Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,147 members, 7,860,118 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 06:02 AM

The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. (1169 Views)

The Significance Of Palm Sunday / What Is The Significance Of 40 In The Bible? / What Are The Significance Of Going To Church Every 31st Of December? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
It is day Abraham/Ibrahim, an Arab, decided not to kill his son for meat, but a ram.

It is the day Africans decided to quit work to celebrate some cannibalistic Arab.

It is the day we decided to grant holiday for an event a descendant of Africa his being honoured.

It is the day Yorubas decided it is better to honour a cannibal than the Ibadan warriors that stopped the Fulani siege into Yorubaland.

It is a day the Egbas decided it is best to celebrate a cannibal over Lisabi.

It is the day an Igbo man decided to honour a s!cko over Jaja of Opobo.

It is the day an Hausa man decided to celebrated the erosion of is identity by Islam.

It is the day our present leaders chose to reward one of our past “heroes” - Abraham/Ibrahim.

It is the day our present leaders chose to teach the future leaders how to reward them.

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by johnydon22(m): 1:02pm On Sep 24, 2015
Abraham/Ibrahim a man who was ready to murder his son because some voices in his head told him to.

Anyone who think it is right to revere such individuals who exhibit such barbaric tendencies must be blatantly idiotic.

In the world today nobody will revere such persons who will almost kill their Child because God said they should.

No in the world today that person would have been in prison for attempted murder and psychiatric hospital for mental evaluation.

And the little child taken to a better place to recover from the shock and trauma such disturbing event must have caused.

But Alas an ancient books praised a man who exhibited such lunacy and people created religions around him.... Many ways religion turns 21st century being into complete simpletons

5 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 24, 2015
johnydon22:
Abraham/Ibrahim a man who was ready to murder his son because some voices in his head told him to.

Anyone who think it is right to revere such individuals who exhibit such barbaric tendencies must be blatantly idiotic.

In the world today nobody will revere such persons who will almost kill their Child because God said they should.

No in the world today that person would have been in prison for attempted murder and the little child taken to a better place to recover from the shock and trauma such disturbing event must have caused.

But Alas an ancient books praised a man who exhibited such lunacy and people created religions around him.... Many ways religion turns 21st century being into complete simpletons

I have never seen any tangible purpose to this nonsense festival.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by johnydon22(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
theAtheist101:

I have never seen any tangible purpose to this nonsense festival.

Because they feel the need to celebrate a man who nearly killed his son when in the real sense such people are dubbed insane and dangerous.

That a sane human praises someone who had the stomach to attempt killing his child shows such human has a dangerous tendency of committing the same crime if ever the need arises.

Since they see it as a virtue to kill your son if a voice in your head (God) says so..

But alas most people in religion have never, will never and can never give a thought to the things they believe and revere.

They only believe in without thinking because they have been indoctrinated and coerced to believe it without question.

That is a characteristic of simpletons..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 1:19pm On Sep 24, 2015
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

I'm really enjoying my holiday.... Everything seems funny.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 1:34pm On Sep 24, 2015
johnydon22:

Because they feel the need to celebrate a man who nearly killed his son when in the real sense such people are dubbed insane and dangerous.

That a sane human praises someone who had the stomach to attempt killing his child shows such human has a dangerous tendency of committing the same crime if ever the need arises.

Since they see it as a virtue to kill your son if a voice in your head (God) says so..

But alas most people in religion have never, will never and can never give a thought to the things they believe and revere.

They only believe in without thinking because they have been indoctrinated and coerced to believe it without question.

That is a characteristic of simpletons..

This made me to remember Rev. King who wanted to use god to justify his crime.
Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by johnydon22(m): 1:46pm On Sep 24, 2015
theAtheist101:

This made me to remember Rev. King who wanted to use god to justify his crime.
Exactly also talk about BOKO HARAM and ISIS. . . These ones are warring, murdering and pouring violence on the earth because they think they are doing it for God.

Nothing makes someone commit such evil more cheerfully than when they think they are doing for religious purpose and so it's ok by God.

These are the instances where "FAITH" becomes a dangerous position..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by onetrack(m): 1:48pm On Sep 24, 2015
And don't forget that after that, the voice in Abraham's head told him to circumcise himself, which he did. What a role model!

2 Likes

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by kevoh(m): 2:27pm On Sep 24, 2015
Significance: Unnecessary public holiday and free barbecue! It's four days long work-free days! Enjoy it!
Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 4:43pm On Sep 24, 2015
kevoh:
Significance: Unnecessary public holiday and free barbecue! It's four days long work-free days! Enjoy it!

We could still have the same holiday by celebrating something that is worth it. Something that gives everyone pride to be a Nigerian; something that gives meaning to everyone.

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by kevoh(m): 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
theAtheist101:

We could still have the same holiday by celebrating something that is worth it. Something that gives everyone pride to be a Nigerian; something that gives meaning to everyone.
Sir, we have May 29 Democracy day and October 1st for that. Enjoy the Sallah,man. For non-muslims who work far from their loved ones, it is the perfect period for them dash home to see aged parents, long-distant families or just take the period to rest after weeks of stressful work+monstrous hold ups(Lagos workers can testify here) while for others it's time to celebrate whatever belief they have, foreign or otherwise.

The holiday doesn't seem harmful,let people enjoy themselves or do nothing and get back to their routine life on Monday. Chill man!
Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 5:41pm On Sep 24, 2015
kevoh:

Sir, we have May 29 Democracy day and October 1st for that. Enjoy the Sallah,man. For non-muslims who work far from their loved ones, it is the perfect period for them dash home to see aged parents, long-distant families or just take the period to rest after weeks of stressful work+monstrous hold ups(Lagos workers can testify here) while for others it's time to celebrate whatever belief they have, foreign or otherwise.

The holiday doesn't seem harmful,let people enjoy themselves or do nothing and get back to their routine life on Monday. Chill man!

It is not the free day am against, but the basis for it. This holiday and its likes can be termed something else that is meaningful and Nigerian. They are f*cking celebrating the attempt of murder by a primitive man that lived over 2000 miles from their present house.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by hahn(m): 6:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
theAtheist101:

It is not the free day am against, but the basis for it. This holiday and its likes can be termed something else that is meaningful and Nigerian. They are f*cking celebrating the attempt of murder by a primitive man that lived over 2000 miles from their present house.

And since when did Nigerians start researching or questioning the basis of their beliefs or anything for that matter? undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 8:27am On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:

No in the world today that person would have been in prison for attempted murder and psychiatric hospital for mental evaluation.

And the little child taken to a better place to recover from the shock and trauma such disturbing event must have caused.

u make a lot of sense in some of ur posts... I agree with u in certain things.. But bro u need to understand how everything came to be.. U as an atheist need to ask questions bro... The universe is housing many species in their own planet... Here we are with a purpose but some of us doesn't even know the reason we exist including u.... I don't believe in religion, I believe in the universe as the almighty creator of all and enki as d primordial God of human race who created us to dominate this planet earth and for a purpose... Just like u said no horse riding dude will come down to save us. All we got is this planet earth and no else where

Ever ask ur self the reason for existing... Or do u believe believe we exist to live life and then die...

Let's reason for once, let's keep the fact u don't tally with my view aside cos we are almost in the same track.

Let's reason and leave sentiments aside
Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by johnydon22(m): 8:40am On Sep 25, 2015
Mellin:
u make a lot of sense in some of ur posts... I agree with u in certain things.. But bro u need to understand how everything came to be.. U as an atheist need to ask questions bro... The universe is housing many species in their own planet
This is arguable

... Here we are with a purpose but some of us doesn't even know the reason we exist including u
[b]When you say purpose you have driven it to the position that they must be a purpose giver.

We are simply part of this universe which simply means we are just another part of the universe experiencing the universe.

Purpose of anything is what you give, i didn't ask my parents to give birth to me. So my purpose is determined by me in this one chance of life i found myself in.

Purpose of anything is subjective to the individual. . . Purpose of life is an
individual matter and your purpose in life is exactly what you make it out OR
want it to be.

Some people determine their purpose in life is to chase after the shadow of
paradise in an afterlife, therefore paying little mind to this one life that we
all are sure is real.

As an agnostic atheist i have many purpose independent of external influence
but mine and chasing the fantasy of afterlife is not one of them for me.
Neglecting the earth for paradise is like neglecting substance for shadow.
My purpose in life all revolves around Me, family, friends, Kids, Earth, and
enjoying my life the much i can.

Ensuring i make the most out the one life i have.
A life filled with Love, charity, friendship, music, laughter, adventure,
intellectual satisfaction, peace, study, tears, forgiveness, happiness, risk,
pains, JOY. . . . What more can i ask of myself. . .

My purpose is to be happy, and the time to be happy is now, where to be
happy is here, where we are (planet earth) and how to be happy is to make
others happy
[/b]

.... I don't believe in religion, I believe in the universe as the almighty creator of all
This really is the point. . .Every entity in this universe are results of the interactions of elements in the universe and this includes us. This i agree with..

and enki as d primordial God of human race who created us to dominate this planet earth and for a purpose
This is where i disagree. You asserted above the universe birth all (which includes us) how come Enki now did it and no longer the universe.

To this assertion of personal Gods i don't believe or agree with.

Since Enki must create us to give us a purpose then it appeals to logic that Enki must also have a purpose which in turn must have been given to it by another God and so it spans on and on in an infinite regress of Gods and purpose givers..

... Just like u said no horse riding dude will come down to save us. All we got is this planet earth and no else where
Exactly

Ever ask ur self the reason for existing... Or do u believe believe we exist to live life and then die...
You did not ask to exist and so since you are here to witness the universe, take part in every activity this world provides and the pains and joys in comes with afterwards like every other Biological entity you will die.

There is no clue that this simply isn't what is happening...

Let's reason for once, let's keep the fact u don't tally with my view aside cos we are almost in the same track.
I am all for it...
Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 1:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mellin:
u make a lot of sense in some of ur posts... I agree with u in certain things.. But bro u need to understand how everything came to be.. U as an atheist need to ask questions bro... The universe is housing many species in their own planet... Here we are with a purpose but some of us doesn't even know the reason we exist including u.... I don't believe in religion, I believe in the universe as the almighty creator of all and enki as d primordial God of human race who created us to dominate this planet earth and for a purpose... Just like u said no horse riding dude will come down to save us. All we got is this planet earth and no else where

Who is Enki again o?

Una no dey taya with all these concoctions?

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2015
theAtheist101:

Who is Enki again o?

Una no dey taya with all these concoctions?
u can Google on that or better still read the lost book of enki.

U will know who he is.
Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
johnydon22:
This is arguable

[b]When you say purpose you have driven it to the position that they must be a purpose giver.

We are simply part of this universe which simply means we are just another part of the universe experiencing the universe.

Purpose of anything is what you give, i didn't ask my parents to give birth to me. So my purpose is determined by me in this one chance of life i found myself in.

Purpose of anything is subjective to the individual. . . Purpose of life is an
individual matter and your purpose in life is exactly what you make it out OR
want it to be.

Some people determine their purpose in life is to chase after the shadow of
paradise in an afterlife, therefore paying little mind to this one life that we
all are sure is real.

As an agnostic atheist i have many purpose independent of external influence
but mine and chasing the fantasy of afterlife is not one of them for me.
Neglecting the earth for paradise is like neglecting substance for shadow.
My purpose in life all revolves around Me, family, friends, Kids, Earth, and
enjoying my life the much i can.

Ensuring i make the most out the one life i have.
A life filled with Love, charity, friendship, music, laughter, adventure,
intellectual satisfaction, peace, study, tears, forgiveness, happiness, risk,
pains, JOY. . . . What more can i ask of myself. . .

My purpose is to be happy, and the time to be happy is now, where to be
happy is here, where we are (planet earth) and how to be happy is to make
others happy
[/b]

This really is the point. . .Every entity in this universe are results of the interactions of elements in the universe and this includes us. This i agree with..
This is where i disagree. You asserted above the universe birth all (which includes us) how come Enki now did it and no longer the universe.

To this assertion of personal Gods i don't believe or agree with.

Since Enki must create us to give us a purpose then it appeals to logic that Enki must also have a purpose which in turn must have been given to it by another God and so it spans on and on in an infinite regress of Gods and purpose givers..

Exactly
You did not ask to exist and so since you are here to witness the universe, take part in every activity this world provides and the pains and joys in comes with afterwards like every other Biological entity you will die.

There is no clue that this simply isn't what is happening...

I am all for it...
we are part of the universe so are the gods too. I have seen things in this universe cos everyday before I sleep I wander thru the universe for an hour before I sleep. I have met intelligences of some planetary bodies and what they can do.
The scientist has discovered few planets, I have discovered 45 planets myself the gods too who resides in shar and nibiru has discovered 100 of them and still discovering. I have interacted and have seen powers to create technologies man has never experience. Tapping Into it is dangerous and that's where the gods come in. They were here before us. I wish on a very good day we can meet and I will lead u thru astray projection to nibiru so u will see technologies for ur self. What we have now is childplay to what's out there. And few kept this secret away from the masses by imposing religion on them while they tap into it to better their lives and then a black man will say a white man is god because he can create things not knowing we too can create such things b3tter than theirs.

I will stop here.
But know all am preaching is not about bowing down to any God but for us to realise how we can create to better ourselves. I have been able to acquire certain knowledge to create in other to better lives through enki...

Peace

1 Like

Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by Nobody: 2:09pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mellin:

U will know who he is.

Actually, I have better things to do with my time than reading up on another fairytale character. So, you either give me the summary of this new character or swerve (I learnt this word from someone here grin). #lostIndeed undecided
Re: The Significance Of Sallah To Nigerians/Africans. by johnydon22(m): 2:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
Mellin:

U will know who he is.

Enki is a deity of Sumerian origin, Its a construct of Semitic mythology and so is no more different than all other conventional deities ...

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (Reply)

In Islam, Non-believers Are Considered As Dirty As Feces, Urine, And Semen. / Islam As A Religion Of Peace ...critical Anology / This Is Why We Should Stop Hating One Another (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.