Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,177 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) (7480 Views)

Corper Wearing Skirt At NYSC Camp Causes Stir (Photos, Video) / Corpers Punished At Abia NYSC Camp (Photos) / Corper Critically Sick In Sokoto NYSC Camp (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 12:38pm On Sep 24, 2015
For those of you preparing for NYSC camp,I'll drop some few tips to help your life. This is not one of those BCs, this is me telling you what the BC won't tell you. Firstly,congratulation fr finally making it thru the university or any other institution you broke out from.
Camp is fun, trust me,it is FUN.but without proper cordination,you will carry last. This is a list of what you gotta know
1. dont arrive on first day,leave it for the ajibos and oversabis.They will tell u to come on first day to get a good bedspace,thats bullshit.you will end up in the dullest hostel by doing that.
2. dont start showing off by first week,nobody is really watching by then.save ur magic for the 2nd week,then you can move the world(camp rather).But thats nt all,the best time is the last week, thats when it all mks sense.I cant go into details,you will understand when you get there.
3. pleaseee pleasee, there are tins you shouldnt start carrying to camp,u will buy them there. Dont ever buy bucket to camp!!who does that??
4. Neatness,,This is the key to controlling respect n love. don't dress like your white n white was designed by kanye west,dress smart!There was this dude that always spoil my day with his clothing,God bless him sha.
5. cool down and make reasonable friends, it might change your life.i noticed most private uni grads roll with fellow private uni grad, thats uncool. Try and make friends outside the box dude!
6. Ok,you are a real nigga and you feel like "these hoes cant hold me down" and wanna break the law, DONT !!!Those army will really hold you down.I dont mean you should respect all the laws, you can try bending some, afterall, Nobody dies.
7. Take alot of pictures. You will appreciate them later on.
8. If you are a fun loving person,Never ever ever join those marching crew.If you do,your body go tell you.
9. Beware of free drinks at mami!! If you mistakenly get drunk at mami,my brother you will wake up in a new burgatti without your wallet.
10. MONEY MONEY MONEY !!! come with as much as possible, you will need it like cossy need her push-up.
Have a great time in camp.#YOLO #BLESS
let me say this,HAVE MADDD FUN!!!!don't form actor because nobody send anybody.

9 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by LifeIsGuhd(f): 3:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
Making Sense cool

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by oluwaisaac(m): 3:59pm On Sep 24, 2015
What if the state given to me has a wonderful orientation camp, should I still avoid going there the first day? Plus, would we be given a time frame, say the deadline to resume in camp?
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by Jdbrasco2: 4:20pm On Sep 24, 2015
Thanx for d info ThatNova.Abeg what is BC?
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by badinfluence: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
By dullest hostel you mean??
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by Lagusta(m): 5:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
This is like the 8000th time peeps have been hammering about money money money!!!!

Now the golden question: HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH??!??!?!!!!!?!!!!
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 7:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
Jdbrasco2:
Thanx for d info ThatNova.Abeg what is BC?
broadcast message
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
oluwaisaac:
What if the state given to me has a wonderful orientation camp, should I still avoid going there the first day? Plus, would we be given a time frame, say the deadline to resume in camp?
the stubborn and fun giys always come late so they all end up in one hostel making it the notorious hostel.thats just d logic
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2015
badinfluence:
By dullest hostel you mean??
hostel full of calm dudes.they dont make noise,they dnt serve pinishment.
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 7:23pm On Sep 24, 2015
Lagusta:
This is like the 8000th time peeps have been hammering about money money money!!!!

Now the golden question: HOW MUCH IS ENOUGH??!??!?!!!!!?!!!!
depends on your persona.
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by henrixx(m): 8:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
ThatNova:

depends on your persona.
20k Do?
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 8:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
henrixx:
20k Do?
if you are extremely economical with it.
it will cover ur laundry for the 21days,will pay fr food sm days that the food is crap(which is almost all days).and the bright side is you will get 1k,1500 and 19800.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by Lagusta(m): 1:19am On Sep 25, 2015
ThatNova:

it will cover ur laundry for the 21days,will pay fr food sm days that the food is crap(which is almost all days).and the bright side is you will get 1k,1500 and 19800.

That's all I wanna know....
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by durella32: 5:10am On Sep 25, 2015
Lagusta:

That's all I wanna know....
Do u mean there are people corpers pay to get their laundry done for them?pls enlighten me on the issue of laundry in camps..cause i hate washing
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by henrixx(m): 6:09am On Sep 25, 2015
ThatNova:

is it a must that we pay for laundry
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by dexcira(f): 7:32am On Sep 25, 2015
durella32:
Do u mean there are people corpers pay to get their laundry done for them?pls enlighten me on the issue of laundry in camps..cause i hate washing
. Yes dearie. In my camp it was 50# per clothe. Plenty laundry workers as long as u hv your money
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by dexcira(f): 7:35am On Sep 25, 2015
henrixx:
. Nup. Is optional. You can wash your clothes. You only pay if u need their services
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by goldenone(f): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2015
Most of these only applies to guys jor!!! Some girls will come l8 and still be as dry and boring as stock fish; I wont go l8 and yet av got a li2 degree of humor!

2 Likes

Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by dexcira(f): 7:39am On Sep 25, 2015
oluwaisaac:
. Yes there's always a deadline. Because d swearing in is always two days after camp opens and u are expected to have finished your registration before d swearing in. E.g most tyms camp registration starts on Tuesday, swearing in on Thursday

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by dexcira(f): 7:40am On Sep 25, 2015
goldenone:
Most of these only applies to guys jor!!! Some girls will come l8 and still be as dry and boring as stock fish; I wont go l8 and yet av got a li2 degree of humor!
. Lol stock fish grin
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by sparkleRed(f): 8:04am On Sep 25, 2015
My opinion too, if u feel u want to go on d first day, u can , it's ow u relate wit ur rummates dat makes dem lively or boring, and yes u might get good space, like down bunk, instead of having to climb up, I went to camp a day to camp opening sef, Niger state paiko, helped me in registering on tym, dats if u smart still tho

And congrat guys have fun in camp, and yes don't over flaunt d rules, might get u in problem, buh some rules re flexible tho

1 Like

Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 8:15am On Sep 25, 2015
henrixx:
yu can decide to wash but stand the risk of losing it. sometimes it's not even about losing it, you won't just be in the mood.
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 8:19am On Sep 25, 2015
is #50 for polo, #50 for short .the socks and handky will be jara. lol.....we even buy hot water for bathing.yu can imagine
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by henrixx(m): 8:24am On Sep 25, 2015
ThatNova:

yu can decide to wash but stand the risk of losing it. sometimes it's not even about losing it, you won't just be in the mood.
wwlosing wat? U mean the clothes will be stolen
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 8:28am On Sep 25, 2015
henrixx:
wwlosing wat? U mean the clothes will be stolen
yes nah.boys are not smiling oooo. you can omagine that peoples cap get stolen upom d fact that evribody got a cap
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by henrixx(m): 8:32am On Sep 25, 2015
ThatNova:

yes nah.boys are not smiling oooo. you can omagine that peoples cap get stolen upom d fact that evribody got a cap
jeez omo mehn. Thanks for the info
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by amii131(f): 9:39am On Sep 25, 2015
Lol steal ke....me that likes washing every cloth i wear each day how me go do am shocked see gobe
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by Nobody: 10:47am On Sep 25, 2015
ThatNova:

my man I can give d laundry-man anytin oo but not my boxers or wat d ladies call undies grin,will they steal my boxers too?
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by durella32: 12:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
dexcira:
. Yes dearie. In my camp it was 50# per clothe. Plenty laundry workers as long as u hv your money
mehn my own dn better ooh....tnk god
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by ThatNova(m): 12:41pm On Sep 25, 2015
chigo93:
my man I can give d laundry-man anytin oo but not my boxers or wat d ladies call undies grin,will they steal my boxers too?
there was loss of boxers ooo, even d ladies complained of underwear theft too. But we were still taking the risk of washing them ourselves, i no fit give laundryman my innerwear.
Re: 10 Things You Should Know About NYSC Camp(my Opinion) by badinfluence: 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
ThatNova:
hostel full of calm dudes.they dont make noise,they dnt serve pinishment.
So that's a problem? O wow.. calm dudes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nysc Presidential Award / A Thread For Corpers Posted To Plateau Batch B 2013 / NYSC Redeploys Corps Members From Troubled States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.