Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,717 members, 7,831,256 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (142) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2617186 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:20am On Jun 27, 2016
Can someone please advice on this as I am experiencing such as well.
tundechange:
Morning my people!

Please, if my former company is not willing to address my reference letter to "To Whom It May Concern", can it be addressed to the below address?

Citizens and Immigration Canada
Canadian High Commission
P.O.Box 1639,
42, Independence Avenue
Accra, Ghana.

Kindly respond urgently!

Nagode!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:17am On Jun 27, 2016
flyboi1:

Thanks so much. I reside in nigeria so I'll just chill. But i have another issue, im having difficulties paying for WES. How do i go about it? Im currently stuck on the payment page as it is not accepting my debit card.

I used IQAS Instead. Payment made. Why does it hav to be so expensive cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Team27(f): 12:55pm On Jun 27, 2016
Good afternoon nairalanders. Please I am new here. Which province is accepting pple. I will like if you guys can help with links and info on how to begin.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 2:14pm On Jun 27, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hi all,

The journey that started last year May has finally come to an end. We finally landed in Canada yesterday. Glory to God as we are now officially Permanent Residents of Canada. Nothing much was asked except if we have new family members and if we have any criminal record. Even POF was not asked.

Want to wish everyone with their applications still in process all the best. For those that are still awaiting ITA and PNP, God will perfect it and finally for those who are contemplating on starting this Canadian PR journey, please start as soon as you can, you have got nothing much to lose.

I will still be on the forum to answer any questions you may have but I won't be able to answer any job related questions as we are only doing short landing. We will be travelling back home in the next few weeks as we are not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next 2 years.

Congratulations

I am happy to read this, I will like to contact you for some clarification, I have sent you a request.

Thanks so much and waiting to read from you

Segun
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dejilale: 4:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hello seniors, pls help me on this;
pls which PNP do u think someone with NOC 5241(Graphic Design) could channel? Has any PNP ever requested for this NOC? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:17pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hi everyone, please I want to know if someone with only secondary school certificate can apply for the Canada Permanent Residency? Also, he is a Graphic Designs Artist, is his occupation valid for 2016?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MumTee: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=dupyshoo post=46853006]Hi all,

The journey that started last year May has finally come to an end. We finally landed in Canada yesterday. Glory to God as we are now officially Permanent Residents of Canada. Nothing much was asked except if we have new family members and if we have any criminal record. Even POF was not asked.

Want to wish everyone with their applications still in process all the best. For those that are still awaiting ITA and PNP, God will perfect it and finally for those who are contemplating on starting this Canadian PR journey, please start as soon as you can, you have got nothing much to lose.

I will still be on the forum to answer any questions you may have but I won't be able to answer any job related questions as we are only doing short landing. We will be travelling back home in the next few weeks as we are not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next 2 years.
[/quote

So soothing and pleasant is the sound of success, Congrats Dear.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hi all,

Congratulations Dear, this is good news. Please do you really mean they didn't ask for your proof of funds?

Also, you said you're not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next two years, did they ask you about such detail during the application?

Thanks as I await your reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jun 27, 2016
For PNP, please is the process same with EE or PR Skilled worker?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
I have responded to your pm.

segbas:

Congratulations

I am happy to read this, I will like to contact you for some clarification, I have sent you a request.

Thanks so much and waiting to read from you

Segun
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:58pm On Jun 27, 2016
Thanks.

You need the POF for your application. However, although you are required to bring the pof while landing you might or might not be asked to show it. I had the POF with me while landing though.

Yes, I need to sort out some issues before finally relocating to Canada. To maintain permanent resident status, one needs to stay in Canada 2 years out of 5 years. So it is not compulsory that one relocates to Canada immediately. However, one will have to land in Canada before the date stated on your COPR which is usually a year after medicals. After landing, you can come back to your home country but you will need to travel back to Canada within the next 3 years to retain PR status.

AyaSunday:

Congratulations Dear, this is good news. Please do you really mean they didn't ask for your proof of funds?

Also, you said you're not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next two years, did they ask you about such detail during the application?

Thanks as I await your reply

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by LaserFocus: 5:01pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hello guys,

I'm new to this forum but have been reading up on all the posts.

I really need your help here. I registered on the EE system and came up as ineligible. No scores were displayed on my profile.

My IELTS results is L7, W7.5, S8, R8.5, Overall 8.0
My NOC is 1121, have about 7 years experience in Human Resources, a Master’s degree which has been verified by WES. Age 43, Single. I don’t have a job offer in Canada, I don’t have a provincial nomination and I don’t have a relative in Canada. Funds available to move to Canada is $15,000. I put in both my Bachelors degree and Masters degree. Both have been verified by WES.
What could be responsible for this ineligibility report? How do I go from here?

I also have a second career as a Pharmacist with NOC 3131 . I have part time work experience with this. I didn’t use this in the application because it is a regulated profession requiring examination and certification before I can practice it in Canada. Can I put in another application in the EE system using this?

Your responses will be truly appreciated.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
The 1st page of this thread gives a detailed explanation of the steps required.
There is basically one main route of migrating to Canada, which is through express entry. All you are required to do is to evaluate your academic certificate with some approved organisations such as WES, IQAS, ICAS among others and also write IELTS. You wiĺl need to score very high in your IELTS to stand a chance.

With your ECA and IELTS, you will register a profile in a pool and you will be issued a CRS score. If your CRS score is high enough, you will be issued an invitation to apply (ITA). It is after getting the ITA that you can then apply.

However, based on the info you provided about yourself, your CRS score might not be high enough to get a direct ITA. You will need a nomination from a province to boost your score.

[quote author=YOLO1 post=46982347]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 5:16pm On Jun 27, 2016
The only issue I can see is your age.

Did you get up to 67 out of 100 under eligibility?

Check this link for more details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

LaserFocus:
Hello guys,

I really need your help here. I registered on the EE system and came up as ineligible. No scores were displayed on my profile.

My NOC is 1121, have about 7 years experience in Human Resources, a Master’s degree which has been verified by WES. Age 43, Single. I don’t have a job offer in Canada, I don’t have a provincial nomination and I don’t have a relative in Canada. Funds available to move to Canada is $15,000. I put in both my Bachelors degree and Masters degree. Both have been verified by WES.

I also have a second career as a Pharmacist with NOC 3131 . I have part time work experience with this. I didn’t use this in the application because it is a regulated profession requiring examination and certification before I can practice it in Canada. Can I put in another application in the EE system using this?

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 5:30pm On Jun 27, 2016
dupyshoo, thank you so much for all your responses to my posts. Please how can one get the provincial nomination?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amehR16: 5:49pm On Jun 27, 2016
Hello people!

Well done to everyone helping 'everyone' here.

I have seen my question talked around but no very clear answer yet please. Kindly advice someone who has BSC and MBA I know the highest certification is what is to be verified BUT does anyone know of anyone, or can anyone prove that verifying both can give more points?
Please respond I just want to be certain before moving on.

Thanks!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
dupyshoo:
The only issue I can see is your age.

Did you get up to 67 out of 100 under eligibility?

Check this link for more details.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Please, is there a restriction in age for permanent residency? What other options can one have at over 40 years old?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:03pm On Jun 27, 2016
amehR16:
Hello people!

I have seen my question talked around but no very clear answer yet please. Kindly advice someone who has BSC and MBA I know the highest certification is what is to be verified BUT does anyone know of anyone, or can anyone prove that verifying both can give more points?

Thanks!!!

Its the same point you will get either you evaluate the two or you evaluate the highest. However, if both qualifications are from a Nigerian school, it may be wise to evaluate only the MBA as one school may delay the other if you decide on the two

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jun 27, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:07pm On Jun 27, 2016
Ineedmychild:

Please, is there a restriction in age for permanent residency? What other options can one have at over 40 years old?

Not exactly, just that you don't get any point for age from 47 upwards. The option you may have if you are over 40 is to ensure your spouse also writes the IELTS and you should actively seek a provincial nomination or if you have a Masters, nothing less than 6years experience in the same occupation and you must score 8,7,7,7 LRWS in your IELTS. Even at this, if you are above 42 and you are single, it wont work
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:09pm On Jun 27, 2016
flyboi1:

Thanks so much. I reside in nigeria so I'll just chill. But i have another issue, im having difficulties paying for WES. How do i go about it? Im currently stuck on the payment page as it is not accepting my debit card.

Change to another bank card, if you are still having issues with the one you are trying to use. It however appears GTBank card sails through most times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
LaserFocus:
Hello guys,

Cheers.

From what i can see here, you score 64 but you need 67 to qualify. Also, you may be single but if you have a child and you indicated you have one, you will need more than 15000CAD. Even if you rewrite IELTS to score 8 in Listening, your score will still only come to 66 and as such, it appears you may not be able to make Express Entry as other areas where you could have gotten some points to jerk you up aren't exploitable, namely spouse IELTS or close relative in Canada.

The only thing i'm thinking can work is if you are able to adapt your Pharmacist work experience to the job roles of a Purchasing and Supply Officer with NOC 1225, so as be able to use it for SINP OID. You must however have nothing less than 4years work experience to qualify.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 6:23pm On Jun 27, 2016
It is a bit difficult to get provincial nomination. Most of the provinces require one to have resided in their province or have a job offer in the province.

You can check the websites for the provinces to check their requirements and determine if you qualify

AyaSunday:
dupyshoo, thank you so much for all your responses to my posts. Please how can one get the provincial nomination?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 6:29pm On Jun 27, 2016
JesusDway, nice to have you back.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amehR16: 6:36pm On Jun 27, 2016
JesusDWay:

Its the same point you will get either you evaluate the two or you evaluate the highest. However, if both qualifications are from a Nigerian school, it may be wise tmnly the MBA as one school may delay the other if you decide on the two

Thank you so much. So I suppose if i have an mba and then on the WES website it is written: "Academic transcripts showing all subjects completed and all grades awarded for all years of post secondary study" this doesnt mean i am going to ask my Bsc institution to also send trabscripts. THANKS SO MUCH!!

@dupyshoo congratulatiionsss!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 8:33pm On Jun 27, 2016
amehR16:
Hello people!

Thanks!!!

Verifying the highest degree will surely give you more points (Masters in this case). Check the link here:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/grid-crs.asp#a1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kennyausta: 9:44pm On Jun 27, 2016
[quote author=MumTee post=46982242][/quote] Hello Sir thanks for your information. I applied for Quebec Skilled worker program for this year and I received a mail that I qualified and I want to proceed but don't know if am dealing with the right persons. am kind of confused right now and wouldn't mind if u can direct me on what to do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 11:39pm On Jun 27, 2016
Has anyone ever done ECA with CES Here? Those guys seem to me to be really slow in their services cry cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 12:40am On Jun 28, 2016
please can someone give me an answer for or on behalf?
Zandora JesusDway Dupyshoo eftash etc

ugoiyke79e:
Hello house, i have a question for the gurus.
can one use a bank account that has a loan on it with monthly deductions as proof of funds?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 5:33am On Jun 28, 2016
Good morning everyone. This is really bothering me. I worked with a company as a sales and purchasing assistant manager between 2011 and 2013(skill type A) . Although the company isn't functioning anymore. But presently, I work as a cashier, (which is skill type C).
I intend claiming points for my previous job, is that going to be possible? And besides, my previous company isn't functioning anymore,but I can manage to get a letter from my former boss, stating that I have worked with the company before.
Please, do you think this will work? And is it possible I neglect the work I have now, as it is just a skill tye c, which can't be used for EE purposes...

(1) (2) (3) ... (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.