Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,705 members, 7,827,580 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:53 PM

How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! (988 Views)

Is It Right For A Church To Have Football Unit? / My Terrible Experience In A Church Today / Is It Right For A Church To Excommunicate An Erring Member? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by 2tait: 12:36pm On Apr 16, 2009
Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed arbiter of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose in the other members' private lives. Church members were unappreciative of her activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused me, (then a new member) of being an alcoholic after she saw my car parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon.

She commented to me and others that everyone seeing it there would know what I was doing.

Being a man of few words, I stared at her for a moment and just walked away. I didn't explain, defend, or deny; I just said nothing.

Later that evening, I quietly parked my car in front of Mildred's house, and left it there all night!

Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by Nobody: 12:56pm On Apr 16, 2009
?
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by KunleOshob(m): 12:59pm On Apr 16, 2009
grin grin grin
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by tpia: 2:02pm On Apr 16, 2009
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by Ify3: 3:00pm On Apr 16, 2009
Posted by: 2tait
Insert Quote
Mildred, the church gossip and self-appointed arbiter of the church's morals, kept sticking her nose in the other members' private lives. Church members were unappreciative of her activities, but feared her enough to maintain their silence.

She made a mistake, however, when she accused me, (then a new member) of being an alcoholic after she saw my car parked in front of the town's only bar one afternoon.

She commented to me and others that everyone seeing it there would know what I was doing.

Being a man of few words, I stared at her for a moment and just walked away. I didn't explain, defend, or deny; I just said nothing.

Later that evening, I quietly parked my car in front of Mildred's house, and left it there all night!

And how did this dealt with the gossip?
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by Lady2(f): 11:47pm On Apr 16, 2009
HAHAHAHAHA

That was hilarious.
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by 2tait: 4:43pm On Apr 21, 2009
@ I - fy

analogous to parking the car in front of the bar, parking the car in front of mildred's house implied that I spent the night in her house ( read I slept with her). Mildred was tongue-tied. she stopped gossiping
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by Nobody: 4:44pm On Apr 21, 2009
Lool cheesy
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by Ify3: 2:15pm On Apr 23, 2009
@ 2tait

All of you in the Church are gossips. You claimed that you're a new member yet you've known much about the members - those that gossip, those that listen to gossip, those that fear ordinary human being, etc.

Parking your car in front of her house will do her no harm, except she has been doing that with other members of your church.

To conclude it, you've nurtured so much evil in you, that's why you've such thought. BUT sorry, you've debased yourself before other members of the church. ALL the ladies be CAREFUL of 2tait.
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by 2tait: 9:24am On Apr 29, 2009
@ I-fy

No vex. Take it easy.

Things are not exactly what they seem to be.
Mildred wrongly assumed that parking my car in front of the bar meant I was at the bar and indulging in alcohol consumption and other related vices contrary to the church's doctrine (?). This may not be true, in the sense that any other thing could have been the reason why my car was parked there.

Using her line of thought, I parked my car in front of her house to let her know that even though my car was parked in front of her house I was not in her house. This realisation made her understand that not all that glitters is gold. That things are not exactly what they seem to be- always. I did not debase myself, it was just my way of passing a message to a fellow church member. I can assure you, the method was effective. Mildred got the message.
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by Tonyet1(m): 9:34am On Apr 29, 2009
so who then saw your car parked at her house and suspected her of sleeping with you

some church folks with gossipirism angry
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by waterworks(f): 4:33pm On Apr 30, 2009
LOL AT THREAD! @ poste ru dont have to defend urself to i-fy. i-fy plz calm down!
Re: How I Dealt With A Church Gossip! by huxley(m): 4:40pm On Apr 30, 2009
2tait:

@ I-fy

No vex. Take it easy.

Things are not exactly what they seem to be.
Mildred wrongly assumed that parking my car in front of the bar meant I was at the bar and indulging in alcohol consumption and other related vices contrary to the church's doctrine (?). This may not be true, in the sense that any other thing could have been the reason why my car was parked there.

Using her line of thought, I parked my car in front of her house to let her know that even though my car was parked in front of her house I was not in her house. This realisation made her understand that not all that glitters is gold. That things are not exactly what they seem to be- always. I did not debase myself, it was just my way of passing a message to a fellow church member. I can assure you, the method was effective. Mildred got the message.

I bet this is apocriphal, or did it really happen to you?

(1) (Reply)

D Biggest Scam / God Vs Lucifer (you be the judge) / Interfaith Marraige

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.