Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:55 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (139) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600930 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:28pm On Jun 23, 2016
rokee:
thank you for your response SlowlybtSurely. i would like to add that i have a one year NYSC experience with a very reputable firm in an in-demand occupation. however the company is adamant that they don't give reference letters for NYSC but they gave me a letter of service only stating the duration and job tittle. is there any way that can help?

If they can write that it was full-time and mention the number of hours you worked a week and how much you earned during the period plus highlighting your job title and duties, it may work. Otherwise, get someone there who is a supervisor or something to write for you on plain paper then scan his/her business card on it, that will be sufficient as CIC understands that there are instances where some companies wont issue such letters to their employees. Note that the letter must contain all i highlighted earlier. Best Wishes!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 8:38pm On Jun 23, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hi all,

The journey that started last year May has finally come to an end. We finally landed in Canada yesterday. Glory to God as we are now officially Permanent Residents of Canada. Nothing much was asked except if we have new family members and if we have any criminal record. Even POF was not asked.

Want to wish everyone with their applications still in process all the best. For those that are still awaiting ITA and PNP, God will perfect it and finally for those who are contemplating on starting this Canadian PR journey, please start as soon as you can, you have got nothing much to lose.

I will still be on the forum to answer any questions you may have but I won't be able to answer any job related questions as we are only doing short landing. We will be travelling back home in the next few weeks as we are not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next 2 years.

Congrats Dupe! Thank God for you. Meanwhile, this is a public forum, censor some things

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 9:10pm On Jun 23, 2016
Dupyshoo of life!congratulations dearie...enjoy your stay
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:46pm On Jun 23, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hi all,

The journey that started last year May has finally come to an end. We finally landed in Canada yesterday. Glory to God as we are now officially Permanent Residents of Canada. Nothing much was asked except if we have new family members and if we have any criminal record. Even POF was not asked.

Want to wish everyone with their applications still in process all the best. For those that are still awaiting ITA and PNP, God will perfect it and finally for those who are contemplating on starting this Canadian PR journey, please start as soon as you can, you have got nothing much to lose.

I will still be on the forum to answer any questions you may have but I won't be able to answer any job related questions as we are only doing short landing. We will be travelling back home in the next few weeks as we are not planning to move to Canada permanently until the next 2 years.

Congrats dupyshoo. More blessings!

Will like to know more about this "short-landing" cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 10:19pm On Jun 23, 2016
Gd evening, pls I want to create an account on WES page, pls should I use my maiden name or my new name.my certificate carries my maiden name and my passport carries my new name. Pls it urgent
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ladon7:
Gd evening, pls I want to create an account on WES page, pls should I use my maiden name or my new name.my certificate carries my maiden name and my passport carries my new name. Pls it urgent
It doesn't matter to Wes. The name that is listed on your school credentials will be on your ECA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 10:40pm On Jun 23, 2016
Ladon7:

You should use your new name because old things have passed away, behold they have become new.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:43pm On Jun 23, 2016
dupyshoo:
Hi all,
Congrats.
Amen to your prayers oo. This NB info session must track oo. IJN.
It shall end in praise for us all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 10:45pm On Jun 23, 2016
flakkyk1:
I will appreciate Response from the Pros in house, I have tried to register for the Newbrunswick information session and will filling the registration form i found out that If i have a family in another province I dont qualify, Has any one else experienced this and what is the recommendation to proceed with it or find another province cause my sis is in another province

Thanks
Having a family member in another province, equals automatically disqualification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 11:15pm On Jun 23, 2016
beyunce:

It doesn't matter to Wes. The name that is listed on your school credentials will be on your ECA.
It does, my wife's name was changed on the evaluation report but they still include the maiden name in brackets
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:51am On Jun 24, 2016
Arcayo:

It does, my wife's name was changed on the evaluation report but they still include the maiden name in brackets
Okay.i guess WES do as they please. Mine was not changed even though I registered with my new surname when I got my result it was exactly as it was on my uni certificate. I guess your wife sent in her marriage certificate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by topmycin: 5:30am On Jun 24, 2016
Hello house..please which body evaluates degree in veterinary medicine? Thank you all in advance
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 6:05am On Jun 24, 2016
Yes you need to write a language test like IELTS before you can create an Express Entry profile. You may want to start the process for getting a police report, and ECA report (for your degrees).

flyboi1:
Dear all, do i need to write the ielts exam before creating a profile on cic? What other documents should be ready before i create a profile?. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:40am On Jun 24, 2016
Gymme:
Yes you need to write a language test like IELTS before you can create an Express Entry profile. You may want to start the process for getting a police report, and ECA report (for your degrees).

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 8:16am On Jun 24, 2016
Gd mng house, please I need clarification on WES and IQAS. I av B.Sc in industrial chemistry and POst graduate diploma in Education. Thou I am using my B.SC to work, which of the 2 can I send for evaluation and to which body(WES or IQAS) . its urgent pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 9:51am On Jun 24, 2016
beyunce:

Okay.i guess WES do as they please. Mine was not changed even though I registered with my new surname when I got my result it was exactly as it was on my uni certificate. I guess your wife sent in her marriage certificate?
She didn't, only registered with new name
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutiefy: 11:11am On Jun 24, 2016
Hello all, has anyone going to dubai received d confirmation for NB session as per venue , heard those going to Doha have received theirs.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 12:09pm On Jun 24, 2016
Morning my people!

Please, if my former company is not willing to address my reference letter to "To Whom It May Concern", can it be addressed to the below address?

Citizens and Immigration Canada
Canadian High Commission
P.O.Box 1639,
42, Independence Avenue
Accra, Ghana.

Kindly respond urgently!

Nagode!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 12:27pm On Jun 24, 2016
cutiefy:
Hello all, has anyone going to dubai received d confirmation for NB session as per venue , heard those going to Doha have received theirs.
Not yet we're all still waiting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 1:40pm On Jun 24, 2016
mng house, please I need clarification on WES and IQAS. I av B.Sc in industrial chemistry and POst graduate diploma in Education. Thou I am using my B.SC to work, which of the 2 can I send for evaluation and to which body(WES or IQAS) . its urgent pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 2:19pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ladon7:
mng house, please I need clarification on WES and IQAS. I av B.Sc in industrial chemistry and POst graduate diploma in Education. Thou I am using my B.SC to work, which of the 2 can I send for evaluation and to which body(WES or IQAS) . its urgent pls
Send the two degrees,it's safer. I know one can send masters alone,but not sure it's same for pgd. You could use either of the two. I used WES and I have no regrets. Someone mentioned IQAS being cheaper though.Whichever one you choose to use,send both degrees.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 2:26pm On Jun 24, 2016
Arcayo:

She didn't, only registered with new name
Oh well. They are really on drugs. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oloriesther(f): 2:44pm On Jun 24, 2016
Good afternoon all, my family wants to start the PR process with my husband as the principal applicant. He has a B.Sc in Engineering and an MBA (Masters in Business Admin).please which of the certificates should he send to WES for ECA. Is the MBA enough to WES and for the EE application since is NOC is under engineering & I.T management.
Thanks for your prompt response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 2:45pm On Jun 24, 2016
Has anyone used IQAS for cert evaluation, pls if ubav,kindly share ur experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by cutiefy: 2:48pm On Jun 24, 2016
Ok
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by egariyi(f): 3:46pm On Jun 24, 2016
Thanks. I have sent someone there and is being sorted out presently.

As per the dollar thing, I just feel its will be alot better if I start mopping up it from my salary account. Withdraw naira, buy dollar and log into my dom account. I believe one can substantiate using one's naira salary acct. Most naira cards no longer works abroad and I feel to just be a step ahead grin grin

Quote author=Ekpekus post=46852284]
Yes it can be used but the tricky part is providing evidence how the funds came about except you earn dollars.
For the WES, if you can go to your school or know someone there to help verify if WES has sent your documents for verification otherwise send WES a mail stating that your school is yet to get their mail. Most times WES sends another one. I hope this helps[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by revlane: 4:59pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello, Please i need clarification on some things.
1. At what point will the proof of funds be needed. Before ITA or After PR?
2. Which is more acceptable, current account or a fixed deposit?

Thanks for your support. My IELTS is tomorrow hopefully i can score high band.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 7:13pm On Jun 24, 2016
revlane:
Hello, Please i need clarification on some things.
1. At what point will the proof of funds be needed. Before ITA or After PR?
2. Which is more acceptable, current account or a fixed deposit?

Thanks for your support. My IELTS is tomorrow hopefully i can score high band.

It is required after ITA. You are to submit it as part of the documents to be submitted to get your PR Visa. Fixed deposit may be better to show as pof as they hardly question its source unlike having a transactional account which you may possibly pay the lump sum into an they will query where it came from vis a vis sometimes checking your payslip to determine if you really have the source to have accrued such amount.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 7:14pm On Jun 24, 2016
beyunce:

Not yet we're all still waiting.
@ all pls can any1 shed light on how to go about this Qatar visa cos i got d mail to attend the NB info.session slated for 13/07/16
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by CM2003(m): 8:11pm On Jun 24, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house,

I am about starting my journey with CIC however I want to do my ielts nd verification of certificate but I have the below challenges nd would need help pls

My international passport is still in my maiden name, my masters certificate is in my maiden name, the name am known with in my office is my maiden name even though i hv done change of name nd paper publication, the challenge is should I go ahead nd register for ielts nd do cert verification with my maiden passport attached? Or I hv to travel to Abuja to do a new m passport in my marriage name? Pls note I hv a family of 3

Thnx for yur response nd God bless you all.

[/quote]
MJBA:
@ all pls can any1 shed light on how to go about this Qatar visa cos i got d mail to attend the NB info.session slated for 13/07/16

(1) (2) (3) ... (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.