Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,170 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (168) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605267 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 2:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
Doggys:
Hello.
Thank you very much,I have finally created a profile. Now is to be at alert for Monday the 16th oo!

You are welcome. Yes, Tuesday, 1:30pm Local time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 3:01pm On Aug 11, 2016
egariyi:

Hi Guys

Been trying to make online payment to IQAS but each time I get to the payment point, the page suddenly freezes shocked shocked. Its being this way for sometime now. I am not sure I am using the correct website. Can someone give me the link for IQAS pls. Thanks.
I had the same challenge. What I did was to use my sister's access bank ATM card and it went through. I noticed that my ATM was mastercard while my sister's was visa. Maybe that was why her's went through and mine did not. Give it another shot with an access bank ATM card.

Another option is to contact someone in Canada or the US to buy money order for you and send to your address in Nigeria so you can include in your package but that is more expensive and time consuming.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abusaibu: 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2016
Goodday house, pls can someone clearify this to me.

I login to Quebec site under the mon quebec project for skilled worker which they will receive 5000 application by next week. Under the frequent ask question about the waiting room, someone ask that is it possible to reserve a place in the waiting room before the start of the application intake period. Then the answer given is NO, since the waiting room will be reinitialized before the start of the application intake period, after this reinitialization, the applicant will be directed to a transition page, on this page, a timer will be displayed indicating the time remaining before the applicant is automatically led to the waiting room, all the numbers will be assigned when the waiting room opens for the intake period at 8.30am motreal time.

Soo what does this answer means? I need a clearification on this. thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chizzybaby247: 3:50pm On Aug 11, 2016
Good day people, i just joined the interesting group, and i understand that most of us here have gone very far in the process, which is quite interesting, but we that are just starters, our questions shouldnt be neglected. i have asked this question a million times and nobody seem to be interested in putting me through. thats not fair at all.
chizzybaby247:
Hello everyone,
Please am in process of determining my eligibility, how do we calculate the complete/full academic years in Nigeria. i read Elect/Elect Engineering for 5 years in a university.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbpin(f): 4:04pm On Aug 11, 2016
greetings:

Oh yeah! Na waka sure pass, but I honestly would like to live there as long as I can get a job and integrate.

For people interested, I found some informations. I will break it down and Will post links, read up and let's discuss grey areas.
You don't need ECA OR IELTS to apply. As long as you can get points required without them.

First create a Mon quebec account (with a windows or MAC laptop),this should be done before 16th of august.
On 16th, by 8:30, enter your account and you will be placed in a virtual room.when it gets to your turn,you will have 10 minutes max to submit your application or your session will expire and you will need to go back and wait in line again.
You fill and submit the application, you can choose to pay with card or cheque or money order or something. If you chose cheque it must get to them within 30 days.
You application will only be processed when the money is received, after which a list of documents to send to them will be sent to your Mon quebec account.
You will have 90 days to get this documents to them.
(From what I gather,they want originals of your credentials, waec, BSC, MSC, work reference, birth certificates, passports or whatever they ask for in general)AM NOT SURE OH! Still researching. grin

Once they are okay with your documents, they return them and issue you a certificate of .... (CSQ sha angry )
This is when you will now apply with the Canadian government for PR. They ask you to do medicals and pcc and clear you.

VIOLA,! you become a legal immigrant.

Please read links below and let's see how poor my reading skills are embarassed

http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/informations/mon-projet-quebec/faq.html

If I find more useful informations,ill post them.

Thanks.

Please how much is the application fee as i cannot find it anywhere on their site?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by OGIYEN: 4:18pm On Aug 11, 2016
Can't find anywhere it is stated that you don't need ECA or ielts.
bbpin:

Please how much is the application fee as i cannot find it anywhere on their site?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 4:34pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hiyah,

I have read your questions but I don't seem to understand it. That's why I have not answered. Can you be more explicit about what you are trying to achieve. What stage are you in the process and why are you trying to calculate the no of years of study? If you can answer these questions, maybe it will be easy to answer your question.

chizzybaby247:
Good day people, i just joined the interesting group, and i understand that most of us here have gone very far in the process, which is quite interesting, but we that are just starters, our questions shouldnt be neglected. i have asked this question a million times and nobody seem to be interested in putting me through. thats not fair at all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bbpin(f): 4:47pm On Aug 11, 2016
Please house, can someone apply to more than one provinces at a go?if yes which ones allows that?

thanks so much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nikky111: 10:48pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello, gud evening everyone. Pls has anybody heard about the quibec temporary foreign worker program. I have some questions to ask about it. Thanks as I await your positive response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by beyunce(f): 11:10pm On Aug 11, 2016
yinyinola:
Good morning all. Please does nayone know if New Brunswick has got their own occupation list peculiar to them? or do they go with the IRCC general list of approved occupations? I remeber Saks has got their own list which is drawn from the general IRCC list but has to do with peculiar demands in their province. I have checked their website over and over again and it seems they go with the general list...please advise if there is a list peculiar to them and where to view this. Thanks in advance.
Check http://welcomenb.ca/content/wel-bien/en/immigrating_and_settling/how_to_immigrate/new_brunswick_provincialnomineeprogram/New_Brunswick_express_entry/EligibilityRequirements.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:57pm On Aug 11, 2016
Hello. your question isn't clear. Kindly go to page 0 of this thread and read up. The entire process of the fsw EE was explained and laid down step by step with links for each step on pages 0-1. it would do you a lot of good to read up.
chizzybaby247:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by platypelloid: 1:07am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello house,please is there any medical doctor that has qualified for PR under this express entry??
As opposed to FSW ??
It seems express entry is a dead end to medical doctors
Pls contribute??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:12am On Aug 12, 2016
platypelloid:
Hello house,please is there any medical doctor that has qualified for PR under this express entry??
As opposed to FSW ??
It seems express entry is a dead end to medical doctors
Pls contribute??
I know one medical doctor. She applied for express entry from the UK, and she has a masters degree from the UK too. She just came to land and has since returned to the UK to complete her PhD program.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flosk: 2:38am On Aug 12, 2016
For the Quebec intake session coming up next week

It is 16th Tuesday 1.30pm
And not Monday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 3:15am On Aug 12, 2016
Finally, i can rejoin this thread, ielts now out of the way. CLB 10 at last.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 8:08am On Aug 12, 2016
Congrats!!!
chinchum:
Finally, i can rejoin this thread, ielts now out of the way. CLB 10 at last.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chizzybaby247: 8:20am On Aug 12, 2016
Thank you so much for your reply.
sorry if i didn't present my question well, Am trying to determine my eligibility, it's a step by step form that am filling there on CIC site, there'a place am asked to fill in the complete/full academic years. am a bit confused because i dont know how that it's calculated. for someone who read a 5year course here in Nigerian University. hope my question is now a bit explicit. thanks
dupyshoo:
Hiyah,

I have read your questions but I don't seem to understand it. That's why I have not answered. Can you be more explicit about what you are trying to achieve. What stage are you in the process and why are you trying to calculate the no of years of study? If you can answer these questions, maybe it will be easy to answer your question.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:51am On Aug 12, 2016
chizzybaby247:
sorry if i didn't present my question well, Am trying to determine my eligibility, it's a step by step form that am filling there on CIC site, there'a place am asked to fill in the complete/full academic years. am a bit confused because i dont know how that it's calculated. for someone who read a 5year course here in Nigerian University. hope my question is now a bit explicit. thanks
You put 5years.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 9:32am On Aug 12, 2016
If you studied a 5 year course, then the total number of university academic years is 5. It is possible, you are a bit confused because you stayed in school for more than 5 years due to strike action. I can relate with that as well cos I spent almost 7 years for a 5 year course due to strike actions. It still does not change the fact that the total academic years you used is 5 years.

Which tool are you using to check your eligibility?

You can try this tool as it will tell you the steps to take after completion of the questionnaire.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/ctc-vac/cometocanada.asp

chizzybaby247:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by egariyi(f): 9:40am On Aug 12, 2016
Thanks Freeradical. My problem is that the payment does not come up after clicking online payment option. It just hang and froze. Some told me to try it out in the evening (when its their morning), it still came up same. I am thinking I may be using a wrong link to access IQAS. Could you please provide me with the full website of IQAS you used. Thanks

freeradical:
I had the same challenge. What I did was to use my sister's access bank ATM card and it went through. I noticed that my ATM was mastercard while my sister's was visa. Maybe that was why her's went through and mine did not. Give it another shot with an access bank ATM card.

Another option is to contact someone in Canada or the US to buy money order for you and send to your address in Nigeria so you can include in your package but that is more expensive and time consuming.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by pearharbour(m): 10:16am On Aug 12, 2016
hello house, i just got my IELTS result:

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 6.5

Am applying for MPNP, i want to know if am eligible cause am worried about the writing part of my test. sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by powermike9999: 1:34pm On Aug 12, 2016
Hello Great people,

Gurus in d house pls i need assistance concerning my reference letter. My previous employer refused to write it 'To Whom It May Concern' instead they are asking for a specific address. 

Has any1 experienced this before? Who can we address the letter to. PLEASE HELP MY GOOD PEOPLE.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 3:02pm On Aug 12, 2016
OGIYEN:
Can't find anywhere it is stated that you don't need ECA or ielts.

You don't need ielts at the point of applying because you can still apply and modify your application later as soon as you have it.meaning,you shouldn't miss the chance because you don't have it yet,you can apply and then write it and update your profile after. For ECA it's stated explicitly they don't accept it,they want you to instead send certified true copies of your credentials to them.

The application fee is somewhere there too, it's about 600 dollars for principal applicant and about 170 dollars for dependents.

I stated that I wasn't sure about somethings when I made that post,I asked people to go and read the links especially the FAQ part and let's discuss grey areas, so forgive me if I did give wrong impressions.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mzjennypher(f): 3:44pm On Aug 12, 2016
zandora:
Hello all,

I've created this thread for Canadian Express Entry and outstanding FSW 2014 applicants since the previous thread became too long and has now been closed. I've also pasted a PDF link below which details the step by step instructions to apply for the Federal Skilled Workers Program via Express Entry.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4gWGgP8Vy5lSjFoaC01ZUtOaTg/view

In order to apply for Express Entry via FSW you need to first have a minimum of 1 year full time (30 hrs a week) or 2 years part time (15 hrs a week) skilled work experience which falls under NOC code A,B or O. Check for your NOC code below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

Next take your IELTS General test.

Then evaluate your degree or credentials via WES Canada (the best option). See link below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

After doing the above, to find out if you've qualified you need to score a minimum of 67 points out of 100 in the FSW grid. Calculate your score below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Now that you've qualified, you can go ahead and complete your Express Entry profile via the link below:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/profile.asp

Other things you must have:

Reference letters to verify the work experience you're claiming points for in the specified format below:

Written on company letterhead.

Signed by the responsible officers/supervisor.

Have the printed name and job title of the responsible officer/supervisor beneath the signature.

Show the company’s full address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail and website addresses

Stamped with the company’s official seal (if applicable)

The letter must include 5 things:

Your job title.

The dates of your employment (ideal format: DD/MM/YYYYY).

Your salary per year (or month).

Your average hours per week.

A detailed list of your employment duties.

Next you need to provide police certificates from all the countries you've resided in for 6 months and above since you were 18 years. See link on how to obtain PC from various countries below:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/infORmation/security/police-cert/index.asp

Then you need to provide proof of funds for you and/or your family:

Number of
Family Members Funds Required
(in Canadian dollars)
1 $12,164
2 $15,143
3 $18,617
4 $22,603
5 $25,636
6 $28,913
7 or more $32,191 (I've updated the funds requirement)

Note: Birth certificates are no longer required for applicants but are only now required for your child/children.

Wishing you the best of luck smiley!

Previous thread:

https://www.nairaland.com/1279130/canadian-federal-skilled-worker-program-timelines

@zandora while going through the canada express entry site i saw the " Note: Degree program must be in one of these fields of study: Medicine, Veterinary Medicine, Dentistry, Podiatry, Optometry, Law, Chiropractic Medicine, or Pharmacy".
please does it mean if i didnt study any of the above courses i wont be able to apply or get points for education? dear gurus pls help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:48pm On Aug 12, 2016
Good evening all.Please I need clarification about the Canadian Skilled immigration programme.What are the steps for applying?total cost and how long does it take to complete the application process.Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by molly14: 8:17pm On Aug 12, 2016
good day house,

i hope some 1 will be able to help me out. On the day i registered on Mon Qubec site i was able to create an account and when i logged into my account some how i was able to click on the start button on the apply section and i saw the required fields to fill in. now i've been trying to go back and the start button is not active anymore. now i'm wondering if what happened b4 was a system error or i'm still supposed to go ahead and fill and somehow the start button is not working on my account. i don't know if i'm making sense. Pls help me out. Monday is around the corner. thank u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:24pm On Aug 12, 2016
judithidoghogm:
Good evening all.Please I need clarification about the Canadian Skilled immigration programme.What are the steps for applying?total cost and how long does it take to complete the application process.Thanks

Please go to page 0 and read up to get the basics.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dfash2000: 8:51pm On Aug 12, 2016
pearharbour:
hello house, i just got my IELTS result:

Listening: 7.5
Reading: 6.0
Writing: 5.5
Speaking: 6.5
Overall: 6.5

Am applying for MPNP, i want to know if am eligible cause am worried about the writing part of my test. sad
yes you are, but hope you know someone iñ Manitoba 'cos that's the main criteria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by debeams: 10:23pm On Aug 12, 2016
Here is to both share my testimony and also encourage someone that's indecisive.
Like I've stated somewhere on earlier on the thread, I wrote my IELTS on the 4th of June with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 6
S 7
I went for the result on the 20th of June & I didn't even bother to take it out refusing, rejecting and submitting for EOR, Long story short, 7weeks on, today I got my reply with the following result
L 8.5
R 8.5
W 8
S 7. My speaking was not increased but I forgive them TWO (2) whole band review on my writing.
So here's my big thanks to all those that shared link for IELTS prep way back. iphie28 (sorry if I miss the figure) et all, now I can boldly say THANK YOU & GOD BLESS YOU

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by freeradical(m): 10:46pm On Aug 12, 2016
Give it some time, I think the website is having some technical difficulties. Try again after 24hrs.
egariyi:
Thanks Freeradical. My problem is that the payment does not come up after clicking online payment option. It just hang and froze. Some told me to try it out in the evening (when its their morning), it still came up same. I am thinking I may be using a wrong link to access IQAS. Could you please provide me with the full website of IQAS you used. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yinyinola: 10:59pm On Aug 12, 2016
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tundechange: 11:11pm On Aug 12, 2016
Praise the Lord oh!!!

I finally got my WES ECA report today. I applied since May 11th, today makes it 3 months and 1 day. Na to enter swimming pool now o!

(1) (2) (3) ... (165) (166) (167) (168) (169) (170) (171) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.