Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,582 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2598836 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 10:55am On Jan 26, 2017
40manlappy:

Double congratulations wink cheesy

Hope you won't have to create a thread on which one to go for grin

Hahahaha... Hopefully not...thanks bro.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by AdukeStar: 10:56am On Jan 26, 2017
Thanks alot for your reply. Yes I am the principal applicant.

dupyshoo:
Who is the Principal Applicant?
If you are, then you don't need to show your husband's account at all.
POF can be progressive. There is not law that states the full amount has to be in your account for 4 months. Progressive growth is totally legit.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 11:04am On Jan 26, 2017
What do you mean by grant received? COPR? If yes, then my answer is yes, so far you are yet to land. You just need to inform IRCC that you are now married and your COPR will be retrieved. You will however have to wait for about 1-3 months for them to do eligibility and background checks on your spouse. If he passes, they will re-issue PPR for both of you.

Please note that you can't have married months ago and then decide to inform them after PPR or after COPR. It will be termed as misrepresentation. Also, you can't land after marriage without informing informing IRCC of the change in marital status. If you do that, you won't ever be able to sponsor your husband again.

You have to inform IRCC within few weeks after your marriage and add him to your application or PPR, depending on the stage you are then.
I hope my explanation is clear.

iceberg54:

You mean spouse can be added to application even after application is concluded and grant received?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 11:18am On Jan 26, 2017
ITA received ystday. Never ever thought I'll get one wit 453. Thank God. The journey begins ...

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 11:23am On Jan 26, 2017
segbas:
Hello Gurus in d house,
Someone mentioned here sometime ago about WES and OOU certificate that one dont need to send transcript to WES.

Am I correct, I want to be sure because I'm about to tell a friend.

Please resposnd.

Thank you all

Sort of. I sent my certificate and while it was war getting my transcript, my evaluation was done so I didn't send any transcript, but I had already sent my uk MSc transcript n cert. It might be why they overlooked it but it was immediately OOU confirmed my certificate that my evaluation was completed. Uk MSc had been confirmed weeks before.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:40am On Jan 26, 2017
Congrats to all who have received ITA. You would be helping others yet to receive theirs and prospective "swimming pool" entrants by sharing your timeline in detail. It is imperative that we keep the thread informative.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:43am On Jan 26, 2017
cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry waiting things oh. Lol!
boldinc:
Hello everyone and congrats to all those who just received ITA... more to come!

Sorry I have been intransit hence my silence. Still in the process of getting my eAPR filled. Medicals and POF left to upload.

All the best guys...

Vcole... dem never ask you for your passport?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by iceberg54: 12:31pm On Jan 26, 2017
Thank you very much. Now it's very clear.

God bless you.

dupyshoo:
What do you mean by grant received? COPR? If yes, then my answer is yes, so far you are yet to land. You just need to inform IRCC that you are now married and your COPR will be retrieved. You will however have to wait for about 1-3 months for them to do eligibility and background checks on your spouse. If he passes, they will re-issue PPR for both of you.

Please note that you can't have married months ago and then decide to inform them after PPR or after COPR. It will be termed as misrepresentation. Also, you can't land after marriage without informing informing IRCC of the change in marital status. If you do that, you won't ever be able to sponsor your husband again.

You have to inform IRCC within few weeks after your marriage and add him to your application or PPR, depending on the stage you are then.
I hope my explanation is clear.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:41pm On Jan 26, 2017
dupyshoo:
Awww, congrats to you, temitope 06, AdukeStar, yinyinola, iceberg54, blaizetony and all other ghost members that have received ITA grin!!!!

More good news on the way especially for those who are awaiting PPR and those who are still expecting ITA in Jesus' name. Amen

Amen to the prayers.

Lol @ "ghost members" grin

@vcole Your post is appreciated.

It is not enough to simply announce ITA. We would do each other a lot of good by sharing experiences, findings and timelines.

All of us would not have benefitted from the thread if others have not been sharing.

"Ghost members" should give back to the community wink

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 2:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
Woooooow I still cant believe it In 2 months and 8 days after acknwoldegment of receipt I got my confirmation of permanent residence and the visa....

time line AOR November 21
PPR December 29

God is good will still share the testimonies and hints free for those that got ITA..by the way this my naira land is a dummy account for express entry so reaching me via email might be slow but will definetely contribute back to the thread

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by seedgie(m): 2:40pm On Jan 26, 2017
Congratulations...........
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Sols1: 2:49pm On Jan 26, 2017
Congratulations.......
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by soadirect: 3:04pm On Jan 26, 2017
Congratulations..... I think you should further edit the visa pic you posted. Your details are still showing in the watermark

Fusion23:
Woooooow I still cant believe it In 2 months and 8 days after acknwoldegment of receipt I got my confirmation of permanent residence and the visa....

PPR December 29

God is good will still share the testimonies and hints free for those that got ITA..by the way this my naira land is a dummy account for express entry so reaching me via email might be slow but will definetely contribute back to the thread
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beem4cupid: 3:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
Congrats. We also tap into God's favour
Fusion23:

PPR December 29

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 3:14pm On Jan 26, 2017
X
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 3:18pm On Jan 26, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 3:22pm On Jan 26, 2017
Congrats Fusion23!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 00DE00: 3:34pm On Jan 26, 2017
Fusion23:

thanks bro am closing down my nairaland account now sef...

Please hold off on that. Thread needs you. You can just delete all your personal info. Moreover, this is just stage one, settlement is another ball game and you already have insights through your bro that'll be beneficial to a host of people. Your experience from here onwards is equally invaluable. Congrats and best wishes.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:45pm On Jan 26, 2017
Fusion23:

PPR December 29

Congratulations!!! Did you pay only the application fee or the application fee and right of permanent residency fee?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 3:46pm On Jan 26, 2017
Fusion23:

PPR December 29

Congrats ooo. Abeg start by telling us what you think you did that may have made it this fast.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 4:30pm On Jan 26, 2017
Me sef dey wait to hear the hint oh. fusion23 just dey use person do high jump oh.
SlowlybtSurely:

Congrats ooo. Abeg start by telling us what you think you did that may have made it this fast.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 5:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
vcole:
Me sef dey wait to hear the hint oh. fusion23 just dey use person do high jump oh.

Me dey wait for the hint before I submit ooo. Who no want get PPR 5 weeks post AOR? grin

Did you see the last email I sent to you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugoiyke79e: 5:37pm On Jan 26, 2017
hello house. BIG CONGRATS to all who got ITAs in d last 2 draws...[url][/url]
please i need so much advice.
I received an ineligible status on ma ee profile after i tried changing my ielts score.
since then its been hell trying to locate d problem and correct it but i find i cant even type on d form....
I then decided to create another profile yet i was unable to delete d first. ....cant find d withdraw profile button.
Now i went ahead and created another application which was still listed under my EE profile but then i wasnt sent a job seeker validation code to enable me create a second job bank.......
In short i am now very frustrated....
CAN SOMEONE WHO KNOWS WHAT I SHLD DO PLSSS HELP GUIDE ME
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 5:54pm On Jan 26, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Me dey wait for the hint before I submit ooo. Who no want get PPR 5 weeks post AOR? grin

No dear .. will give hints soon please bear
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 6:03pm On Jan 26, 2017
Gurus, pls how much is the application fee and rprf fees too? Pls
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 6:09pm On Jan 26, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

Ok everyone lets do this first of all am not immigration officer so i cant say except for luck..and may be everything went fast.

I contacted my work reference people and they said no verification sef.. thats the two reference i used.

SO NOW FOR THE HINTS.

1 Be favored by God ..i cant even rule that out I prayed for this.

2. Let ur documents meet specification

3. Pay all the money once the right of fee and bla bla ..its easy for me to say cos my broda in canada paid for me.

4 Use letter of explanation when not sure..i used nysc reference no pay slip ..i put a letter of explaination.

summary please please follow instructions

lets look at the instructions for proof of employment i have put the picture..now if u read and read well , then u still ask must the letter be on a letter headed paper? Well i dont know
in summary never give them one reason to doubt your application.if not na verification again..from whatg i noticed every application withing one month is on background check..or most ...and in three days medicals shud be passed already...

SO other factors have

good travel history

have a relative in canada you dont get any point for this...but it makes ur application fly

now look at the instruction for proof of employment again

then have added jara..with all the documents i sumbitted..
hope i didnt give out much perosnal info

cheers

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sonnie10: 8:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
vcole:
Hi. Well, i'm sure you've already done a bit of reading about xrays in pregnancy, if you haven't then you should so you are informed to make a decision you are comfortable with.

Generally, most diagnostic imaging tests are at a radiation dose that is deemed not harmful since the individual isn't exposed to it regularly. In pregnancy, it is advisable not to get an xray done because of the developing foetus.....

That being said, if the pregnant woman needs an xray done for diagnostic and treatment measures, she would be given a lead apron to wear during the procedure. This should further limit radiation exposure.

The choice for you to get an xray done is entirely yours in this situation....otherwise you have the option of doing everything else and then getting the xray done after you are delivered of your baby(ies). smiley

If you were to ask my personal opinion, if i were the one, i would most likely get the xray done with the apron and get the medicals outta the way.

There is no amount of radiation that is without risk. In medical xray, one must choose between risk and benefits. In fact in more technical terms, it is said that under stochastic risk, no threshold is required for damage to occur. Radiation safety in pregnancy is not certain, sometimes even with the lead apron, as they could be scatter beams which could come from secondary sources like the imaging plates and the patient.

For developing foetus, the effective biological efficiency is high and posses higher risk of DNA damage. The standard practice for imaging women of child bearing is to let them make informed decisions about the procedure.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 8:54pm On Jan 26, 2017
Thank you so much.
Gymme:
1. It is advisable to change marital status (get married) AFTER submitting your PR application then include your spouse in the application afterwards. No degree/no certificate of trade will put your scores down.

2. It is possible to bring a spouse here but the processing time is longer. The type of application is called Family Sponsorship.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 9:00pm On Jan 26, 2017
ok noted and thanks so much... were you the dependent or the PA? How can i calculate the possible score adding him as my husband? Do you think he needs to do any evaluations for the certifications he has had in the navy over the years? he will write IELTS too.
boldinc:
@Amakyzuu...

I kinda disagree with your advice. In my case, I didn't get my ECA done hence got not points for education, but wrote the ielts and got the maximum 20 points required.

I would advice he writes the ielts exams and aim for a high score.

Why not just try using the crs tool to calculate the possible score adding him as your husband.

All the best!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 9:05pm On Jan 26, 2017
thanks so much... No we are not married but we may be before the application process is concluded.

"he can just do IELTS to get back 20 points out of the 30 points allocated to him from your CRS score". please i dont understand what this means (the points)

dupyshoo:
Are you married already? If yes, then you HAVE to indicate that you are married in your application. Since he does not have a degree, he can just do IELTS to get back 20 points out of the 30 points allocated to him from your CRS score.

However, if you are not married yet, you can submit your application as single applicant. You can add him to your application from the time you submitted your application till just before landing. If you do go this route, he won't have any effect on your score but you will need to increase your POF to a family of 2. He will also need to fill an application, do PCC and Medicals.

The final scenario is if you marry him after landing in Canada, then you will have to sponsor him. The processing time for family sponsorship was just recently been reduced to 12 months.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jan 26, 2017
temitope06:
Gurus, pls how much is the application fee and rprf fees too? Pls

Application is $550 while rprf is $490. Total is $1040
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by toyinakande(f): 9:43pm On Jan 26, 2017
Hello everyone. The testimonies here are very encouraging, glory to God! We'll have many more testifiers soon in Jesus Name. I am about to start the journey and I needed to ask please, is there anyone who has applied for Express entry with marital status as common-law? If yes, how did it go?

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.