Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,962 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues - NYSC (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues (69874 Views)

You Don’t Apply For Exemption Certificate, Says Ex-nysc Director / How To Change NYSC Date Of Birth During Online Registration / Muslim Group Rejects New NYSC Date For Orientation Due To Ramadan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Bestie0309(f): 10:58am On Nov 02, 2016
Atamia2015@gmail.com
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by skolab4(m): 8:02pm On Nov 02, 2016
Adesuwag:
what is your DOB? I'd reply everyone here except you have something different to solve.
my DOB is 1990 but they gave me 1986 and I got ur exemption certificate is in process
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by davimiles(m): 12:15am On Nov 03, 2016
Davidnwosu24@yahoo.com... Got an issue with date of birth in my nysc registrarion
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 1:28pm On Nov 03, 2016
skolab4:

my DOB is 1990 but they gave me 1986 and I got ur exemption certificate is in process
The new procedure for PCMs is to submit a handwritten application to the Student Affairs Officer (SAO) of their institution to be forwarded to NYSC including the following;
i. A copy of WAEC Result showing date of birth
ii. Completed bio-data form upon entry into the institution
iii. First School Leaving Certificate
iv. WAEC Result Verification Pin for use by NYSC

You can also forward to Info@nysc.gov.ng
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by titosblink: 11:30pm On Nov 03, 2016
aoclems@gmail.com
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by yommysure(m): 7:32pm On Nov 07, 2016
Giftez:

Sorry dear! I never meant 2 mislead u as @Hephhemcomputer thought. I mistakenly gave u d steps to be used to collect exemption cert. instead of exclusion cert. Try 2 be checking ur dashboard because whenever it s ready, u will surely know.

How can I get to my dashboard from the home page?
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Switup: 1:09pm On Nov 08, 2016
dswitee@yahoo. com

plus i haven't yet paid the 3k as a result of d issue. should i go ahead n d payment...?
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Switup: 1:43pm On Nov 08, 2016
Switup:
DOB issues. dswitee@yahoo.com
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by iphi(m): 10:43am On Nov 09, 2016
Please house i graduated in 2015, I got the exclusion letter which was not signed. Now I got info that there is a way to get the signed copy by paying a sum to the bank with your RRR number and they gave me the website to go ...portal.nysc.gov.ng... but there is no place to login in my email to get the number please I need it, what do I do? iphibobo@yahoo.com..
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by tetengi4life(m): 2:39pm On Nov 09, 2016
Congratulations to the serving and prospective corps members.
There is more in service than what some may think. if you wish to do a personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake, then you may need some tutorials and free materials (project applicatopn letters, solicitation letters, project analysis etc) to guid you. its all in this thread fee of charge and i shall always be there to guide you. thanks and all the best https://www.nairaland.com/3180268/nysc-personal-cds-procedures-made

below is proof of my awards/commendation from the state governor and we are looking forward to the presidential awards

Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by arcnomec(m): 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2016
onuegbukindness@gmail.com..DOB issue.i was given 1998 instead of 1989 as DOB n i can't proceed with my registration since oct 18th.Help me out
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 7:45pm On Nov 09, 2016
iphi:
Please house i graduated in 2015, I got the exclusion letter which was not signed. Now I got info that there is a way to get the signed copy by paying a sum to the bank with your RRR number and they gave me the website to go ...portal.nysc.gov.ng... but there is no place to login in my email to get the number please I need it, what do I do? iphibobo@yahoo.com..
have you registered on the NYSC portal?
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
arcnomec:
onuegbukindness@gmail.com..DOB issue.i was given 1998 instead of 1989 as DOB n i can't proceed with my registration since oct 18th.Help me out
scroll up to see the solution.
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 7:46pm On Nov 09, 2016
[quote author=Switup post=50866820][/quote]scroll up to see the solution
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 7:49pm On Nov 09, 2016
All PCMs that have date of birth issue are to complete the online registration before their application for correction can be treated
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by iphi(m): 4:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
Adesuwag:
have you registered on the NYSC portal?
yes I registered and got the unsigned copy of the exclusion letter but I don't know how to get the signed copy...
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 4:48pm On Nov 10, 2016
iphi:
yes I registered and got the unsigned copy of the exclusion letter but I don't know how to get the signed copy...
when did you register online?
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by arcnomec(m): 11:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
I have done all that is listed there.Yet i can't moved passed stage 2.it keep displaying 'ur date of birth can't be greater than the date of graduation from primary education' scroll up to see the solution [/quote]
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Taeewo(m): 5:25am On Nov 11, 2016
arcnomec:
I have done all that is listed there.Yet i can't moved passed stage 2.it keep displaying 'ur date of birth can't be greater than the date of graduation from primary education' scroll up to see the solution
Then u change the year of primary school. ...They already told u the cause.. ..
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by iphi(m): 10:56am On Nov 11, 2016
Adesuwag:
when did you register online?
this time last year can't remember the date but it was Nov
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by tetengi4life(m): 12:54pm On Nov 11, 2016
congratulations to the serving and prospective corps members. For those that wish to engage in personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake, then you need to follow this thread for free online coaching with free materials (project application letters, project analysis/estimate, solicitation and fundraising etc) and guidance
https://www.nairaland.com/3180268/nysc-personal-cds-procedures-made

Below are some evidence of my state award and commendation letter from the state governor, NYSC, and Nigerian Prison Service respectively
All the best

Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 10:21am On Nov 13, 2016
COLLECTION/REPLACEMENT OF CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
Below are the requirements for collection/replacement of certificate of exemption.

In accordance with the National Youth Service Corps Decree 1993 section 2 subsection (1) it is stipulated that;

"With effect from 1st August, 1985, a person shall NOT be called upon to serve in the service corps if, at the date of graduation or obtaining his diploma or other professional qualification" :
He is over the age of thirty (30) years
He has served in the Armed Forces of the Federation or the Nigeria Police Force for a period of more than nine months; or
He is a member of staff of any of the following:

The Nigerian Security Organization or
The State Security Service, or
The National Intelligence Agency or
The Defence Intelligence Service
He has been conferred with any National Honour.
These categories of persons are therefore exempted from service and issued with the Certificates of Exemption.
ELIGIBILITY
Nigerian Graduates either home or oversea trained who have the stipulated qualification of (B.SC, B.A or HND) from approved or accredited Institution by (NUC, NTBE or NCCE) are eligible for Exemption Certificate however while foreign trained graduates must submit their Certificates at the Mobilization Department for Evaluation.
PROCESS OF COLLECTION OF CERTIFICATE OF EXEMPTION
HOME TRAINED GRADUATES
The process begins from the Corps Producing Institutions.
The tertiary institutions attended. The School submits the master list of their graduates alongside with the Senate approved result to NYSC.
A print-out is processed by NYSC classifying those to be called up for service and those to be exempted. This print-out is sent back to the Institutions for verifications and corrections after which they are returned to NYSC as an agreed/corrected document.
With the print-out, the Certificates of Exemption are produced, documented and sent back to the Institutions for issuance to the appropriate persons.
Please note: Collection of Certificate of Exemption for home trained graduates is only done in the Institution of graduation and not in NYSC office.
FOREIGN TRAINED GRADUATES
The process begins with the evaluation of credentials and other related documents i.e. International passport.
After the evaluation of credentials the foreign trained graduate is then registered and this is physically done at the NYSC directorate headquarters, Abuja. It is at the point of registration that the classification of who to be called-up or who to be exempted; is determined.
Certificates of Exemption are therefore produced for those exempted from service.
Such Certificates of Exemption for foreign graduates are to be collected at the NYSC directorate headquarters at the stipulated time communicated.
Please note:

Collection of Certificate of Exemption is grouped under the three batches of the service year, depending on the date of registration. This equally would be communicated to exempted graduates at the point of registration.
Collection of Certificate of Exemption is strictly with identification such as International passport and the bearer MUST BE PHYSICALLY PRESENT.
CORRECTIONS/COMPLAINTS
Issues of complaints and corrections for home trained graduates are to be routed through the Institutions of graduation. The school then forwards such cases with necessary attachments such as photocopy of print-out to NYSC for the purpose of rectification or further necessary action.

Foreign trained graduates are to submit handwritten application with the attachment of photocopy of International passport –data page and original Certificate of Exemption to be addressed to the Director-General, NYSC NDHQ, Abuja, indicating their address and telephone number.
REPLACEMENT
In the case of loss of Certificate of Exemption, the following steps are to be taken.
Home Trained
A letter of notification/request routed through the Institution of graduation and addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
Police Extract/Report
Court Affidavit
Where available, a copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption
Foreign Trained
A letter of notification/request addressed to the Director-General, NYSC.
Police Extract/Report
Court Affidavit
Photocopy of International passport
Where available, the copy of the lost Certificate of Exemption

It is the policy of the Scheme not to reprint lost or burnt Certificates. Letters of Confirmation are issued instead.
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by herdhewalhe: 6:30am On Nov 15, 2016
I hav submitt the document needed for rectification of excemption but it has not been rectified and today is the last day for registration. Can someone help me on what to do?
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by tetengi4life(m): 8:29am On Nov 15, 2016
Congratulations to the prospective and serving corps members. For those that wish to engage in personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake should go through this thread, where I coach people online, I shall materials (project application, solicitation letters, project analysis and experiences etc) FREE OF CHARGE

I have also won the state award, hoping for the presidential award
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by chidiokpe: 8:33am On Nov 23, 2016
If you have Date of Birth and Exemption Issues: Contact 08083061282 for advice and solutions.
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Switup: 2:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
Adesuwag:
scroll up to see the solution
pls i would like for u to give me assistance here. am having DOB Issues. buh ive done all i was required to do. however nothing's been said bout our case. how much longer does one wait.

thanx in anticipation of an answer
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by tetengi4life(m): 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2016
Congratulations to the prospective and serving corps members. For those of you that wish to engage in personal community development service for humanity, state award or presidential award sake should go through this thread and you will find all the required steps and materials FREE OF CHARGE
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Adesuwag(m): 8:08am On Nov 25, 2016
Switup:
pls i would like for u to give me assistance here. am having DOB Issues. buh ive done all i was required to do. however nothing's been said bout our case. how much longer does one wait.

thanx in anticipation of an answer
send a mail to info@nysc.gov.ng

1 Like

Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Switup: 3:48pm On Dec 06, 2016
Adesuwag:
send a mail to info@nysc.gov.ng
hi, ive sent abt 3mails to d above. i still havnt gotten any feedback. pls wat do i do. waiting without a response is so terrible.

dob issues.
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by folaschool: 2:08am On Dec 11, 2016
pls, am 31 already, can i still go for service if am interested
Re: NYSC Date Of Birth And Exemption Issues by Rinsola32(f): 8:32am On Dec 24, 2016
Good morning, please, are exemption letter issued immediately or after the batch one registers finish their one year service?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (15) (Reply)

Female Corper Almost Raped By An Okada Man In Ibadan Today (Photos) / Chai!Nigerian Graduate Indeed (PICS) / Interesting Experiences Of Corpers Serving In Remote Villages

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.