Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:09 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (280) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599617 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:56am On Feb 14, 2017
chuglothen:
Pleasr house, i have a question. I have my Bsc and Msc in Zoology. But i have 4 years working experience in the banking industry. Under which section should i apply for the skilled work visa.
Am confused. Please helo

In which unit did you work was it marketing or operations
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dupyshoo: 10:07am On Feb 14, 2017
1. I sincerely don't believe the person can be eligible without ECA except if the person chose that he/she studied in Canada.

2. It is easy to get one. Just send you finger prints and copy of passports to a family to help get the PCC.

3. Average balance is on IRCC's website and it is still required. If you can't provide the info, you will need to show your 6 months bank statements. Check POF section on this link for more details. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/perm/express/intake-complete.asp

4. I am not a lawyer, so I can't answer the question.

olori0ko:
Great thread here, very enlightening ...

I have a few questions:

1. If one gets an ITA without doing a credential evaluation, is it still necessary to do one? In other words, in completing your profile, you had noted that the credential evaluation has not been done yet but you still received a good score and got an ITA, do you still have to do the credential evaluation? What impact does the credential evaluation have on CIC's decision and are there any examples of people who have successfully applied without doing the evaluation.

2. What are the chances of getting a police clearance certificate without being physically present in Nigeria?

3. With respect to proof of FOP, reading through this thread I see people talking about average balance being what is required. Is average balance still what is required today or this has changed? I ask this because of this additional information I found on the CIC page.

If you are applying for permanent residence in Canada, you must provide an official letter
issued by your financial institution indicating your financial profile. This must:
• list of all your bank (chequing and savings) and investment accounts, the account
numbers, dates each account was opened and the balance of each account over
the past six months
• list all outstanding debts, such as credit cards and loans,
• be printed on the letterhead of the financial institution, and include your name and
the contact information of the financial institution (address, telephone number and
email
address).

The portion in bold does not state average balance so can any one advice?

4. Is there any lawyer qualified in Nigeria here who has successfully gotten PR through EE? If yes, in what NOC category did you apply?

I am grateful for insightful answers to the above. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by simplysu: 10:37am On Feb 14, 2017
[quote author=jelmusboy post=53580083]Can someone help me with this please?

if you choose to evaluate your LAUTECH transcript you can apply for it here- http://transcript.lautech.edu.ng/.
transcripts are been sent out despite the strike.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 10:40am On Feb 14, 2017
2. It is easy to get one. Just send you finger prints and copy of passports to a family to help get the PCC.

[/quote]

Do you mean finger prints on a plan paper or on the PCC form itself?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigheadday: 11:31am On Feb 14, 2017
boldinc:
Use this link to calculate your score: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

In some cases, your score might be high a enough for an ITA without you spouse's ECA nor IELTS. The best way to find out is to use the link to calculate your score either way and then share your scores here and we can advise. The most recent cut off is 447 and could most likely reduce further.

With regards to ECA, it's advisable to start right now, as it may take while to get sorted. You don't lose anything by starting right now.

@Boldinc... Please I will like to have a phone conversation with you if you won't mind. Or better still a chat on Whatsapp. Please! Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by richieadeolu: 12:19pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello 40manlappy,

I got the mail from the email add you quoted and the content is what I uploaded earlier. It is just to inform us that the POF requirement has increased.

a[quote author=40manlappy post=53687645]@richieadeolu

Did you get the "donotreply@cic.gc.ca" email?

I have gotten two emails from CIC between yesterday and today but I haven't been able to log on.[/quote
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
@richieadeolu

Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Pinkygrace(f): 3:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
Please can someone or any nurse help with this question, it's for a friend. She has BSC nursing and MPH, working as a public health nurse, what should she evaluate both . And will NOC 3012 be ok for a nurse from Nigeria.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by adewa1980: 3:47pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello House,I recently opened a new bank account which I intend to use as evidence for my proof of funds. My question is, does it matter when my bank account was opened..?
Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 4:16pm On Feb 14, 2017
adewa1980:
Hello House,I recently opened a new bank account which I intend to use as evidence for my proof of funds. My question is, does it matter when my bank account was opened..?
Many thanks.

Yes it does. It has to be at least 6 months old.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 4:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
Pinkygrace:
Please can someone or any nurse help with this question, it's for a friend. She has BSC nursing and MPH, working as a public health nurse, what should she evaluate both . And will NOC 3012 be ok for a nurse from Nigeria.

She should evaluate MPH as that will give her higher points than BSC.

I've no idea as regards your second question.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Jalzy29: 4:32pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello Everyone:
May i ask if anybody has linked an application before on CIC portal.

As am faced with linking to my old application which i used in getting ITA, because David Cohen law firm was handling my application up till receiving ITA.

But because i want to submit my applications and not use them as representative, they suggest i create another account and link to the old application which has been quite difficult to accomplish.

if anyone here has linked to a previous application before kindly put me through on what to do.
OR: Used a lawyer/ agent and choose not to continue with them after ITA, Pls ur contribution will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 4:35pm On Feb 14, 2017
SlowelybtSurely... How far with POF waka? Abi you don submit?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by GboyegaD(m): 4:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
SlowlybtSurely:

CIC has changed it to 6 months cumulative.

What about if you have your PCC and then visited the country for a week after it was issued, do you need to get another one?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 5:06pm On Feb 14, 2017
i havent done this , but i have a suggestion, why dont you create another account and enter the pool. i believe you can have more than one account . the points seem to be dropping so you might be lucky twice

Jalzy29:
Hello Everyone:
May i ask if anybody has linked an application before on CIC portal.

As am faced with linking to my old application which i used in getting ITA, because David Cohen law firm was handling my application up till receiving ITA.

But because i want to submit my applications and not use them as representative, they suggest i create another account and link to the old application which has been quite difficult to accomplish.

if anyone here has linked to a previous application before kindly put me through on what to do.
OR: Used a lawyer/ agent and choose not to continue with them after ITA, Pls ur contribution will be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ambidextrause: 7:50pm On Feb 14, 2017
I guess from your explanation below, one must have gotten a feedback from WES on one's ECA before starting an application in the first place.

bigheadday:

@Boldinc... Please I will like to have a phone conversation with you if you won't mind. Or better still a chat on Whatsapp. Please! Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 8:01pm On Feb 14, 2017
@vcole @40manlappy @dupsyshoo @fusion23

i have a question regarding my Post ITA form. I have been taking time to fill it but as explanatory as it is, i don't get some aspects especially the sections that require 10years history...na wa

1. In Address History (under Contact details): it asks the following:

Provide all of the addresses where Esosa XXXX has lived in the past ten years or since esosa's 18th birthday, whichever is most recent. Do not leave any gaps..

So am i to fill all addresses i have lived in including exact addresses i stayed temporarily in other countries during vacation. I am just seeing conflicting reports on different forums. Some say only give address of where you stayed >6months, some say even if less than months, some even suggest us to include hotel address details (really?)

Please yall, share your ideas on how you did yours and clues to handle this sections including personal and travel hx.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by ziccomoore: 9:35pm On Feb 14, 2017

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 10:30pm On Feb 14, 2017
esosa4real:

i have a question regarding my Post ITA form. I have been taking time to fill it but as explanatory as it is, i don't get some aspects especially the sections that require 10years history...na wa

Provide all of the addresses where Esosa XXXX has lived in the past ten years or since esosa's 18th birthday, whichever is most recent. Do not leave any gaps..

So am i to fill all addresses i have lived in including exact addresses i stayed temporarily in other countries during vacation. I am just seeing conflicting reports on different forums. Some say only give address of where you stayed >6months, some say even if less than months, some even suggest us to include hotel address details (really?)

Please yall, share your ideas on how you did yours and clues to handle this sections including personal and travel hx.
Thanks

I am not yet competent to answer your question sir wink

Looping: SlowlybtSurely, boldinc
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by bigfido: 11:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
saskatchewan express entry is open
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Flets: 11:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
Canada has taken our best brains. Shame on Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skylar2020(f): 11:42pm On Feb 14, 2017
boldinc:
Use this link to calculate your score: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

In some cases, your score might be high a enough for an ITA without you spouse's ECA nor IELTS. The best way to find out is to use the link to calculate your score either way and then share your scores here and we can advise. The most recent cut off is 447 and could most likely reduce further.

With regards to ECA, it's advisable to start right now, as it may take while to get sorted. You don't lose anything by starting right now.

pls can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by skylar2020(f): 11:53pm On Feb 14, 2017
bigfido:
saskatchewan express entry is open
can I only apply when I have my language test scores ready can I apply then ielts sends my score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:05am On Feb 15, 2017
Thanks @ziccomoore & bigfido

Any idea if it closes quickly like the SINP-OID (Occupation-in-Demand)?

Looping: Saturi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by IamIye: 12:08am On Feb 15, 2017
Hello all,

1. Please is this the correct address for all letters of explanation?

Citizenship and Immigration Canada,
Case Processing Centre-Ottawa,
219 Laurier Avenue West, 7th Floor, Section B,
Ottawa Ontario K1A 1L1,
CANADA.

2. Can a gift deed be drafted by anybody or does it have to be done in court or by a lawyer?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:12am On Feb 15, 2017
dupyshoo:
SINP EE
- requires you to be qualified for Express Entry and to be in the pool already
- if you are nominated, extra 600 points will be added to your CRS score. You will then apply for PR online
- Your occupation has to be among the occupation in demand

OID
- Being in the EE pool is not required
- if you are nominated, you will have to submit your apoplication to IRCC using paper form.
- Paper application takes longer time that application through EE
- Your application has to be among the occupation in demand

With your occupation, you don't qualify for any of the two.
Allow me to quote you Ma'am cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ekpekus(m): 2:30am On Feb 15, 2017
esosa4real:

Thanks
What this simply means is that all the places you have stayed for the past 10 years or since you were 18years whichever one comes earlier should be filled and not vacation address.
Example:
You stayed in Lagos from June 2007 -2012.. Full in that address
Then you relocated to say Makurdi between 2012 April till 2015 June. Fill this address also.
Then your last address till the day you are filling the form should also be filled.

N.B
Ensure it is just for the last 10years and the months should correspond in other words"No gap should be seen in the months and year between addresses.
I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:13am On Feb 15, 2017
You need fill the addresses of everywhere you have ever lived. Hotel addresses are not necessary as they are not residential. While on holiday in a hotel or for whatever reason, you still have your residence.

Whichever comes first - 10 years ago or from our 18th birthday... They need to know the addresses of where you have lived. If it's your father's house till you moved abroad, that's fine.

Hope this helps...

esosa4real:

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:13am On Feb 15, 2017
Sure...

skylar2020:

pls can I pm you?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 7:21am On Feb 15, 2017
Pls send me a private message...

bigheadday:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by wunmimi: 8:34am On Feb 15, 2017
You can only apply for SINP EE if you are already in the pool.
skylar2020:

can I only apply when I have my language test scores ready
can I apply then ielts sends my score?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Afamdi12: 8:35am On Feb 15, 2017
Hello house, nice thread. Please I need clarifications. I am in the pool atm with three different work experiences that are in the NOC. I worked for each of the company about 1year. I hope thats not a problem as far as the total years worked is over three years? Someone please talk to me. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (277) (278) (279) (280) (281) (282) (283) ... (821)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.