Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,140 members, 7,811,210 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (240) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599836 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 4:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
Thanks a lot for the prompt Response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2017
boldinc:
455 is a good score and would most likely get an ITA in the next draw as the last cut off was 459...

Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 4:52pm On Jan 17, 2017
Gurus in the house. Please help!! What is the appropriate NOC code for a marketer in a bank. Kindly respond.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dogice(m): 5:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Gurus in the house. Please help!! What is the appropriate NOC code for a marketer in a bank. Kindly respond.

Google search bro,

http://noc.esdc.gc.ca/English/noc/QuickSearch.aspx?ver=16&val65=1123
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 6:07pm On Jan 17, 2017
[quote author=BlessedFellow01 post=52849879]

You can get the police certificate same day. My friend's brother got mine for me but my friend has refused to tell me the cost because he doesn't want a refund. I think a proof of medical is what you need to upload. Results are sent directly to CIC.[/quote

Hope you thumb printed shaa?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 6:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
[quote author=esosa4real post=52889631][/quote

Yeah! I did
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
dupyshoo:
Yes, you can get the police certificate same day. The cost depends on your bargaining power. Ideally, it should be free as a friend told me he got his free. Once you get to Alagbon, you will see a lot of staff that will rush to help you. If you use any of them, they will probably charge you more. My friend said he just walked into the office and did it himself. He did that cos he knows his away around the offices as he had done it before.

However, if you plan to use one of those people at the gate, try to bargain between 3k and 6k. It should not be more than that.

You don't need to upload the results. You just need a sheet that shows the list of medical tests that were carried out. The results will be sent to IRCC by the panel physician.

very true...met someone that paid 3k
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by flgd: 9:16pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello,

Please how do i go about getting a reference letter. The coy does not write for current staff and your direct boss must not write such using the coy letter headed paper

Abeg help o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 9:44pm On Jan 17, 2017
flgd:
Hello,

Please how do i go about getting a reference letter. The coy does not write for current staff and your direct boss must not write such using the coy letter headed paper

Abeg help o

Your supervisor can write it on plain paper then you attach his/her complimentary card. This is acceptable.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:15pm On Jan 17, 2017
6235 is the noc code for bank marketers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 11:22pm On Jan 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

Please I need the advice of Lawyers and Legal advisers in the house.
How do I go about becoming a legal guardian for a minor? The minor is my husband's brother. He is 8 years old and we've been responsible for his upkeep for about 5 years. This is because I want to include him in my ITA application as my dependant/child, or if I can't claim him as a dependant, can my husband do that?

Will this fly with CIC? or do we have to go the adoption route? The fear we have concerning the adoption route is the time it will take to process, and we have less than 90 days now to submit our documents. Also, it seems going the family class sponsorship route means he can't be included in the info being provided about the rest of the family so he would have to wait in Nigeria pending the time the family class sponsorship is being processed, which CIC calculated as 32 months.

Please can anyone suggest an easier alternative?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 8:13am On Jan 18, 2017
Dear house. Am about to assess my credentials through IQAS. Will Iqas accept transcript sent to them by me or does the transcript have to come from my university while i send the photocopy of my degree certificate myself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:17am On Jan 18, 2017
please let the school send directly to them,while u send the certificates yourself
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by debeams: 10:09am On Jan 18, 2017
ysmd:

@debeams. Thank you. Can i send my certificate while my university sends the transcript or do i need to send both in the same envelop.

Yes you can and for IQAS you'll need more than your Degree cert- I think you'll include photocopy of your Intl passport and some generated forms sent to you by them once you've paid
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2017
Hello Peeps,
Finally got my IELTS EOR yesterday after over 12 weeks, my result was upgraded from LRWS 87.576.5 to 87.577. I updated my express entry profile, but I didn't see any improvement with my score, is this normal?
Also, are we to notarize all the scanned documents to be uploaded when submitting ITA.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 10:53am On Jan 18, 2017
lumzy1:
Hello Peeps,
Finally got my IELTS EOR yesterday after over 12 weeks, my result was upgraded from LRWS 87.576.5 to 87.577. I updated my express entry profile, but I didn't see any improvement with my score, is this normal?
Also, are we to notarize all the scanned documents to be uploaded when submitting ITA.
After 24 hours you see the change ..hope you transmitted the new information and signed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 10:58am On Jan 18, 2017
Yes. I didn't claim points for work experience for my husband but I filled his job details while creating my EE profile. Post ITA, i only filled his current occupation under work details and provided a reference for that as he is self employed and reference and biz documents were easy to come by.
I moved his previous work experience details to personal history.
Also, as long as you have indicated that you did not get an eca done for your educational qualification then you have nothing to worry about. Simple upload your qualification as well as your ielts certificate under the slot provided for education.
boldinc:
Hey guys... vcole, dupyshoo... Really wondering tho...

My wife is the principal applicant, yet they require details of my work history and then go ahead to ask for reference letter for each as well. I never thought I would be asked for such, been preparing for wifey's all this while. That's a really major task for me!

Why do they need it tho? It didn't add any score to my crs.

Also, I didn't evaluate my degrees, but they asking me to upload for Education... Do they mean just the IELTS result?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2017
Yes I did
Fusion23:

After 24 hours you see the change ..hope you transmitted the new information and signed?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ysmd: 12:54pm On Jan 18, 2017
@ Debeams. Thanks so much. You have been very helpful.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 1:48pm On Jan 18, 2017
Thank you.
Tiwalope:
6235 is the noc code for bank marketers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 1:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hi @lumzy, did you get a mail from them or you went directly to their office to check? My EOR request is just 8 weeks now, i'm wondering if it might be ready besides there is no platform for checking processed EOR on their website.

@House, is there any possibility of WES accepting a "in lieu of" document in place of certificate? Unfortunately i might not be able to get my MSc certificate from the school due to lapses on their part which will cost me a lot of points. cry

lumzy1:
Hello Peeps,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 2:30pm On Jan 18, 2017
It's advisable you have your EOR and WES ECA before you enter the EE pool.

Not sure about your question about WES...

All the best!

dammysanmi:

Hi @lumzy, did you get a mail from them or you went directly to their office to check? My EOR request is just 8 weeks now, i'm wondering if it might be ready besides there is no platform for checking processed EOR on their website.

@House, is there any possibility of WES accepting a "in lieu of" document in place of certificate? Unfortunately i might not be able to get my MSc certificate from the school due to lapses on their part which will cost me a lot of points. cry

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 3:22pm On Jan 18, 2017
socialmisfit:
Hello everyone,

Please I need the advice of Lawyers and Legal advisers in the house.
How do I go about becoming a legal guardian for a minor? The minor is my husband's brother. He is 8 years old and we've been responsible for his upkeep for about 5 years. This is because I want to include him in my ITA application as my dependant/child, or if I can't claim him as a dependant, can my husband do that?

Will this fly with CIC? or do we have to go the adoption route? The fear we have concerning the adoption route is the time it will take to process, and we have less than 90 days now to submit our documents. Also, it seems going the family class sponsorship route means he can't be included in the info being provided about the rest of the family so he would have to wait in Nigeria pending the time the family class sponsorship is being processed, which CIC calculated as 32 months.

Please can anyone suggest an easier alternative?

Thank you.

Your best bet is to start the process of adopting the child. The fact that the process may be long should not deter you from doing the right thing. Canada will not allow you move that child if he is not released to you through adoption process where you become the child's legal guardian and hold the papers to prove this. Start the process and include the adoption application papers to your application so that you pursue both PR visa and adoption at the same time. You can also fast track the adoption process as the boy is your husband's relative and this is Nigeria where the 'right incentive in the right place' will help you get it fast. Once adoption is complete, you update the Visa Office. Getting a family lawyer to aid you in the process will be a smart move, nairaland is not the best place to find advice on this sensitive issue.

Check out these links for more info on adoption process, http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/articles/adoption-laws-of-lagos-state-practice-and-procedure.html

http://www.legalnaija.com/2012/09/adoption-law-in-lagos-state.html

All the best.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 6:07pm On Jan 18, 2017
@dammysanmi, I did not get any mail, I called them to confirm if the EOR has been completed. It was after I got a confirmation that it was ready, that's when I went to their office.

dammysanmi:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lumzy1(m): 6:08pm On Jan 18, 2017
lumzy1:
Hello Peeps,
Please, can i get a clarification on notarizing documents. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:35pm On Jan 18, 2017
No you do not...

lumzy1:

Please, can i get a clarification on notarizing documents. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:02pm On Jan 18, 2017
@Beem4cupid

You may also review the link below for a senior "marketing" position

http://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=122372&CVD=122376&CPV=0122&CST=01012011&CLV=4&MLV=4

Looping: Dogice, Tiwalope
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jagadike: 8:06pm On Jan 18, 2017
Hello guys. Great job being done here.

Sent my masters degree for evaluation by IQAS on 19th dec, got a receipt confirmation on 22nd dec and today 18th jan I was sent my evaluation report as 'a 1 year graduate degree program'
Is above evaluation good to go?

Secondly, can one evaluate statement of result,If certificate isn't ready yet?

Will appreciate your feedbacks. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jagadike: 8:17pm On Jan 18, 2017

Sent my masters degree for evaluation by IQAS on 19th dec, got a receipt confirmation on 22nd dec and today 18th jan I was sent my evaluation report thus; Comparative levels of achievement in Canada: The masters degree generally compares to the completion of a masters degree with a focus in international relations and strategic studies.
Is above evaluation good to go?

Secondly, can one evaluate statement of result,If certificate isn't ready yet?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Seriah: 8:34pm On Jan 18, 2017
God bless you guys for this highly informative thread. Please I have a question concerning "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" under the level of education. Do I fall under this category with my BSc degree and Nebosh IGC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 8:42pm On Jan 18, 2017
Seriah:
God bless you guys for this highly informative thread. Please I have a question concerning "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees. One must be for a program of three or more years" under the level of education. Do I fall under this category with my BSc degree and Nebosh IGC?

Nebosh IGC is not an educational qualification but rather a professional, safety training course. It may not be evaluated as equivalent to a Canadian educational qualification for it to be considered under 2 or more certificates... However, you can send it and your Bsc for evaluation, the service will cost you the same wether you evaluate one certificate or ten. When the ECA/evaluation comes back, you will know where you fall, cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 8:46pm On Jan 18, 2017
Jagadike:

Sent my masters degree for evaluation by IQAS on 19th dec, got a receipt confirmation on 22nd dec and today 18th jan I was sent my evaluation report thus; Comparative levels of achievement in Canada: The masters degree generally compares to the completion of a masters degree with a focus in international relations and strategic studies.
Is above evaluation good to go? Yes it is

Secondly, can one evaluate statement of result,If certificate isn't ready yet? If the certificate has not been approved by the school concerned and released to you, the school will not respond on it to the evaluating agency. In other words, if the certificate has not been released by the school, it cant be evaluated. If it's that the certificate has been released but you are yet to collect yours, then you can use the statement of result

Hi, see above in red.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (237) (238) (239) (240) (241) (242) (243) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.