Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,181 members, 7,818,570 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:00 PM

Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. (67565 Views)

Young Man Visits Ojukwu Bunker In Abia State. See What He Saw. Photos / Cash Recovered From Andrew Yakubu's Bunker In Kaduna By EFCC (Photos) / Bunker, Arms Discovered At Demolished Oshodi Market Shops (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by donpope1(m): 8:03pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ojukwu Bunker Facts
Ojukwu Bunker is part of the National War Museum and its annex at Okpara Avenue, all in Umuahia, Abia State.
The bunker, constructed during the civil war after the fall of Enugu, was the subterranean office for the Biafran government. The premises belonged to Late Dr. Michael I. Okpara, the second Premier of Eastern Nigeria from December 17, 1959 to January 15, 1966.
The plan was drawn on April, 1968 by Frank Mbanefo Associates. Frank Mbanefo was from Onitsha, Anambra State. Structural design was done by Agbim and partners. Dr. Chuba Agbim was from Amaru Village in Nimo, Anambra State.
The superintendent who handled the workers was Late Mr. Laurence O. Okany from Ogidi, Anambra State. The construction was done by Engineer Joel Onyemelukwe of Nnewi-Ichi, Nnewi, Anambra State.
The bunker measures 26.9 feet deep, about 8 meters. It was done under 90 days, between April to June 1968. All the people involved in the construction of the bunker were less than 40 years old.

130 Likes 27 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by munchfani: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2015
M
Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by munchfani: 8:05pm On Sep 24, 2015

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Xcex: 8:10pm On Sep 24, 2015
Dat building is a masterpiece, d structural design as @ dat tym is wondaful. A tourist centre @ any tym n day

87 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Lincolnburrows(m): 8:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
Na only one picture?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by MosakuAW(m): 8:13pm On Sep 24, 2015
Cool.

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by kossyablaze(m): 8:32pm On Sep 24, 2015
The person below me has always been an animal and a tribal bigot. kestolove95 the earlier u grow up, the better for ur parents. Useless thing

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by kestolove95(m): 8:36pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ojukwu d rebel...see gowon dey cum..hahahahaha..ojukwu go don pick race for inside him grave now as I call gowon...mumu rebel, I knw blame u..u b Igbo sha..d drug pushers of nigeria

83 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Ewizard(m): 8:47pm On Sep 24, 2015
kestolove95:
Ojukwu d rebel...see gowon dey cum..hahahahaha..ojukwu go don pick race for inside him grave now as I call gowon...mumu rebel, I knw blame u..u b Igbo sha..d drug pushers of nigeria

U gon' nid som brainz bro... Sound like u running outta one

244 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by wisdomguy4u(m): 8:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
It is a fact that the civil war provided a golden
opportunity for the country to have developed
technologically but the opportunity was lost due to
tribalism, sectionalism, regionalism, disunity and
fear of domination by the Igbos. Every focus was
and is still on the oil. Pathetic!

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by T8ksy(m): 9:11pm On Sep 24, 2015
Ojukwu hiding in his bunker whilst he sent his people out on a "chicken run" with WWII rifles to confront the might of the federal troops.

After losing 3 million souls, he finally left his bunker where he and his toy soldiers had been feeding fat at the expense of his vulnerable folks who were dropping dead like flies, from hunger & kwashorko, in the middle of the night like a quintessential coward to flee to exile, in Abidjan.

129 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by aresa: 9:15pm On Sep 24, 2015
And the village rebel leader still couldn't hide inside his cave but the coward instead dumped his men on the battlefield for dead and ran to IV to enjoy life and even return to team up with the same folks he fought and sacrificed his own people to fight and even collect rank and benefits from the same people..

Now some losers shouting biafra because another fake and worthless rebel leader who is currently enjoying life thousands of miles away from his village is asking them carry transistor radio to war...

Now some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around..

Some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around

175 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 9:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
aresa:
And the village rebel leader still couldn't hide inside his cave but the coward instead dumped his men on the battlefield for dead and ran to IV to enjoy life and even return to team up with the same folks he fought and sacrificed his own people to fight and even collect rank and benefits from the same people..

Now some losers shouting biafra because another fake and worthless rebel leader who is currently enjoying life thousands of miles away from his village is asking them carry transistor radio to war...

Now some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around..

Some useless people with zero sense of their own history are running around

Yoruba fool.

235 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 9:25pm On Sep 24, 2015
When you visit Biafra museum in Umuahia, you will be marveled at the grandeur and advancement of Biafrans in the 60s. They were way ahead of their contemporaries and rivals. Still waiting to see inside of Nigerian bunker...

Meanwhile, following the footsteps of their forebears, two Biafran kids from Enugu designed and built an electronic toy truck.The video below will shock you...Nigeria is holding the ingenuity of Biafrans. If these kids can build such a complex gadget, just imagine what their fathers, brothers and uncles can do.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=487320218115968&id=149774505203876&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.487320218115968%3Atl_objid.487320218115968

161 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 9:28pm On Sep 24, 2015
new2020:

Yoruba fool.
Na you get time for yoruba people dis night

52 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by gwales: 9:33pm On Sep 24, 2015
So this is where he hide and sacrifice 3mill Igbos, even after that he has to run ivory coast because of the advancing Nigerian army. WHAT A COWARD!!!!!

69 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by basilo101: 9:39pm On Sep 24, 2015
kestolove95:
jst Negodu do u need a psychiatrist?

59 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by basilo101: 9:51pm On Sep 24, 2015
the zoo lack any form of ingenuity, they depend on oyibos for everything up till now

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by shellworker: 10:17pm On Sep 24, 2015
kestolove95:

If you know current affairs you will know that a Nigerian, a Yoruba woman holds the record for the highest kilogram weight of drugs intercepted by drug enforcement agencies.

Do some research and prove me wrong.

165 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by cheruv: 11:07pm On Sep 24, 2015
BuddahMonk:

Na you get time for yoruba people dis night
Exactly!
I've resolved to ignore them unless in unavoidable emergencies undecided

27 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by doublewisdom: 11:44pm On Sep 24, 2015
The smelly tribe will soon arrive here.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Nobody: 11:52pm On Sep 24, 2015
Biafra will be a land of technology if we secede, quote me.

50 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Duru1(m): 11:56pm On Sep 24, 2015
Nigeria is a dead end!!!

16 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by chrisblack: 12:28am On Sep 25, 2015
dialfa:
And 55 years later, the Zoo is still paying foreign contractors for simple roads.
also including the road in your village.can I ask why the picture of the conqueror of ojukwu is also present.I mean Gowon's picture.any way it goes to show the ever domineering spirit of the zoo.even in your bunker the zoo still dominates. Imagine Gowon picture is Number 1 on the right while ojukwus pic is on the left .tell who is on the right side of God and men?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by chrisblack: 12:31am On Sep 25, 2015
basilo101:
the zoo lack any form of ingenuity, they depend on oyibos for everything up till now
just like the 2nd Niger bridge Julius berger is about building.why not give it to Aba construction company.I bet nobody will pray to ply the bridge.bigot

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by ak47mann(m): 12:40am On Sep 25, 2015
Structural design that can withheld 2000 pound weight bombs.And was build by best great biafran architectural experts, those guys got it up there it amazes me the kind of brilliant scientist they got working for Biafran govt those guys are so on point cool

72 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by OPCNAIRALAND: 12:49am On Sep 25, 2015
Lol...i laugh tire when i saw what they called Ojukwu bunker. An old disused naturally formed cave their forefathers went into when Igala headhunters would foray into their territory looking for mugu to kidnap and sell to Hausa slave holders. Ojukwu put a concrete culvert to conceal the mouth of the hideout and now they call it the second wonder of the world.

Shyyte....where are my Ijebu brothers to show these mofos what a true structural monument looks like. Have yanmiri not heard about the walls in Yorubaland adopted into UNESCO world treasures?

grin

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Gravanno: 2:24am On Sep 25, 2015
dialfa:
And 55 years later, the Zoo is still paying foreign contractors for simple roads.

Yet, 55 years later, you are still begging for a mere footpath bridge in Biafra call
second niger bridge while Fashola built a more sophisticated one in Lagos.

37 Likes

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by Reekadict04: 2:34am On Sep 25, 2015
embarassed

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu Bunker Facts With Picture.. by hensben(m): 2:34am On Sep 25, 2015
Ojukwu again.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Police release NEW VIDEO: Extraordinary Scenes Inside Nigeria National Assembly / Peter Obi Must Win - INEC Presiding Officer (Photos) / Meet Woman Who Sing And Play For Boko Haram Members

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.