Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,095 members, 7,811,069 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (315) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2599666 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by studyexec: 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hello everyone. Please I need a clarification on this remark from British Council, with regards to payment for IELTS.

''The test fee is NGN68, 000. Payment can be made offline via:
1. Bank transfer from First Bank, Guaranty Trust Bank, Zenith Bank or Standard Chartered Bank using the appropriate under-listed account numbers, plus the code for month of exams (table below) and last two digits of your international passport.''

Can I make the Bank Transfer via Internet Banking, or does it have to be in-Bank.
I am not referring to the Bank Draft option.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 7:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
Thank you very much Erhnie and Britiko. I will do just that.
britiko:

Exactly my thoughts.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by britiko: 7:31pm On Mar 04, 2017
peppers:
Thank you very much Erhnie and Britiko. I will do just that.
You can also follow this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here
U might get more info and study pack

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
Chinnie4Jesus:
i had to deactivate the registration. Activated it it again then it prompted me to change my password and it worked.

Thanks for your response. Hours earlier, we deactivated the profile and later reactivated it via change of password as prompted by the website.

However, the Job Bank Registration status on Express Entry is still showing"Pending".
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ty2017: 7:49pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hello everyone, I just came across this forum while I was searching online but am yet to get any valid answer and I wanted to ask here...Please i have two English results but my first result was way better than the second. Which one can I use? The one with the better result or the most recent result.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 7:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
Ty2017:
Hello everyone, I just came across this forum while I was searching online but am yet to get any valid answer and I wanted to ask here...Please i have two English results but my first result was way better than the second. Which one can I use? The one with the better result or the most recent result.

You can use the better result if it has not expired. Remember that IELTS has 2 years validity.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:51pm On Mar 04, 2017
Have you resolved the job bank problem?

40manlappy:

How did you resolve the above issue?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:52pm On Mar 04, 2017
The best advice i think it to study extremely well and re-write IELTS... It would really help. Ditch your agent f possible... You do not need one.

peppers:
Hello House, I must commend everyone on this forum. good job so far. congrats to everyone that has received ITA. So I need your advice, I already paid an agent prior to finding this forum and I am so pained... so I have written IELTS twice, the first was L-6.5 W-7 S-7 R-6.5 and gave me a CRS score of 362 and the second was L-8 S-7.5 W-6.5 R-6 which gave me 373. I was really upset because I prepared unlike the first one that i didnt. I thought of asking for a remark for the writing but then again, the reading is absolute and wont get me to 400. please what do you advise I do house? Also, my agent told me to apply for jobs that asides provinces, that's the only option we have except i re-write ielts and I do not have that extra cash. he said no province is opened at the moment. I am 27, single, with 5 years work experience, my NOC is in HR and Banking but I am using the 6235 to apply. Please does anyone know anybody that got this PR from getting a job whilst in Nigeria because all the ones I have seen, the caveat is to be in Canada already. Also, my POF is not complete yet, but would be by march. All advise is welcome. Thank you in advance and sorry for the long read.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
The required documents are on their website... So are all other info you might need.

Bimpsy99:
Please what documents does one need to submit the Ontario application? Are they exactly the same documents for CIC?
Also, I can see conflicting views on 45 and 14 days timeline for application.

Just curious grin while we await ECA

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:53pm On Mar 04, 2017
Letter alone would suffice, but if you can get payslips with ease, you can add them. Not compulsory tho...

cookies:

Please house, am I supposed to show just a letter from my previous employer or does include payslip? I'm not currently employed but have previous experience.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
I mean after you receive ITA...

Moatte:

When you say post ITA....do you mean after submitting my application?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 8:54pm On Mar 04, 2017
Your pounds card will work just fine as long as it is funded...

Afamdi12:
Please help! For NOI 1500cad application payment the instruction says CREDIT card visa/mastercard does it mean we can't pay with our debit visa/mastercards as I intend to pay with my pounds account and its a debit card. This is confusing,I wont want to try and my money enters voicemail. Someone please Help!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 8:58pm On Mar 04, 2017
Thank you very much, I am following them now.
britiko:

You can also follow this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/2426588/preparing-ielts-get-here
U might get more info and study pack
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by peppers: 8:59pm On Mar 04, 2017
I already paid you know. Super painful, wish I found Thisbe thread earlier but God knows best. I will attempt a refund if I do not get desired service. Thank you
boldinc:
The best advice i think it to study extremely well and re-write IELTS... It would really help. Ditch your agent f possible... You do not need one.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Biobobs: 9:13pm On Mar 04, 2017
5Kay:

Best advice is for you to submit your electronic application, then get married afterwards. by doing this, your spouse will only need to do medicals and police report. You will have to report your marriage to CIC immediately with your marriage certificate. You both will get your PRs. The only major thing that must change is that your POF must be updated to the CAD rate for family of two and updated bank statements must be sent to CIC.

Thanks much for d reply,it's really appreciated!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 9:46pm On Mar 04, 2017
boldinc:
Have you resolved the job bank problem?

I don't even know. Status on EE still shows "Pending" even though the Job Bank profile has been reactivated.

Will check again tomorrow.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ty2017: 9:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
40manlappy:

You can use the better result if it has not expired. Remember that IELTS has 2 years validity.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 10:19pm On Mar 04, 2017
[quote author=studyexec post=54272288]

Please follow their instructions, BANK DRAFT NOT TRANSFER.... Unless of course you want to do "sara" cheesy

On a serious note, draft is safer, maybe coz I haven't heard any other SUCCESSFUL method.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lastimmigrant: 10:32pm On Mar 04, 2017
Hi. There has been a lot of useful tips on this forum. Thanks for offering your sincere and informative feedback. I do have a few questions, I'm not sure how whacky they are but thanks, everyone in advance for contributing.

1. I will like to use only my savings account for my POF. This is not my salary account as my salary account is almost empty but I have made some savings over a period in this account and have also gotten a gift deed for a lump sum that was transferred to my account.
a.)Is it possible to use only my savings account? I also have some accounts that have zero in them and the banks still send me annoying emails.
b.) Do I need to notarize the gift deed form already signed by donor and donee?

2. I do not get payslips from my work, what alternative is there...considering that I'm not using my almost dead salary account that has been spent on unnecessary things now that I think of it. Will the reference letter alone fulfill CIC expectations?

3. I have been in training a few times in the US and UK and was paid during these periods. Will my reference letter need to mention this or do I need to state this in my LOE or since it was a job duty I don't have to?

4. I have applied for my Identity History Summary Checks — FBI PCC a week after my ITA. I'm aware of their delayed process.
a.) Is there anyone here who has submitted their eAPR without the PCC, if yes, what did you submit while waiting for the PCC to arrive?
b.) And did you get any response from CIC regarding submitting the FBI PCC within a time period using the CSE platform?

5. Quite confusing this one. If your company sends you on a job assignment overseas to a country you have already gotten a PCC for, after your eAPR has been submitted...do you need to get another PCC for that same country?

6. What determines what a lump sum is if say your salary is 400k monthly? I would also be grateful if anyone has the format for an LOE for POF to explain lump sum? If i had a few lump sums in the past just on the verge of 6 months, do I need to get LOE for each or one comprehensive LOE should be good enough?

I'm honestly appreciative and anticipate your replies.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 10:34pm On Mar 04, 2017
I am preparing a gift deed to submit with my application.I have some questions on this though:-
1).Do i have to notorise the gift deed?
2).Do i also have to address the gift deed.ie To:-CIC
3) I did not intend to use a gift deed prior now,but after printing my statement, i noticed that majority of the inflows were transferred via my sister's acc.(this is the ac i use to save my funds because i have access to it).The funds have been in my ac for 6months and were transferred in various tranches from my sister's ac.Pls clarify, do u tink i should still include the gift deed?Pls assist me with a response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Fusion23: 10:47pm On Mar 04, 2017
Morbolar:

Why is my question not being noticed nah. Pls help peeps

I used the soft copy and got my copr , just attach it to the education section.

regards.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 10:58pm On Mar 04, 2017
[quote author=peppers post=54269500]

Prepare and Persevere, in this canny journey you must have those two things... If you don't .... You will never reach your destination.

If you think all the landed immigrants here got it on a plater of gold,think twice. They all had a plan and when the plans failed or didn't go as it should, they persevere and make a quick decision and plan again.

You have age on your side, many people don't.... IELTS is a determining factor in this race. If you know your level of English is not very good and you can afford it find a tutor or a mentor. ... It's very achievable to have 9,9,8,8 and ..if you hit the right score, you may add about 50points your score.

Give yourself 10 weeks to practice and have a study plan... It's not how far but how well. Point out your weaknesses in each section and work on it... Measure your progress and then aim higher.... the thing is IELTS becomes a culture as you practice making you more confident.

I noticed your writing and speaking giving you problems but you should exploit it coz its subjective. For everyone out there struggling with IELTS, choose a mentor who has done excellently well. Go through this thread and the IELTS thread on NL.. Ask for tips and tricks and be willing to learn.

I was also in your shoes once but I made it, it's all in your mind... Finally I'll leave you with this quote that launched me into writing again then.

"Wanting something is not enough. You must hunger for it. Your motivation must be absolutely compelling in order to overcome the obstacles that will invariably come your way."

Les Brown.

If you want send a pm, I'll send you a write up on tips and tricks.... Sorry, I can't post it here.. It's quite long and personal.

Cheers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 11:09pm On Mar 04, 2017
Beckyhopeful:
I am preparing a gift deed to submit with my application.I have some questions on this though:-
3) I did not intend to use a gift deed prior now,but after printing my statement, i noticed that majority of the inflows were transferred via my sister's acc.(this is the ac i use to save my funds because i have access to it).The funds have been in my ac for 6months and were transferred in various tranches from my sister's ac.Pls clarify, do u tink i should still include the gift deed?Pls assist me with a response.

1.You should notarize it.

2.you don't need to address it to CIC... Go online and see many sample of monetary gift deed and modify to suit you... I've made a sample if you want. It's just plug in..

3.its safer to make a gift deed or you could write a LOE, stating that you saved using her account. But I hope you can also explain how you got the money you saved.
If you use a gift deed.... You will still have to state how your sister got the money and how she's capable of granting you such money print her statement and add.. And lastly fix the money and get the FD certificate and scan as part of your POF.

Cheers.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by greetings(f): 11:48pm On Mar 04, 2017
lastimmigrant:

1a. Use your savings account.. It's fine as long as it wasn't opened recently.
b. It's advised to notorize your gift deed.

2.since you don't have pay stubs, you MAY wish to print statement of your salary account just to show proof that you get paid for work done. It doesn't matter if it's zero balance, as long as there's cash inflow from your employer.

3. I don't get why you would want to include this but if for PCC purpose and you have spent an ACCUMULATED time of six months in both or one of them.. Get the PCC from the country.

4.i don't know much about this but.... If at the time of submitting your application it doesn't get in... Write a LOE as to why you're submitting without It and also show proof that you have indeed applied but haven't been issued one.... Maybe people who are familiar with this can help.

5. No need...

6 no one can really give you a LOE format.... It's more of a statement or explanation.... Just writing a small note to explain your situation. You can write one LOE and outline what you want to explain... A lump sum. If your inflow is good... You may not have much problem until you have a lump sum that doesn't tally with your regular inflows... Those can raise suspicions.... Do well to write a good LOE on how you got whatever you feel is a lump sum and attach any supporting evidence ....

Pseeeww!! Note that I'm not a guru in POF matters, this is from my personal experiences and opinions.

Goodluck.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by lastimmigrant: 12:28am On Mar 05, 2017
Greetings, Greetings.

Thanks for your prompt response. I will get the essential document(s) legalized by a notary and provide a detailed letter of explanation where necessary.

Thanks again.

greetings:

1a. Use your savings account.. It's fine as long as it wasn't opened recently.
b. It's advised to notorize your gift deed.

2.since you don't have pay stubs, you MAY wish to print statement of your salary account just to show proof that you get paid for work done. It doesn't matter if it's zero balance, as long as there's cash inflow from your employer.

3. I don't get why you would want to include this but if for PCC purpose and you have spent an ACCUMULATED time of six months in both or one of them.. Get the PCC from the country.

4.i don't know much about this but.... If at the time of submitting your application it doesn't get in... Write a LOE as to why you're submitting without It and also show proof that you have indeed applied but haven't been issued one.... Maybe people who are familiar with this can help.

5. No need...

6 no one can really give you a LOE format.... It's more of a statement or explanation.... Just writing a small note to explain your situation. You can write one LOE and outline what you want to explain... A lump sum. If your inflow is good... You may not have much problem until you have a lump sum that doesn't tally with your regular inflows... Those can raise suspicions.... Do well to write a good LOE on how you got whatever you feel is a lump sum and attach any supporting evidence ....

Pseeeww!! Note that I'm not a guru in POF matters, this is from my personal experiences and opinions.

Goodluck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by drwrites: 12:31am On Mar 05, 2017
Numerouuuno:

1. I expect someone trying to apply for express entry based on NOC2221 to have a science degree, think about it, the only reason people nominating NOC3112 must be certified doctors is the same logic that applies here. Ofcourse, you should have a degree that authorizes you to work in specific positions, especially medical fields which i have stated earlier.

2. When nominating NOC, your degree doesn't matter, only your work experience do. That's the reason you must submit a Letter from your Boss stating you did all the jobs listed in the NOC job experience requirements.

Please are you now saying for someone who is a Vet Doc by training/degree but has been working in the banking industry for more than five years for instance can apply for EE under NOC 0601 inspite of the employment requirements specifically stated as a university degree or college diploma in business or in a related field with a specialization in sales?

I just need clarification on this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 2:49am On Mar 05, 2017
Meanwhile, the CIC page shows the usual notice of system maintenance scheduled for Tuesday. And I noticed this is the usual pattern before the ITA draws the following day which is Wednesday. This means there might be a draw on Wednesday March 8th.

What I am trying to decode is that there is a possibility of another draw this coming Wednesday.....This will mean three draws this month bearing in mind that there was one just on March 1st, next going to be March 8 or 15th and another possibly march 22nd

And if the draw scores follow the usual pattern of minus 7, means next draw will be 427 and 420 respectively!!

Although this is just my speculation, but truth is that the scores will keep coming down for the next few weeks atleast and there is hope for many now, so be proactive and seize the opportunity while it lasts.

Goodluck yall!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Beckyhopeful: 5:01am On Mar 05, 2017
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 5:36am On Mar 05, 2017
shinarambo1:

You can switch to LPN. No worries, even Canadians change careers alot of time. You can't become a registered nurse with a 2year diploma. The 2 year diploma is for LPN. You can return to a uni for 4years BSN or go for the 2 years LPN and transfer for the last 2years of BSN at some Uni. You can also check out the after degree nursing programs. You might need some prerequisite to qualify for the after degree programs.

BTW, Someone was advising my fiancé for a 19months nursing program in Ontario. I was wondering the kind of crash course it could be that will enable her to earning immediately upon completion. Do you know anything about that or similar diplomas in other provinces. She is a Medlab tech in Nigeria and is ready to switch to nursing.

Is the LPN the same as it is in the states?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Thetherapist: 6:30am On Mar 05, 2017
Good day. Please I need clarifications on this from the CRS tool. What is one expected to pick for a 5 year bachelors degree programme and a one year post graduate diploma programme?
Does that translate to two or more certificates.?
I saw the attached note on the tool saying diploma of two years. Anybody used such? What did you get for ECA?
Thanks as you shed more light.
Still expecting a response

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 6:47am On Mar 05, 2017
Hi house, if an invitation is declined and another invite is gotten in the very next draw, the Medicals, police report, Wes etc all done for the prior invite can still be used for the new invite? Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (312) (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.