Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,971 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here - Travel (427) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here (2604876 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (821) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 12:35pm On May 05, 2017
Hi -

I just completed the eAPR submission & payment for my friend. When I logged back into her CIC account, the status was "processing payment"? I am puzzled because when I did my own application, it went straight to "submitted" and I got my AOR immediately.

Has anyone experienced this...? or am I being paranoid...?

Many thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by winter(f): 12:37pm On May 05, 2017
Thanks a lot.
Will do just that.

40manlappy:
@winter Congratulations! cheesy

Pay both fees upfront to save unnecessary delay thereafter.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 12:37pm On May 05, 2017
Congrats to all those who got ITAs.

Pls I want to confirm from those dat have used IQAS for evaluation. Do you have to notorize copies of ur certificates sent?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 12:41pm On May 05, 2017
Redaddict:

I didn't even know about IQAS just hearing about it now. Based on the advise I just got here, I would notify them to remove Law School Certificate.

Please is there a way I can commence the Application on CIC website pending when the evaluation is concluded? I would really want to avoid my IELTS expiring in January,2018 without me getting something tangible out of it.
Tell WES to ignore ur law school cert or transcript or both. Pple reach them on twitter thesedays, u can email them too.

I believe ur IELTS is d GT version. I hope u have checked ur CRS! Next January is a long way off.

So u have these credentials and profile and u are looking for a TRV..na wa for ya!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by 40manlappy: 12:45pm On May 05, 2017
perks:
Congrats to all those who got ITAs.

Pls I want to confirm from those dat have used IQAS for evaluation. Do you have to notorize copies of ur certificates sent?

*modified

No. I suggest that you scan the original documents as a PDF file and send via hellofax. That way, you won't have to spend a dime on courier charges. It is even faster than courier. Please check their website for the fax number.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by perks: 12:50pm On May 05, 2017
40manlappy:

No. I suggest that you scan the original documents as a PDF file and send via hellofax. That way, you won't have to spend a dime on courier charges.

Thanks 40manlappy. How is ur eAPR going?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Redaddict: 12:54pm On May 05, 2017
elfmann:

Tell WES to ignore ur law school cert or transcript or both. Pple reach them on twitter thesedays, u can email them too.

I believe ur IELTS is d GT version. I hope u have checked ur CRS! Next January is a long way off.

So u have these credentials and profile and u are looking for a TRV..na wa for ya!
My brother (or sister), Am just trying to attach this immigration thing from different angles that's why am also looking at the TRV approach.

Do you mean I can conclude this Fsw/Express entry before the IELTS expires in January? That would be great o! Cos I have a colleague who has been on this for almost a year now and he only has ITA

Please help me, is there any step I can take before the WES evaluation is back?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:07pm On May 05, 2017
Redaddict:

My brother (or sister), Am just trying to attach this immigration thing from different angles that's why am also looking at the TRV approach.

Do you mean I can conclude this Fsw/Express entry before the IELTS expires in January? That would be great o! Cos I have a colleague who has been on this for almost a year now and he only has ITA

ITA for a year? Hian
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by MummyJaygirls: 1:10pm On May 05, 2017
40manlappy:

cheesy cheesy

IMHO, use the ITA with better potential and one that requires less stress with documentation e.g. NOC, POF, Reference Letters, etc

Now that u mentioned this, looks like we will stick to hubby cos I remember reading on this thread where government workers background check take longer.(I'm a government worker) I no want any delay abeg
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:16pm On May 05, 2017
Redaddict:
Hi everyone, please I need help with my WES verification. I am a lawyer and Law School posted my verification to WES via NIPOST. This has taken almost two months now. I am practically stuck as it is. My Masters degree and Undergraduate degree schools have replied WES so true only pending issue is this Law School one. Can I ask WES to remove it from my school and only issue an assessment based on the Masters and Undergraduate programs? Please help me. I paid for WES since January and My IELTS was taken last year JAnuary so I am racing against time.

Please I need advise.

Thank you

Approach to this question is multidimensional, but first I should ask, do you plan on practising law in Canada when you eventually get PR?

if Yes, then I'd suggest you go the whole length in evaluating your LLB,BL and/or LLM with WES. As a FTL ( Foreign Trained Lawyer) seeking to continue practise in any province in Canada, your credentials would be assessed, and then, you'd write some recommended exams plus other stuff (depending on the province).WES is national as such, its assessment is recognized by all provinces in Canada ( not sure of Quebec though). IQAS on the other hand is just a regional assessment body based in Edmonton, Alberta. Their evaluation isn't accepted on a national level.

It has been established in this forum that IQAS is a faster route but what peeps don't know is that there's backlog of files as a result of hundreds of applications everyday. However, as against WES, give or take , you're having your ECA report under a month with constant follow up calls oo. So if you don't mind spending the extra cash on IQAS

From my angle, as a lawyer and an ITA hopeful, I did ECA with both bodies ( I used my LLB only to evaluate with IQAS while I used LLB & BL for WES, all at a huge financial cost but it was worth it). While IQAS is just for the aim of entering the pool "sharp-sharp", WES will be very useful in the long run. My credentials and evaluation report will stay in their system for 5 good years before being expunged. This would afford me the opportunity of requesting my transcripts ( LLB and BL) to be sent to whichever organisation that requests for it in Canada. I don't have to start calling my university or law school from Canada ( the headache no be here ).

I enjoin you to do same @ Redaddict. Leave your WES evaluation to go its full course ( anything worth doing is worth doing well). If you're pressed for time, use either LLB or LLM and evaluate with IQAS but maybe, before a month your evaluation with WES might be completed. You never know!

Cheers!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Redaddict: 1:17pm On May 05, 2017
MummyJaygirls:

ITA for a year? Hian
@mummyjaygirls, Please am new to this process. Can you explain? Is it too slow for him to have ITA within a year?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by omesanni: 1:18pm On May 05, 2017
omesanni:
Hi,

Just received ITA today and I am completing the PR application form. Two questions are confusing me.

1. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Now, I have been refused a student visa to the U.S as well as visiting visa to the U.S before. Do I have to answer yes to both questions or is it only one i answer yes to.
If am answering yes to the first question, do I need to provide details of only the visiting visa or do I have to mention the student visa as well

Also, can answering yes have a detriment on the success of my application?

I need as many replies as possible so i can get this right

Please can someone help me with my question above. I really need to complete filling the form
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Ehrnie: 1:24pm On May 05, 2017
Ehrnie:
Hi -

I just completed the eAPR submission & payment for my friend. When I logged back into her CIC account, the status was "processing payment"? I am puzzled because when I did my own application, it went straight to "submitted" and I got my AOR immediately.

Has anyone experienced this...? or am I being paranoid...?

Many thanks!

Sorted! Thanks....even though no one replied to my SOS call. God is watching all of you reading and ignoring, lol!

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 1:40pm On May 05, 2017
Redaddict:

What are ur IELTS scores, age:?education: Masters, work exp: 3yrs and above, Marital status:?
You can use the CRS tool to check..I believe ur IELTS is the general training version. Once u get ITA, expiry date of IELTS trf is overlooked.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 1:42pm On May 05, 2017
Babachi:

Interesting! they were refused even with gift deeds. Was the money in their account or did they use a fixed deposit account?

This ain't funny y'all. Gift Deed is supposed to assist with that na. I'm waiting for it to be almost month so I can apply. The funds came in less than two weeks, the account hasn't gotten much credit above 100k+ for about three months and the maximum it ever got is about 900k. Now I got 1.6m from family and did some deals with a couple of people that were owing me also paid back. I only did gift deed for the 1.6m.
Please what do you guys think?
When is it best to apply? My 60 days is due in 25 days time.

Help is needed asap. cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 05, 2017
Ehrnie:

Sorted! Thanks....even though no one replied to my SOS call. God is watching all of you reading and ignoring, lol!
If nobody has experienced this nko? Only u dey chop ur pal agent cash dey complain give us.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 2:20pm On May 05, 2017
Java47:

This ain't funny y'all. Gift Deed is supposed to assist with that na. I'm waiting for it to be almost month so I can apply. The funds came in less than two weeks, the account hasn't gotten much credit above 100k+ for about three months and the maximum it ever got is about 900k. Now I got 1.6m from family and did some deals with a couple of people that were owing me also paid back. I only did gift deed for the 1.6m.

Help is needed asap. cry
My mind is telling me this, the bulk shldnt be formed by gift deeds. I was saying this last time..everyone looked and ignored. You say u have worked for ten yrs..na ur father give u all d fund to settle in Canada.. Check am if u b VO. They know these funds are borrowed.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by jobmman: 2:25pm On May 05, 2017
omesanni:
Hi,

Just received ITA today and I am completing the PR application form. Two questions are confusing me.

1. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni been refused refugee status, or an immigrant or permanent resident visa (including a Certificat de sélection du Québec (CSQ) or application to the Provincial nominee Program) or visitor or temporary resident visa, to Canada or any other country?

2. Has Omeyimi Madowu Sanni ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?:

Now, I have been refused a student visa to the U.S as well as visiting visa to the U.S before. Do I have to answer yes to both questions or is it only one i answer yes to.
If am answering yes to the first question, do I need to provide details of only the visiting visa or do I have to mention the student visa as well

Also, can answering yes have a detriment on the success of my application?

I need as many replies as possible so i can get this right
Please answer YES to both questions as both questions clearly ask if u av been refused visa to any country. Answer YES to both to avoid ban for misrepresentation. My 2 cents

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 2:44pm On May 05, 2017
Java47:

Help is needed asap. cry
Just write a letter of explanation explaining what your relation does and attach a gift deed. they could also write using his letterhead to CIC. you could also attach their bank statements.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Redaddict: 2:48pm On May 05, 2017
elfmann:

What are ur IELTS scores, age:?education: Masters, work exp: 3yrs and above, Marital status:?
You can use the CRS tool to check..I believe ur IELTS is the general training version. Once u get ITA, expiry date of IELTS trf is overlooked.
My score: L-7.5, R-7.0, W-6.5, S- 8.0 overall band 7.5
Hubby: L-5.0, R-5.0, W-5.5, S-6.5 overall band 5.5
It's General training test.
Work experience: 10years
Married.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Babachi: 2:48pm On May 05, 2017
ottawaboi:
Good Job being done here.

I would like to make some clarifications, please.

1. At what point in the entire process will one need to submit the proof of funds?
2. Does the funds have to be in raw cash or can it be in stocks and bonds or any other kind of liquidable instrument?
3. If i decide to liquidate all investments we have in shares, cooperative etc, do we have to wait for 6 months before presenting the statement or can we just liquidate and show proof of purchase of the bonds etc and also get a letter from them stating that the funds is ours and that it is not borrowed?
3. For the the evaluation of previous education , which is preferable, WES or IQAS? i have a HND, spouse has a BSC

I will deeply appreciate your responses in this regard.
Guy its better to liquidate and keep for in account for 6months

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Redaddict: 2:51pm On May 05, 2017
elfmann:

Married.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by kay2011(m): 3:08pm On May 05, 2017
Hi Seniors,

quite a job you guys are doing here.

keep it up.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:09pm On May 05, 2017
Redaddict:

Married.
Pls use CRS tool..i sabi say women no dey quick release DOB. Instead of using IQAS to fast track, tell WES to ignore ur BL and go ahead with LLM and LLB..assuming ur schools have verified and call on WES later to add the law sch for law licence to practice or job as a lawyer in Canada. IQAS' may not be accepted for licensing.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by HTC2017: 3:11pm On May 05, 2017
not sure but I feel they got the funds late and the basis in the LOE did not hold water in the VO's opinion.

But based on my main question, what would you advise?

Babachi:

Interesting! they were refused even with gift deeds. Was the money in their account or did they use a fixed deposit account?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:17pm On May 05, 2017

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:19pm On May 05, 2017

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 3:22pm On May 05, 2017
HTC2017:
not sure but I feel they got the funds late and the basis in the LOE did not hold water in the VO's opinion.

But based on my main question, what would you advise?

Now this is scary, I got all the funds way after ITA and printed statement the ffg day. So VO go reject me? But how will they determine that one's family can't genuinely give out the needed cash esp when the family member gets paid very well.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Java47: 3:24pm On May 05, 2017
Babachi:

Just write a letter of explanation explaining what your relation does and attach a gift deed. they could also write using his letterhead to CIC. you could also attach their bank statements.

At the moment the person isn't around. And getting the bank statement and letter really won't be possible. Isn't the gift deed sufficient with the LOE? cos now I'm worried.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by Nobody: 3:26pm On May 05, 2017
temitope06:

Now this is scary, I got all the funds way after ITA and printed statement the ffg day. So VO go reject me? But how will they determine that one's family can't genuinely give out the needed cash esp when the family member gets paid very well.
Baba, chill..let HTC tell us all from d horse's mouth or from letters of rejection.periods and wordings could make a difference. Many folks future hinges on gift of deeds. Make d thing never cast oh.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here by temitope06(m): 3:39pm On May 05, 2017
elfmann:

Baba, chill..let HTC tell us all from d horse's mouth or from letters of rejection.periods and wordings could make a difference. Many folks future hinges on gift of deeds. Make d thing never cast oh.

Bro I no just send again. I know a lot of ppl have gotten PPR using gift deeds. A dude on Canadavisa forum even outlined all d docs he submitted in relation to POF and he used gift deed and he's in Canny so whatever the VOs wanna do, let em do. High BP is reaaalll

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (424) (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) ... (821)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.