Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,187 members, 7,811,477 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600011 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 01, 2016
As I asked earlier:

Hello guys, please has anyone sent their transcript from OAU to WES before, I'd like to get some information. Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 10:46pm On Nov 01, 2016
DIPXOID:
As I asked earlier:

Hello guys, please has anyone sent their transcript from OAU to WES before, I'd like to get some information. Thanks!
Yes...still on it though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 02, 2016
Adiahabasi:

Thanks for the reply. Can I send the result to WES directly from OAU without going there?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gretop(m): 12:44am On Nov 02, 2016
Adiahabasi:

Adiahabasi:

Is it the online transcript application you used or you went there physically ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by femiaction(m): 8:33am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello house, weldone guys. Please I need wes fax number with code because I try this fax number but 416-972_9004 and it's not delivered. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teefinix: 8:39am On Nov 02, 2016
I have written ielts but my problem is knowing whc occupation to nominate. I be degree in agric econs ,MBA and a professional qualification in accounting (ACCA). I be 10yrs experience in banking. I am considering nominating financial mgrs....but if my btech agric and MBA is assessed...do I be a good chance of good report?....as most of the designated authouriries do no assess professional certifications. Also how do one assess ones experience? I really need advise.....thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 9:17am On Nov 02, 2016
Still need help from the house pls.
Larrydamsel:
Hi experienced friends,

Pls has anyone in the house received Provincial Nomination Certificate from SINP in the past or knows how it works? Learnt it's not connected to EE pool and only require CLB4. With the certificate, individuals may then submit an application for permanent residence to the federal government. Pls can someone expantiate how this works because my profession is civil engineering. Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 9:26am On Nov 02, 2016
Hello house please what the difference between SINP EE and OID for sasks province. Also my occupation (Accounting) is not on the list for the occupation in demand in sasks. Will i be eligible under the SINP Express Entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 10:39am On Nov 02, 2016
Let me share the little I learnt of late. EE in SINP is different from OID in the sense that OID requires you to have experience in any of the listed occupations before you can qualify but EE is free for all if you're able to meet the required 60points out of 100 ie from Education, Experience, Age, Settlement fund. You can read more on SINP.
ysmd:
Hello house please what the difference between SINP EE and OID for sasks province. Also my occupation (Accounting) is not on the list for the occupation in demand in sasks. Will i be eligible under the SINP Express Entry.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 10:59am On Nov 02, 2016
vcole:
I do not quite agree with your reason for advising him against adding a spouse. As the letter clearly states, it was not because he included a spouse that he failed to meet requirements. He failed to meet requirements because after adding a spouse his CRS no longer met the points for which he was sent an ITA.
So, the advise should be that the intended applicant should re calculate his crs with his spouse included. This would mean having her degree evaluated and her ielts done. If with the addition of a spouse and claiming points for her education and language test, his crs still meets the minimum crs for the draw in which he received an ITA, then he shouldn't have a problem. A letter of explanation clearly stating his change of marital status should suffice.
If he no longer meets the minimum crs after the addition of a spouse then he should decline the ITA.

My question here is what if the applicant was nominated by a province and his CRS was in the league of 900 and above, does it mean he can easily add his spouse or other dependency without falling below the score that he got ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:36am On Nov 02, 2016
SINP EE
- requires you to be qualified for Express Entry and to be in the pool already
- if you are nominated, extra 600 points will be added to your CRS score. You will then apply for PR online
- Your occupation has to be among the occupation in demand

OID
- Being in the EE pool is not required
- if you are nominated, you will have to submit your apoplication to IRCC using paper form.
- Paper application takes longer time that application through EE
- Your application has to be among the occupation in demand

With your occupation, you don't qualify for any of the two.
ysmd:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:41am On Nov 02, 2016
Not correct. Your work experience still has to be under the occupation in demand.

Larrydamsel:
Let me share the little I learnt of late. EE in SINP is different from OID in the sense that OID requires you to have experience in any of the listed occupations before you can qualify but EE is free for all if you're able to meet the required 60points out of 100 ie from Education, Experience, Age, Settlement fund. You can read more on SINP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:42am On Nov 02, 2016
Yes.

Saturi:

My question here is what if the applicant was nominated by a province and his CRS was in the league of 900 and above, does it mean he can easily add his spouse or other dependency without falling below the score that he got ITA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 12:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thanks @dupyshoo.

I am in a committed relationship and i intend migrating to Canada with my partner and i being the principal applicant intend to go through the PNP (Sasks) route because my NOC falls within the OID.

Hence since we are not married yet is it advisable for me to complete the application 1st and after i get nominated i should include her for my PR application or wait after i apply for PR then update CIC of the status change. In addition will she need to do ielts and ECA since i intend adding her as a dependency post nomination when applying for PR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:14pm On Nov 02, 2016
You can include her anytime during the processing of either the PNP or your PR application.

The most important thing is to ensure you include her immediately you get married as you are required to notify both Sask PN and IRCC anytime your status changes. Do not delay in notifying them as it could be termed as misrepresentation

Saturi:
Thanks @dupyshoo.

I am in a committed relationship and i intend migrating to Canada with my partner and i being the principal applicant intend to go through the PNP (Sasks) route because my NOC falls within the OID.

Hence since we are not married yet is it advisable for me to complete the application 1st and after i get nominated i should include her for my PR application or wait after i apply for PR then update CIC of the status change. In addition will she need to do ielts and ECA since i intend adding her as a dependency post nomination when applying for PR.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 1:20pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thanks@dupyshoo. What do you mean by "if you are nominated, you will have to submit your application to IRCC using paper form. I'll appreciate broad explanation on this pls and what will be your advice for someone like me that my occupation is within the OID knowing fully well that OID opens more than EE. Thanks
dupyshoo:
SINP EE
- requires you to be qualified for Express Entry and to be in the pool already
- if you are nominated, extra 600 points will be added to your CRS score. You will then apply for PR online
- Your occupation has to be among the occupation in demand

OID
- Being in the EE pool is not required
- if you are nominated, you will have to submit your apoplication to IRCC using paper form.
- Paper application takes longer time that application through EE
- Your application has to be among the occupation in demand

With your occupation, you don't qualify for any of the two.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by muyiwaojo1(m): 1:24pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hello everyone, please my previous occupation is among theSINP. What are the requirements to apply for the SINP. And is proof funds required in the application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teefinix: 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
Please houseeeeee...awaiting your advises...

teefinix:
I have written ielts but my problem is knowing whc occupation to nominate. I be degree in agric econs ,MBA and a professional qualification in accounting (ACCA). I be 10yrs experience in banking. I am considering nominating financial mgrs....but if my btech agric and MBA is assessed...do I be a good chance of good report?....as most of the designated authouriries do no assess professional certifications. Also how do one assess ones experience? I really need advise.....thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adeji2001: 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2016
muyiwaojo1:
Hello everyone, please my previous occupation is among theSINP. What are the requirements to apply for the SINP. And is proof funds required in the application

Proof of fund is required but the funds in form of account balance, fixed deposit or TB must be 90 days old, that is 3 months for you to be eligible to apply for SINP.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2016
Sincerely, I really don't understand your question. However, I will try to answer.

For you to get PR, you will need to apply to IRCC. One major route of applying to IRCC is through Express Entry. If you go through this route, your application will be done online and will be processed within 6 months (average processing time). However, before you can apply, you will have to receive an invitation to apply (ITA). ITA is based on your CRS score. Therefore, if you don't have high CRS score, you will not receive ITA and hence, you won't be able to apply. Most people with low CRS score are forced to go through provincial nomination route to boost their chances of receiving ITA.

When you apply to any province, the aim is to get a provincial nomination to enable you qualify to apply to IRCC. If the provincial nomination programme (PNP) supports Express Entry, once you application to the province is approved, 600 points will be added to your CRS score which will automatically qualify you to receive an ITA. However, if the PNP does not support EE, you will have to download application forms from IRCC website, fill the forms and send the completed application forms to Nova Scotia. This process is similar to the old route as you are not required to do Upfront Medicals, you will receive Acknowledgement of Receipt of your application 3-4 months after submission and your application will likely take over 1 year before it will be approved.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Larrydamsel:
Thanks@dupyshoo. What do you mean by "if you are nominated, you will have to submit your application to IRCC using paper form. I'll appreciate broad explanation on this pls and what will be your advice for someone like me that my occupation is within the OID knowing fully well that OID opens more than EE. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:16pm On Nov 02, 2016
You don't need to assess your work experience for Canada PR unlike Australia PR. You are only required to evaluate your academic qualifications.

Since you have MBA and BSc, you stand a good chance if you are less than 29 year old and have good IELTS score.

What you need to do now is to evaluate your BSc and MBA using either WES Canada or IQAS. If you take time to read from Page 0, you will get a good understanding of the whole process.

What area is your work experience? You need to find a suitable NOC code that perfectly describes your work experience.

teefinix:
Please houseeeeee...awaiting your advises...

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Larrydamsel: 2:38pm On Nov 02, 2016
You've really done justice. Thanks.
dupyshoo:
Sincerely, I really don't understand your question. However, I will try to answer.

For you to get PR, you will need to apply to IRCC. One major route of applying to IRCC is through Express Entry. If you go through this route, your application will be done online and will be processed within 6 months (average processing time). However, before you can apply, you will have to receive an invitation to apply (ITA). ITA is based on your CRS score. Therefore, if you don't have high CRS score, you will not receive ITA and hence, you won't be able to apply. Most people with low CRS score are forced to go through provincial nomination route to boost their chances of receiving ITA.

When you apply to any province, the aim is to get a provincial nomination to enable you qualify to apply to IRCC. If the provincial nomination programme (PNP) supports Express Entry, once you application to the province is approved, 600 points will be added to your CRS score which will automatically qualify you to receive an ITA. However, if the PNP does not support EE, you will have to download application forms from IRCC website, fill the forms and send the completed application forms to Nova Scotia. This process is similar to the old route as you are not required to do Upfront Medicals, you will receive Acknowledgement of Receipt of your application 3-4 months after submission and your application will likely take over 1 year before it will be approved.

I hope I have answered your questions.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teefinix: 2:40pm On Nov 02, 2016
Thank u dupyshoo,really appreciate ur prompt response..,....I am 35yrs old and 10 years experience in banking....am yet to receive my ielts result..I just want to weight my chances..against Australia. Due to my conflicting qualification and work experience....I am looking at nominating a job where I have my work experince...which is financial managers...

dupyshoo:
You don't need to assess your work experience for Canada PR unlike Australia PR. You are only required to evaluate your academic qualifications.

Since you have MBA and BSc, you stand a good chance if you are less than 29 year old and have good IELTS score.

What you need to do now is to evaluate your BSc and MBA using either WES Canada or IQAS. If you take time to read from Page 0, you will get a good understanding of the whole process.

What area is your work experience? You need to find a suitable NOC code that perfectly describes your work experience.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Saturi: 2:41pm On Nov 02, 2016
Hence, does it mean she doesnt have to do ECA and IELTS? Just an update to notify sasks PN and IRCC during PNP application or PR or it is post application just need to have clarity.

dupyshoo:
You can include her anytime during the processing of either the PNP or your PR application.

The most important thing is to ensure you include her immediately you get married as you are required to notify both Sask PN and IRCC anytime your status changes. Do not delay in notifying them as it could be termed as misrepresentation

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:47pm On Nov 02, 2016
Since you have MBA, then I don't think this should be a problem. Even if you don't have MBA, it will still not be a problem. You should be more concerned about your age and IELTS score.

teefinix:

Thank u dupyshoo,really appreciate ur prompt response..,....I am 35yrs old and 10 years experience in banking....am yet to receive my ielts result..I just want to weight my chances..against Australia. Due to my conflicting qualification and work experience....I am looking at nominating a job where I have my work experince...which is financial managers...

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 2:50pm On Nov 02, 2016
She won't need IELTS and ECA. However, you will need to submit the following for her: medicals, PCC, updated POF, schedule A and some other application forms, scanned copy of int. passport, marriage certificate among others.
Saturi:
Hence, does it mean she doesnt have to do ECA and IELTS? Just an update to notify sasks PN and IRCC during PNP application or PR or it is post application just need to have clarity.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bumdesh: 4:11pm On Nov 02, 2016
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #46 – November 2, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (November 2, 2016).

Ottawa, November 2, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (NOVEMBER 2, 2016)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on November 2, 2016 and ending on November 3, 2016 is 2,080.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on November 2, 2016 at 12:34:57 UTC, have been assigned a total of 472 point or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

See previous instructions respecting invitations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by damidior: 4:30pm On Nov 02, 2016
Bumdesh:
Ministerial Instructions respecting invitations to apply for permanent residence under the Express Entry system #46 – November 2, 2016

The Minister of Citizenship and Immigration, pursuant to section 10.3 of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, gives the annexed Ministerial Instructions Respecting Invitations to Apply for Permanent Residence under the Express Entry System (November 2, 2016).

Ottawa, November 2, 2016

JOHN MCCALLUM
Minister of Citizenship and Immigration

MINISTERIAL INSTRUCTIONS RESPECTING INVITATIONS TO APPLY FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCE UNDER THE EXPRESS ENTRY SYSTEM (NOVEMBER 2, 2016)

Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on November 2, 2016 and ending on November 3, 2016 is 2,080.

Required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on November 2, 2016 at 12:34:57 UTC, have been assigned a total of 472 point or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.

See previous instructions respecting invitations

This figure no wan go down again?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 6:58pm On Nov 02, 2016
WES asesses ACCA as equivalent to Canadian BSC. You can add your MBA to it for better scores. Depending on what occupation you want to nominate

teefinix:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nievel: 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2016
Good day house pls which evaluation body is more efficient and comprehensive from experience? WES or IQAS?
Thank you all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ama4god: 9:12pm On Nov 02, 2016
Greetings to everyone of you here. Iphie25 I hail ooo! Pls forgive my silence. I ve been away for quite some time now, but i ve bounced back.
Pls, is there any uniben graduate who had applied for transcript and sent to IQAS for evaluation? I honestly and desperately need help on how to go about this.
Anybody with knowledge should pls help a sister in need.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 03, 2016
ama4god:
Greetings to everyone of you here. Iphie25 I hail ooo! Pls forgive my silence. I ve been away for quite some time now, but i ve bounced back.
Pls, is there any uniben graduate who had applied for transcript and sent to IQAS for evaluation? I honestly and desperately need help on how to go about this.
Anybody with knowledge should pls help a sister in need.

@ama4god, I didn't use IQAS, I used WES in 2014 and asked for my transcript. Though I had a friend who was in school. He helped me with my transcript. When WES sent my verification email, UNIBEN claimed not to see it until I gave some guy some money and asked WES to resend. It was responded to and I had my ECA in less than 2 weeks. Have you made payment to IQAS already?

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.