Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:40 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605722 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by focuscanada: 12:10pm On Sep 21, 2016
Immigration Policy changes Fall 2016 – Rumours, Concerns, CRS Score 43rd Draw

Some interesting news published here for our concern, must read for Canada immigration aspirants.

http://www.oopnp.com/2016/09/21/immigration-policy-changes-fall-2016-rumours-concerns-crs-score-43rd-draw/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 1:25pm On Sep 21, 2016
40manlappy:

Saved for future reference. Thanks Boss smiley

How far with your "hustle"? This process is really getting tighter. More faith is required.

I'm good bro! Yeah, there might be some easing up in the system soon but then, that might favour inland applicants more. We anticipate the new programme being proposed by the Atlantic provinces early next year, that should favour outland applicants by God's grace. I think the challenge for quite some people now is the exchange rate and how its shooting up the amount required for pof. I pray God will help us and make a way in Jesus name

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2016
43rd draw is out. Cut off is 483 and 1,288 invited

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jugzy: 2:03pm On Sep 21, 2016
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on September 21, 2016 and ending on September 22, 2016 is 1,288.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on September 21, 2016 at 12:05:41 UTC, have been assigned a total of 483 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:33pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thanks a lot.
Will they accept savings account and also fixed deposit? Or ONLY current account?
JesusDWay:

Principal applicant or joint account. No more, no less
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by living2k: 2:39pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hello house,

I have been a silent reader and now want to take the plunge. However, I have these questions:

1. On lists of document to send. It says our Secondary School Certificate must be sent in Directly by WAEC. How does one go about this?

2. I possess an Engineering Bachelors and Masters Degrees. Do I need to send both for Evaluation from WES?

3. What is the cost from WES, because I have foreign degrees from a Eastern European Country. Is it a flat rate?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:40pm On Sep 21, 2016
emeify:
Thanks a lot.
Will they accept savings account and also fixed deposit? Or ONLY current account?

Savings, Current and Fixed Deposits are all acceptable

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 2:48pm On Sep 21, 2016
living2k:
Hello house,

I have been a silent reader and now want to take the plunge. However, I have these questions:

1. On lists of document to send. It says our Secondary School Certificate must be sent in Directly by WAEC. How does one go about this?

2. I possess an Engineering Bachelors and Masters Degrees. Do I need to send both for Evaluation from WES?

3. What is the cost from WES, because I have foreign degrees from a Eastern European Country. Is it a flat rate?

You are paying the same flat rate of either 233.91 CAD or 322 CAD(if you want them to send the evaluated document to you via courier). Ignore the WAEC part, its not necessary, evaluate only your foreign degrees
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by egariyi(f): 2:53pm On Sep 21, 2016
jugzy:
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on September 21, 2016 and ending on September 22, 2016 is 1,288.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on September 21, 2016 at 12:05:41 UTC, have been assigned a total of 483 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

Hmm CRS gradually coming down.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by living2k: 2:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
JesusDWay:

You are paying the same flat rate of either 233.91 CAD or 322 CAD(if you want them to send the evaluated document to you via courier). Ignore the WAEC part, its not necessary, evaluate only your foreign degrees

So to confirm, I will just evaluate both bachelors and masters, with the translations and transcripts and all at a total cost is C$234?
Why would one want the evaluated documents send back? Are they not all photocopies?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JesusDWay(m): 3:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
living2k:

So to confirm, I will just evaluate both bachelors and masters, with the translations and transcripts and all at a total cost is C$234?
Why would one want the evaluated documents send back? Are they not all photocopies?

By 'evaluated document', i mean the evaluation result. A softcopy will first be sent to you and then a hardcopy will be shipped to you same day and yes, all at a cost of 234CAD
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by living2k: 3:27pm On Sep 21, 2016
JesusDWay:

By 'evaluated document', i mean the evaluation result. A softcopy will first be sent to you and then a hardcopy will be shipped to you same day and yes, all at a cost of 234CAD

God bless you! I will come with more questions later. Let me get this one done now. and prepare for my ielts scheduled for november

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 5:54pm On Sep 21, 2016
please who has any contact in kwara poly, i have been on WES verifcation for my OND since March 2016. First the school said they have not received any letter from wes. I wrote to wes and they resent it all to no avail.

Please if you have any contact in kwara poly that can help me fast track this, please quote this post.

I plead o.

#CanadianDream still alive wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 6:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
Pls can I get the link for calculating crs
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 6:59pm On Sep 21, 2016
483 God dey very soon my 472 will come........ Fingers crossed....... Still waiting.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 8:07pm On Sep 21, 2016
You can download google hangoutt dialer too on Play Store if you are using an android phone. Is free to call any number in Canada and US. But you will require data ooò.

JesusDWay:
For everyone who needs to contact WES, your best, most reliable and costless means is to reach them via fax. You can send free fax messages online. Google myfreefax, hellofax, etc, they provide free fax facility. Compose your message in microsoft word, and send it as an attachment through the free online fax facility, don't forget to provide your email as the channel through which WES will respond to you and, you should usually get a response from them either same day or the next. Those who need to send a copy of their certificate(s) to WES as well can use this medium. Their fax number is (+1) 416-972-9004. Try it and thank me later.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:36pm On Sep 21, 2016
segbas:
You can download google hangoutt dialer too on Play Store if you are using an android phone. Is free to call any number in Canada and US. But you will require data ooò.

Thanks for the information. However, when I searched on Play Store, what I saw were ''Dialer One'' ''ExDialer'' etc. Please reconfirm the name of the app.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bellniki1: 10:02pm On Sep 21, 2016
Thank a lot, seen smiley
JesusDWay:

Go to the page where your score is displayed in your EE Profile, scroll down and you will see a place where your EE Profile number is displayed, click on that and you will see a small drop down showing a short link saying 'click here'. Click on it and it will download a pdf message of your EE details, open the pdf and you will see the specific job bank link you are to use in registering your job bank account.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by mexxyaaron(m): 10:45pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hello Gurus in the house, I really commend what you are doing here. Pls I need advise before applying. I have Bsc in Quantity Surveying, 9 yrs working experience in the field of quantity surveying and construction management,35yrs of age, my wife has Bsc Marine Biology,working as a speech/behavioural therapist for kids with special needs ,2years job experience, 29yrs, 2 kids.
With the above info,what are our chance in getting picked.
Also what our likely point if we both take the IELTS test and we both pass the test.

Thanks to all and I will appreciate your sincere advices..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adewakeup1(m): 11:26pm On Sep 21, 2016
@JesusDway God bless you, thanks
JesusDWay:

Yes you do, as long as you will write your IELTS and pass very well and provided your work experience is in IT, it stands you a better chance. I may also recommend that your wife writes the IELTS Exam as well
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by StanP(m): 4:51am On Sep 22, 2016
Please can someone share his or her insights on this? Thank you.

StanP:
Hello Guys,

Please do one need to send WAEC transcripts to WES? I have my degree and professional certificates but their letter still indicates that they need those for my Secondary School education.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by segbas(m): 6:31am On Sep 22, 2016
Hangout Dialer - Call Phones by Google Inc

40manlappy:

Thanks for the information. However, when I searched on Play Store, what I saw were ''Dialer One'' ''ExDialer'' etc. Please reconfirm the name of the app.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ladon7: 8:40am On Sep 22, 2016
Gd mng,pls how can I calculate my crs score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2016
Hiyah,

Use this tool to calculate your CRS score. However, from the information you have provided, you will likely need provincial nomination.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

mexxyaaron:
Hello Gurus in the house, I really commend what you are doing here. Pls I need advise before applying. I have Bsc in Quantity Surveying, 9 yrs working experience in the field of quantity surveying and construction management,35yrs of age, my wife has Bsc Marine Biology,working as a speech/behavioural therapist for kids with special needs ,2years job experience, 29yrs, 2 kids.
With the above info,what are our chance in getting picked.
Also what our likely point if we both take the IELTS test and we both pass the test.

Thanks to all and I will appreciate your sincere advices..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2016
Use this link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
Ladon7:
Gd mng,pls how can I calculate my crs score
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 11:35am On Sep 22, 2016
StanP:

StanP:
Hello Guys,

Please do one need to send WAEC transcripts to WES? I have my degree and professional certificates but their letter still indicates that they need those for my Secondary School education.

Thank you in advance for your response.

The thing is that WES evaluation process is very rigorous. They are seeking your WAEC certificate because of the evaluation on your professional certificate, to ascertain the minimum qualification to start your certification so as to know what to assess it as. These days, WES is a MESS. i am yet to complete wife's ICAN evaluation since April, they requested WAEC as well. Worsestill, they may not summarise your degree and professional certification as "2 or more......". It can be that bad.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by primeson1(m): 2:01pm On Sep 22, 2016
please anyone o

primeson1:
please who has any contact in kwara poly, i have been on WES verifcation for my OND since March 2016. First the school said they have not received any letter from wes. I wrote to wes and they resent it all to no avail.

Please if you have any contact in kwara poly that can help me fast track this, please quote this post.

I plead o.

#CanadianDream still alive wink
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chifylo: 6:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
Sorry I haven't been following the thread for a while now. Please has any doctor in the house completed Educational credential assessment through MCC and ECFMG?

Is it true that they first send your credential along with a verification form to your institution, which they ought to fill and send back to EICS and then a second review is sent again by EICS requesting for details of your academics from your institution, making the process in two phases?

Does it mean one has to pay twice for the verification process? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 9:19pm On Sep 22, 2016
chifylo:

Sorry I haven't been following the thread for a while now. Please has any doctor in the house completed Educational credential assessment through MCC and ECFMG?

Is it true that they first send your credential along with a verification form to your institution, which they ought to fill and send back to EICS and then a second review is sent again by EICS requesting for details of your academics from your institution, making the process in two phases?

Does it mean one has to pay twice for the verification process? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks.

sorry i have no knowledge of d details of d evaluation process.....infact, mcc tells candidates not to contact ecfmg..... the deal is btw candidates and mcc so u dont ordinarily get to know d details except if your school doesnt respond after several trials.
However, I can tell you i paid just once and the evaluation was done....then i paid again to request for d ECA report which was sent to me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:28pm On Sep 22, 2016
Good evening, please I wanted to confirm if the cost for ECA will be double if I am to verify two certs same time or is it one cert with its own price i.e both first degree and masters cert, thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 11:31pm On Sep 22, 2016
Please another question, is IQAS still acceptable for ECA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amazing01: 8:12am On Sep 23, 2016
StanP:

Send certificate for you highest level of education to WES. You don't need to send WAEC

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.