Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,152 members, 7,811,297 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail (4987 Views)

El-Rufai & His Classmates At United Nations University-Merit, Netherlands (Pics) / BREAKING!! Violence Thrives In Some Part Of Lagos In Submission To The NLC Strik / Toyin Saraki Speaks At United Nations Event... See Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 9:18pm On Sep 25, 2015
kaboninc:

I share your sentiments sir. I do. But I don't just see the solution through disintegration.

Let me ask, who do you look up to as our leader should we disintegrate?

Ok. I would like to read your own solution for whatever it's worth, bearing in mind there is nothing organic about "Nigeria", hence why it will never work as there is no sense of nationhood at all. What is Nigeria? "An Islamic democratic state"?, "Liberal democracy- with 12/36 Islamic states practicing sharia law"?
For Gods sake, the pretense sticks to high heaven. Imagine, drinking a bottle of beer with your lady in bikini in any of those sharia states, and what would become of both of you. Where is the Freedom, Liberty etc in a country supposedly practicing Democracy?

To your question: The people will decide who their leaders shall be.
All the people should seek at this time is a UN backed Referendum. It's a slow and persistence process during which leaders will emerge.
Pray and seek for Referendum, first.

Finally, what does being a Nigerian mean?

3 Likes

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by ibedun: 9:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
dearpreye:
Let's take Nigeria for a case study.

Next month will mark our 55th Independence. Wonderful weather. Massive lands for extensive Agriculture. Hardly any winter. Blessed with huge human resources.

And yet we can't even provide basic amenities such as roads, safe potable water( citizens sink their own boreholes), terrible living conditions, terrible education sector, no stable power. A country of more than 150 million people can't generate up to 20000 MW.

Nigeria is a example of black nations that are yet to find their feet.

We are inferior beings.......
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by EasternLionn: 10:46pm On Sep 25, 2015
As long as you all don't want Biafra to stand, we will all run around in circles.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
make me want to cry. i wish i could wake the minds of the people at fault for nations shortcoming.....
our countries are terrible...
look at haiti, where the affluent families in urban haiti rape and torture poorer children slaves from the rural areas living the shanytown slums.
this is devastating...
what kinda world are we living in, i tried to send my local congresswoman a message saying that maybe the richer developed countries could give those chilidren educational oppurtunities to travel to other countries.,..
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2015
ibedun:

We are inferior beings.......
maybe that is how the minds of politicians in black process..
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 10:55pm On Sep 25, 2015
what country is that shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 11:00pm On Sep 25, 2015
These Pictures Prove Brazil's Legacy Of Slavery Is Not A Thing Of The Past
The Huffington Post | By Roque Planas
E

untry in the Americas to outlaw slavery. More enslaved Africans were sent to Brazil than any other country in the hemisphere.

That legacy of racial slavery is readily apparent in Brazil's socioeconomic structure today.

Among the poorest 10 percent of the population, 72 percent are black or mixed-race, according to a 2012 study by the Institute of Applied Economic Research. Researchers at the Federal University of Rio de Janeiro calculated in 2013 that if the Brazilian population were divided along racial lines, whites would occupy the 65th position on the U.N. Human Development Index, while Afro-Brazilians would only reach 102nd place.

Despite all that, Brazil is also home to what may well be the largest slavery reparations program ever attempted. Article 68 of the 1988 Constitution grants a permanent, nontransferable title to the land occupied by settlements started by runaway slaves, known in Portuguese as "quilombos."

In 2003, the leftwing government of Luiz Inácio "Lula" da Silva expanded the legal definition of the word "quilombo," classifying it as an ethnicity. Under Brazilian law, the change meant that now virtually any black community could apply for benefits under the law if a majority of its residents so decided.

The Brazilian government had certified some 2,400 communities as quilombos by 2013, with hundreds more waiting for approval. The law affects more than 1 million people and the territory claimed by the quilombos across Brazil totals about 4.4 million acres -- roughly the size of New Jersey.

The promised land is not forthcoming for most of these communities. Only 217 quilombos had received their constitutionally guaranteed land titles as of last year. But the growing movement's massive scope makes clear that Brazil's legacy of slavery is not a thing of the past.

The Huffington Post reported on Brazil's quilombo movement in a two-part series last year. The photos below, some of them published here for the first time, were taken as part of that project.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 11:05pm On Sep 25, 2015
Haiti "restavek" tradition called child slavery
PORT-AU-PRINCE | BY JIM LONEY
Haitians line up during a food distribution at the Cite Soleil neighborhood in Port-au-Prince February 15, 2010. REUTERS/Ivan Alvarado
Haitians line up during a food distribution at the Cite Soleil neighborhood in Port-au-Prince February 15, 2010.
REUTERS/IVAN ALVARADO
Living in a tent after an earthquake left a million Haitians in the streets, Melila Thelusma says she cannot support her two daughters and is ready to give them away to foreigners if she can find a good home for them.

Despite her desperation, Thelusma said she would never turn 11-year-old Gaelle and 6-year-old Christelle over to a Haitian family, as tens of thousands of other poor parents have done.

"Not a Haitian family. Haitians will make them suffer," Thelusma, 39, said. "They ... force the child to work like a animal. They don't really take care of them."

Deeply ingrained in the culture of the impoverished former slave colony, the practice of poor families giving away children to wealthier acquaintances or relatives is known in the native Creole as "restavek," from the French words rester avec, or "to stay with."

Critics call it slavery.

The children, they said, are taken in as servants, forced to work without pay, isolated from other children in the household and seldom sent to school.

"A restavek is a child placed in domestic slavery," said Jean-Robert Cadet, a former restavek who now runs a foundation to improve the lives of restavek children (www.restavekfreedom.org).

After the January 12 earthquake, the Haitian government warned that child traffickers could take advantage of the ensuing chaos to prey on vulnerable children. The well-publicized drama surrounding 10 U.S. missionaries caught trying to spirit 33 children over the border seemed to reinforce the threat.

But critics say tens of thousands of Haitian children have been freely given by their own parents to a life of slavery within Haiti.

300,000 RESTAVEKS?

A 2002 study for UNICEF and other organizations by Norway's Fafo Institute for Applied Social Science said there were 173,000 restavek children, more than 8 percent of the population between 5 and 17. Cadet believes there are more than 300,000.

"When I was a child, the family basically owned me," said Cadet, whose mother died young. He was given away to a wealthy family when he was four.

"I grew up sleeping under the kitchen table. I got up early, swept the yard, washed the car, fetched water, emptied the chamber pot. I went to the market, bathed the children, walked the children to school and I couldn't come to school," he said. "I never ate with the family. I was abused physically. I was abused emotionally with bad words."

The restavek tradition may date to the time when Haiti was a French slave colony, when the children of slaves worked as domestics in the home of the master. Cadet said a relic of that era, a twisted cowhide whip known in Creole as a rigwaz, is still used to beat restaveks.

"It's the same whip that the French used during colonial times to beat slaves," he said. "You can buy them in the markets (in Port-au-Prince) today."

The restavek tradition lives on in part because it is accepted, or at least tolerated, in Haitian culture. Some families school and feed their restavek children, and some argue the children would die if they remained with their poor parents.

A family that has taken in a restavek child, Cadet said, will never admit to mistreating that child, and the government is reluctant to interfere in domestic affairs.

'LIKE A MOTHER'

Marie Regine Joseph Pierre calls her 16-year-old charge, Rosaline, her cousin, and says she took in the girl when she was eight.

Rosaline lives "like brothers and sisters" with Pierre's own children, she says, and goes to school.

"My behavior with them, it's like a mother," she said.

Expatriates have carried restavek traditions to the United States, Two years ago, a mother and her adult daughter were convicted in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, of keeping a Haitian teenager as their slave for six years.

The girl, Simone Celestin, described in court how she was beaten, forced to sleep on the floor and bathe from a bucket.

Although Haiti is a signatory to the United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child, Caroline Bakker, a child protection adviser for UNICEF, said it has no laws to protect restavek children.

Haiti needs new laws to protect children in domestic servitude from illegal labor practices, as well as social service programs to help parents who might otherwise give their children away.

"It should go hand in hand, protection and criminalization," she said. "Set up programs ... so that those families are able to keep those children with them, in their family, so that they can go to school (and) have a normal life with their families."

Jean-Robert Cadet said he sang along with his host family at the birthdays of their children, but never knew how old he was and believed that restaveks did not have birthdays.

"It's like a restavek child is not really a person. It's almost like you are disposable cloth," he said. "They use you and they throw you away."
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2015
what matters is for our leaders to be more consciously aware of the obligations to service and care for their people, but it might b impossible.

Belize’s economic freedom score is 56.8, making its economy the 117th freest in the 2015 Index. Its overall score is about the same as last year, with improvements in investment freedom and the control of government spending counterbalanced by declines in business and labor freedoms. Belize is ranked 20th out of 29 countries in the South and Central America/Caribbean region.

Over the past five years, Belize’s economic freedom has declined by 7 points. Deterioration has occurred in half of the 10 economic freedoms since 2011, with double-digit declines in freedom from corruption, business freedom, and labor freedom. Given the patchy efforts to advance economic reforms, economic dynamism in Belize remains constrained by structural weaknesses that undermine prospects for broad-based economic development.

Corruption has become prevalent, with Belize’s score on freedom from corruption declining by more than 20 points over the past half-decade. A weak and politically vulnerable judiciary has been ineffective in upholding the rule of law, and the country has become a haven for money laundering and drug transit. Despite a comparatively high level of trade freedom, dynamic gains from trade have been undercut by the lack of progress in reforming the investment climate and the financial sector.

Belize is a parliamentary democracy. Prime Minister Dean Barrow of the United Democratic Party won re-election for a five-year term in March 2012, more than a year earlier than constitutionally mandated. Since taking office in 2008, Barrow’s government has undermined investment by expropriating the leading private telecommunications and electricity companies and the water company. However, Belize has reached an agreement with bondholders to restructure its $544 million external debt, also referred to as the “superbond.” The economy is based primarily on tourism followed by exports of marine products, citrus, sugar, and bananas. Oil reserves are declining. Belize has high crime rates, a prevalence of HIV/AIDS, and significant unemployment.

government commission to monitor, prevent, and combat corruption has not met for several years. Business owners complain that government officials, police, and others often solicit bribes or show favoritism. The judiciary, although independent, is influenced by the executive. As of May 2014, the government had not compensated the owners of expropriated foreign-owned electricity and telecommunications companies.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Kagawa10: 12:19am On Sep 26, 2015
Truckpusher:
Nigeria's case is a structural problem that is interwoven with cultural differences and a certain appetite from some quarters of this country coupled with myopic and uneducated leadership that has resolved to maintain the status quo and keep their war booty intact - True federalism and industrialization to them means only one thing - ''We are no longer in charge of our war booty'' grin

Nigeria is a curse though I've not lost hope.
Wetin dis gingolo dey yarn?
Last I checked, an ibo man that destroyed our true federalism and the same set of people opposed regionalism/federalism last year!
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Kagawa10: 12:22am On Sep 26, 2015
dearpreye:

You know everything, wise one. And it all boils down to our inability or incapacity for sincerity and honesty in solving our problems.
Let that start with you first because you are one big liar!
What were your people doing when Jonathan was the president? Drinking ogogoro?
Yeye!
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 3:53am On Sep 26, 2015
bigfrancis21:
Black nations produce nothing, do not pull their weight globally, even in farming, and lag on all metrics—innovation, hard work, sacrifice, production, prosperity, and then use their own performance deficits to blackmail white people for aid, a senior Jamaican government official has said.

His column, titled “Racism thrives because black nations fail” pointed out that blacks are also highly racist towards all non-blacks of any other race, and employ outrageous double standards in dealing with whites, using the recent police shootings in America of criminal black thugs as an example:

“In Nigeria, blacks just killed 42 blacks and we do not blink, yet we’re rabid when police kill one black youth in the USA,” he wrote.

Dr. Johnston also dismissed the idea that slavery was the origin of racism. “Some say slavery caused racism. But it is dead, and despite multi-hued slaves, only black racism grows.”

He then explained in detail how blacks have racist attitudes towards non-blacks of all hues:

Most ethnic groups are racist to blacks, and we equally so!

Racist Africa expelled Asians (UK took them) as Dom Rep does Haitians today.

Our racists target Indian, Chinese using derogatory names and belittle their success as “yuh see ‘ow all a dem pack up inna on ‘ouse, an a calaloo and rice dem eat an dem av money; mi haffi eat meat!”

He then went on to his main point, that until black nations actually achieve anything of note, they will always automatically be regarded as backward:

The day one black nation has top military, space and nuclear capability, racism goes into immediate remission. Many black nations exist, but none prospers.

That slavery is the root of racism or the cause of black poverty is a cleverly crafted subterfuge by lazy-brained blacks; rip-off reparations and back-to-Africa scams.

Racism against “Gooks” died with Japan’s prosperity; the Chinese blew it away with cash and WMDs.

India (remember we dissed Coolie man?) is gone clear with technology, space and nuclear arms.

Africa is the only major population to be universally disrespected, even here; why?

They have no prosperous, potential menacing nation.

Small Jamaica is up front with big Nigeria as having great potential but mired in ennui, corruption and racism.

Black nations fail and this feeds global racism. We are our worst enemies.

Other races ordered their folks, scientists invented, stole or borrowed technology and got to a point where they could destroy the world—welcome to the head table!

Every black nation is a satrapy. Ours, with the best brand, shames the new world negro; rich, big Nigeria shames itself and black people everywhere!

He concluded by saying that only Africans could end the rest of the world’s view of Africa and black people as backwards:

Blacks can end racism but we will not apply ourselves!

Black nations produce few goods, mainly services—wrong move!

They live off nature’s bounty—tourism, beach, jungle, wild animals; to sing, dance, run, preen on a stage is what we do.

Blacks do not produce basics—sanitary napkin, car, gun, ship, toilet paper—yet use them with impunity.

Blacks do not pull their weight globally, even in farming, and lag on all metrics—innovation, hard work, sacrifice, production, prosperity.

They suffer for their performance deficits and use it to blackmail white people for aid.

Whoo nice. The jamaican observer. I am muy impressed. Thats awesome. wink
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 5:43am On Sep 26, 2015
Mzalendo.net

Ory Okolloh a kenyan activist started this site.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Truckpusher(m): 6:23am On Sep 26, 2015
Kagawa10:

Wetin dis gingolo dey yarn?
Last I checked, an ibo man that destroyed our true federalism and the same set of people opposed regionalism/federalism last year!
That thing that I wrote there will take your next entire generation another two decades to figure out.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by juman(m): 8:23am On Sep 26, 2015
The thread is interesting.

"Indeed, the most noble of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous of you". (Quran 49:13)
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by juman(m): 8:29am On Sep 26, 2015
Useless leaders is the problem of africa.

Here in nigeria, one nigeria makes "leaders" behave and lead senselessly thereby the country is destroyed.

nigeria failed to lead africa to greatness.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by macof(m): 11:37am On Sep 26, 2015
kaboninc:

There's a time stating the obvious facts will translate to grumbling and grumbling will result to frustration. Please understand that am not against us making those who pilot our affairs understand that some of their actions are not good or sound. Or that they cannot be held responsible for their actions.

But in so doing, we miss the mark, miss the idea, tarnish the goal and make a mess of ourselves. Personally, I've long decided to only see possibilities. Ideas and solutions. I'm quite aware that there are problems but I want to spend my time finding the solution. I go through a lot but I've realised that ruminating and chewing on this problem makes the problem appear so unsolvable.

Great nations were not built in a day. In fact, some of these great nations suffered same fate as we currently do. A positive will by the people, a determination to be better and zeal to make a difference are the propellants to a successful nation. When individuals who know what they want for better living do their bit, it won't take long for the people to realise that and identify with term. That way they are entrusted with leadership roles and a journey to greatness is born.

My point, make your mark and the people will desire you to lead them.

You fail to see the point. While dearpreye is trying to spot the root of the problems you want to ignore them and hope they will just go away if the human factor changes but the truth is Nigerians attitude to Nigeria is only normal....it's how humanity is ..its not until everyone starts doing charity, where you go do charity reach to build Nigeria?
Making your mark. ..you think People don't try? You think people don't try to make life comfortable for members of their community? But how much can you do when the society has failed to be educated on how to build a Nation

It's the "Nigeria" that is affecting the people. Not the individuals.
Kill Nigeria today and the people will have a different attitude

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by macof(m): 11:51am On Sep 26, 2015
juman:
Useless leaders is the problem of africa.

Here in nigeria, one nigeria makes "leaders" behave and lead senselessly thereby the country is destroyed.

nigeria failed to lead africa to greatness.
Why blame the leaders? Aren't you the one voting them in? Aren't these leaders from the society?
Just goes to show you that it's the society that has the root problem not the leaders
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by macof(m): 11:59am On Sep 26, 2015
trillville:

Cultural differences exist everywhere yet people still come together to ensure the development of their countries. The whole of Europe is linked economically today.

Our problem is greed and laziness. We also love to be worshipped by our peers, so we will do anything we can to bring down everybody close to us to ensure we are seen as the best.

No. Nigerians and the africans I know are not lazi. The problem is ignorance. When you don't know what to do how can you be productive?
As for greed. ..blame the society. Kids in school aren't even taught what they should be taught in regards to making them competent leaders of tomorrow ..so many grow to know nothing

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 12:21pm On Sep 26, 2015
macof:

You fail to see the point. While dearpreye is trying to spot the root of the problems you want to ignore them and hope they will just go away if the human factor changes but the truth is Nigerians attitude to Nigeria is only normal....it's how humanity is ..its not until everyone starts doing charity, where you go do charity reach to build Nigeria?
Making your mark. ..you think People don't try? You think people don't try to make life comfortable for members of their community? But how much can you do when the society has failed to be educated on how to build a Nation

It's the "Nigeria" that is affecting the people. Not the individuals.
Kill Nigeria today and the people will have a different attitude

I think you are the one who failed to see my point.

Please re-read my conversation with dearP.reye.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by badnature: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2015
that's is WHY Britain many African head of state don't want BIAFRA to be a reality,it will make them a laughing stock,people will want to know why this young republic is remarkably different from other African country.so Britain make sure we remain in this place very close to hellfire called Nigeria .the game is,if every body is backward,then nobody is backward.it is only BIAFRA that will change the status of Black people and Africa before the world.isee isee isee

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 12:48pm On Sep 26, 2015
macof:

No. Nigerians and the africans I know are not lazi. The problem is ignorance. When you don't know what to do how can you be productive?
As for greed. ..blame the society. Kids in school aren't even taught what they should be taught in regards to making them competent leaders of tomorrow ..so many grow to know nothing
no . . . it IS laziness.
Laziness in using their brains.
Laziness in creativity.
Laziness in learning and education.

In foreign countries, kids teach themselves. undecided they don't wait for some random teacher to come and tell them what is not. undecided

In Nigeria, we swallow everything we're taught. Hook, line, sinker, even the fisherman sef. undecided

Go to the agriculture section. Nobody comments. They are all in the romance. Talking about boobs and bottoms. While the arable land dries off . . . because we're not using it,
Go to the art and graphics section. Only the actual artists are there. Everyone else shys away. This not different in the science section.

The sections that make a difference, are the most deserted. And you say they're not lazy?

I THINK NOT! SIR!

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 26, 2015
They live off nature’s bounty—tourism, beach, jungle, wild animals; to sing, dance, run, preen on a stage is what we do

Na this one dey pain me pass.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 1:08pm On Sep 26, 2015
I mean no one can argue that the man is on point with his observations. But there's an element of self-hate there. And Context is lacking in most of the examples he gives, that is to say the most important element in justifying any kind of opinion in reality lol. Black countries esp. Naija need to sit the hell up. We are really lagging behind. But then one might ask what do we mean by 'black' ? I mean do we all operate on a single collective consciousness aligning with the different compartments of this 'collective psyche' to make sure that we have bad leaders who loot us dry, destroy our economies...... The notion is a little bit silly isn't it ?

A black dude shot unwarrantedly or abused/maltreated by a white officer due to the latter's prejudiced beliefs has nothing to do with violence in Nigeria or Cameroon or anyhwere for that matter. The individual exists as himself for himself only in that environment, blacks do not exist as one single body, aware of the actions of any 'organs ' or 'limbs' at any point in time. The American case of institutionalized racism or that in latin America toward Afro-Latins is as real as life, and to the individuals it concerns it is of paramount importance. A boko haram bombing for instance is marginal to their interests, on the periphery of their concerns, but yet they are still 'black'. Summarily speaking it would be good if this erudite self-hating ppl took the time to employ some creativity to their thinking. Yes, some lazy folks milk some issues to their advantage but you cannot 'right' a wrong with another 'wrong'. Are we to deny these prejudices exist?

And sorry to say but I would like the scholar to tell me if there are Nigerian examples of the vaswanis, chagoury etc in India or China or the states. Africans are generally welcoming , but can get insecure/impatient if one tries to run scams on them. Vaswanis have learnt this and are about to learn again. Indians chased from Uganda yes, but it wasn't Uganda that chased them, it was Idi Amin....... He was insecure and misinformed about their landholdings or general significant stake in his country's economy. But Today isn't the richest man in Uganda Indian ? lol. Africans have prejudices but not on the formalized-and lately tacit- level of the west or the east. No one would stop foreign businessmen from growing or living here amidst hospitality and comfort. But let an African aspire to the same heights on other continents. Lets see how it goes.....

Context is key..... Haiti was a blessed land ( France's sugar treasure, the wealthiest of its possessions) that led the first and only successful slave revolt in history. The subsequent impositions of trade bans from her Western hemisphere neighbors facilitated by the apparently 'insulted' French polity ( plus the mind boggling 90 million fine imposed by france on the nascent polity?!?!?!!? for freeing themselves from bondage lol ). Or what about the ill-advised boundary restructuring by Europeans in Africa that has allowed for some countries to spend at least two, three decades marred in direct and indirect warfare due to the diversity-inducing violence over resources, power etc. Viewing African nations as if they have existed in their present structures like say 5,000 year old China or equally old India or the very Europeans themselves who fought crazy religious and ethnic/regional battles for centuries before reaching long-term compromises. (e.g Brittany and Languedoc in france ).

No excuses for our leaders or our people but this whole 'black' this and 'black' that rhetoric can get a little too much sometimes. Especially when its infused into very bare,general arguments that do not look at things on a case by case or individual/unique basis. No one blames white ppl for messed up white cases like hitler, or eastern european inefficiencies...... African/black leaders are clearly at fault in many areas, but blanket statements/observations will not help to solve anything. It'll only trigger reactions from the black opportunists whom one is trying to curtail, or give justification to extremist white bleeps who cant go thru a day without pointing something wrong about black ppl, black keys on the piano, black tea cups, black cars, black hair, black sky, black....... YOU GET WHERE iM GOING.

3 Likes

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by macof(m): 4:03pm On Sep 26, 2015
kaboninc:

I think you are the one who failed to see my point.

Please re-read my conversation with dearP.reye.

I read everything. You can try re-reading mine
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by macof(m): 4:10pm On Sep 26, 2015
Teempakguy:
no . . . it IS laziness.
Laziness in using their brains.
Laziness in creativity.
Laziness in learning and education.

In foreign countries, kids teach themselves. undecided they don't wait for some random teacher to come and tell them what is not. undecided

In Nigeria, we swallow everything we're taught. Hook, line, sinker, even the fisherman sef. undecided

Go to the agriculture section. Nobody comments. They are all in the romance. Talking about boobs and bottoms. While the arable land dries off . . . because we're not using it,
Go to the art and graphics section. Only the actual artists are there. Everyone else shys away. This not different in the science section.

The sections that make a difference, are the most deserted. And you say they're not lazy?

I THINK NOT! SIR!

And you know that foreign kids don't need teachers...how did you reach this conclusion?
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by musicwriter(m): 6:55pm On Sep 26, 2015
@bigfrancis21.

That's an accurate explanation, except that I don't agree with him that slavery isn't the origin of racism.

Indeed, slavery is the origin of racism and I'm doing an article on that, I'll show physical proof that slavery is the origin of racism. Hopefully, the piece will be out later in the year.

Every other thing he said I have said so over 2 years ago. Seems he even read me in preparation for his article. Africa is going no where, until we get science right.

I made my own research, and I said it about 2 years ago that Africa Cannot Develop Without Investment in Grassroots Science. http://www.africason.com/2014/06/african-school-of-grassroots-science.html?m=1

I decided to take action by challenging the current system of education we practise in Africa, which is nothing but a brainwashing colonial education inherited from Britain and France. Anybody who have students in school, inform them to go to www.AfricanSchool.org to start learning science in a way they can understand it. More lessons will be added from time to time.

And I also just made a post here to that effect. https://www.nairaland.com/2626186/nairalander-challenges-african-system-education

Hopefully, someone will take it to the front page to have it seen.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by kaboninc(m): 7:06pm On Sep 26, 2015
macof:

I read everything. You can try re-reading mine

Ok
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 7:40pm On Sep 26, 2015
macof:

And you know that foreign kids don't need teachers...how did you reach this conclusion?
kindly Google khan academy, edx, coursera, brilliant and watch many YouTube videos.

You'll eventually notice that these kids, while going through a formal education, take time to actually teach themselves stuff!
Of course, not all students do this, but I can boldly say more than 60%.
Ask Velocitron, most of these kids, start doing whatever they're going to do in life from a young age. From bill gates to mark zuckerberg to Albert Einstein to Richard Feynman. . . the MAJORITY of these kids are natural autodidacts!

Your average Nigerian kid only does what is taught in class. Even the most brilliant once are still stuck within the confines of their years. It's extremely rare for a widely read autodidact to exist over here. sad
Most future electrical engineers don't know what a processor does. Most future computer scientists think computer science is all about making games. embarassed

We need a mindset change,

1 Like

Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by fightforchange1(f): 1:20am On Sep 27, 2015
Dasuks:
I mean no one can argue that the man is on point with his observations. But there's an element of self-hate there. And Context is lacking in most of the examples he gives, that is to say the most important element in justifying any kind of opinion in reality lol. Black countries esp. Naija need to sit the hell up. We are really lagging behind. But then one might ask what do we mean by 'black' ? I mean do we all operate on a single collective consciousness aligning with the different compartments of this 'collective psyche' to make sure that we have bad leaders who loot us dry, destroy our economies...... The notion is a little bit silly isn't it ?

A black dude shot unwarrantedly or abused/maltreated by a white officer due to the latter's prejudiced beliefs has nothing to do with violence in Nigeria or Cameroon or anyhwere for that matter. The individual exists as himself for himself only in that environment, blacks do not exist as one single body, aware of the actions of any 'organs ' or 'limbs' at any point in time. The American case of institutionalized racism or that in latin America toward Afro-Latins is as real as life, and to the individuals it concerns it is of paramount importance. A boko haram bombing for instance is marginal to their interests, on the periphery of their concerns, but yet they are still 'black'. Summarily speaking it would be good if this erudite self-hating ppl took the time to employ some creativity to their thinking. Yes, some lazy folks milk some issues to their advantage but you cannot 'right' a wrong with another 'wrong'. Are we to deny these prejudices exist?

And sorry to say but I would like the scholar to tell me if there are Nigerian examples of the vaswanis, chagoury etc in India or China or the states. Africans are generally welcoming , but can get insecure/impatient if one tries to run scams on them. Vaswanis have learnt this and are about to learn again. Indians chased from Uganda yes, but it wasn't Uganda that chased them, it was Idi Amin....... He was insecure and misinformed about their landholdings or general significant stake in his country's economy. But Today isn't the richest man in Uganda Indian ? lol. Africans have prejudices but not on the formalized-and lately tacit- level of the west or the east. No one would stop foreign businessmen from growing or living here amidst hospitality and comfort. But let an African aspire to the same heights on other continents. Lets see how it goes.....

Context is key..... Haiti was a blessed land ( France's sugar treasure, the wealthiest of its possessions) that led the first and only successful slave revolt in history. The subsequent impositions of trade bans from her Western hemisphere neighbors facilitated by the apparently 'insulted' French polity ( plus the mind boggling 90 million fine imposed by france on the nascent polity?!?!?!!? for freeing themselves from bondage lol ). Or what about the ill-advised boundary restructuring by Europeans in Africa that has allowed for some countries to spend at least two, three decades marred in direct and indirect warfare due to the diversity-inducing violence over resources, power etc. Viewing African nations as if they have existed in their present structures like say 5,000 year old China or equally old India or the very Europeans themselves who fought crazy religious and ethnic/regional battles for centuries before reaching long-term compromises. (e.g Brittany and Languedoc in france ).

No excuses for our leaders or our people but this whole 'black' this and 'black' that rhetoric can get a little too much sometimes. Especially when its infused into very bare,general arguments that do not look at things on a case by case or individual/unique basis. No one blames white ppl for messed up white cases like hitler, or eastern european inefficiencies...... African/black leaders are clearly at fault in many areas, but blanket statements/observations will not help to solve anything. It'll only trigger reactions from the black opportunists whom one is trying to curtail, or give justification to extremist white bleeps who cant go thru a day without pointing something wrong about black ppl, black keys on the piano, black tea cups, black cars, black hair, black sky, black....... YOU GET WHERE iM GOING.

For you to make a comment that all blacks are not connected and do not have a similar condition mentally and are cery different. I think that the op is thinking big picture. Maybe you dint understand that but he aint wring for thinking like that....bcus at the end of the day people look at us the same. Its commendable for him to have that point of you....bcuz thats a winners state if mind. If all blacks could uproot the selfish and the disregard that all black nations leaders have...I think that we all have a different stae of minf. But from point of view i dont think theres nothing wring. Blacks everywhere in the usa in africa and all over have specific problems.
Its just important for all black nations to care about their people...

Cus this thread topic was something that i had thought about too. Anf im an American. The op is nigerian.
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by springtech(m): 4:29am On Sep 27, 2015
We are watching in 4D.

#iamspringtech
Re: Racism Thrives Because Black Nations Fail by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 27, 2015
@fightforchange1 I respect your opinion but my criticisms are not against the OP, rather its toward the 'self-hating' author. Ofc overall on the grander scale we are one and the same. But to use that link to plant seeds of self hate and refer to a group of ppl( billion plus) in such a demeaning manner without going into details in history and circumstance. Esp when they are spread across several continents faced by different situations over time. So yes we are the SAME but u cannot look into the issue of haiti without going into the aftermath of the revolt, or of African nations without looking into the age of the polities, how long have they existed in their present forms?? Thats my point. Hence the comparisons to 5000 year old China etc and the centuries of warfare facilitated by religios/ethnic/political differences in Europe. I would make the same criticism of an 11th century monk writing about the inferiority of non-Latinized Western Europe. Same issue of no context.

About us being one, fine there's no doubt to that. But ppl don't live their lives connected to a gigantic CPU of consciousness, servicing races, tribes etc. Individuals still live and operate and a selfish level. I lived in North America for a while and I know that a regular black person isn't necessarily alarmed by Congo or Naija violence. Rather its that pedo in the neighbourhood she'll be trying to keep her kids safe from etc . We are one and yes one can write anthropological papers that make sweeping generalizations, but not on issues like this. Esp when u run the risk of justifying the prejudices of others against your own. Tackle it head on, as it exists in reality.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Can't Believe This Is Happening In My Country And People Are Quiet. / Funny Comp: How Peter Obi Government will look like (pictures) / Another Revelation On The Jan.1966 Coup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 137
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.