Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,015 members, 7,810,809 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (260) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599464 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:08am On Feb 04, 2017
abbyode:
This is for all the gurus in this house.

I have been a silent reader of this thread since last year and I have been following all the conversation. However, I have some few questions.
I have an MEng, MBA, PGD & HND (Elect & Elect) all evaluated by WES. My IELTS results came out yesterday in which myself and my wife performed poorly though. We both scored 6.5 and 6 average (We dint really prepare for it). I am the PA and my wife ECA is not yet ready.

Be that as it may, I still entered the pool and got a CRS score of 325 which is surprisingly low. Now the questions...

1. Could this be as a result of the poor IELTS result?
2. Could this be age related as I am 40 and wifey is 39?
3. Why is this score so low?
4. What other options can we pursue?

I have entered the Job Bank and discovered I could apply for couple of jobs there.
We are planning to write IELTS again but I'm just wondering if that alone will fetch enough marks to get an ITA.

Your advice is needed please.

Thank you!

1-You have a low IELTS result
2-Also you are not at advantage with age
3-The above is the reason for the low score
4-The option is rewrite IELTS this time prepare well aim for at least 8,7,7,7 in LWRS

Abeg house chip in

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 8:12am On Feb 04, 2017
Amakyzuu:
How much did the evaluation cost?

It cost $275
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abbyode(m): 8:37am On Feb 04, 2017
dannio:

1-You have a low IELTS result
2-Also you are not at advantage with age
3-The above is the reason for the low score
4-The option is rewrite IELTS this time prepare well aim for at least 8,7,7,7 in LWRS

Abeg house chip in
Thank you for your advice. However, would option 4 alone be sufficient to push this score? Would I ever be able to get up to 450?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 9:08am On Feb 04, 2017
abbyode:

I have been a silent reader of this thread since last year and I have been following all the conversation. However, I have some few questions.
I have an MEng, MBA, PGD & HND (Elect & Elect) all evaluated by WES. My IELTS results came out yesterday in which myself and my wife performed poorly though. We both scored 6.5 and 6 average (We dint really prepare for it). I am the PA and my wife ECA is not yet ready.

Be that as it may, I still entered the pool and got a CRS score of 325 which is surprisingly low. Now the questions...

I have entered the Job Bank and discovered I could apply for couple of jobs there.
We are planning to write IELTS again but I'm just wondering if that alone will fetch enough marks to get an ITA.

Thank you!
Go through PNP, prepare for Nova Scotia it might open next month...for more information visit their website
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:51am On Feb 04, 2017
Arcayo:

Go through PNP, prepare for Nova Scotia it might open next month...for more information visit their website

Thanks for the info. Since they require a job offer, any idea of the occupations that are in demand in that province?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Cecegal: 11:49am On Feb 04, 2017
Hi,
So sorry about Manitoba i totally understand your regrets about NB as everyone i told who attended finally got ITA.

Anyways i am glad you are not deterred by present circumstance and are pushing on,It will end well.
Please which one is Atlantic Immigration again?Help a sister i must leave Naija this year oo

40manlappy:
@dupyshoo: Thanks for your concern, we are waiting for the Atlantic Immigration and other PNP programs. I have put Manitoba in my past.

@Gymme: Thanks for the information, God bless your kind heart.

I noticed the following question on their FAQ page.

I don’t have a job offer from a B.C. employer. Can I still apply to the BC PNP?
-You can only apply to the BC PNP without a job offer if you are applying as an international student with a master’s or doctoral degree from a B.C. university in the natural, applied or health sciences under the Express Entry BC or Skills Immigration stream.
-All other categories of BC PNP Skills Immigration and Express Entry BC require you to have a job offer.
-If you are applying in these categories, you must have accepted a full-time and indeterminate (at least an average of 30 hours a week, year-round) job offer in a high demand occupation.

https://www.welcomebc.ca/Immigrate-to-B-C/BC-PNP-Skills-Immigration/Skills-Immigration-Frequently-Asked-Questions#anchor1
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:25pm On Feb 04, 2017
Cecegal:

Hi,
So sorry about Manitoba i totally understand your regrets about NB as everyone i told who attended finally got ITA.

Anyways i am glad you are not deterred by present circumstance and are pushing on,It will end well.
Please which one is Atlantic Immigration again?Help a sister i must leave Naija this year oo

Thanks for your concern. Check this page

https://www.nairaland.com/2624318/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/252#53227568
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by espaciousay08: 12:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
Good morning house,

I have been a silent reader and want to start my FSWP application but I have some information :

1) Can I send my WES canada report to a US University am applying to?

2) if I intend to use WES US can I update it to wes canada.

Please gurus in the house.. Epp me
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blueblood1(m): 12:37pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hello Fam,

I need advice. I want to migrate to canada with my family but dont know if i stand a good chance. Below are my credentials

*I have an accounting degree, but worked as a banker for 10 years {thus, no accounting experience}
*I am 38
* my ielts scores for general are L8. 5, R7. 5, W7. 5, S7. 5
* I am married with 2 kids
*I have a bsc in Accounting, but worked as a banker for 10 years
* i have done my WES evaluation.

Would really appreciate your kind assistance.

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 12:57pm On Feb 04, 2017
Oh wow! I assumed you were the pool awaiting ITA soon... Sorry to hear that.

40manlappy:
Congrats to the latest recipients of ITA. Gradually, the "ghost members" (courtesy dupyshoo) are gradually showing up wink

To borrow an expression, "when ITAs are ready, the ghost members will appear" cheesy

On a serious note, let me get this off my chest: our Manitoba Provincial Nominee Program application was not successful! embarassed

It depressed me for a few days. It also made me regret not attending the New Brunswick Information Session in Dubai to which we were invited last year.

Judging from the feedback on this thread, some of the attendees got ITA through that means. I had depended on the Manitoba PNP so much that I was not looking at other possibilities. For my mind, we were saving money for POF sad

Maybe we would have gotten New Brunswick's nomination now or even an ITA angry

Even when the Quebec application showed up last year, I didn't pursue it with much energy allowing our inability to speak French to be an excuse.

Lesson learnt: Going forward, I shall take advantage of all genuine opportunities that come our way...Atlantic Immigration Pilot, Quebec, etc

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 1:13pm On Feb 04, 2017
@boldinc

Thanks. We are still in the pool but not enough points yet. Hoping for the best.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 2:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
Hello all. Trust you're having a good weekend.

Please how do I go about getting a gift deed? Can I see a sample if anybody has one?

Also can the gurus in the house please suggest when would be the best time to add my spouse to my application and how to go about it because my court wedding is after I've submitted my application.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by espaciousay08: 2:40pm On Feb 04, 2017
I think the Gurus are on Saturday break, I am also patiently waiting too.

IamIye:
Hello all. Trust you're having a good weekend.

Please how do I go about getting a gift deed? Can I see a sample if anybody has one?

Also can the gurus in the house please suggest when would be the best time to add my spouse to my application and how to go about it because my court wedding is after I've submitted my application.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nozzle(m): 3:19pm On Feb 04, 2017
espaciousay08:
Good morning house,

I have been a silent reader and want to start my FSWP application but I have some information :

1) Can I send my WES canada report to a US University am applying to?

2) if I intend to use WES US can I update it to wes canada.

Please gurus in the house.. Epp me

I am not a guru so i may be wrong but this is my opinion.
WES canada are for Canadian schools and canadian immigration, WES US are for US schools. Even though education in both countries are similar the way they interpret the qualification of foreign student differ i.e. standards differ. I had a distinction in mechanical, engineering HND. Wes canada interpreted as a 3 year ordinary diploma and one year post graduate diploma. Wes US interpreted as a first class BSc Hons. 4 year degree equivalent. So if i want to go for my graduate degree, it will be wise to go to the US cos I might even get a scholarship with that qualification and it will obviously get me a direct MSc admission. So I doubt if a US university will take a Wes canada evaluation. In my opinion, you should do a WES US. You just mIght be fortunate to have a your final CGPA upgraded and who knows it might qualify you for a scholarship or some form of grant,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Amakyzuu: 3:24pm On Feb 04, 2017
WES canada has an option for immigration... its not the same as one used for academics... i dont think one can use WES US evaluation for canada o... gurus come on here...
Nozzle:

I am not a guru so i may be wrong but this is my opinion.
WES canada are for Canadian schools and canadian immigration, WES US are for US schools. Even though education in both countries are similar the way they interpret the qualification of foreign student differ i.e. standards differ. I had a distinction in mechanical, engineering HND. Wes canada interpreted as a 3 year ordinary diploma and one year post graduate diploma. Wes US interpreted as a first class BSc Hons. 4 year degree equivalent. So if i want to go for my graduate degree, it will be wise to go to the US cos I might even get a scholarship with that qualification and it will obviously get me a direct MSc admission. So I doubt if a US university will take a Wes canada evaluation. In my opinion, you should do a WES US. You just mIght be fortunate to have a your final CGPA upgraded and who knows it might qualify you for a scholarship or some form of grant,
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nozzle(m): 3:31pm On Feb 04, 2017
abbyode:

Thank you for your advice. However, would option 4 alone be sufficient to push this score? Would I ever be able to get up to 450?
No you can't get a 450, best you can get is a 429 even with a perfect ielts score . If your wife is a principle applicant and she has a MSc, she can sour it up to 435 - 440 with an 8 or 8.5 in ielts.
You can use the crs tool and plug in ur details to knw your point.
The main factor is ur age and that is not a variable like your ielts score.
So best bet will be PNP. Get a better ielts score and wait for a PNP, you are well qualified sir.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nozzle(m): 3:33pm On Feb 04, 2017
Amakyzuu:
WES canada has an option for immigration... its not the same as one used for academics... i dont think one can use WES US evaluation for canada o... gurus come on here...
I can bet with my life you didn't understand what you jst read. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by blueblood1(m): 3:36pm On Feb 04, 2017
blueblood1:
Hello Fam,

I need advice. I want to migrate to canada with my family but dont know if i stand a good chance. Below are my credentials

*I have an accounting degree, but worked as a banker for 10 years {thus, no accounting experience}
*I am 38

Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ugo262(m): 3:53pm On Feb 04, 2017
optionese:
yes you can submit the draft in any of their office , when the person is submitting he should go with a copy of your passport, bank draft ,write your name and reference number behind it. within 24hrs it will be processed

thank you for this info, deeply appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 3:54pm On Feb 04, 2017
Goodday house, please i want to take digital photographs for PR application, because heard it's needed as part of post ITA documents. Please what are the specifications for the photo?

Also @vcole, dupyshoo As regards my experience letter for nysc ppa, do I need a supporting proof of payment? As we did not get payslips. Would attaching bankstatement of service year support? Or cos CONFUSION?

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by A14: 6:15pm On Feb 04, 2017
blueblood1:
Hello Fam,

*I am 38

Cheers

I don't know much about banking, use this link to search for your NOC by matching your job responsibilities. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/noc.asp

To qualify as a skilled worker your NOC must be 0, A or B.

Your ielts is pretty good but your age and no MSc would reduce your points. Use this link to evaluate your CRS score http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Use this to check out the draws in the past

http://moving2canada.com/immigration-to-canada/express-entry-draw/

You may also consider the PNP route.

Hope this helps a little.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by yfeey: 6:46pm On Feb 04, 2017
abbyode:

Thank you!

Please is it Jan 21st test you wrote? How did u check the result
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 8:14pm On Feb 04, 2017
esosa4real:
Goodday house, please i want to take digital photographs for PR application, because heard it's needed as part of post ITA documents. Please what are the specifications for the photo?

Also @vcole, dupyshoo As regards my experience letter for nysc ppa, do I need a supporting proof of payment? As we did not get payslips. Would attaching bankstatement of service year support? Or cos CONFUSION?

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 8:44pm On Feb 04, 2017
40manlappy:

Thanks for the info. Since they require a job offer, any idea of the occupations that are in demand in that province?
they have different program, they have international experience PNP......i applied 2015 i had to withdraw it cos i have gotten nomination from SINP b4 they sent me AOR.
try and get facts from source check province website to know their program
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 8:48pm On Feb 04, 2017
vcole:
1) i asked here and someone advised to scan all pages including the finger print and passport photo attached side
2) I think i answered this earlier, reference letter written in ircc format would suffice, anything else such as payslips or ppa letter are supporting and not mandatory. as fusion23 advised, do not submit your discharge certificate.
3) Weird, seeing as you wrote your exam in 2017. Write the date on your trf.
4) Get your medicals done here, its cheaper....I think dupyshoo answered all of these medicals questions earlier and boldinc put up a post of qlife's price list and contact details, you can call them for further questions

I think pay stubs help , I wrote a letter of explaination for this and i believed it helped.
See the instruction they put

15 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 9:11pm On Feb 04, 2017
Arcayo:

hello, i am interested in the Nova Scotia pop. Checked their site and didn't see any news saying when they will be open this year. Is there a link I am not checking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by princessayinke: 9:18pm On Feb 04, 2017
Adiahabasi:
Be on the look out for Nova Scotia PNP as well. Hopefully, they'll start accepting applications before the middle of the year. They've got Physiotherapy & OT on their current list.
really. Please what is the link, I am a PT and I have been waiting for Nova Scotia to start receiving applications.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Arcayo: 9:30pm On Feb 04, 2017
princessayinke:
hello, i am interested in the Nova Scotia pop. Checked their site and didn't see any news saying when they will be open this year. Is there a link I am not checking
that was why i wrote might, just keep checking and get your documents ready they are still working on applications received in November 2015, pls scan all documents cos they are going online this time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abbyode(m): 10:09pm On Feb 04, 2017
Amakyzuu:
Thanks a lot, Much appreciated! I will write another IELTS next month.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by abbyode(m): 10:10pm On Feb 04, 2017
yfeey:

Please is it Jan 21st test you wrote? How did u check the result
Yes, result is available here: https://ielts.britishcouncil.org/CheckResults.aspx
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by gentleluv: 12:39am On Feb 05, 2017
Hello house please am preparing myself for express entry fswp. I a payee like I make online payment and basically for passport at immigration for the past 4 years. Please good people which NOC do I fall
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 1:03am On Feb 05, 2017
My response said pay slips and ppa letter are supporting and not mandatory. That means if he has them, he can use them to support his app. Otherwise, in lieu of any evidence of payment, a reference letter for that job in ircc format is the mandatory document to show proof of work experience.
I used my nysc experience and submitted a reference letter, ppa posting letter n bank statement covering that period.
Fusion23:

I think pay stubs help , I wrote a letter of explaination for this and i believed it helped.
See the instruction they put

(1) (2) (3) ... (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.