Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,341 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (257) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599913 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 7:51am On Feb 01, 2017
mrbizmart:
Oga fusion23, where did you do medicals?
childrens practice consultant something at ikoyi..heard the process has changed u can only do upfront for express entry
and u take ur ITA letter there..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 7:57am On Feb 01, 2017
I strongly recommend that she declares it and attach an LOE as you have suggested. Although I am not sure Canada does info sharing with UK (they do with US). It would result in misrepresentation and some years ban if they get to find out. This could impact her chances of getting visas to other countries.

A lot of people of people have being rejected various visas in the past and still got Canadian PR. However, if she has a ban from the UK, it might be challenging.

monique2002:
Hey guys, I
have a question. So, a friend of mine is in the express entry pool and she will likely get ITA in the next draw...Now the issue is, she was denied UK visa (her agent used 'dagbo' documents) some years back. But since then, she has travelled to other European countries and even the USA.
I told her to declare the UK visa issue and just attach an LOE.. .but u know we Nigerians with our supposed 'smartness'...people are advising her otherwise. So I said I will ask the opinion of nairalanders and others that have faced this similar issue. So...advice anyone?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinchum(m): 8:27am On Feb 01, 2017
i submitted my e APR application , only to discover that i should have entered my middle name in the column of 'given name' instead of first name only.

How do i correct this?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 8:59am On Feb 01, 2017
Fusion23:

Was at Access today fiiled the pta form and they ewere like 50 percent bla bla bla ..and its a card they give to be so just hoping ..they said few days before my departure....so travelex gives u cash abi? also how do u pay a large sum to travellex ..cash or pos ? cos savings can withdraw more than 1m a day

Yes, Access bank will give you a card which you can use when you do travel. That should be fine. Keep following up ooo. Don't relax. If you still don't hear from them the last working day before your trip, go to their head office and remind them. Note that if Access is able to give you the whole 4k, you will not be able to get more from Travelex as the maximum for PTA is 4k.

As for Travelex, i paid them cash. I withdrew 500k over the counter the previous day, then went with all my ATM cards to the airport on the day of my trip and withdrew the remaining cash there. That way, i didn't exceed the daily limit for each card. I also made sure they were willing to sell to me before going to withdraw at the ATM upstairs.

Their POS wasn't working that day. Actually, it doesn't work most days. So one is left with the option of either paying cash or doing an instant bank transfer. The problem with the transfer option is that the money must hit their account before you get approval for the USD. This can be faster if you use same bank as them as intra bank transfers are always quicker. If i'm not mistaken, i think they use Access bank.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:07am On Feb 01, 2017
tunai:
Please can you spell out the processes and requirements for getting PTA from Travelex at the Lagos airport.
Thanks

Go early on the day of your trip and join the queue. Better if someone accompanies you so they can stay in your place while you go to check in when your counter opens. I've listed the documents you will need to submit in a previous post. You will get your money at the boarding gate just before you board your flight.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:09am On Feb 01, 2017
chinchum:
i submitted my e APR application , only to discover that i should have entered my middle name in the column of 'given name' instead of first name only.

How do i correct this?

I think you can rectify this by sending a CSE (case specific inquiry). Google to see how that works.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 9:15am On Feb 01, 2017
Price list and requirement for medicals at Qlife Family Clinic, Lagos.

Just thought to share.

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by winter(f): 9:59am On Feb 01, 2017
Hello all,

Please I don't know why my EE profile keeps stating "update not submitted" after I made changes to my profile.
Normally, it updates after 24 hours and I also get an e-mail notification to that effect.

The last change I made was last week Friday and I still have that message. Can someone please assist or explain what the problem might be?
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jalzy29: 11:13am On Feb 01, 2017
hallly:
Not submitting the police clearance will not be a cause for misrepresentation as long as he declares his period of stay in India. However, it can lead to the application bring rejected because it could be termed an incomplete application.

Hubby too had the same issue, the India consulate in Lagos insisted they did not issue PCC to non Indians. However, he traveled to abuja and got it from there. Although the officers at the gate insisted they did not issue such, he tipped them and they allowed him in. The PCC wasn't issued the same day though.

If you still can't get it, you could try attaching a LOE about your efforts to get it, but you will need documented proofs.

All the best, hope this helps

Dear Hally, thank you for your response, however which year did you your husband get his police clearance from the India Embassy in Abuja, also does he have any contact of someone there, that we can call and maybe assist.
2. May i know the documents he travelled with that they requested for which facilitated the Police clearance.

Please anyone that has experienced this hurdle of Indian Police clearance should please state how they scaled through will be standing by for suggestions.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by hallly: 12:21pm On Feb 01, 2017
He got it sometime last year.
No , he doesn't have any contact.

He went with all certificates issued to him while in India, his current international passport and the old one which had the India visa. He was also asked for his Indian address during his stay.

Jalzy29:
Dear Hally, thank you for your response, however which year did you your husband get his police clearance from the India Embassy in Abuja, also does he have any contact of someone there, that we can call and maybe assist.
2. May i know the documents he travelled with that they requested for which facilitated the Police clearance.

Please anyone that has experienced this hurdle of Indian Police clearance should please state how they scaled through will be standing by for suggestions.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 12:39pm On Feb 01, 2017
winter:
Hello all,

Please I don't know why my EE profile keeps stating "update not submitted" after I made changes to my profile.
Normally, it updates after 24 hours and I also get an e-mail notification to that effect.

The last change I made was last week Friday and I still have that message. Can someone please assist or explain what the problem might be?
Thanks.

Did you sign after the changes you made, when you input the changes click on continue instead of save and exit, it will give you where to input your name (declaration) which is the signature.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jalzy29: 12:40pm On Feb 01, 2017
hallly:
He got it sometime last year.
No , he doesn't have any contact.

He went with all certificates issued to him while in India, his current international passport and the old one which had the India visa. He was also asked for his Indian address during his stay.

Dear Hally, thank you for your advice and contribution, very much appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by monique2002(f): 12:43pm On Feb 01, 2017
hallly:
I strongly recommend that she declares it and attach an LOE as you have suggested. Although I am not sure Canada does info sharing with UK (they do with US). It would result in misrepresentation and some years ban if they get to find out. This could impact her chances of getting visas to other countries.

A lot of people of people have being rejected various visas in the past and still got Canadian PR. However, if she has a ban from the UK, it might be challenging.

Hmmm...thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by tunai(m): 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2017
Thanks, but do I submit photocopy of my docs or the original.

SlowlybtSurely:

Go early on the day of your trip and join the queue. Better if someone accompanies you so they can stay in your place while you go to check in when your counter opens. I've listed the documents you will need to submit in a previous post. You will get your money at the boarding gate just before you board your flight.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MJBA: 1:16pm On Feb 01, 2017
@dupsyshoo pls iv got sm pressing stuffs to ask from you privately, help drop ur mail or any oda way to contact you. URGENT PLSSSSSSSSSSS, MUCH APPRECIATION
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 1:19pm On Feb 01, 2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2017-01-31.asp

Just incase you know someone affected by the U.S Exec order. Canada welcomes ALL.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 1:25pm On Feb 01, 2017
tunai:
Thanks, but do I submit photocopy of my docs or the original.

They will sight the originals, then you submit the photocopies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 1:32pm On Feb 01, 2017
You are funny!! Do you have money for me? Please sow into my life o.

On a more serious note. I always reprimand those that drop their email and phone no on Nairaland. Will I now do the same? Why can't you contact me via PM?

MJBA:
@dupsyshoo pls iv got sm pressing stuffs to ask from you privately, help drop ur mail or any oda way to contact you. URGENT PLSSSSSSSSSSS, MUCH APPRECIATION
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by specrealq: 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2017
Please this 550 dollars for processing fee is it canadian dollars or US dollars.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 2:17pm On Feb 01, 2017
specrealq:
Please this 550 dollars for processing fee is it canadian dollars or US dollars.

All fees for Canadian immigration issues are quoted in Canadian dollars.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by teeoba: 8:54pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hello All,
stumbled onto this page and it has been extremely helpful. I have just gotten ITA and i had a few clarifications which I hope the house can help with:

1. For the work reference
- is it okay if it is HR department that provides the reference letter and signs it?
- or can I get one from HR plus a letter from my supervisor . The issue is that the supervisor does not have emolument details and can not use company letter-head paper.

2. For Proof of funds
- do i have to liquidate my mutual fund investment and put it in my account or can the mutual fund company write a letter for me?
- Has anyone done this with stanbic assest management and what was the process?
- Has anyone been able to get a letter from First Bank fitting CIC's requirements, and if so what was the process?

Thank you and God bless you all for the great work on this thread.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 11:06pm On Feb 01, 2017
Hello my people!

I am new on this thread. I silently read the first set of pages on this thread before my application for EE. This was when I was preparing to write my IELTS exam.

Well, the good news is that I passed, applied and have been invited in the last draw. My score was 454! Yippeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My husband was going to be the principal applicant but I got more points because I am younger.

I am still completing the questionnaire section of the application and I have loads of questions! Where do I start?

I have started reading up from behind (currently on page 203) and I have seen people talk about "application account". I don't have one. So that brings me to my first question, can I use my husband's account? Will it be accepted? If not, that means he would have to move money into mine. Is it acceptable? Or is it too late to open a joint account?

Please, I need all the guidance I can get. I don't want to be rejected...thanks!

Update:
Question 2. I have an MSc and evaluated only that using WES. Do I have to send my BSc for evaluation as well? Or just state that only the MSC was evaluated. We all know that WES takes forever (2months)!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 12:53am On Feb 02, 2017
For the benefit of others who may come to ask the same questions I did. I found the answer to my first question about proof of funds. My husband would have to transfer the lump sum at once to my account as a gift of deed, and he will have to write a letter of explanation (LOE).

What I do not know is if LOE is the same thing as a gift of deed? Gurus please clarify if the letter will state that the money is a gift deed to support the family and etc and is that all?

See this link and post from dupyshoo, it explains it well: https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/192#49796398
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:12am On Feb 02, 2017
@oohunt

Congratulations on your ITA.

Since the person involved is your spouse, I don't think you need a gift deed. LOE should suffice.

Also, as far as we know, only your highest qualification needs to be evaluated. So you don't need to bother yourself with evaluating BSc again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 7:25am On Feb 02, 2017
Hello everyone, my mum started application for Permanent Resisdence for me and my brother since 2015. Last year around August we were called for DNA test and since then we've not heard anything from them what could be wrong? Isn't it taking too long. Is there a mail or an address one could call To know what is going on.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:37am On Feb 02, 2017
Hi... Congrats on your ITA.

1. If you can get your Supervisor to write the letter on your behalf, that would be great. All you have to do, like my wife did, is to write the letter yourself, print it out on the letter headed paper and have him sign it. If that's too much of a problem or you don't have access to letter headed papers, have your HR dept write the letter and leave a space for your supervisor to sign. I have a sample I found online... could share with the house if necessary.

2. The mutual funds company can write a letter for you... That should suffice. Let them also explain the money can be liquidated at anytime of your choice. Dunno much about FirstBank, but your bank statement should be fine in addition to the mutual funds letter. If you can get them to also write the letter, you can add it.

Hope this helps... All the best!

teeoba:
Hello All,
stumbled onto this page and it has been extremely helpful. I have just gotten ITA and i had a few clarifications which I hope the house can help with:

1. For the work reference
- is it okay if it is HR department that provides the reference letter and signs it?
- or can I get one from HR plus a letter from my supervisor . The issue is that the supervisor does not have emolument details and can not use company letter-head paper.

2. For Proof of funds
- do i have to liquidate my mutual fund investment and put it in my account or can the mutual fund company write a letter for me?
- Has anyone done this with stanbic assest management and what was the process?
- Has anyone been able to get a letter from First Bank fitting CIC's requirements, and if so what was the process?

Thank you and God bless you all for the great work on this thread.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:42am On Feb 02, 2017
Congrats on your ITA and well done for reading up info and answering your own questions!

Like 40manlappy said, the LOE would suffice. All your husband needs to do is send the money to your account and you write an LOE.

All the best!

oohunt:
For the benefit of others who may come to ask the same questions I did. I found the answer to my first question about proof of funds. My husband would have to transfer the lump sum at once to my account as a gift of deed, and he will have to write a letter of explanation (LOE).

What I do not know is if LOE is the same thing as a gift of deed? Gurus please clarify if the letter will state that the money is a gift deed to support the family and etc and is that all?

See this link and post from dupyshoo, it explains it well: https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/192#49796398

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by winter(f): 8:13am On Feb 02, 2017
Thanks for your response.
I did that already and did same again yesterday.
Now waiting 24 hours to see if the status changes.
Thanks again.

Pinkygrace:

Did you sign after the changes you made, when you input the changes click on continue instead of save and exit, it will give you where to input your name (declaration) which is the signature.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 9:47am On Feb 02, 2017
Hello people! Congratulations to all those who received an ITA last week. God will perfect it all in Jesus name.
Please I’d appreciate if I can get answers to the following questions:
1. How do I go about getting a gift deed in Lagos?
2. Which medical centre is best to use for the medical exam?
3. If my court wedding is shortly after I’ve submitted my application online, at what point do you think I can add my spouse to my application and how do I go about it?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 11:10am On Feb 02, 2017
Congrats on your ITA. Could you share your time line? Your NOC, ielts scores/no of attempts, qualification/eca process...hurdles et al if any, pool entry, etc etc
I was gonna comment on your earlier post but then saw that you already found the answer. I could hug you right now. As much as you can, try to read up posts on this thread, it has loads of info.
As 40manlappy said, a LOE would suffice from your spouse.
oohunt:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (254) (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.