Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,001 members, 7,817,964 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:13 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2605804 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gquest: 6:23am On Apr 03, 2017
1. Am not sure but I think you should avoid NOC mismatch as much as possible. If your experience letter can back 2171 then you should be fine.

2. Your ECA should be sufficient.

Other members can share their experience.

chi17:

Please help:

1.while creating my profile under the SINP, the available NOC codes dont tally with my NOC 2283. The closest in the SINP is NOC 2171. Should i choose the NOC 2171 ?

2. Do i still require my transcript and certificate to apply for any province nomination even after getting ECA from WES?

thank you in anticipation of timely response.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Gquest: 6:31am On Apr 03, 2017
Congratulations Bimpsy99

For ACCA I selected part-time because I did it concurrently with my Bsc. so the period was overlapping.

Am not sure but I think CIC defined full time as being in class for 15hours a week or so.

Oya enter pool and collect your own ITA grin

Bimpsy99:
initiated the WES process Jan 13, they got all the documents March 6 (verification inclusive), ECA issued March 30. It was just God plus constant following up on twitter cos they are generally unresponsive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 8:20am On Apr 03, 2017
Thanks bro. I appreciate, chose part time. Patiently waiting for my ITA cool

Gquest:
Congratulations Bimpsy99

For ACCA I selected part-time because I did it concurrently with my Bsc. so the period was overlapping.

Am not sure but I think CIC defined full time as being in class for 15hours a week or so.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 8:42am On Apr 03, 2017
MrsBee:
Hello house, as regards proof of funds, can the money be in fixed deposit/treasury bills/mutual funds or must it be in the bank for the six months period? Thanks
It can be in fixed deposit. some say treasury bills is ok too. cant confirm that
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Topmag: 9:37am On Apr 03, 2017
deeore:

Thanks beems4cupid, really appreciate. Just for confirmation the bank certificate entails what, addressed to who and how many months statement. can I submit more than one statement.I know this issue has been treated but I don't know how to use the search engine here, it brings up a lot of stories.

Deeore pls sent a PM, expecting your reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 10:32am On Apr 03, 2017
Hi,

Is it a problem if too much time has elapsed from when u get a document to when u eventually submit it as per ITA request. So for example, I have two bank accounts - one in Nigeria and the other in the UK. Now, if I get the bank letter for the Nigerian one today and say the bank letter for the UK account eventually gets to me in Nigeria one month later, would that be a problem?

I am worried some documents will take longer than others to get and I don't know if the fact that too much time elapses between getting a document and submitting it would be a detriment to someone's application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by SlowlybtSurely: 10:47am On Apr 03, 2017
Gquest:
Congratulations Bimpsy99

It's 30hours a week.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by esosa4real(m): 11:59am On Apr 03, 2017
[quote author=ugoiyke79e2 post=55167373]

Guy u are not smiling at alllllll!!. more vaseline to ur elbow jare.[/quote

Lol, no time to check time
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Markab: 3:45pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello house, my wife currently studies in Canada but I don't want to include her as "coming with me to canada" in CRS assessment so as to earn maximum point because including her keeps my point below 400. Is it okay to declare her as not following to canada since she's already there?

2. My current job role in Nigeria falls under category NOC B, property and purchasing officer but im a civil engineer by profession although I have 1yr experience as a civil engineer before taking up this current role 2years ago making it cumulative 3years of work experience. Should I declare Civil engineering or purchasing as my noc?

Please advice and help a brother

Thank you o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by nairalinda: 4:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
Please dont say go back to page 0 abeg. I have gone through the thread from page 0; my only worry is if some of this information is still as relevant ie the processes still the same considering page 0 was like almost two years ago. Excuse my ignorance if i sound like im speaking in french
40manlappy:

Go back to page 0.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 6:16pm On Apr 03, 2017
nairalinda:
Please dont say go back to page 0 abeg. I have gone through the thread from page 0; my only worry is if some of this information is still as relevant ie the processes still the same considering page 0 was like almost two years ago. Excuse my ignorance if i sound like im speaking in french

LOL @bolded cheesy grin

The basic information on page 0 is still as current as today's newspaper. Since you are following the thread, you are not likely to miss any major changes to the programme.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by henrinco(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2017
Patiently waiting for MPNP new rules... 1st April don pass

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Markab: 6:29pm On Apr 03, 2017
Markab:
Hello house, my wife currently studies in Canada but I don't want to include her as "coming with me to canada" in CRS assessment so as to earn maximum point because including her keeps my point below 400. Is it okay to declare her as not following to canada since she's already there?

2. My current job role in Nigeria falls under category NOC B, property and purchasing officer but im a civil engineer by profession although I have 1yr experience as a civil engineer before taking up this current role 2years ago making it cumulative 3years of work experience. Should I declare Civil engineering or purchasing as my noc?

Thank you o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:03pm On Apr 03, 2017
1. Your do not need to evaluate your SCCE... What you have from WES is good enough. When did you do the evaluation?

2. Yes you need to cos its the 'General Training' module required for Express Entry.

3. Your occupation would not increase your chances... however, it's difficult to tell how good a chance you might have without your age and marital status.

4. No... You do not need to get licensed first. That can be done when you arrive in Canada and still wish you practice in that field.

jaybwoi:
Hello House,

I have a Medical Laboratory Science degree from the University of Nigeria and graduated in 2007. I obtained a M.Sc in Public Health degree from the UK and graduated in 2012. I have been in full time employment since 2008 as a Medical Laboratory Scientist till date (Inclusive of internship and NYSC).

I wrote IELTS (Academic) in May 2015 and obtained the following scores: S8.0 R7.5 L7.5 W6.5 (Overall 7.5)
I wrote PTE (Academic) in December 2016 and obtained the following scores: S65 R76 L90 W89

Please I desperately need the following clarifications:
1. For the WES evaluation, do I need to submit my SSCE or just documents for my 1st and 2nd degrees? If yes, how do I get WAEC/NECO to send my results to WES?
2. Do I need to re-write IELTS?
3. What are my chances for the express entry as a Medical Laboratory Scientist?
4. Do I need to get licensed first to practice in Canada, before applying for the express entry?

I intend to apply as a single applicant. I just hope these questions aren't too much of a bother.

Below is the provisional degree equivalency report from WES:

"Now that you know what your education is worth in Canada, get a WES credential evaluation to verify your credentials so they will be recognized by universities, employers, licensing bodies and CIC immigration programs in Canada.
Credential 1
Country of Education: Nigeria
Name of Degree: Bachelor of Science
Name of Institution: University of Nigeria
Equivalency in Canada: Bachelor's degree (4 years)

Credential 2
Country of Education: United Kingdom
Name of Degree: Master of Science
Name of Institution: Anglia Ruskin University
Equivalency in Canada: Master's degree

Thank you house.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:06pm On Apr 03, 2017
It's not a problem... You are good to go.

omesanni:
Hi,

Is it a problem if too much time has elapsed from when u get a document to when u eventually submit it as per ITA request. So for example, I have two bank accounts - one in Nigeria and the other in the UK. Now, if I get the bank letter for the Nigerian one today and say the bank letter for the UK account eventually gets to me in Nigeria one month later, would that be a problem?

I am worried some documents will take longer than others to get and I don't know if the fact that too much time elapses between getting a document and submitting it would be a detriment to someone's application
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 9:09pm On Apr 03, 2017
I think your wife might be better off as the principal applicant... Why not try using the CRS tool to check score both ways - you as principal applicant and also she as PA. Then you can make a choice...

2. If I remember correctly, you should have 3 years experience in the NOC you are claiming points for.

Markab:

Thank you o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 9:19pm On Apr 03, 2017
@40manlappy i want to cry on your head oooooooo. how is your own IQAS processing time 9 days and my own is not out ooooo. hay God i was really hopeful it was going to come out within today and tomorrow but now am having panic attack. please can you post your time line.
this is my timeline
January 26: my aunt helped me send a bank draft in Canada

February 23 i sent my documents via fax (i called several times and eventually they said they didn"t receive it ) i had to include my documents in my transcript

march 8 documents and transcript sent via dhl and delivered on the 16th march

march 16 : i got a mail that i had an outstanding payment , i called them and they said it was an error. then i got another mail acknowledging receipt of my documents

march 21 after 1 million calls i got second mail that my file is now in line for processing.
is your timeline similar to mine
i was really gunning for Wednesday draws. gosh my heart is heavy embarassed cry angry sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Markab: 9:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
She has no work experience and just started her program in Ontario, that's why she can't be a principal applicant
boldinc:
I think your wife might be better off as the principal applicant... Why not try using the CRS tool to check score both ways - you as principal applicant and also she as PA. Then you can make a choice...

2. If I remember correctly, you should have 3 years experience in the NOC you are claiming points for.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by boldinc(m): 10:31pm On Apr 03, 2017
You're right...

Markab:
She has no work experience and just started her program in Ontario, that's why she can't be a principal applicant
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 11:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
@optionese You made me laugh @ "i want to cry on your head"

You can't really predict IQAS. I had to call them today in respect of my wife's application. It has clocked about 12 working days with them already. All they said was that she should get it "in a couple of days" angry

They reminded me to check their website for their processing times which has increased to 15 working days. That was no news to me undecided

I really wished it was hers that came out earlier being the principal applicant so that we can be in line for this week's draw but my own ECA application got completed first.

See my timeline below;

February 16: Payment and submission of application.

February 22: Acknowledgement of application.

March 7: Acknowledgement of academic documents. They informed me at that point that my file has been placed for processing.

March 20: Notification of ECA. Got a scanned copy of the IQAS certificate.

Processing time was about 9 working days/13 calendar days.

We just have to be patient and wait. You are not alone!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by dammysanmi(m): 11:58pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hey people, Apparently WES decided to verify my BSc degree by INTERNATIONAL EXPRESS MAIL despite my request to withdraw the evaluation. Is that where the BILL 96.05 dollars came from (i had previously paid the 233.91 dollars)? I guess i have no option but to PAY? Not very convenient embarassed

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by optionese: 3:41am On Apr 04, 2017
you know i was reading on another forum where someone was crying baby like me on this IQAS processing time and most striking response was "if you cant be patient for 15 working days" how are you going to live through close to 6 months of waiting when you get an invite. God please sustain my faith for this journey . Amen

40manlappy:
@optionese You made me laugh @ "i want to cry on your head"

You can't really predict IQAS. I had to call them today in respect of my wife's application. It has clocked about 12 working days with them already. All they said was that she should get it "in a couple of days" angry

They reminded me to check their website for their processing times which has increased to 15 working days. That was no news to me undecided

I really wished it was hers that came out earlier being the principal applicant so that we can be in line for this week's draw but my own ECA application got completed first.

See my timeline below;

February 16: Payment and submission of application.

February 22: Acknowledgement of application.

March 7: Acknowledgement of academic documents. They informed me at that point that my file has been placed for processing.

March 20: Notification of ECA. Got a scanned copy of the IQAS certificate.

Processing time was about 9 working days/13 calendar days.

We just have to be patient and wait. You are not alone!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 9:11am On Apr 04, 2017
Hello House,

Writing IELTS May 18, I think I should start evaluating my credentials now.

Please can someone paste the link to IQAS's website. I am thinking of evaluating with them, because they seem to work faster than WES.

Please what are your opinions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ibrahym(m): 9:26am On Apr 04, 2017
Reasonabledoubt:
Hello House,

Writing IELTS May 18, I think I should start evaluating my credentials now.

Please can someone paste the link to IQAS's website. I am thinking of evaluating with them, because they seem to work faster than WES.

Please what are your opinions?

Seriously, can't you just type 'IQAS' on google or any other search engine? angry
https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx

Folks here have had varying experiences using either of them.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 11:34am On Apr 04, 2017
Ibrahym:

Seriously, can't you just type 'IQAS' on google or any other search engine? angry
https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration.aspx

Folks here have had varying experiences using either of them.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Lochinny: 1:24pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hello everyone
You all are doing great. Thank u
I've been a silent follower here . Please I would like to know if IQAS sends verification to schools. After they receive your documents like WES. I heard WES sends verification mail to schools.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by browndoll: 2:37pm On Apr 04, 2017
[b][quote author=Bimpsy99 post=55205678]initiated the WES process Jan 13, they got all the documents March 6 (verification inclusive), ECA issued March 30. It was just God plus constant following up on twitter cos they are generally unresponsive.

@Bimpsy99 @Gquest @Boldinc and everyone else,Please I am in a bit of a fix.i am so frustrated with Wes right now.
After 2 long months of follow up on all their available channels,Wes sent me the message below.
I have spoken and confirmed from ACCA that they have sent my transcript along with the academic request form,stamped and signed confirming that I have been awarded the Advanced diploma by ACCA.
I don't now know what Confirmation of award letter Wes wants again because ACCA says it doesn't send out any other documents outside of the 2 they sent.
Please house,help! Who has had this issue with them before please?

Advanced Diploma in Accounting and Business, 2016
WHAT IS REQUIRED STATUS REASON INSTRUCTIONS
Academic Transcript Not Accepted The document received does not indicate that your degree/diploma has been awarded. In order to complete an evaluation, WES requires an official written statement certifying that you have been awarded the degree. Please arrange for an official written statement to be sent directly to WES by the awarding institution. The Academic Records Request Form may be used for this purpose.
Required Documents
Confirmation of Award Letter X Not Received Required[/b]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 6:58pm On Apr 04, 2017
1. If you do not include her as accompanying, that means that you would then have to sponsor her under spouse after obtaining PR status. THis truly takes much longer and I am not sure but she may have to be outside Canada for that period. So, you should seriously consider this and all of its implications. I would advise that you add her as accompanying. She would write ielts and evaluate her completed degree to add to your points.
2. You declare your work experience as it is. Current role and corresponding NOC for the duration and then previous role and its corresponding NOC and duration.
Markab:

Thank you o

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by folamingo: 8:10pm On Apr 04, 2017
Please do I merge the notarized gift deed and other evidences of the proof of funds transfer to the LOE and upload in the LOE field or I should upload the gift deed and other evidences in the Proof of funds field?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by vcole: 8:34pm On Apr 04, 2017
On the issue of ECA or evaluation of credentials for the purpose of Canadian skilled migration, please note that IRCC specifically states that ONLY YOUR HIGHEST QUALIFICATION needs to be evaluated. This is stated clearly on their website complete with examples of possible scenarios. I do understand that some applicants may be concerned about possessing a "highest qualification" that may not necessarily be in the same area of study as the qualification that may support their current or previous work experiences. In these cases, please note that the IRCC rule still applies. Evaluate only your highest qualification. However, you can mention your other qualification (s) under education and indicate that you did not obtain an ECA for them.

On the issue of POF and bank letters and bank accounts. Please note that the IRCC states that a bank letter for ALL bank accounts of the principal applicant detailing the average balance over a period of 6 months and stating that there are no loans, etc etc is required. in Nigeria, since most banks do not issue letters in the IRCC format, a reference letter from your bank (s) in whatever format they routinely issue alongside a 6 months' bank statement has proven sufficient thus far. So, for all who have questions as regards what to submit if POF is in t bills, FD, etc etc etc. Please note the ALL above and be guided.....submit your other accounts ....ref letters and bank statements alongside other evidence of POF in FD or Tbills.

As for document size......use pdfmerge to merge your scans. you can also scan at 200dpi instead of 400dpi. Then reduce size of merged file online. As long as it remains legible, you should be fine.

As regards WES process and IQAS process of verification.......once IQAS receives your academic transcript alongside a completed request for academics records form from your school, they do not send another verification via mail or email to your school. WES however, has been known to send a verification request to your school after receiving your transcript and docs.

Good evening everyone.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2017
Thumbs up @vcole. Thanks for sharing these vital information.

Have you landed? smiley
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Bimpsy99: 9:44pm On Apr 04, 2017
Hi.sorry about your WES experience, I evaluated ACCA membership and so I am not sure of how they evaluate advanced diploma. All I sent was my certificate while ACCA sent the transcript and academic records form which was immediately accepted.what stressed me was my HND.

You may wanna goggle and check other forums like canadavisa on who has evaluated that same certificate. All the best.

browndoll:
[b]

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) (360) (361) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.