Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,989 members, 7,810,756 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:43 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599442 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by chinwe11: 6:29am On Feb 03, 2017
Please I currently do not live in naija. I saw the post on how to get police report from naija. They advised to post it to police office. I am worried that if I just post it nothing will happen as per naija. Any idea how I can get this report? I am heavily pregnant so going to naija now isn't an option. Also how long is the police certificate valid for? And can i send someone to help me? Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:01am On Feb 03, 2017
You will need your husband to send the required funds into your personal account and then explain the reason for the lump sum with an LOE.

yinyinola:
Hello boldinc, oohunt, vcole, dupsyshoo.

It seems I am inthe same position as oohunt. Just to clarify, will I need to submit my husband's account statement with the LOE? Just to show his source of funds and to avoid any doubts as to how the funds got to his account? Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:29am On Feb 03, 2017
oohunt:

Thank you vcole. You have been so helpful. I was going to follow all your comments but, sometimes it did not make sense so I had to read the conversations.
The NOC code I use is 2171- Information systems analysts and consultants, I studied computer Science and my MSc is also in the IT field. 2171 matched all the work experience I have. As I understand they must all be in the same NOC right? Just that I have worked for several companies over the years. This implies that I will be requiring reference letters from about 4 employers. I just hope it wont be a problem in the application.

So from what I have read here, I should remove my other qualifications from the Education section and place them in the personal history section since they were not evaluated? And that my husband should do the same for his work history if I am not prepared to upload a reference letter from his company?
I used 3 different reference letters from 3 companies for my work experience seeing as I had worked in 3 different organizations thus far, So this shouldn't be a problem.
There are 2 options for this non-ECA qualifications. Some people removed the qualifications that they do not have an ECA for entirely from the education section and then mentioned it under that part of the form that literally tells you to tell them your whole life without leaving gaps cheesy cheesy cheesy
For me, I listed the degrees under the education section as well. For each qualification you list, it asks if you have an ECA for it. I indicated that I had an ECA for the one which I evaluated and then indicated that I did not have an ECA for the ones which were not evaluated.....I use degrees here to refer to both mine and my spouse's.
Whatever work experience you do not wanna provide a reference for, both for yourself (as long as it doesn't reduce your points) and your spouse, do not fill under the work experience section but fill the details under personal history.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 9:32am On Feb 03, 2017
Yes you can send someone. Send them a copy of your passport biodata page, 2 recent passport photographs and your finger prints collected at the nearest police office to you.
chinwe11:
Please I currently do not live in naija. I saw the post on how to get police report from naija. They advised to post it to police office. I am worried that if I just post it nothing will happen as per naija. Any idea how I can get this report? I am heavily pregnant so going to naija now isn't an option. Also how long is the police certificate valid for? And can i send someone to help me? Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 11:39am On Feb 03, 2017
dannio:

l have received my ECA from IQAS Thank God but l am fuming because l will have to write IELTS again the one l wrote on 19 th November LRSW-7,7,7.5,7.5 overall CLB 7.5.l did not know EOR on listening is possible l am not at advantage with the age factor. l dey vex seriously

How long did your IQAS take?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 12:12pm On Feb 03, 2017
Greetings my people, I am waiting for ITA @ 469 oh and currently gathering my documents before I travel back to my Base (KSA) on sunday!

1. I did my police report yesterday, am we to scan the certificate and thumbprint form pages? Or just the certificate?

2. As regards letter of ref for my nysc ppa. It was in an healthcenter in osun state, can I submit just that letter without payslips? (because e nor dey)

3. My ielts TRF number didn't follow the usual pattern as earlier predicted. It started with 16NG and not 17NG (just thought I inform dupsyshoo).
Now in the ee profile it ask what date did u get your result? Should I write the date written on my TRF? I ask because I saw the result online on 20th Jan but my TRF carries 19th (abeg wch1 I go write).

4. I am still weighing the option of doing medicals here, is it possible to walkin to Qlife and do the tests without an appointment? Wil ITA be required first?

God bless you all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:28pm On Feb 03, 2017
esosa4real:

How long did your IQAS take?

lt takes 10 business working days but factor in that their volume of work has increase significantly for me over 10 days.

The key thing is let your school send the transcript to IQAS promptly and let IQAS receive it then sit back and watch IQAS work their magic

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by winter(f): 12:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hmmm... still not submitted after 24 hours.
But my updated details have been transmitted.

Don't know why its still not submitting the update? sad sad
Please advice house...

Pinkygrace:

Did you sign after the changes you made, when you input the changes click on continue instead of save and exit, it will give you where to input your name (declaration) which is the signature.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by oohunt: 2:05pm On Feb 03, 2017
vcole:

I used 3 different reference letters from 3 companies for my work experience seeing as I had worked in 3 different organizations thus far, So this shouldn't be a problem.
There are 2 options for this non-ECA qualifications. Some people removed the qualifications that they do not have an ECA for entirely from the education section and then mentioned it under that part of the form that literally tells you to tell them your whole life without leaving gaps cheesy cheesy cheesy
For me, I listed the degrees under the education section as well. For each qualification you list, it asks if you have an ECA for it. I indicated that I had an ECA for the one which I evaluated and then indicated that I did not have an ECA for the ones which were not evaluated.....I use degrees here to refer to both mine and my spouse's.
Whatever work experience you do not wanna provide a reference for, both for yourself (as long as it doesn't reduce your points) and your spouse, do not fill under the work experience section but fill the details under personal history.

Okay. Thanks a lot!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by juspepe: 2:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
I am about to get on this gravy train too but Canada is freezing cold, mehn!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Blackbuddy: 3:44pm On Feb 03, 2017
juspepe:

We're surviving it here, it's only for a season smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
juspepe:
If I can survive Calgary/Alberta weather, anybody can survive joor.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Be on the look out for Nova Scotia PNP as well. Hopefully, they'll start accepting applications before the middle of the year. They've got Physiotherapy & OT on their current list.
Congrats on your ITA dear colleague, I am in Lagos presently, I lost your contact details somehow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 4:49pm On Feb 03, 2017
dupyshoo:
You can enter both EE pool and MPNP pool. Do you have close family member in Manitoba?

As Blackbuddy suggested, enter the pool and wait for Ontario to start issuing PT again. You might also try Quebec PNP, when it opens.

Thanks ma'am. We have a family friend in Manitoba. They are willing to help out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 4:53pm On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=debbiejosh post=53386477]
Congrats on your ITA dear colleague, I am in Lagos presently, I lost your contact details somehow.[/
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by sammyacbxyz: 5:56pm On Feb 03, 2017
WES evaluates ACCA as a bachelor's degree. so ur wife may qualify for 2 certificates/degrees or more
I dnt know about ICAN

pressplay411:
good morning all. I was referred here to learn about the permanent residency and I'm impressed at the level of information.

while I'm reading through from begining, I'll like to ask a question

I'm a degree holder with ICAN and CISA while my fiancee has ACCA and Oracle certified, I'd like to know if any of these qualify us to tick masters/professional certifacation

please advise
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 6:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
How much did the evaluation cost?
dannio:

lt takes 10 business working days but factor in that their volume of work has increase significantly for me over 10 days.

The key thing is let your school send the transcript to IQAS promptly and let IQAS receive it then sit back and watch IQAS work their magic
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 6:50pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hello thetherapist, I've actually submitted my MPNP ITA since September 2016 and my supporter was contacted in October 2016. However, I still await their nomination as my profile has been showing received status since then. We hope that the nomination will come before 31st March 2017 as they already promised that all backlogs will be completed that date.
Thetherapist:

Thanks ma'am. We have a family friend in Manitoba. They are willing to help out
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 6:58pm On Feb 03, 2017
juspepe:

That cold dey fear me man. Coldest I ever experienced in uk was -5, my friend in Canada told me 'twas -16 ystday. That no be joke at all. Na to dey gulp Remy like water and get one sure human heater.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2017
Lol...afi human heater naa!

temitope06:

That cold dey fear me man. Coldest I ever experienced in uk was -5, my friend in Canada told me 'twas -16 ystday. That no be joke at all. Na to dey gulp Remy like water and get one sure human heater.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Adiahabasi: 7:14pm On Feb 03, 2017
debbiejosh:

Congrats on your ITA dear colleague, I am in Lagos presently, I lost your contact details somehow.
wow! Welcome home babes! Hope our Naija sun no too hammer you.

Would inbox you now.
A thousand and one questions await you lol.

Welcome home dearie.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by maxxy: 7:39pm On Feb 03, 2017
Great job guys!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by amdman: 7:42pm On Feb 03, 2017
Appreciate all the helpful answers here. Please assist with these:

1. Does IQAS evaluate OND and HND as 2 or more certificates (as WES does)?

2. Will WES or IQAS evaluate OND alone as an acceptable degree?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:32pm On Feb 03, 2017
Congrats to the latest recipients of ITA. Gradually, the "ghost members" (courtesy dupyshoo) are gradually showing up wink

To borrow an expression, "when ITAs are ready, the ghost members will appear" cheesy

On a serious note, let me get this off my chest: our Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program application was not successful! embarassed

It depressed me for a few days. It also made me regret not attending the New Brunswick Information Session in Dubai to which we were invited last year.

Judging from the feedback on this thread, some of the attendees got ITA through that means. I had depended on the Manitoba PNP so much that I was not looking at other possibilities. For my mind, we were saving money for POF sad

Maybe we would have gotten New Brunswick's nomination now or even an ITA angry

Even when the Quebec application showed up last year, I didn't pursue it with much energy allowing our inability to speak French to be an excuse.

Lesson learnt: Going forward, I shall take advantage of all genuine opportunities that come our way...Atlantic Immigration Pilot, Quebec, etc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
Sorry to hear about your MPNP. What really happened? What are your other options.

40manlappy:

Let me get this off my chest: our Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program application was not successful! embarassed

It depressed me for a few days. It also made me regret not attending the New Brunswick Information Session in Dubai to which we were invited

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gymme(m): 10:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Beautiful British Columbia just released its first PNP ITA for 2017. For those that might be interested, it probably favors inland applicants more. Outland applicants can give it a try so as to see if you would meet the cut off point for any of the categories.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/B-C-Provincial-Nominee-Program/Invitations-to-Apply
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:20pm On Feb 03, 2017
@dupyshoo: Thanks for your concern, we are waiting for the Atlantic Immigration and other PNP programs. I have put Manitoba in my past.

@Gymme: Thanks for the information, God bless your kind heart.

I noticed the following question on their FAQ page.

I don’t have a job offer from a B.C. employer. Can I still apply to the BC PNP?
-You can only apply to the BC PNP without a job offer if you are applying as an international student with a master’s or doctoral degree from a B.C. university in the natural, applied or health sciences under the Express Entry BC or Skills Immigration stream.
-All other categories of BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC require you to have a job offer.
-If you are applying in these categories, you must have accepted a full-time and indeterminate (at least an average of 30 hours a week, year-round) job offer in a high demand occupation.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration/Skills-Immigration-Frequently-Asked-Questions#anchor1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 1:05am On Feb 04, 2017
1) i asked here and someone advised to scan all pages including the finger print and passport photo attached side
2) I think i answered this earlier, reference letter written in ircc format would suffice, anything else such as payslips or ppa letter are supporting and not mandatory. as fusion23 advised, do not submit your discharge certificate.
3) Weird, seeing as you wrote your exam in 2017. Write the date on your trf.
4) Get your medicals done here, its cheaper....I think dupyshoo answered all of these medicals questions earlier and boldinc put up a post of qlife's price list and contact details, you can call them for further questions
esosa4real:

Greetings my people, I am waiting for ITA @ 469 oh and currently gathering my documents before I travel back to my Base (KSA) on sunday!

1. I did my police report yesterday, am we to scan the certificate and thumbprint form pages? Or just the certificate?

2. As regards letter of ref for my nysc ppa. It was in an healthcenter in osun state, can I submit just that letter without payslips? (because e nor dey)

3. My ielts TRF number didn't follow the usual pattern as earlier predicted. It started with 16NG and not 17NG (just thought I inform dupsyshoo).
Now in the ee profile it ask what date did u get your result? Should I write the date written on my TRF? I ask because I saw the result online on 20th Jan but my TRF carries 19th (abeg wch1 I go write).

4. I am still weighing the option of doing medicals here, is it possible to walkin to Qlife and do the tests without an appointment? Wil ITA be required first?

God bless you all!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:46am On Feb 04, 2017
debbiejosh:

If I can survive Calgary/Alberta weather, anybody can survive joor.
Calgary is actually warm for a prairie region. lol. If Africans can survive in Sask and Manitoba, then anyone can survive anywhere in Canada.
Maybe not anywhere sha...
Approx. 89% of Canada is not habitable, because the climate is too extreme; hence, 90% of Canadians live within 160-200km of the United States border since the weather is better and it is closer to the its largest trading partner.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 6:17am On Feb 04, 2017
Sorry about this, hopefully other opportunities will be favourable. Please I will like you to share with me the reasons for declining the provincial nomination as I'm in the same shoe and I've been on the same status for over four months. Also share with me timeline for the application. I will appreciate if you can inbox me. Thanks.
40manlappy:
Congrats to the latest recipients of ITA. Gradually, the "ghost members" (courtesy dupyshoo) are gradually showing up wink

To borrow an expression, "when ITAs are ready, the ghost members will appear" cheesy

On a serious note, let me get this off my chest: our Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program application was not successful! embarassed

It depressed me for a few days. It also made me regret not attending the New Brunswick Information Session in Dubai to which we were invited last year.

Judging from the feedback on this thread, some of the attendees got ITA through that means. I had depended on the Manitoba PNP so much that I was not looking at other possibilities. For my mind, we were saving money for POF sad

Maybe we would have gotten New Brunswick's nomination now or even an ITA angry

Even when the Quebec application showed up last year, I didn't pursue it with much energy allowing our inability to speak French to be an excuse.

Lesson learnt: Going forward, I shall take advantage of all genuine opportunities that come our way...Atlantic Immigration Pilot, Quebec, etc

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abbyode(m): 7:45am On Feb 04, 2017
This is for all the gurus in this house.

I have been a silent reader of this thread since last year and I have been following all the conversation. However, I have some few questions.
I have an MEng, MBA, PGD & HND (Elect & Elect) all evaluated by WES. My IELTS results came out yesterday in which myself and my wife performed poorly though. We both scored 6.5 and 6 average (We dint really prepare for it). I am the PA and my wife ECA is not yet ready.

Be that as it may, I still entered the pool and got a CRS score of 325 which is surprisingly low. Now the questions...

1. Could this be as a result of the poor IELTS result?
2. Could this be age related as I am 40 and wifey is 39?
3. Why is this score so low?
4. What other options can we pursue?

I have entered the Job Bank and discovered I could apply for couple of jobs there.
We are planning to write IELTS again but I'm just wondering if that alone will fetch enough marks to get an ITA.

Your advice is needed please.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 8:02am On Feb 04, 2017
Hello house... I hail!!!
I need clarification on somethings.
1. My interest to move to CA was born from trying to gain admission in UoM which I'm still on. My uncle suggested I try the Manitoba Immigration opportunity also.
2. When I went online I saw MPNP... I have studied the whole thing and planning to apply soon.
3. I have also gone through the EE FSWP. I'm interested in that too.
4. Are they the same (EE FSWP and MPNP)?
5. If they are not which am I supposed to apply to first. Does one depend on the other?
6. I need someone to guide me on the MPNP application (I don't mind calling to ask questions for clarity).

Thank u as u help

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.