Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,100 members, 7,811,095 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail (4985 Views)

El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) / BREAKING!! Violence Thrives In Some Part Of Lagos In Submission To The NLC Strik / Toyin Saraki Speaks At United Nations Event... See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by bigfrancis21: 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
Black nations produce nothing, do not pull their weight globally, even in farming, and lag on all metrics—innovation, hard work, sacrifice, production, prosperity, and then use their own performance deficits to blackmail white people for aid, a senior Jamaican government official has said.

His column, titled “Racism thrives because black nations fail” pointed out that blacks are also highly racist towards all non-blacks of any other race, and employ outrageous double standards in dealing with whites, using the recent police shootings in America of criminal black thugs as an example:

“In Nigeria, blacks just killed 42 blacks and we do not blink, yet we’re rabid when police kill one black youth in the USA,” he wrote.

Dr. Johnston also dismissed the idea that slavery was the origin of racism. “Some say slavery caused racism. But it is dead, and despite multi-hued slaves, only black racism grows.”

He then explained in detail how blacks have racist attitudes towards non-blacks of all hues:

Most ethnic groups are racist to blacks, and we equally so!

Racist Africa expelled Asians (UK took them) as Dom Rep does Haitians today.

Our racists target Indian, Chinese using derogatory names and belittle their success as “yuh see ‘ow all a dem pack up inna on ‘ouse, an a calaloo and rice dem eat an dem av money; mi haffi eat meat!”

He then went on to his main point, that until black nations actually achieve anything of note, they will always automatically be regarded as backward:

The day one black nation has top military, space and nuclear capability, racism goes into immediate remission. Many black nations exist, but none prospers.

That slavery is the root of racism or the cause of black poverty is a cleverly crafted subterfuge by lazy-brained blacks; rip-off reparations and back-to-Africa scams.

Racism against “Gooks” died with Japan’s prosperity; the Chinese blew it away with cash and WMDs.

India (remember we dissed Coolie man?) is gone clear with technology, space and nuclear arms.

Africa is the only major population to be universally disrespected, even here; why?

They have no prosperous, potential menacing nation.

Small Jamaica is up front with big Nigeria as having great potential but mired in ennui, corruption and racism.

Black nations fail and this feeds global racism. We are our worst enemies.

Other races ordered their folks, scientists invented, stole or borrowed technology and got to a point where they could destroy the world—welcome to the head table!

Every black nation is a satrapy. Ours, with the best brand, shames the new world negro; rich, big Nigeria shames itself and black people everywhere!

He concluded by saying that only Africans could end the rest of the world’s view of Africa and black people as backwards:

Blacks can end racism but we will not apply ourselves!

Black nations produce few goods, mainly services—wrong move!

They live off nature’s bounty—tourism, beach, jungle, wild animals; to sing, dance, run, preen on a stage is what we do.

Blacks do not produce basics—sanitary napkin, car, gun, ship, toilet paper—yet use them with impunity.

Blacks do not pull their weight globally, even in farming, and lag on all metrics—innovation, hard work, sacrifice, production, prosperity.

They suffer for their performance deficits and use it to blackmail white people for aid.

9 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by obailala(m): 3:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
I totally agree with this 101%.

The only way the black man can become superior is by quiting the blame game, looking inwards and building himself.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by journerman(m): 3:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
The title says it all...

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by anangboy(m): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Quite logical and valid. Critical analyses reveal the causation as it applies in all spheres of life where there is variation in attributes. Painful to admit.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by macof(m): 4:48pm On Sep 25, 2015
Well what do you expect? All black nations hate to look to themselves. . Any problem you run to China, USA, EU. You live in Countries created by the whites with ethnic tension and bigotry that fuels violence, corruption, favoritism, etc
You believe the history and culture of the Blackman is of backwardness, some even demonic manipulations
You force down foreign culture, language and religion on your kids at the detriment of the local stuff and you think they will grow up to care about africa? Why wont people hate locally made stuff and rather opt for imported? Why would anyone choose to dedicate his life to inventing anything in africa when others won't give it a chance since white folks are there to chop our money

Africans hate anything African so it's not a surprise that africa in a mess

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Truckpusher(m): 4:52pm On Sep 25, 2015
Op is on point.

People will only disrespect you like the way every other race disrespect continental Africans because they are aware that our countries are one shiitholes. grin

Honestly, it is painful when people that you're academically and financially better than look down on you because of the color of your skin and the nature of your habitat , though folks like us will usually treat any form of racism with cheeky insults that cut like a knife. grin

No time for self pity. angry

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by atlwireles: 4:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
Powerful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 4:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
Let's take Nigeria for a case study.

Next month will mark our 55th Independence. Wonderful weather. Massive lands for extensive Agriculture. Hardly any winter. Blessed with huge human resources.

And yet we can't even provide basic amenities such as roads, safe potable water( citizens sink their own boreholes), terrible living conditions, terrible education sector, no stable power. A country of more than 150 million people can't generate up to 20000 MW.

Nigeria is a example of black nations that are yet to find their feet.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 5:02pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Next month will mark our 55th Independence. Wonderful weather. Massive lands for extensive Agriculture. Hardly any winter. Blessed with huge human resources.

And yet we can't even provide basic amenities such as roads, safe potable water( citizens sink their own boreholes), terrible living conditions, terrible education sector, no stable power. A country of more than 150 million people can't generate up to 20000 MW.

All these talks...won't just take us anywhere. Are you not just tired of saying the same thing, over and over again? I mean I'm tempted too and I sometimes fall for it. But talking - no grumbling - about our problems takes us millions of steps backwards.

We should start talking of positives. Solutions. Ideas. Dreams and visions.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:06pm On Sep 25, 2015
kaboninc:

All these talks...won't just take us anywhere. Are you not just tired of saying the same thing, over and over again? I mean I'm tempted too and I sometimes fall for it. But talking - no grumbling - about our problems takes us millions of steps backwards.

Bro, we've been talking the positives for years but those who have the responsibility of making bolder steps just won't do that. We've hammered on taking our education very seriously, practise true federalism, invest massively in science and technology, tale our environment very seriously....what haven't we said?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 5:15pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Bro, we've been talking the positives for years but those who have the responsibility of making bolder steps just won't do that. We've hammered on taking our education very seriously, practise true federalism, invest massively in science and technology, tale our environment very seriously....what haven't we said?

These things you said are the big pictures. Our destination. The macros. Let's start from the micros. Truth is that the world is q complicated place and spending our time grumbling makes it even harder.

These people - those who will always not listen - will always be there. But you and I, can reduce that number and it is not by grumbling.

By micro, I mean little things that can be done to improve life in your community. Improve health. Improve school enrollment. Grumbling will not build state of the are hospitals with split units in gents and ladies.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:17pm On Sep 25, 2015
kaboninc:

These things you said are the big pictures. Our destination. The macros. Let's start from the micros. Truth is that the world is q complicated place and spending our time grumbling makes it even harder.

These people - those who will always not listen - will always be there. But you and I, can reduce that number and it is not by grumbling.

By micro, I mean little things that can be done to improve life in your community. Improve health. Improve school enrollment. Grumbling will not build state of the are hospitals with split units in gents and ladies.

There's a huge difference between grumbling and stating obvious facts. Building great nations actually go well beyond individuals doing their bit in their little way, though that's a huge part of it. We have people who are saddled with the responsibility of setting the pace for greatness. As you aware, that was how nations became very great.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Truckpusher(m): 5:22pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:

Nigeria's case is a structural problem that is interwoven with cultural differences and a certain appetite from some quarters of this country coupled with myopic and uneducated leadership that has resolved to maintain the status quo and keep their war booty intact - True federalism and industrialization to them means only one thing - ''We are no longer in charge of our war booty'' grin

Nigeria is a curse though I've not lost hope.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
Nigeria's case is a structural problem that is interwoven with cultural differences and a certain appetite from some quarters of this country coupled with myopic and uneducated leadership that has resolved to maintain the status quo and keep their war booty intact - True federalism and industrialization to them means only one thing - ''We are no longer in charge of our war booty'' grin

Nigeria is a curse.

You know everything, wise one. And it all boils down to our inability or incapacity for sincerity and honesty in solving our problems.

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Truckpusher(m): 5:25pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:

There's a huge difference between grumbling and stating obvious facts. Building great nations actually go well beyond individuals doing their bit in their little way, though that's a huge part of it. We have people who are saddled with the responsibility of setting the pace for greatness. As you aware, that was how nations became very great.
Couldn't have said it much more better.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Truckpusher(m): 5:27pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:

You know everything, wise one. And it all boils down to our inability or incapacity for sincerity and honesty in solving our problems.
The highlighted brother is the real wise word here.

LET THOSE THAT HAVE EYES OPEN IT AND READ.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by trillville(m): 5:29pm On Sep 25, 2015
Truckpusher:

Nigeria is a curse though I've not lost hope.

Cultural differences exist everywhere yet people still come together to ensure the development of their countries. The whole of Europe is linked economically today.

Our problem is greed and laziness. We also love to be worshipped by our peers, so we will do anything we can to bring down everybody close to us to ensure we are seen as the best.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
Truckpusher:
The highlighted brother is the real wise word here.

LET THOSE THAT HAVE EYES OPEN IT AND READ.

We know our problems but have refused to solve them. Because solving them means NO MORE FREE MEALS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 25, 2015
trillville:

Cultural differences exist everywhere yet people still come together to ensure the development of their countries. The whole of Europe is linked economically today.

Our problem is greed and laziness. We also love to be worshipped by our peers, so we will do anything we can to bring down everybody close to us to ensure we are seen as the best.

My dear, it's being a long time.

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nnemuka(f): 5:32pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:

what have you done to change things for yourself? you eat, sleep and drink on Nairaland infact you've spent 2months on nairaland arguing and fighting over nothing. All talk and no actions undecided

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:34pm On Sep 25, 2015
Nnemuka:

what have you done to change things for yourself? you eat, sleep and drink on Nairaland infact you've spent 2months on nairaland arguing and fighting over nothing. All talk and no actions undecided

Hmmm.....My passion for development and for sharing similar thoughts with others is what is keeping me here. And I do not need to blow my trumpet. My contributions to this nation are enormous. I affect YOU directly. But I won't state how!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:37pm On Sep 25, 2015
Stop the self hate already!!!
So why oh why did the white all powerful and developed people not let the Biafran experiment go on? undecided
Why sanction Zimbabwe for trying to work it out themselves/?
...It looks like the resource rich African continent exists just as a toy and bank for the "real humans with brains", the white man... existing to be plundered to oblivion.....natural, human, every resource
To think a group of people sat down at a table to carve out countries for Africa is a big psyche blow...as long as African countries are encouraged and coerced (forced) to embrace democratic and capitalist ideals which clearly do not work for them.....we will be found wanting

If people are being honest, why not hugely encourage the so called rogues who want to do it their way...instead of imposing huge sanctions and or conditionalities and other barriers on/for them?
Encouraging Haiti, Zimbabwe, Biafra would have been more altruistic ...rather than throwing obstacles everywhere at them
SMH

So long as the foundations remain faulty, not much progress will be achieved
True story
Then the distractions provided by religious and ethnic differences certainly ensure that we cannot even look beyond these issues to see the real problem
Truly heart breaking....this "Ultimate Scam"
I am outta here angry

6 Likes

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 5:39pm On Sep 25, 2015
kaboninc:

Solution?: Disintegrate "Nigeria" along its individual tribes(nations), let the people chat their course or merge with those with same/likely worldview.
The "Nigeria" experiment hasn't worked and will never work! Same experiment was repeated all across Africa by the colonialists, but they have gone home. Africans must now open their eyes and decide their future.
I for one do not have anything in common with the Hausa/Fulani and some Yoruba except skin colour.
They wish to live in an Islamic Republic and look-up to the Middle East whilst my people(Igbo) and I are republicans and wants a truly democratic nation devoid of nasty Sharia Law but guarantees ALL the tenets of Democracy; Freedom, Liberty, Fundamental human rights, e.t.c

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kay29000(m): 5:40pm On Sep 25, 2015
So true. As he said 'we are our worst enemies.' First, aid from other parts of the world to Africa must stop, or at least greatly reduced. Let us start taking care of ourselves, by ourselves. If we can do that simple thing, we will start to grow. We have all the natural resources these other nations use to develop themselves, so we really don't have any excuse to still be this backward.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by vladimiros: 5:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
milychocs:
Stop the self hate already!!!
So why oh why did the white all powerful and developed people not let the Biafran experiment go on? undecided
Why sanction Zimbabwe for trying to work it out themselves/?
...It looks like the resource rich African continent exists just as a toy and bank for the "real humans with brains", the white man... existing to be plundered to oblivion.....natural, human, every resource
To think a group of people sat down at a table to carve out countries for Africa is a big psyche blow...as long as African countries are encouraged and coerced (forced) to embrace democratic and capitalist ideals which clearly do not work for them.....we will be found wanting

If people are being honest, why not hugely encourage the so called rogues who want to do it their way...instead of imposing huge sanctions and or conditionalities and other barriers on/for them?
Encouraging Haiti, Zimbabwe, Biafra would have been more altruistic rather than throwing obstacles everywhere at them
SMH

So long as the foundations remain faulty, not much progress will be achieved
True story
Then the distractions provided by religious and ethnic differences certainly ensure that we cannot even look beyond these issues to see the real problem
Truly heart breaking....this "Ultimate Scam"
I am outta here angry

blaming white people for something that happened years ago wont cut it.

Singapore got independence in 1965 when they begged to be still dependent, but did they blame their colonial masters?

No, they got to work, now a country smaller than akwa-ibom has external reserves of $400Billion dollars..

lets get their example and use it

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 6:04pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:

There's a time stating the obvious facts will translate to grumbling and grumbling will result to frustration. Please understand that am not against us making those who pilot our affairs understand that some of their actions are not good or sound. Or that they cannot be held responsible for their actions.

But in so doing, we miss the mark, miss the idea, tarnish the goal and make a mess of ourselves. Personally, I've long decided to only see possibilities. Ideas and solutions. I'm quite aware that there are problems but I want to spend my time finding the solution. I go through a lot but I've realised that ruminating and chewing on this problem makes the problem appear so unsolvable.

Great nations were not built in a day. In fact, some of these great nations suffered same fate as we currently do. A positive will by the people, a determination to be better and zeal to make a difference are the propellants to a successful nation. When individuals who know what they want for better living do their bit, it won't take long for the people to realise that and identify with term. That way they are entrusted with leadership roles and a journey to greatness is born.

My point, make your mark and the people will desire you to lead them.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Truckpusher(m): 6:10pm On Sep 25, 2015
trillville:

You don't get it bro though you've raised salient points,Honestly.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2015
FrankAba1:

Solution?: Disintegrate "Nigeria" along its individual tribes(nations), let the people chat their course or merge with those with same/likely worldview.
The "Nigeria" experiment hasn't worked and will never work! Same experiment was repeated all across Africa by the colonialists, but they have gone home. Africans must now open their eyes and decide their future.
I for one do not have anything in common with the Hausa/Fulani and some Yoruba except skin colour.
They wish to live in an Islamic Republic and look-up to the Middle East whilst my people(Igbo) and I are republicans and wants a truly democratic nation devoid of nasty Sharia Law but guarantees ALL the tenets of Democracy; Freedom, Liberty, Fundamental human rights, e.t.c

I share your sentiments sir. I do. But I don't just see the solution through disintegration.

Let me ask, who do you look up to as our leader should we disintegrate?
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 6:50pm On Sep 25, 2015
trillville:

You againnnn!

Nice to read from you again

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by scholti: 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2015
kaboninc:

There's a time stating the obvious facts will translate to grumbling and grumbling will result to frustration. Please understand that am not against us making those who pilot our affairs understand that some of their actions are not good or sound. Or that they cannot be held responsible for their actions.

But in so doing, we miss the mark, miss the idea, tarnish the goal and make a mess of ourselves. Personally, I've long decided to only see possibilities. Ideas and solutions. I'm quite aware that there are problems but I want to spend my time finding the solution. I go through a lot but I've realised that ruminating and chewing on this problem makes the problem appear so unsolvable.

Great nations were not built in a day. In fact, some of these great nations suffered same fate as we currently do. A positive will by the people, a determination to be better and zeal to make a difference are the propellants to a successful nation. When individuals who know what they want for better living do their bit, it won't take long for the people to realise that and identify with term. That way they are entrusted with leadership roles and a journey to greatness is born.

My point, make your mark and the people will desire you to lead them.

Great comment. I am sick and tired of just complaints. What have their complaints achieved? What have complaints ever accomplished? Don't people get tired? I don't totally agree that Africa is a crackpot as people like to represent it. There are lots of great places and developments on the continent, it just takes curiosity to know them. The people that never read anything beyond their villages would not know anything about them. A few days ago Ethiopia unveiled its intercity railway service. I once saw a list of patent holders and there were lots of Nigerians on it. Showing a few slums may pull heartstrings but they don't tell the whole picture. The truth is Africa is on a trajectory, it may not be as fast as we want it to be but it is heading towards a direction. Wars are ending, more prosperity is arriving in the continent. We can hasten its movement in our small positive ways, like Dangote and the anonymous armies of entrepreneurs who employs millions of people.

2 Likes

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Sveen: 6:58pm On Sep 25, 2015
I wonder why God made black people inferior to the whites in every aspect. The only thing we are proud of is our hatred towards one another and mischief.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 7:13pm On Sep 25, 2015
scholti:

Great comment. I am sick and tired of just complaints. What have their complaints achieved? What have complaints ever accomplished? Don't people get tired? I don't totally agree that Africa is a crackpot as people like to represent it. There are lots of great places and developments on the continent, it just takes curiosity to know them. The people that never read anything beyond their villages would not know anything about them. A few days ago Ethiopia unveiled its intercity railway service. I once saw a list of patent holders and there were lots of Nigerians on it. Showing a few slums may pull heartstrings but they don't tell the whole picture. The truth is Africa is on a trajectory, it may not be as fast as we want it to be but it is heading towards a direction. Wars are ending, more prosperity is arriving in the continent. We can hasten its movement in our small positive ways, like Dangote and the anonymous armies of entrepreneurs who employs millions of people.

Thanks.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ese: Finally Yunusa Speaks / Shocking Details About Those Behind Attacks By Niger Delta Avengers / I Want Nigeria Destroyed – Asari Dokubo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.