Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,656 members, 7,955,370 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

I Want To Write A Resignation Letter - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Write A Resignation Letter (23777 Views)

Is This The Best Resignation Letter Ever? / Resignation Letter Format / Check Out This Resignation Letter (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by JumpingChicken(m): 11:46pm On Sep 23, 2015
wellmax:
I had previously worked for a few years in PHC before this present job. From day one it was terrible, you can't just please my boss. I will soon learn that no one stays in my position for more than 6 months. They all resigned out of frustration. I'm at that point too now, and I intend to tender my resignation on Monday.

I need advice on a short, concise and apt resignation letter

If you want my job, I can give you link to the company cheesy

Why don't you work till december before quitting? Anyways,What's the nature of the job bros?
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by millhouse: 11:59pm On Sep 23, 2015
Gbam
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Nobody: 12:22am On Sep 24, 2015
Never resign until you get another job, that'll be a dumb move. Besides, do you know if the boss at the new job will be better? Life's full of a holes learn to deal with it.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by holwadamilolah(m): 12:43am On Sep 24, 2015
wellmax:
I had previously worked for a few years in PHC before this present job. From day one it was terrible, you can't just please my boss. I will soon learn that no one stays in my position for more than 6 months. They all resigned out of frustration. I'm at that point too now, and I intend to tender my resignation on Monday.

#
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by holwadamilolah(m): 12:47am On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=wellmax post=38309221]I had previously worked for a few years in PHC before this present job. From day one it was terrible, you can't just please my boss. I will soon learn that no one stays in my position for more than 6 months. They all resigned out of frustration. I'm at that point too now, and I intend to tender my resignation on Monday.

If you want my job, I can give you link to the company
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Jake0556(m): 2:45am On Sep 24, 2015
thecollector:
Careful, resign in peace if u want to and be polite. U never know where ur gonnaa meet that man again, remember ur young and just starting out, too early to be burning bridges, it would hunt yaa.
thecollector:
Careful, resign in peace if u want to and be polite. U never know where ur gonnaa meet that man again, remember ur young and just starting out, too early to be burning bridges, it would hunt yaa.
thecollector:
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by MicroBox: 5:29am On Sep 24, 2015
the more you listen to the story of people leaving after six month,the more you want to give yourself reasons to quit....
I must be sincere with you, there is no job in the country. I also quit my job and I realise job search in Nigeria is terrible.. though I m back to work with more pay. please have a plan before you quit, nobody at home will ever understand what you are passing through at work,have enough backup plan before you quit, think about the pay and your goal leave out satisfying your boss
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by faithbibi(f): 6:23am On Sep 24, 2015
Please can you send me the link... orji_faith23@yahoo.com , Pls, I want to know why you think you can't please your boss
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by dammytosh: 6:25am On Sep 24, 2015
aspabay:
Dear Sir,

Letter of Resignation

Enough is Enough.

Thank you.

Good one

One text "I no dey do again" to 606. Terms and condition apply.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Chimacks(f): 6:33am On Sep 24, 2015
I had a similar experience some years back. My boss was soooo difficult to please. I heard and i also saw. But, you know what? I endured and we became the best of friends and even now. People were so suprised. I don't work for him again but we are still good friends. Let me tell you my secret (1) God - I prayed and asked God for help . (2) I am not easily intimidated. Refuse to be intimidated,bro. Stop looking at his face for a while and make sure you do your job. Trust me, i have been there. Endure a little while and resign when you get a better job and not because of his attitude. God bless you!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by jayuuk: 6:52am On Sep 24, 2015
Please give me the link to the company, tired of staying at home,i can manage a bad boss

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Nobody: 6:54am On Sep 24, 2015
wellmax:

Please lemmie have the link to your company. Someone right beside me is also planning to resign his current job because it's not challenging enough. I'm Waiting

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by jamalchance(m): 6:59am On Sep 24, 2015
Resigning outta frustration

Well since u are ready to resign use the time u have left to tell the man that two can play that game

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by CravingChic: 7:28am On Sep 24, 2015
bros abeg no vex, drop the link. mesef dey hard to please, i think i can work with your boss. grin grin
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by FredHandsome(m): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2015
Tamakay:
Change ur attitude towards him or her. Pls try and find out why ur boss is harsh. If u find out nothing scary about him prepare ur resignation but dont give him yet but confront him squarely. Pls when u are confronting him make sure u speak good English and try to let him realize u got something upstairs. But I doubt because dis one u are asking us to write a resignation letter. And if all what I said fails,pls resign because occultic employers often behaves like that.
I like your line of thought. Now, what did you mean by "occultic employers often behave like that"? Because you got me thinking about something I experienced in a former workplace...
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by lokonzo78: 7:35am On Sep 24, 2015
Guy, you better don't quit. So many people face worst on a daily basis, but have to cope because every job is an opportunity to make livelihood. Remember, bloodiful at work, welcome at home.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Nobody: 7:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Nature129:

You should think about this decision thoroughly because it is not easy out there. There are no jobs and as a result, people spend many years after nysc looking for jobs. Employers understand all this that's why they exploit us. I advise you stay patient and take whatever trash you get from him so long as it won't cost your life, and any day you get a better job, you can even call him on the phone from your house to inform him you have quit the job without stressing yourself to write any resignation letter. That's what normal people do.

Even though its not easy out der, does that mean he should kill himself. You know some pple can be very useless and the kind of job you do that doesn't give you rest of mind could lead to something else. Its no different from a target job. Becauce I remember in one interview they asked me 'what kind of job do you like?' So I should say the job that will frustrate my life? I have been in his shoes before and i know what the OP is going through
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by lonelydora: 8:26am On Sep 24, 2015
hilaomo:

Oga boss,
As I take sign in na so I want take signout.
E done tey when I be wan tell you my mind,but I just chillax untill I collect my small change,but now when e done happen eh!I know say you done already accept this signing out letter(atleast na make you dey read am),but if you no gree...abeg come ask me where I wan position that origin bottle again!
THUNDER FIRE YOU,
YOUR WORST ENEMY

You need to see how I'm laughing here.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Trustworthiness: 8:35am On Sep 24, 2015
wellmax:

A lot of guys have supplied you with advices. Some good and some bad advices.

Yo me, you have not given us what are the exact things your boss are not please with. Most times, the problem may not be from your boss but you yourself. Most Nigerians complain of their boss when they are busy doing things irrelevant to what they are asked to do.

I will advice you to know what your boss needed from you to do. If you are not clear about what he wants, ask questions to get clearer understanding of what he wants. I believe you are behaving like typical Nigerians that panics and shaking when confronted by the boss or very afraid to discuss real with their boss.

I remember when still in school as undergraduate. Students do complain about a particular lecturer. But i realised that the lecturer is not the problem but the students themselves, who want to pass the test and exams without studying and go extra miles in their studies.

I am not here to tell you not to resign your job nor keep your job. I believe you will be able to learn from people who have resigned their job without going to another and no second plan if unable to get a job.

1 Like

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Pidggin(f): 8:40am On Sep 24, 2015
wellmax:

So someone can frustrate u enough to give up your means of income? grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by otimothy(m): 8:51am On Sep 24, 2015
op i know what you are going through first hand believe me however please never drop your resignation letter without securing a better offer,let me give you an example as i work in a multinational where you just dont get promoted in a year however i got promoted twice in 10months the last one was crazy as i was up against my prospective boss candidate,i made it and got hostility for you know why however my secret was simple,i chose to be better now that same boss is my pal,when you look at him see your ladder to be great.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by GidisFinest: 9:14am On Sep 24, 2015
Endurance is key to success,

If you cant take it any more just leave... coz to resign is better than to get fired smiley
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by clemzo101(m): 9:32am On Sep 24, 2015
I'm laughing like a mad man here....u are too funny
aspabay:
Dear Sir,

Letter of Resignation

Enough is Enough.

Thank you.

Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by mastelbiz: 9:45am On Sep 24, 2015
Wisdom is profitable to direct, my first question is are you a christian? if yes, then your God is capable to granting you victory over this challenge. Second is, as an employee it will pay you to understand your boss. Seek to understand what He or She expects of you and go all out to deliver. Except you have another Job or are going into business i will ask you to stay and figure things out. Lastly remember that in life you are only promoted for things you overcome and not what you ran away from. All the best and God's grace will see you through.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by zoogy2007: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2015
My dear, we work with such people on a daily basis. You need to be patient. I will advice that you see this as an opportunity to learn and improve your self.
I am sure there are ways which can you satisfy his demands (on the job). See this as a task and work through it. It may also be that he is usually stressed off the job (family issues) and then comes to the office and takes it out on you. All you need to do is to manage him.

Do not resign just yet. It is very rough out there.

Best of luck.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by willuu: 10:16am On Sep 24, 2015
I also want to resign but have not plan for next step. so I am still there. Good luck bro!! shocked
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Heureaux: 10:26am On Sep 24, 2015
wellmax:

pls i need ur job now,then when my sch resumes i'll give it back to you
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by AdeojoFolukeC(f): 10:50am On Sep 24, 2015
My boss is worst! I am always praying to God to create in me patience. I try hard to laugh over annoying issues.
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by sweetlaw: 10:53am On Sep 24, 2015
[quote author=aspabay post=38309262]Dear Sir,

Letter of Resignation

Enough is Enough.

Thank you.

Lol.......u need no other advice oioi
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by sweetlaw: 10:54am On Sep 24, 2015
Nature129:

You should think about this decision thoroughly because it is not easy out there. There are no jobs and as a result, people spend many years after nysc looking for jobs. Employers understand all this that's why they exploit us. I advise you stay patient and take whatever trash you get from him so long as it won't cost your life, and any day you get a better job, you can even call him on the phone from your house to inform him you have quit the job without stressing yourself to write any resignation letter. That's what normal people do.

Wrong advice........
Re: I Want To Write A Resignation Letter by Tamakay(m): 11:11am On Sep 24, 2015
FredHandsome:
I like your line of thought. Now, what did you mean by "occultic employers often behave like that"? Because you got me thinking about something I experienced in a former workplace...

U knw what I mean just that u want to knw more.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Should I Spend N40m On Harvard Business School Mba Or Just Do Business With It? / If You Want To Be Successful Financially, Avoid These Things / Learn From My Mistake-make Hay While The Sun Shines.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.