2015
Op don't mind those saying go with the flow you will soon crash land if you go with the flow without your senses. Just take your time and weigh things deeply

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by Nobody: 5:32am On Sep 25, 2015
@OP I'd like to ask what your short and medium term goals are as regards dating and marriage.

I assume you'd want to also put your age into consideration.
Re: Serious Issue: What Do You Think? by prettigurl16(f): 7:16am On Sep 25, 2015
@Brandnew2: Same goals as everyone I guess. Meet Mr. right, hook up, get married, have lots of children and live happily ever after!

(1) (2) (Reply)

. / All I Desire In 2021 / How Do One Survive A Home Of Abusive Parents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.