Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,233 members, 7,811,649 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 04:38 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (247) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2600131 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamAlexander: 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2017
The road to Canada through express entry (EE) is now somewhat difficult. Canada is beginning to tighten its immigration rules...For instance, if you don't have a FULL TIME job offer from any employer in any of the province, one's chances of entering the pool is zero unlike before. Even the provinces too have towed the same line. Probably, it might be an indication of the visa program coming to an end.

I have good credential assessment, over 7 years job experience and IELTS but no job offer resulting in the EE wizard returning my application as not suitable. From my understanding, anyone who is just getting into it should go through the province by trying to secure nomination before applying to CIC...Or is there any way out a
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:18pm On Jan 24, 2017
dupyshoo:
1. Yes
2. You can do it anywhere you want. However, please bear it in mind that it is better to do medicals close to the submission date of your application so that you will have more time to land after PPR. This is due to the fact that you have to land before your medicals expire which is usually a year from the date of the medicals
3. Yeah
4. Reference letter that contains all the required info will suffice. Any other doc such as appointment letters, payslips, ID cards etc are not necessary.

My dear..... If you know the brainstorming i have been doing ehn....hmm.....I am scared of getting things done fast and properly in Saudi. VERY DIFFICULT place....To get PCC self na war, Medicals is done in a very far place, will have to travel two days to the hospital, My POF will be complete in March....so I will likely submit latest March 30th!!

Honestly, I am considering not to go back self and just sort every here in Naija but then again I would then become jobless.....lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2017
IamAlexander:
The road to Canada through express entry (EE) is now somewhat difficult. Canada is beginning to tighten its immigration rules...For instance, if you don't have a FULL TIME job offer from any employer in any of the province, one's chances of entering the pool is zero unlike before. Even the provinces too have towed the same line. Probably, it might be an indication of the visa program coming to an end.

I have good credential assessment, over 7 years job experience and IELTS but no job offer resulting in the EE wizard returning my application as not suitable. From my understanding, anyone who is just getting into it should go through the province by trying to secure nomination before applying to CIC...Or is there any way out a
Read the page 0 of this thread. Most of your statements are wrong.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamAlexander: 6:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Read the page 0 of this thread. Most of your statements are wrong.

You said most? I only said just one which is the job offer. However, talking about reading in retrospect, that I have done and informed my post.

I won't mind someone clarifying it since we are all here to learn and assist ourselves
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 7:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
Hello houde....please do we need to get another instruction from CiC before we do medical exam test after getting ITA.
Secondly, please who know the hospital they do the medicals in ABUJA or is it only in lagos and how much was the charge.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:46pm On Jan 24, 2017
IamAlexander:

You said most? I only said just one which is the job offer. However, talking about reading in retrospect, that I have done and informed my post.

I won't mind someone clarifying it since we are all here to learn and assist ourselves
Being an oldie that has watched the canadian immigration programs go through different changes. i would say there has never been a time that it was easy...The only thing that has changed at the moment is that younger highly educated immigrants with good language skills are now being given an edge over others.
Immigration programs are dynamic. The factors could still change anytime..you just have to keep yourself updated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 8:16pm On Jan 24, 2017
specrealq:
Hello houde....please do we need to get another instruction from CiC before we do medical exam test after getting ITA.
Secondly, please who know the hospital they do the medicals in ABUJA or is it only in lagos and how much was the charge.

Thank you.

Abuja clinic and IOM
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2017
IamAlexander:

Sasks,Manitoba and Nova-scotia do not require a job offer before nomination. Same as Ontario. Most people (if not all) on this thread do not have "full time job offers" and we dey pool, or hv gotten ITA or PPR or in the process.
All u need to get into the EE pool is 67 out of d 100 point criteria.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamAlexander: 8:59pm On Jan 24, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Sasks,Manitoba and Nova-scotia do not require a job offer before nomination. Same as Ontario. Most people (if not all) on this thread do not have "full time job offers" and we dey pool, or hv gotten ITA or PPR or in the process.

Thank you for the clarification.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jan 24, 2017
specrealq:

Thank you.

You don't need any instruction. You need to upload you emedical slip before you can submit your application. Once you receive ITA, you print out the confirmation and take it to the hospital with your passport
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by raymege: 8:28am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello Peeps,
@ dupysho, @ Vcole, Blackbuddy & Other experienced Folks here; Please do I need to upload a POF document before being accepted into the EE Pool?

Is POF Documents a requirement(Compulsory) for EE Profile acceptance?

I reckon all I need to get into the EE Pool are the Following;

-ECA (If Applicable) and a Language Test Result. POF Documents, Police Clearance,Medicals etc comes post ITA , right?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by alt3r3g0: 8:50am On Jan 25, 2017
raymege:
Hello Peeps,
@ dupysho, @ Vcole, Blackbuddy & Other experienced Folks here; Please do I need to upload a POF document before being accepted into the EE Pool?

Is POF Documents a requirement(Compulsory) for EE Profile acceptance?

I reckon all I need to get into the EE Pool are the Following;

-ECA (If Applicable) and a Language Test Result. POF Documents, Police Clearance,Medicals etc comes post ITA , right?

Correct. for the pool you only need ECA and language test.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:08am On Jan 25, 2017
Hi. Well, i'm sure you've already done a bit of reading about xrays in pregnancy, if you haven't then you should so you are informed to make a decision you are comfortable with.

Generally, most diagnostic imaging tests are at a radiation dose that is deemed not harmful since the individual isn't exposed to it regularly. In pregnancy, it is advisable not to get an xray done because of the developing foetus.....

That being said, if the pregnant woman needs an xray done for diagnostic and treatment measures, she would be given a lead apron to wear during the procedure. This should further limit radiation exposure.

The choice for you to get an xray done is entirely yours in this situation....otherwise you have the option of doing everything else and then getting the xray done after you are delivered of your baby(ies). smiley

If you were to ask my personal opinion, if i were the one, i would most likely get the xray done with the apron and get the medicals outta the way.
cathymia:
Thanks @dupyshoo for the info...I saw you mentioned on someone else's post that medicals should be done as close to the eAPR submission as possible...so it's ok to submit 2-weeks to the 90 day deadline right?

Has anyone on here gotten a Police Certificate from Ghana? (as a Nigerian, non-resident of Ghana)?

@vcole can you please offer some advice on medicals/pregnancy/eAPR submission...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:11am On Jan 25, 2017
i would advise you get your medicals done here. cheaper and faster. its valid for one year.
esosa4real:

My dear..... If you know the brainstorming i have been doing ehn....hmm.....I am scared of getting things done fast and properly in Saudi. VERY DIFFICULT place....To get PCC self na war, Medicals is done in a very far place, will have to travel two days to the hospital, My POF will be complete in March....so I will likely submit latest March 30th!!

Honestly, I am considering not to go back self and just sort every here in Naija but then again I would then become jobless.....lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:25am On Jan 25, 2017
vcole:
Hi. Well, i'm sure you've already done a bit of reading about xrays in pregnancy, if you haven't then you should so you are informed to make a decision you are comfortable with.

Generally, most diagnostic imaging tests are at a radiation dose that is deemed not harmful since the individual isn't exposed to it regularly. In pregnancy, it is advisable not to get an xray done because of the developing foetus.....

That being said, if the pregnant woman needs an xray done for diagnostic and treatment measures, she would be given a lead apron to wear during the procedure. This should further limit radiation exposure.

The choice for you to get an xray done is entirely yours in this situation....otherwise you have the option of doing everything else and then getting the xray done after you are delivered of your baby(ies). smiley

If you were to ask my personal opinion, if i were the one, i would most likely get the xray done with the apron and get the medicals outta the way.

Same here.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ambidextrause: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2017
Hello guys,

Kindly confirm the current cost of WES ECA.

Saw online that it's about 233CAD now.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:33am On Jan 25, 2017
Fusion23:

wooow u are a pro.....the process is faster now with express ..i still dont believe my luck...within 2 months

and its the same Accra visa office .. i will share the full gist when the testimony is complete...on why think the i got it faster.

Its just God

Would love to know.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugo262(m): 12:14pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello guys, i must say this forum has really been helpull and educative.
I have a pressing concern and would appreciate a genuine clarification.

I signed up online for the IELTS exam slated for 11 February in PH and I'm at work (offshore) at the moment returning in 2 weeks.

For the need to make payment with bank draft, will it suffice to send someone I know in maybe Enugu or Abuja to submit the draft in either of the British Council's office on my behalf along with scanned copy of all required documents?

I'm deeply grateful for the expected response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by socialmisfit: 2:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Hello everyone,

I got a reference letter from a former employee, and while I wrote that i worked 45 hours per week for the company in my EE profile which can no longer be edited, my former employee wrote 40 hours in the reference letter given to me.

Please I hope this won't be an issue, or be classified as giving the wrong info.

Also, the job title i listed in my EE profile (finance officer) is different from what is in my reference letter (finance administrator), though the job duties and responsiblities is that of a finance officer. The reason i didn't put finance administrator in my profile is because the job title is not included in any NOC.

Please I want to know if i can change my job title to what's in my reference letter in my ITA profile, or if it doesn't matter.

Kindly assist.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2017
yes you can submit the draft in any of their office , when the person is submitting he should go with a copy of your passport, bank draft ,write your name and reference number behind it. within 24hrs it will be processed

ugo262:
Hello guys, i must say this forum has really been helpull and educative.
I have a pressing concern and would appreciate a genuine clarification.

I signed up online for the IELTS exam slated for 11 February in PH and I'm at work (offshore) at the moment returning in 2 weeks.

For the need to make payment with bank draft, will it suffice to send someone I know in maybe Enugu or Abuja to submit the draft in either of the British Council's office on my behalf along with scanned copy of all required documents?

I'm deeply grateful for the expected response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Coolcash1: 2:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
Please o house, I got this message from CIC;

Once you’ve registered with Job Bank, we will receive a notification from the Job Bank system and your Express
Entry profile will become active.

If you have a provincial or territorial nomination, please follow up with the province or territory that agreed to
nominate you, and have them confirm to us their intention to nominate you for the Provincial Nominee Program.

You must get confirmation of your nomination, register for Job Bank, or update your profile with a valid
job offer within 30 days. If you do not, your Express Entry profile will expire and you will not be
considered for permanent residence in Canada.
IMM

These are my questions;

Since i am waiting for my wife to sit for ielts so that i can boost my score, is it not better not to register with the Job bank?
Does it mean for instance, where i do not get a job or secure nomination within the specified 30 days, I can not use my ielts and credentials assessment report again for a fresh application?

Please experience members should help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by JESUnifemi4eva: 3:27pm On Jan 25, 2017
Please register for job bank within 30days....theres no need to worry; your EE profile will be valid for a year!

Coolcash1:
Please o house, I got this message from CIC;

Once you’ve registered with Job Bank, we will receive a notification from the Job Bank system and your Express
Entry profile will become active.

If you have a provincial or territorial nomination, please follow up with the province or territory that agreed to
nominate you, and have them confirm to us their intention to nominate you for the Provincial Nominee Program.

You must get confirmation of your nomination, register for Job Bank, or update your profile with a valid
job offer within 30 days. If you do not, your Express Entry profile will expire and you will not be
considered for permanent residence in Canada.
IMM

These are my questions;

Since i am waiting for my wife to sit for ielts so that i can boost my score, is it not better not to register with the Job bank?
Does it mean for instance, where i do not get a job or secure nomination within the specified 30 days, I can not use my ielts and credentials assessment report again for a fresh application?

Please experience members should help.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seedgie(m): 4:03pm On Jan 25, 2017
Adiahabasi:
hello everyone, this rating system has changed since express entry started to minimum of 450 CRS out of 1200 CRS before you can get invitation to apply.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Garykasparov: 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
Determination — number of invitations

1. (1) For the purposes of paragraph 10.2(1)(b) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, the number of invitations that may be issued during the period beginning on January 25, 2017 and ending on January 26, 2017 is 3,508.

Determination – required rank

(2) Foreign nationals who, on January 25, 2017 at 13:13:53 UTC, have been assigned a total of 453 points or more under the Comprehensive Ranking System that is set out in the Ministerial Instructions Respecting the Express Entry System, as published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, on December 1, 2014 and as amended from time to time, occupy the rank required to be invited to make an application for permanent residence.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 4:15pm On Jan 25, 2017
vcole:
i would advise you get your medicals done here. cheaper and faster. its valid for one year.

@vcole please send me the details of how to make an appointment for them medicals. I guess ur talking about Qlife.

I will go ahead and do it here since its cheap and fast. I am currently in Lagos and would be out of Naija by Feb.6th

Thanks so much for all your support
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 4:30pm On Jan 25, 2017
Congrats to all ITA recipients. Draw@453 with 3508 invites. Yippie,I will be receiving ITA. Dupyshoo,thanks for your patience with me. Thanks to all the other gurus in the house

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2017
Beem4cupid:
Congrats to all ITA recipients. Draw@453 with 3508 invites. Yippie,I will be receiving ITA. Dupyshoo,thanks for your patience with me. Thanks to all the other gurus in the house
Coming down to suit the downtrodden.

(1) (2) (3) ... (244) (245) (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.